PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts....

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2018, 10:43 AM
- Why is everyone freaking out about LSU? It's pathetic. They are good team but not great. Teams can usually only get up about 4 times a year & yesterday was one of their 4 & the Bama in two weeks for them will be another one of their 4. They'll be tough to beat next weekend but we can do it. Stop worrying.

- Ole Miss is on the cusp of history by going a full year without beating a power 5 team when their QB went uninjured.

- Playoff must expand. The same teams every year & unbalanced schedule equals an awful system. It would be better for the game if more teams had a chance to get in later in the year. Especially teams that underwent coaching changes & lost a few games early in the year as a result.

- Screw the media for praising Tennessee after basically not saying a damn word about MSU or Fitz after we took Auburn to the woodshed last week. Clearly biased reporting.

- Hopefully JoMo will come up with a good game plan this week. We won't be able to run the exact plays & formations vs LSU as we did vs Auburn. Aranda will scheme against it.

- Hopefully the off week equals some wrinkles & better timing in our pass game. To beat LSU, we are going to need a few 20+ pass plays.

- Raekwon Davis should be suspended for a game just like Dillon Day was. I have nothing against RD, even though Bama bought him, but fair is fair and he should be suspended as this precedent has already been set. I doubt it'll happen though because it happened vs a smaller fan base that won't complain as much as LSU did.

Big week & stop worrying. Again, it's pathetic. We have some posters on the board that seem like they are out looking of a hug or to be patted on the shoulder & told every ting gonna aight little bebby. Relax & show some confidence in our program.

NCDawg
10-14-2018, 10:52 AM
We will definitely need our LB's to play tough against LSU. The only one I've seen making great plays is Thompson.

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Great post! Agree completely!

TrapGame
10-14-2018, 11:40 AM
I really think Kirby went into DV with a smug attitude. He thought he was smarter than O (see fake field goal). You can't do that in DV or the tigers will eat you for lunch. We protect the ball get a decent run game going with a few short pass completions and we have a chance to be in this late in the 4th quarter.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2018, 11:46 AM
I really think Kirby went into DV with a smug attitude. He thought he was smarter than O (see fake field goal). You can't do that in DV or the tigers will eat you for lunch. We protect the ball get a decent run game going with a few short pass completions and we have a chance to be in this late in the 4th quarter.

Yeah Kirby coached that game arrogant. Like he could just show up and toy around with LSU and win. Terrible coaching job by uga

tcdog70
10-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Unlike most I liked the Coach O hire. He is the opposite of Les Miles. he said He learned His lesson and hired Coaches and Let's them Coach. players love Him and He will have top notch talent at LSU. He has now proven He can win in the SEC. Picking up Burrow was a smart move. I'll bet USC wished they had kept Him, cause they ain't shit since he left.

We can beat LSU but we can't have a KY. Like game. We must stay ahead of the chains and cannot drop passes.

RougeDawg
10-14-2018, 12:51 PM
We just need to do what we do and we will win. Auburn knew we were running it and could not stop us. Their front 7 is better than LSU. LSU has the better defensive backfield so that should push us to more runs anyhow.

parabrave
10-14-2018, 01:02 PM
We need to have a few more passing plays but not the 20+ yards kind. Their DBs are too good for us and BTW you have noticed our pass blocking haven't you? Screens and dink and dunk passes to our backs coming out of the backfield will work against them. But our running game has to set these plays up. We can run against them.

thf24
10-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Recency bias is about as bad as I've ever seen it around here. Two weeks ago, LSU was legit and going to wipe the floor with us. A week ago, they were suddenly overrated, flawed, and would be nice and softened up for a beatdown in their house after two straight losses. Now, they're back to legit and we'll surely lose unless we stick to a very certain gameplan schemed up by our resident armchair coaches, plus catch a ton of breaks.

Some among us would lose a lot less sleep and retain a lot more brain cells if they'd stop trying to set every moment on the timeline of a recreational activity in stone and just sit back and watch how things play out without putting the deepest depths of their emotions on the line.

bobtail bob
10-14-2018, 10:25 PM
We need to be hitting this week in practice to match their physical game

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Raekwon was defending his teammate. Click the link and watch the video. Raekwon went after the olineman for hitting his teammate in the head and taking another swing at him and missing on the way down.

What Raekwon did in retaliation was wrong, but Mizzu was playing dirty. Their LBer wrenched on two different players legs and injured one doing so. He did it to both Damien Harris and Henry Ruggs. He injured Ruggs.

Scroll down to the post by "Alabama Logo".

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAlabamaLogo/status/1051579325127041029?s=19

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Raekwon was defending his teammate. Click the link and watch the video. Raekwon went after the olineman for hitting his teammate in the head and taking another swing at him and missing on the way down.

