PDA

View Full Version : Yo! Tusk & Token: Word of Tu'a

TrapGame
10-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Rumors going round no Vegas odds yet because Tu'a getting knee looked at tomorrow and could miss a few games.

What y'all hearing?

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 10:26 PM
I heard he "sprained" his knee against Arkansas but that it was no big deal. Then, there was also the rumor going around that he damaged his meniscus against Arkansas and that he had a knee scope the next day. He obviously didn't have the scope.

He was clearly injured for Mizzu, but played through the pain. He could have played with either a sprained knee or a meniscus tear if it were minor.

Today I'm hearing meniscus, but it could be total crap. We'll find out for sure tomorrow, but either way we may get Hurts starting at QB for UT, and we'll all be hoping he comes back in time for LSU. If he has a knee scope, he could be back by then. We'll just have to see. Saban meets with the press tomorrow at noon.

Us Bammers are clamoring for the Tua info right now. Apparently, so is Vegas.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 10:58 PM
I heard message board rumor that he had/will have his knee scoped... very recently (*/- 2 days)... Dunno if it's true.... prolly not...

Regardless, even if he needed his knee cleaned up a bit, it shouldn't take more than a couple weeks for him to return.

If I were MDL (forgive the blasphemy), I'd sit him the next 2-5 weeks, save emergency purposes...

bulldawg28
10-14-2018, 11:01 PM
I heard message board rumor that he had/will have his knee scoped... very recently (*/- 2 days)... Dunno if it's true.... prolly not...

Regardless, even if he needed his knee cleaned up a bit, it shouldn't take more than a couple weeks for him to return.

If I were MDL (forgive the blasphemy), I'd sit him the next 2-5 weeks, save emergency purposes...

If he sits that long Bama wouldn't make make the SEC championship or playoffs

bulldawg28
10-14-2018, 11:01 PM

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:03 PM

Both of the above posts are equitably incorrect.

Pit Bull
10-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Any kind of knee scoped is usually 2-3 weeks. I had mine scoped twice and the back of my knee cap was shaved smooth of rough edges.....I was out about 4 weeks. Depends on what they do once they scope it. Even if they just scope to look around with the camera, it would mean 2 weeks out. But lucky for BAMA, they have a NC caliber QB as Tua's backup, so there wont be any dropoff IMO.

TUSK
10-15-2018, 01:01 AM
Any kind of knee scoped is usually 2-3 weeks. I had mine scoped twice and the back of my knee cap was shaved smooth of rough edges.....I was out about 4 weeks. Depends on what they do once they scope it. Even if they just scope to look around with the camera, it would mean 2 weeks out. But lucky for BAMA, they have a NC caliber QB as Tua's backup, so there wont be any dropoff IMO.

yup.

dawgday166
10-15-2018, 05:46 AM

If Bama loses 2, which won't happen, they still making playoffs. CFP ain't leaving Bama out.

State82
10-15-2018, 07:32 AM

Yes, they are incorrect.

DownwardDawg
10-15-2018, 08:17 AM

Huh????? Who’s gonna beat them? Hurts will run all over everyone.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 10:07 AM

I had a meniscus repaired last August. Took me out for four weeks. My son had one fix this pat July and he was up running around five days later. I guess it depends on age and who.

bulldawg28
10-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Huh????? Who’s gonna beat them? Hurts will run all over everyone.

They scored ONE Td with Hurts playing the second half.

bulldawg28
10-15-2018, 11:11 AM

Lol... Mr. Ears will have an effective gameplan to slow down Bama.

tireddawg
10-15-2018, 11:15 AM

I hope he's fine. I want Bama at full scrength, no excuses.

TUSK
10-15-2018, 11:33 AM
I want Bama.

You trying to get me to change my signature, or somethin'???

Dawg61
10-15-2018, 12:20 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/bq6F8QYqBU7Yc/giphy.gif

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Where are you seeing that.... show me a link...

Saban said in his PC today...

On Monday, Saban spoke to the media, and updated the status of his star QB ahead of Saturday’s rivalry game against Tennessee.

“Tua has not missed a day of practice. He could have gone back in the game, like I said,” Saban told reporters. “He’s going to practice today. He’s probably better this week than he was last week. We’ll see how it goes in practice and we’ll continue to evaluate him to get him ready to play in the game.”

TUSK
10-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Nah, gonna hold em out til the 2nd Half of the CFP Championship Game....*

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Nah, gonna hold em out til the 2nd Half of the CFP Championship Game....*

I heard he was gonna start for the Giants next week... done with this amateur crap...

Dawg61
10-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Where are you seeing that.... show me a link...

Saban said in his PC today...

Bama poster on SEC Rant reported it but looks like you're correct and it's been updated. Tua not out, injury not considered serious. Gif is still funny though.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/tua-will-return-for-the-miss-st-game/79471746/

TUSK
10-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Per MDL: “(Tagovailoa is) probably better this week than he was last week,” Saban said. “We’ll see how he does in practice and continue to evaluate. As long as the medical staff clears him, we’ll keep working him to try to get him ready to play in the game.”

and re: DL Davis: “We will handle that internally,” Saban said. “We will have him do some things. I think it should affect his playing time in the future.”

tireddawg
10-15-2018, 03:59 PM
You trying to get me to change my signature, or somethin'???

