PDA

View Full Version : Obviously I'm pissed and melted today, but

msstate7
10-13-2018, 10:33 PM
We will find a whole lot about our HC next Saturday. LSU is coming off an emotional win, and has bama after us... with a competent HC, we should stand a puncher's chance in DV. We are physical enough on offense and defense to stand toe to toe with them. Don't get cute, joe... we have no shot playing finesse. Man up, and shove it down their tiger throats. Ban me, joe! Do it!

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Yeah man, you have been melted, since early this morning. Cheers.....I guess.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 11:03 PM
We will find a whole lot about our HC next Saturday. LSU is coming off an emotional win, and has bama after us... with a competent HC, we should stand a puncher's chance in DV. We are physical enough on offense and defense to stand toe to toe with them. Don't get cute, joe... we have no shot playing finesse. Man up, and shove it down their tiger throats. Ban me, joe! Do it!

One question? Do you actually think we can just run the ball every down against LSU. I agree we need to rely mostly on the run, but you have to show you can actually have some type of passing game, limited as it may be or, LSU will just load the box. That running back motion surprised and confused the Auburn coaches, and they couldn't adjust their defense to it.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 11:06 PM
One question? Do you actually think we can just run the ball every down against LSU. I agree we need to rely mostly on the run, but you have to show you can actually have some type of passing game, limited as it may be or, LSU will just load the box. That running back motion surprised and confused the Auburn coaches, and they couldn't adjust their defense to it.

No, but I think we could potentially win a 13-10 type game. If we pass 50/50 next week, we will lose. We need an ugly defensive game to have a shot

TimberBeast
10-13-2018, 11:06 PM

Your team came back and won today, you should be happy.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 11:12 PM
No, but I think we could potentially win a 13-10 type game. If we pass 50/50 next week, we will lose. We need an ugly defensive game to have a shot

I agree that we don't need to try to go 50/50, but I think in the 60 - 65% range rushing to passing. That would be dictated on LSU's defensive sets.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 11:15 PM

You're correct. And that's why if we get down we're screwed. Watching Arkansas's QB Storey made me even more upset with Fitz running a brand new offense in year one much more efficiently.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 11:16 PM
I agree that we don't need to try to go 50/50, but I think in the 60 - 65% range rushing to passing. That would be dictated on LSU's defensive sets.

We're going to have to try to run it when they stack 8-9 in the box. And they will. It may work for us like Auburn and it may not.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 11:19 PM

We ran almost 80% of the time against Auburn and they couldn?t stop it. Before our game with then auburn had a better rush defense than LSU. LSU has played a tougher schedule but we should be able to run at will against them. They are softer than aubur in front 7. LSU has a better defensive backfield.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 11:29 PM
We're going to have to try to run it when they stack 8-9 in the box. And they will. It may work for us like Auburn and it may not.

I'm hopiing that JoeMo will simplify the quarterback reads, and snap the ball quicker. especially with that loud crowd at Tiger Stadium. I know they will have to use hand signals. The longer before the snap in that environment gives a better chance for a false start.

Dawgology
10-13-2018, 11:30 PM
If we go anything less than 70/30 run/pass against LSU we lose...and we still might lose at that. If we air it out LSU’s secondary will eat us alive. We have to lean on the strength of our team which is a healthy dose of Fitz, Kylin, and Williams and HOPE that it works. And play STRONG defense we have to get pressure on Burrows to disrupt their developing passing game.

TUSK
10-13-2018, 11:36 PM
MSU @ LSU is gonna be a fight like 2 adversarial rats dropped in a KFC dumpster on a Saturday Night in Montgomery, AL... on Cinco de Mayo.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 11:39 PM
We ran almost 80% of the time against Auburn and they couldn?t stop it. Before our game with then auburn had a better rush defense than LSU. LSU has played a tougher schedule but we should be able to run at will against them. They are softer than aubur in front 7. LSU has a better defensive backfield.

If we do run it 80% of the time against LSU, I hope you are right. I think that game plan was designed specifically for the Auburn defense. I think JoeMo will be more run oriented but still mix in some short passing (hopefully with a better probability of a completion), and also with a few shots down the field

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Is there extra chicken in the dumpster on cinco de mayo cause everyone ate tacos instead?

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 11:48 PM
I'm hopiing that JoeMo will simplify the quarterback reads, and snap the ball quicker. especially with that loud crowd at Tiger Stadium. I know they will have to use hand signals. The longer before the snap in that environment gives a better chance for a false start.

With Fitz it needs to be one read. Throw it to Guidry and if he is covered run.

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 11:50 PM
With Fitz it needs to be one read. Throw it to Guidry and if he is covered run.

Will he catch it?

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 11:51 PM
If we do run it 80% of the time against LSU, I hope you are right. I think that game plan was designed specifically for the Auburn defense. I think JoeMo will be more run oriented but still mix in some short passing (hopefully with a better probability of a completion), and also with a few shots down the field

I bet he runs it a lot. He has done it a couple of times now- against K-State and Auburn. Plus he has made some comments that made me realize that he has heard what the fans are saying with his comment at the Memphis QB Club about how he went to Memphis on an airplane even though most fans want him to keep it on the ground. I also think that he is pretty frustrated with Fitz and his inability to run our offense as far as the passing game goes.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Will he catch it?