What Raekwon did in retaliation was wrong, but Mizzu was playing dirty. Their LBer wrenched on two different players legs and injured one doing so. He did it to both Damien Harris and Henry Ruggs. He injured Ruggs.

Hang on....wrong link.

What you say may be correct but reasoning doesn't matter & is irrelevent.

Precedent has been set here & it's not right if it's enforced vs some teams & not against others.

I have nothing against RD, but he should be suspended.

If an MSU player had done what RD did to a Bama player & the entire Alabama fan base came after him & raised hell on Finebaum, would the MSU player be suspended?

The answer to that is unequivocally yes & we know that because it basically happened when we played LSU.

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 10:50 PM
What you say may be correct but reasoning doesn't matter & is irrelevent.

Precedent has been set here & it's not right if it's enforced vs some teams & not against others.

I have nothing against RD, but he should be suspended.

You can look at the link now. I put it back up.

Ejected? Yes. Suspended? No. This is football, not pillow fighting.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2018, 10:53 PM

You see, but that's not the way this has worked in the past.

The rules can't be different for certain teams. It's simply not right.

You can bitch & complain all you want about intent & who he was protecting, but that is not the way this has worked in the past.

Do you believe Bama deserves to operate under different rules that what the SEC has enforced in the past?

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2018, 10:55 PM
You can look at the link now. I put it back up.

Just watched the link & the Mizzou player didn't do anything dirty.

You guys can't see shit from anyone else's perspective. Completely blind from reality

If RD played for anyone outside of Bama, UGA, LSU, & maybe Auburn, he would be suspended. It's that simple

Under your logic, the entire MSU football should be allowed to the ever living 17 out Ole Miss' team before the Egg Bowl for what they did to Fitz last year & not have anyone suspended for it.

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 11:00 PM
You see, but that's not the way this has worked in the past.

The rules can't be different for certain teams. It's simply not right.

You can bitch & complain all you want about intent & who he was protecting, but that is not the way this has worked in the past.

Do you believe Bama deserved to operate under different rules that what the SEC has enforced in the past?

I don't see you asking for the Mizzu olineman to be suspended. Shouldn't he be?

I don't know what precedent has been set for a football player taking a few swings in defense of a teammate, but I know it happens. Sometimes the pile is not a pleasant place to be.

I've seen players get ejected for fighting or throwing a punch in a game, but suspensions? I don't remember seeing precedent for that. I may be wrong, and I'm welcome to examples and there probably are some.

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 11:04 PM
Just watched the link & the Mizzou player didn't do anything dirty.

Ok man. I guess we don't have anything to talk about then. There just isn't a point to it.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:14 PM
Davis should be suspended for hitting someone on the ground.... unless he was defending someone.

Westdawg
10-14-2018, 11:20 PM
I don't see you asking for the Mizzu olineman to be suspended. Shouldn't he be?

I don't know what precedent has been set for a football player taking a few swings in defense of a teammate, but I know it happens. Sometimes the pile is not a pleasant place to be.

I've seen players get ejected for fighting or throwing a punch in a game, but suspensions? I don't remember seeing precedent for that. I may be wrong, and I'm welcome to examples and there probably are some.

Dillon Day was suspended for one game for stepping/stomping on an LSU player in '14 or '15. League precedent has been set and I believe there was one last year or in '16, as well.

BhamDawg205
10-14-2018, 11:23 PM

Scroll down to the post by "Alabama Logo".

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAlabamaLogo/status/1051579325127041029?s=19
When I saw both plays, I said both the LB #47 and RD needed to sit. You get suspended for unintentional targeting, why not intention to cause harm outside a regular football play. Both were caught on live TV. If nothing happens this woul be my defense if it was to happen to MSU again.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:25 PM
Yup, Day stomped on dude's nuts... on purpose... RD should get a similar penalty, IMO...

Westdawg
10-14-2018, 11:28 PM
Also, I just took several looks at your link, Token. I can tell you here and now that the OL didn't swing on #30. He gave a solid straight arm jab, but nothing that doesn't happen 20+ times a game from every team. If anything, the OL was guilty of a hand to the face mask of the DL on that play, but you and every other Bammer that is pumping that story has never played football, nor understands the rules. And honestly, ya boy was the recipient of a really great pancake block. Y'all just aren't used to seeing it on the receiving end of a play.
That ain't a punch. But RD gave several without reason. He should have been tossed. And the league should suspend him. It was flagrant and uncalled for.

Token Bammer
10-14-2018, 11:38 PM
I just don't see stomping a dudes nads just because and defending a teammates as the same thing.

Raekwon saw it happen, and he obviously thought it was a punch to the head.