Nah, just had to get my 1 over-confident post in for the day.

Schultzy
10-15-2018, 06:18 PM
No dropoff from Tua to Hurts? Call BS on that; They would still be favored in all, but upsetable - not so with Tua.

Pit Bull
10-15-2018, 11:00 PM
I heard he was gonna start for the Giants next week... done with this amateur crap...

Definitely be an upgrade for the Giants.

TUSK
10-16-2018, 12:00 AM
No dropoff from Tua to Hurts? Call BS on that; They would still be favored in all, but upsetable - not so with Tua.

Absolutely there is a "drop off" from Tua to Hurts... only a moron would suggest otherwise... However, to say Hurts can't win out this season is almost equitably moronic... Hurts is close to in the top half of SEC QBs this year....

Hurts went 26-2 with less talent than this Bammer offense and vs better competition.... A better question is "Can Mac Jones win out?"

The answer to that question is "yes".

bulldawg28
10-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Absolutely there is a "drop off" from Tua to Hurts... only a moron would suggest otherwise... However, to say Hurts can't win out this season is almost equitably moronic... Hurts is close to in the top half of SEC QBs this year....

Hurts went 26-2 with less talent than this Bammer offense and vs better competition.... A better question is "Can Mac Jones win out?"

The answer to that question is "yes".

Homerism with you has gone off the cliff. This Bama team is different than the rest of the past teams. Your defense is an average SEC defense at best. Yes you have elite talent at WR but that only works with a Qb that can pass. The only passing Qb on that roster is TUA.
Hurts has been figured out. He's lost the last two games he's started due to this. Explain to me how Hurts played on a less talented offensive team? These are the same dudes on last year's roster that he struggled with while starting. If you plug Hurts in there now you'll possibly lose 3 games in the regular season. He's that bad. The offense completely stops when he's in there.

Dawg61
10-16-2018, 08:15 AM
However, to say Hurts can't win out this season is almost equitably moronic.

I'd like to see him try

bulldawg28
10-16-2018, 10:21 AM
I'd like to see him try

You and me both.

TUSK
10-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Homerism with you has gone off the cliff. This Bama team is different than the rest of the past teams. Your defense is an average SEC defense at best. Yes you have elite talent at WR but that only works with a Qb that can pass. The only passing Qb on that roster is TUA.
Hurts has been figured out. He's lost the last two games he's started due to this. Explain to me how Hurts played on a less talented offensive team? These are the same dudes on last year's roster that he struggled with while starting. If you plug Hurts in there now you'll possibly lose 3 games in the regular season. He's that bad. The offense completely stops when he's in there.

There's too much wrong in this thread to address in one post.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Rumors going round no Vegas odds yet because Tu'a getting knee looked at tomorrow and could miss a few games.

What y'all hearing?

I bet he is glad as hell they got OM out of the way. They would most assuredly try to finish him off.

sonofozarka
10-16-2018, 09:55 PM
I agree with bulldawg28 for the most part Tusk. The skill guys were actually better last year with Ridley/Foster/Cam Sims (with the existing WR's & Irv Smith also there). Same RB's, probably a better offensive coordinator last year, but Hurts definitely had a better OC in 2016. So I still think Bama would struggle offensively with Hurts, but only against top tier defenses which they haven't seen yet this year.

Plus this year's Bama defense is probably considerably worse, probably Saban's worst since his 1st year there so not CLOSE to defense Hurts had in 16 or when fully healthy in 17.

I say LSU and UGA beat Bama if Hurts has to play, hell MSU outplayed Bama last year and that was one of Hurts' best games

TUSK
10-16-2018, 10:23 PM
I agree with bulldawg28 for the most part Tusk. The skill guys were actually better last year with Ridley/Foster/Cam Sims (with the existing WR's & Irv Smith also there). Same RB's, probably a better offensive coordinator last year, but Hurts definitely had a better OC in 2016. So I still think Bama would struggle offensively with Hurts, but only against top tier defenses which they haven't seen yet this year.

Plus this year's Bama defense is probably considerably worse, probably Saban's worst since his 1st year there so not CLOSE to defense Hurts had in 16 or when fully healthy in 17.

I say LSU and UGA beat Bama if Hurts has to play, hell MSU outplayed Bama last year and that was one of Hurts' best games

That's a reasonable argument, buddy... Here's my take:

I believe Jeudy/Ruggs/Smith/Smith/Hentges (with an added year of experience) are better talentwise than Ridley/Sims/Foster/Smith/Hentges were last year...

I think the carries that Bo Scarbrough got last year are more productive spread among Harris/Harris/Jacobs...

Also, Hurts passing has improved dramatically... And I've no clue why... His Efficiency and accuracy are lots better... He's still no Tua though.. and I definitely think Hurts slows our offense down...

The Defense is a quandary to me... while not as good as usual they are still a top 10-15 defense, but they are inconsistent and that can haunt them vs a dynamic offense... I think some is because UA scores so quickly and they are still showing growing pains... I think most actually underrate the defense... we'll know more when UA sees better competition... I think peeps also overlook the amount of NFL talent at DL and LB positions... additionally, I don't believe they'll allow the number of points it'll take to outscore UA the way the O is ginning...

anyway, you make good points and there's lots of football left for us to figure it all out....