PDA

View Full Version : How do we finish?

msstate7
10-14-2018, 07:41 AM
We have 3 ranked still on the schedule with 2 being top 10 teams on the road. I don't think we win either. aTm now has 2 weeks to get ready for us, and jimbo is as good as it gets... this will be a very tough game.

Sure wins: la tech, ark
Should win: at om
Toss ups: aTm
Likely losses: LSU, bama

Right now, I say 8-4, but I'm really worried about aTm

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 07:45 AM
I kinda think we win one of LSU or TAM. If we run heavy (about 70% of time) against TAM and control clock, I think we can win that one but your right about Jimbo. I'll say 8-4 too .. as long as we don't lay an egg at OM for some reason.

msstate7
10-14-2018, 08:01 AM
I kinda think we win one of LSU or TAM. If we run heavy (about 70% of time) against TAM and control clock, I think we can win that one but your right about Jimbo. I'll say 8-4 too .. as long as we don't lay an egg at OM for some reason.

Take a look at OM's schedule... they'll most likely be 8-4 also, maybe even 9-3

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Take a look at OM's schedule... they'll most likely be 8-4 also, maybe even 9-3

You think so? I mean they could be staring 5 straight losses in the face. I'm thinking if AU implodes like it seems they may be, they could win that one. After that, I don't really see them winning a game unless one of those teams just don't show up. I'm guessing they go 2-3 in those tho.

msstate7
10-14-2018, 08:10 AM
You think so? I mean they could be staring 5 straight losses in the face. I'm thinking if AU implodes like it seems they may be, they could win that one. After that, I don't really see them winning a game unless one of those teams just don't show up. I'm guessing they go 2-3 in those tho.

Auburn has quit.

South Carolina struggled big time to stop mizzou before the rain. Mizzou and om are very similar with om much more talented at wr

Loss at aTm

Vandy can't cover those WRs. Franks threw for 284 yesterday

Should lose to us

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Auburn has quit.

South Carolina struggled big time to stop mizzou before the rain. Mizzou and om are very similar with om much more talented at wr

Loss at aTm

Should lose to us

I still think they lose 4 of 5. AU ... probably beats them. USCe does too IMO ... although I do think Muschamp is way overrated as HC. Vandy can run ball on OM I think and will. Depth and finishing games is Vandy's main issue IMO and OM doesn't have depth either.

maroonmania
10-14-2018, 09:32 AM
Auburn has quit.

Loss at aTm

Should lose to us

Hate to say it but OM's season is looking much better. They have already played the best 2 teams in the West, as was said Auburn has quit so they probably win that one too. They likely only lose @A&M the rest of the way until we play them.

tcdog70
10-14-2018, 10:00 AM
If you don't pressure 5-0 . They will score lots of points. The Hogs are just a pitiful team. Plus the Rebs will knock your QB out of the game. You can't score FG while they score TDs.

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Why was Ole Miss brought up in a thread you asked how we finish? Did you guys watch their game last night? They didn’t stop Arkansas until they knocked out their starting QB and had to finish the game with their 3rd string QB and RB. OM is garbage. With that said, I think we finish 8-4 with losses to LSU and Alabama.

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 10:12 AM
I just watched the hit on Arky QB. Wasn't nothing wrong with it I could tell. Just a hard clean hit IMO.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-14-2018, 10:15 AM
6-6...

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Ole Miss barely gets by the worst team in the SEC and now they are a 9 win team? OK.

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2018, 10:19 AM
We finish with 6-8 wins.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2018, 10:30 AM
We finish 7-5. Remaining wins....

ATM, LaTech and Arkansas.

Dawgology
10-14-2018, 10:36 AM
7-5 in my opinion with outside shot at 8-4. Wins over La Tech, Arkansas, Ole Miss

8-4 if we can figure out a win over LSU or Tamu

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 10:37 AM
I just watched the hit on Arky QB. Wasn't nothing wrong with it I could tell. Just a hard clean hit IMO.

Maybe 10 years ago but not today. He also pushed to throw him down so there was an intent to injure on that play given their history.

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 10:38 AM
We finish 7-5. Remaining wins....

ATM, LaTech and Arkansas.

lol you think we lose to OM? That’s laughable as hell.

maroonmania
10-14-2018, 10:39 AM
6-6...

We finish somewhere between 6-6 to 8-4. Will need to see another game or two to be able to tell exactly where we are with things. Auburn win not looking nearly as good as originally thought. But, as long as we make a bowl game I'm not going to get distraught about it. We've already blown the chance for this to be a really special season by trying to do things on offense we can't do and there is no getting that back.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2018, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about last years egg. No way we lose......

I just have a feeling they will play their most inspired game
Of the season thanksgiving night.

But I hope I’m wrong and we are all laughing when that game is over.

Activated Alpha
10-14-2018, 10:43 AM

Same was said last year....

MarketingBully
10-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Same was said last year....