I've both played football and I took boxing as a young man. That's a punch to the head. The punch to the head is what knocked Wilson down and then the lineman fell on him. That's not a pancake imo.

Davis should have been ejected. I just don't think a suspension is necessary.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:39 PM
I bleeb there was a lot of shady shit goin on... always is...

RD got caught.... I think he should get clipped at minimum for the TSIO...

(we could use the depth/experience, anyway)

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:44 PM
Saw the clip of Mizzou doin' their best Ole Miss impression.... However, it does not excuse Davis going outside "The Process"...

shame.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2018, 11:48 PM
I just don't see stomping a dudes nads just because and defending a teammates as the same thing.

Raekwon saw it happen, and he obviously thought it was a punch to the head.

I've both played football and I took boxing as a young man. That's a punch to the head. The punch to the head is what knocked Wilson down and then the lineman fell on him. That's not a pancake imo.

Davis should have been ejected. I just don't think a suspension is necessary.

Day stomped on that dude because he tried to rip Daks head off in a pile. He was pulling on and twisting Daks head. Now Day should've been suspended for what he did and he was. Raekwon should be suspended as well.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:51 PM
Day stomped on that dude because he tried to rip Daks head off in a pile. He was pulling on and twisting Daks head. Now Day should've been suspended for what he did and he was. Raekwon should be suspended as well.

I think RD should be suspended the next 2 weeks... let's send a message... n shite...

Commercecomet24
10-14-2018, 11:52 PM
I think RD should be suspended the next 2 weeks... let's send a message... n shite...

Lol 2 is to strong. Ones enough

TUSK
10-14-2018, 11:57 PM
Lol 2 is to strong. Ones enough

I was counting the Idle Week....

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah****

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 12:00 AM

Nice lol

Token Bammer
10-15-2018, 12:09 AM

You know we Bammers can't count anyways. Well, unless we're counting unclaimed championships that is.

Heh heh heh...

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2018, 07:54 AM
Some of y'all need to go back and watch Dillon Day's actions again if you think they are comparable to what Davis did. Day was in mid air jumping over Dak prior the LSU DL rolling into his landing zone. He had no other option but to step on the guy. The fact that the SEC suspended him a game for that is one of the more laughable penalties ever handed out. If that is going to be used as the measuring stick for penalties and suspensions, then Davis needs at least 2 games. His act was intentional with intent to injure.

https://youtu.be/TAbkO-gKTuc

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Dillon Day was suspended for one game for stepping/stomping on an LSU player in '14 or '15. League precedent has been set and I believe there was one last year or in '16, as well.

It's going to take every coach, every school Presidents and ad's in the SEC bitching to get the SEC front office to do anything when it comes to Bama. That's not going to happen. What should be done is the guy who he hit should file a charge on him at the police station. Play of field should not give you free pass to physically assault someone.

Token Bammer
10-15-2018, 09:08 AM
It's going to take every coach, every school Presidents and ad's in the SEC bitching to get the SEC front office to do anything when it comes to Bama. That's not going to happen. What should be done is the guy who he hit should file a charge on him at the police station. Play of field should not give you free pass to physically assault someone.

I saw, experienced, and did worse in both middle school and high school football. Shoot, I got into fights at practice regularly. It's a rough sport and tempers flare, but that's no need to file criminal charges against someone. That seems silly to me. There are times to file a police report and this isn't it. Should charges have been filed on Day? I saw several players throw punches in various games last Saturday at the end of the plays. Should charges be filed against them? Slippery slope imo.

If we governed football in this way it would be one of the final nails in the coffin of football. Guys like Nick Fairley and Ndominkun Suh would be in prison. Lol. Next thing you know someone would be filing an assault charge against someone because they got hit too hard for their liking on a form tackle. Sometimes we have to let players and the coaches govern and discipline themselves in a game like football. I mean, we can go ahead and shut hockey down now if we are going to play by these rules in American sports.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 09:14 AM
I saw, experienced, and did worse in both middle school and high school football. Shoot, I got into fights at practice regularly. It's a rough sport and tempers flare, but that's no need to file criminal charges against someone. That seems silly to me. There are times to file a police report and this isn't it. Should charges have been filed on Day? I saw several players throw punches in various games last Saturday at the end of the plays. Should charges be filed against them? Slippery slope imo.

If we governed football in this way it would be one of the final nails in the coffin of football. Guys like Nick Fairley and Ndominkun Suh would be in prison. Lol. Next thing you know someone would be filing an assault charge against someone because they got hit too hard for their liking on a form tackle. Sometimes we have to let players and the coaches govern and discipline themselves in a game like football. I mean, we can go ahead and shut hockey down now if we are going to play by these rules in American sports.

You're not getting it & I'm not sure where the intelligence barrier is here.