That's the million dollar question.

TimberBeast
10-14-2018, 12:00 AM
Will he catch it?

The only way he catches it is if fitz puts the damn ball through his face mask. I saw four or five balls thrown in games today easily as hard as the ball fitz threw off Guidry’s hands last week and they were all caught.

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 12:05 AM
The only way he catches it is if fitz puts the damn ball through his face mask. I saw four or five balls thrown in games today easily as hard as the ball fitz threw off Guidry’s hands last week and they were all caught.

It is starting to piss me off each week when I see all the great catches on sideline routes, back shoulder throws, etc by practically all the teams in the SEC but ... we can't catch simple crossing patterns that hit us between the damn numbers.

TUSK
10-14-2018, 12:06 AM
Is there extra chicken in the dumpster on cinco de mayo cause everyone ate tacos instead?

They wouldn't let me rep this^ post....

nice...

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 12:12 AM
I bet he runs it a lot. He has done it a couple of times now- against K-State and Auburn. Plus he has made some comments that made me realize that he has heard what the fans are saying with his comment at the Memphis QB Club about how he went to Memphis on an airplane even though most fans want him to keep it on the ground. I also think that he is pretty frustrated with Fitz and his inability to run our offense as far as the passing game goes.

JoeMo may hear and read what the fans say, but I highly doubt that he changed his offensive game plan for the Auburn game based upon what fans wanted. If that were the case, a coach could come on here (or other message boards), to see what plan they needed to use according to posters, and he would be totally confused. I think he just saw that he could not fully implement his offensive plan to function and run as it was intended with players who were recruited to be in a more run first DM type offense with less thinking, and reading the defense required. Therefore he adjusted and simplified his offensive plan to some extent

I think that JoeMo. Breiner , and Getsy really thought that Fitz could learn this offense as it was designed to be run, by making the right reads whether it was checking off to passing or a run and then being able to "execute" either. I think they still thought that in the KY game, and still some in the FL game, and then simplified things on the quarterback reads, for the Auburn game as it wasn't working. I think JoeMO really wanted to show us how prolific his offense can be, but finally realized that there are still some pieces in the puzzle missing right now.

NCDawg
10-14-2018, 12:49 AM

I agree with this. Otherwise, we will have a lot of illegal procedure penalties, like we did at Kentucky.

NCDawg
10-14-2018, 12:52 AM
It is starting to piss me off each week when I see all the great catches on sideline routes, back shoulder throws, etc by practically all the teams in the SEC but ... we can't catch simple crossing patterns that hit us between the damn numbers.

Tennessee W/R's made some great catches today.

dawgday166
10-14-2018, 07:38 AM
Tennessee W/R's made some great catches today.

It's literally making me sick to watch SEC teams, especially 0 fer their last 11 in the SEC teams, display WRs that go up and make plays for their QB.

Mobile Bay
10-14-2018, 08:23 AM
MSU @ LSU is gonna be a fight like 2 adversarial rats dropped in a KFC dumpster on a Saturday Night in Montgomery, AL... on Cinco de Mayo.

Specifically the one in Chisolm, not the nicer ones out in east Montgomery.

shoeless joe
10-14-2018, 08:39 AM

We have to run the ball...everyone knows it. Most knew it coming into the season JoMo didn't. But all that said if he's making coaching decisions based on what he hears from fans then he is a dumbass and was an absolutely terrible hire.

Bully13
10-14-2018, 10:55 AM
We need to keep the fast pace up and keep the D guessing as to whose gonna get the rock and which direction he's going with it.

gravedigger
10-14-2018, 11:17 AM
We have to run the ball...everyone knows it. Most knew it coming into the season JoMo didn't. But all that said if he's making coaching decisions based on what he hears from fans then he is a dumbass and was an absolutely terrible hire.

Wide gulf between hearing something and saying ?I hear ya? and actually following that advice. I doubt he did.

But we will run more because Fitz feels more comfortable doing so.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 12:43 PM
We need to keep the fast pace up and keep the D guessing as to whose gonna get the rock and which direction he's going with it.

Maybe on the fast pace you are talking about the running back motion, that JoeMo pulled from his playbook for the Auburn game? . We are still waiting until almost the play clock expires before we snap the ball. I think we need to simplity the play calls somewhat, with less quarterback reads , and snap the ball quicker , as we will have to be using hand signals in that loud and hostile environment.

Bully13
10-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Maybe on the fast pace you are talking about the running back motion, that JoeMo pulled from his playbook for the Auburn game? . We are still waiting until almost the play clock expires before we snap the ball. I think we need to simplity the play calls somewhat, with less quarterback reads , and snap the ball quicker , as we will have to be using hand signals in that loud and hostile environment.

True dat. Were we not faster on the snaps against AU?