PDA

View Full Version : Fellow bowhunters

WeWillScrewItUp
10-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I am curious what broadheads y'all prefer. I shoot thunderhead 100's and have for years. My dad shoots the 3 blade rages and my little sister shoots slick tricks. All 3 seem to do the job. I'm just curious what other people shoot. Thanks in advance for sharing.

LandDawg
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
A lot of people are highly opinionated on their choice of broad head. I personally shoot 2 blade rage. I have shot thunderhead & wasp fixed blade. Wasp are the sharpest fixed blade out there but the rage has worked great for me. I'm sure you've heard this before, but all will work if you make a good shot.

basedog
10-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Two blade BloodRunner, makes an awesome cut, but like LandDawg it's all about the placement.

WeWillScrewItUp
10-16-2013, 04:31 PM
I agree. A well placed shot is all that really matters. I'm happy with my thunderheads but am always interested in what others shoot.

WeWillScrewItUp
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
One broadhead I have been curious about is the T3. Has anyone shot it?

FISHDAWG
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
converted from the 3 blade wasp to thunderhead 100's

trob115
10-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Ramcats are the sharpest on the market by far. I still shoot striker by G5. I love them. I also have some chisel point 2 blade rage but I just like a fixed blade better. Yet the ramcat.

TUSK
10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Montec G5, 85gr. Indestructible.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I agree on the montec, but I shoot 100 grain. I gave the rage a try and I was wounding deer. The rage provides a better blood trail, but the montec packs a punch and they don't run far. I also like the fact that they're cut out of a solid piece of metal.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Good thread. I haven't bow hunted in a few years. I started shooting my bow again a couple of weeks ago. I always used 100 grain broadheads. The last ones I shot were Crimson Talons. They were ok. Killed a few deer with them and a 5' Timber Rattler. I need to buy some new broadheads so I'm following this thread closely. Suggestions???

WeWillScrewItUp
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Good thread. I haven't bow hunted in a few years. I started shooting my bow again a couple of weeks ago. I always used 100 grain broadheads. The last ones I shot were Crimson Talons. They were ok. Killed a few deer with them and a 5' Timber Rattler. I need to buy some new broadheads so I'm following this thread closely. Suggestions???

It really depends on what you want to shoot as far a fixed blade or mechanical. I have always shot thunderhead 100s but am considering making the jump to mechanicals and shooting rages. My dad started shooting them a couple years ago and hasn't had a deer run over 75 yards. I will give him credit on being a great shot too but those rages are wicked.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
It really depends on what you want to shoot as far a fixed blade or mechanical. I have always shot thunderhead 100s but am considering making the jump to mechanicals and shooting rages. My dad started shooting them a couple years ago and hasn't had a deer run over 75 yards. I will give him credit on being a great shot too but those rages are wicked.

Thanks. I'm gonna check those out.