Those mother****ers took out Fitz and Mullen hadn’t gotten Key ready at all. Otherwise we would have beaten them.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2018, 10:56 AM
8-4

QuadrupleOption
10-14-2018, 11:18 AM
We have 3 ranked still on the schedule with 2 being top 10 teams on the road. I don't think we win either. aTm now has 2 weeks to get ready for us, and jimbo is as good as it gets... this will be a very tough game.

9-3 with a loss to Bama. I'm not conceding LSU or aTm until we actually lose those games. Some of y'all get way too caught up in individual games and hype. I don't think either LSU or aTm can stop us or score at will on our D.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 11:26 AM
My thinking is most likely between 7-5 and 9-3 so I'll go with 8-4.

BuckyIsAB****
10-14-2018, 11:51 AM

I think we probably win out except bama. LSU is beatable and Im not sold on aTm. Esp at Davis Wade they will have problems. Bama is a L but the rest are should be wins.

BuckyIsAB****
10-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Auburn has quit.

Loss at aTm

Should lose to us

They just had to come from behind to beat a team that got drilled by Colorado St. Calm down there chicken little

BuckyIsAB****
10-14-2018, 11:53 AM
6-6...

So you're saying we beat La Tech and Arky and lose the rest?? Moorhead should be on the hot seat if that happens

Dawgfan77
10-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Ask me next Sunday. If we come out AirmooreHead then 6-6 is on the table. If we come out and impose our will next week. Then 9-3 is gonna be the record. LSU is ripe to be beater. UGA was averaging 6 yds a carry and went pass happy

Todd4State
10-14-2018, 12:16 PM
7-5. Thanks Nick, WR's, and o-line!

Goldendawg
10-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Trying to find 6 to 8 wins for the season shows just how disappointing this "special season" has become and it wasn't just us predicting a run for the West before the season started. I think things will really be apparent after the LSU game how things go for the year.

ScottH
10-14-2018, 01:42 PM
I think things will really be apparent after the LSU game how things go for the year.

Spot on.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I had the same thoughts about last years egg. No way we lose......

I just have a feeling they will play their most inspired game
Of the season thanksgiving night.

But I hope I?m wrong and we are all laughing when that game is over.

OM is the one game remaining, where I think the game plan definitely should start off run, run ,run, run, and keep on running. Then adjust if needed. Hopefully 5-0 will be running for his life, and/or be on the turf, so we won't need to make any offensive adjustments.

RougeDawg
10-14-2018, 07:29 PM
If we run 65-70%+ the rest of the season, we finish 9-3. If we go back to the air raid, we finish 7-5.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 12:10 AM
OM is the one game remaining, where I think the game plan definitely should start off run, run ,run, run, and keep on running. Then adjust if needed. Hopefully 5-0 will be running for his life, and/or be on the turf, so we won't need to make any offensive adjustments.

Call me crazy but we should be able to throw on them when we need to. That said- we should be run first against them because that will limit their offensive touches and we also should be able to do that as well.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 12:13 AM
If we run 65-70%+ the rest of the season, we finish 9-3. If we go back to the air raid, we finish 7-5.

I think that if we beat LSU we go 9-3. If we lose we go 7-5. But I'll be honest I'm not sure that we can beat LSU even if we run the ball and play call like we should. LSU is having a MSU 1999 type year. I just don't see us scoring a ton of points Saturday regardless.

biggun
10-15-2018, 12:48 AM
I think that if we beat LSU we go 9-3. If we lose we go 7-5. But I'll be honest I'm not sure that we can beat LSU even if we run the ball and play call like we should. LSU is having a MSU 1999 type year. I just don't see us scoring a ton of points Saturday regardless.

Agree, going to be very hard to win @ LSU with a very conservative game plan (running 70% of the time) but on the flip side, if we let Nick air it out then we are almost assuredly guaranteed an L.

Our defense is going to have to play lights out & force at a minimum 3 + turnovers, for us to win Saturday night while the offense plays turnover free ball. And our punter must be on too

TUSK
10-15-2018, 01:18 AM
with La Tech, Arkie, and OM left to play???

7-5 is the absolute floor...

If LSU chokes and/or Sumlin comes back to coach TAMU, 8-4 is doable...

RougeDawg
10-15-2018, 01:23 AM

I was in auburn for a wedding the weekend they played LSU. On that last second FG, you can see me standing right left of the left upright with my hand up as in FG is good. I came here the next day and posted that we would beat both of those teams because a running QB wound wreak havoc on those two defensive schemes. I watched two defenses pin their ears back all day because neither team had a QB that was a threat to run.

At that point in time I thought JoMo would keep us doing what we were built to do. He did not for two weeks and we lost. Last week we ran what would/will beat auburn and LSU. Mark this post and come back to me late Saturday night.

A team with a stout defense and a running threat at QB will beat LSU if they stick to the run. LSU?s defense plays in their heels and reactive when there is a QB run threat. Georgia did it with a QB who had less of a pass threat than Fitz.

