PDA

View Full Version : Can Ole Miss Make It One Full Year....

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Ole Miss is on the cusp of an interesting record of sorts.

They have not won a game vs a Power 5 opponent without injuring their QB since November 4th 2017 at Kentucky.

All of their Power 5 wins vs MSU, Texas Tech, & Arkansas since then have been preceded by knocking the opposing QB out of the game.

They have two power 5 games left until November: Auburn & South Carolina

Can they do it? Would be one for the history books.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Well, they won’t win either of those games because both those teams have decent defenses. Great point though.

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 10:47 AM
Great information Shotgun. I tweeted your information out to a Rebasshat and copied Bo on it. Would be an interesting topic for Bo to cover on OOB. This needs more visibility. It?s pretty damn obvious what goes on here.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Great information Shotgun. I tweeted your information out to a Rebasshat and copied Bo on it. Would be an interesting topic for Bo to cover on OOB. This needs more visibility. It?s pretty damn obvious what goes on here.

It would be great if Bo did (wishful thinking), but do you think Bo is going to jump into that hornet's nest, with OM? I would really be shocked if he mentioned anything about this on his program.

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 11:51 AM
It would be great if Bo did (wishful thinking), but do you think Bo is going to jump into that hornet's nest, with OM? I would really be shocked if he mentioned anything about this on his program.

That’s why I then tweeted this to Dan Wolken. If some national writer were to pick it up maybe Luke would have to answer for it.

Bully13
10-14-2018, 12:08 PM
I saw the one play in the later stages of the game last night but that one was a legit hit by tsun defender. Was their a prior QB injury?

Their shit is starting to smell way more than just coincidence. It's time for somebody to talk about it, And the way their fans gloat about it. They call Fitz heartless nicknames based on last year's injury. I can't even WATCH football injuries on T.V. I have to change the channel. 17 AU posting Paidwell's injury that year. I just don't understand people like that.

starkvegasdawg
10-14-2018, 12:22 PM
I saw the one play in the later stages of the game last night but that one was a legit hit by tsun defender. Was their a prior QB injury?

Their shit is starting to smell way more than just coincidence. It's time for somebody to talk about it, And the way their fans gloat about it. They call Fitz heartless nicknames based on last year's injury. I can't even WATCH football injuries on T.V. I have to change the channel. 17 AU posting Paidwell's injury that year. I just don't understand people like that.

Agee. I hate TSUN and all they stand for but I never gloat when one of their players gets hurt. The end of the day that's still a kid being injured and in pain and that trumps what school they go to.

RougeDawg
10-14-2018, 12:23 PM
That?s why I then tweeted this to Dan Wolken. If some national writer were to pick it up maybe Luke would have to answer for it.

I may have to jump on this tweet bandwagon. Who was the guy that wrote meat market? Bruce Feldman. I bet he would look into this. He despises OM after they attacked him. Let?s tweet this at him. Any bad news for them is popcorn worthy. They do it to themselves.

RougeDawg
10-14-2018, 12:34 PM
What I do not understand is how far they have allowed the pendulum to swing with rules to protect players, yet the league office and NCAA are allowing OM to continue to go low on players held up? If they truly were worried about player safety, they need to step in here. Maybe we need to tweet the league office and ncaa about this or at least include them on the tweets to the Wolken and Feldmans of the world. Just a thought. I?ll get on the tweet train this afternoon.

Bully13
10-14-2018, 01:39 PM
What I do not understand is how far they have allowed the pendulum to swing with rules to protect players, yet the league office and NCAA are allowing OM to continue to go low on players held up? If they truly were worried about player safety, they need to step in here. Maybe we need to tweet the league office and ncaa about this or at least include them on the tweets to the Wolken and Feldmans of the world. Just a thought. I?ll get on the tweet train this afternoon.

Don't understand why a ball carrier doesn't get the same protection as an OL on chop blocking. Don't understand why the game abandoned basic wrap up tackling techniques for torpedo tactics.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2018, 02:58 PM

Just about every tackle they make is with intent to hurt. They either hold a player up and somebody torpedoes him low, they grab a leg the roll and twist(this appears to be their favorite), or they go for head shots. They're dirty from the administration on down.

dawgoneyall
10-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Just about every tackle they make is with intent to hurt. They either hold a player up and somebody torpedoes him low, they grab a leg the roll and twist(this appears to be their favorite), or they go for head shots. They're dirty from the administration on down.

Ankle twist seems to be the norm when tackling.

that is taught.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Ankle twist seems to be the norm when tackling.

that is taught.

Not how I was taught. When I played it was considered dirty as hell

Dawgology
10-14-2018, 04:46 PM
No one wants to open that can of worms in the national media or in the NCAA office. That is why it’s ignored.

Coursesuper
10-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Not how I was taught. When I played it was considered dirty as hell

Agreed, the way they play is bush league! The worst part about this is it’s coached into them, it’s obvious. They know that there is no way that they can compete athletically against they best the other teams have so they just doing everything they can to try to even the odds. It’s taking out knees and ankles, concussion, or like last night a drive with the head gear to the crotch of an opponent, it’s just pathetic.

RougeDawg
10-14-2018, 05:03 PM
No one wants to open that can of worms in the national media or in the NCAA office. That is why it?s ignored.

So you are saying as long as they take out starting QBs and RBs on teams not contending for a title, the ncaa will look away? But as soon as they take out a Tua, they will step in?

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Eventually the league will reel them in. It will take an injury to a star on a contending blue blood to do it though.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-14-2018, 06:17 PM
I heard last night hat their defense had been decimated by injuries lost 5 starters off their defense due to knee injuries.

Dawgology
10-14-2018, 06:22 PM
So you are saying as long as they take out starting QBs and RBs on teams not contending for a title, the ncaa will look away? But as soon as they take out a Tua, they will step in?

Yes. Same way they could buy and cheat in recruiting all they wanted until they started stealing Bama and Georgia recruits

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 07:00 PM
No one wants to open that can of worms in the national media or in the NCAA office. That is why it’s ignored.

I agree with what you say. I don't see the national media (Wolken, or whoever) jumping into this , nor the NCAA either. This sounds good on a message board, and it's wishful thinking, but there is a legal liability factor. If somebody in the national media starts making alleged accusations, then they better have ample proof.

Dawgology
10-14-2018, 08:45 PM
I agree with what you say. I don't see the national media (Wolken, or whoever) jumping into this , nor the NCAA either. This sounds good on a message board, and it's wishful thinking, but there is a legal liability factor. If somebody in the national media starts making alleged accusations, then they better have ample proof.

That and then you have the added problem with every time someone gets hurt the resulting review and determination of intention. Then does the offender get criminally charged for aggravated assault if done intentionally? Numerous civil lawsuits and potential criminal charges. It’ll never happen.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Morning bump.

We made Saturday Down South: https://twitter.com/OleMiss/status/1051646105526525952

Also, as expected Bo Bounds hasn't touched this, with seems disingenuous to not even discuss how Ole Miss is actually winning.

Feels like PC to break down Ole Miss games without discussing the #1 reason they are winning games.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 09:22 AM
I reckon the Bo Bounds show has become the MSNBC of sports talk radio where opinions are bought & paid for.

2.2 hours through the show & not one of mention of the MAIN reason Ole Miss keeps winning games.

Is't there a way of presenting of the facts without accusing them of wrong doing?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 03:28 PM
No, I don't think they can