The SEC has already suspended players from other teams for things like this. That's not debatable. By not suspending RD, the SEC would showing favoritism.

Put away your biased, crimson colored perspective & see the bigger picture here.

Surely after winning 5 Nattys, you aren't scared that you guys could possibly lose a game. Sheesh. Is that big of a deal?

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 09:16 AM

It doesn't change the facts if he did it out at a bar he would have gone to jail. He is as grown man and not some kid.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 09:19 AM

You're not getting it & I'm not sure where the intelligence barrier is here.

The SEC has already suspended players from other teams for things like this. That's not debatable. By not suspending RD, the SEC would showing favoritism.

Put away your biased, crimson colored perspective & see the bigger picture here.

Surely after winning 5 Nattys, you aren't scared that you guys could possibly lose a game. Sheesh. Is that big of a deal?

MedDawg
10-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Some of y'all need to go back and watch Dillon Day's actions again if you think they are comparable to what Davis did. Day was in mid air jumping over Dak prior the LSU DL rolling into his landing zone. He had no other option but to step on the guy. The fact that the SEC suspended him a game for that is one of the more laughable penalties ever handed out. If that is going to be used as the measuring stick for penalties and suspensions, then Davis needs at least 2 games. His act was intentional with intent to injure.

https://youtu.be/TAbkO-gKTuc

Dillon Day's second stomp in the game was like that, but the first one looked like it was on purpose (again, after he was already in the air). I don't have that much of a problem with him being suspended, especially since he wasn't kicked out of the game. But then Raekwon should also be suspended a game. Multiple punches is a lot more purposeful and flagrant than stepping/stomping on a player when you are already in the air. However, Raekwon's punches don't really look like he wanted to injure the guy, he was just lashing out, hitting him in the rib pads. If either Day or Davis had been kicked out of the rest of the game, then suspensions might not have been necessary.

The leg twistings by OM players against multiple players in multiple games need to be reviewed and punishments doled out.

Token Bammer
10-15-2018, 09:21 AM
It doesn't change the facts if he did it out at a bar he would have gone to jail. He is as grown man and not some kid.

I agree, but being at a bar isn't subjecting one's self to a violent collision sport like football.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I agree, but being at a bar isn't subjecting one's self to a violent collision sport like football.

You're trying to break this down like we have in the past when our guys have suspended.

You're not understanding that precedent has already been set here & it's unfair to enforce it inconsistently. Whether or not we agree with the precedent is a different story & irrelevant to this matter

Dawgology
10-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Anyone who says Day shouldn't have been suspended for his actions is a dumbass.

Anyone saying that Davis shouldn't be suspended for his actions is a dumbass.

This is football. Not MMA or boxing. It was intentional and deliberate. In fact...no one can see the "punch" to the Bama defenders face. That could have literally been an OL punch-blocking during a live play and he caught his shoulders and slid up hitting him in the face. You literally CAN NOT SEE from that angle nor can you really determine intention. Bama fans are looking at 40% of a view and drawing conclusions. On the other hand what RD did was after the play was over and VERY obvious in full view.

Token Bammer
10-15-2018, 11:13 AM
If either Day or Davis had been kicked out of the rest of the game, then suspensions might not have been necessary.

I'm down with that. I agree.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-15-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm of the belief that had both Day and RD been ejected the rest of the game then a suspension would not be necessary. But since neither were ejected then a suspension should be enforced.

Now to expand on that...if the offense had occurred in the latter part of the game...5:00 left or so....then a half game suspension may have also been warranted in addition to the ejection if it had taken place.

Token Bammer
10-15-2018, 11:35 AM
QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1009706]You're not getting it & I'm not sure where the intelligence barrier is here.

Surely after winning 5 Nattys, you aren't scared that you guys could possibly lose a game. Sheesh. Is that big of a deal?[/QUOTE]

I don't care if he's suspended, gun. Suspend him, don't suspend him. Either way I'm good, because we're going to beat UT either way. I personally wouldn't suspend him, and it has nothing to do with RD playing for BAMA. I wouldn't because it's football. I wouldn't because RD was defending his teammates. I wouldn't because there are many videos online right now of dirty play by Mizzu that antagonized RD to fire back. I just don't get all bent out of shape about players being rough on a football field, no matter who they play for.

I thought RD should have been ejected when he punched the guy. Easy call. I just don't think suspension is warranted. However, a few posters have mentioned since no ejection was made a suspension should be given. I can agree with that.

Shotgun, spare me the pep talk about intelligence and homerism.

TUSK
10-15-2018, 11:43 AM
I think we oughta let the "victim" of RD's beat down voice his opinion on the matter...

"All good."

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/10/missouris_kevin_pendleton_reac.html