My question is why is everyone looking at this through an emotional prism? As is most things in my life I look st statistics and trends. LSU doesn?t do well against a running QB. We just tripled Auburn?s season average of rushing yards given up. Auburn?s front 7 is better anth LSU. Auburn has more depth in the DL and front 7 than LSU.

I?m simply looking at what we have all seen from all teams mentioned, expecting Joe to maintain the course, and expecting us to make LSUs defense look like we made auburn look two weeks ago.

TUSK
10-15-2018, 01:35 AM
I was in auburn for a wedding the weekend they played LSU. On that last second FG, you can see me standing right left of the left upright with my hand up as in FG is good. I came here the next day and posted that we would beat both of those teams because a running QB wound wreak havoc on those two defensive schemes. I watched two defenses pin their ears back all day because neither team had a QB that was a threat to run.

At that point in time I thought JoMo would keep us doing what we were built to do. He did not for two weeks and we lost. Last week we ran what would/will beat auburn and LSU. Mark this post and come back to me late Saturday night.

A team with a stout defense and a running threat at QB will beat LSU if they stick to the run. LSU?s defense plays in their heels and reactive when there is a QB run threat. Georgia did it with a QB who had less of a pass threat than Fitz.

My question is why is everyone looking at this through an emotional prism? As is most things in my life I look st statistics and trends. LSU doesn?t do well against a running QB. We just tripled Auburn?s season average of rushing yards given up. Auburn?s front 7 is better anth LSU. Auburn has more depth in the DL and front 7 than LSU.

I?m simply looking at what we have all seen from all teams mentioned, expecting Joe to maintain the course, and expecting us to make LSUs defense look like we made auburn look two weeks ago.

terrific post.

MSU can win in BR... but yall gotta beat em up to do it... it won't be from "out talenting" them,,,

catchin them juuuuust right, too.

Randolph Dupree
10-15-2018, 01:02 PM
If we beat LSU, we won't lose another game and I expect us to beat LSU. 10-2. Bama still wins the Natty.

Why do I say that? Because it would be the most MSU thing ever to waste a year where you knock off The entire SEC west only to have your National Championship season ruined by losing to two teams you should've beaten.

was21
10-15-2018, 02:44 PM
Get it... BUT ain't no sure win for State in the history of the world

was21
10-15-2018, 02:46 PM
If you didn't have that feeling you'd be fooling yourself

RougeDawg
10-15-2018, 02:54 PM
terrific post.

MSU can win in BR... but yall gotta beat em up to do it... it won't be from "out talenting" them,,,

catchin them juuuuust right, too.

Yep. Some of them will be looking ahead to the next game against Bama. Have to strike early and chew up the clock.

biggun
10-15-2018, 08:38 PM
We have won exactly ONE TIME in Baton Rouge since 1991 and we came damn close to choking that one away!! We will have to play far better on both sides of the ball than we have shown so far this season to exit Death Valley with a W.

tcdog70
10-16-2018, 10:00 AM
We have won exactly ONE TIME in Baton Rouge since 1991 and we came damn close to choking that one away!! We will have to play far better on both sides of the ball than we have shown so far this season to exit Death Valley with a W.

you are right.. You don't waltz into DV and whip that ass. Can we beat them--Yes--will we beat them--History says No.

BeastMan
10-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Ill let you k is after LSU. Auburn game looking like fools gold

Kingbarkus
10-16-2018, 10:59 AM

I?m simply looking at what we have all seen from all teams mentioned, expecting Joe to maintain the course, and expecting us to make LSUs defense look like we made auburn look two weeks ago.I was listening to sports radio out of Baton Rouge this morning. Bobby Hebert's kid is one of the hosts. He delved into our team stats especially defensive stats. He warned listeners this is a bad matchup for lsu. I could hear the concern in his voice. They agreed UGA was a good match up for lsu. If we don't get stupid offensively, we can win this game.

TrapGame
10-16-2018, 11:13 AM
I was listening to sports radio out of Baton Rouge this morning. Bobby Hebert's kid is one of the hosts. He delved into our team stats especially defensive stats. He warned listeners this is a bad matchup for lsu. I could hear the concern in his voice. They agreed UGA was a good match up for lsu. If we don't get stupid offensively, we can win this game.

Ed O said the same in his presser. He called Nick the best QB they're going to face this season because he can run guys over. O even admitted they didn't worry about Fromm running at all and focused on shutting him down as a passer. O sounded a little worried about us zone reading them to death.

sleepy dawg
10-16-2018, 04:28 PM
8-4 is the most likely scenario, followed by 7-5, then 9-3.

LSU (probably a loss, but still have a decent chance to win)
A&M (probably a win, but still have a decent chance to lose)
LA Tech (We will win)
Bama (We will lose)
Ark (We will win)
OM (very likely a win, but still have a shot a losing given rivalry and QB injury potential)

Political Hack
10-16-2018, 07:46 PM
We'll win 3 more games.

biggun
10-16-2018, 08:35 PM
8-4 but that is with 1 upset win and 1 upset loss - just pray the 1 upset loss is not in Oxford