PDA

View Full Version : Soundoff if you were one.....

DogsofAnarchy
10-13-2018, 05:57 PM
of those who had marked LSU as an easy win because their coach is Ed O? Just curious who y’all were.

MaroonFlounder
10-13-2018, 06:02 PM
It's never easy in Baton Rouge....at night....unless you have a Dak.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2018, 06:02 PM
They won at home. He is still the Coach O. Will not be at LSU three years from now and I don't think anyone ever said they are a easy win when you have to go to LSU. They lost to Florida and barely beat Auburn. They are still a coach o team.

MetEdDawg
10-13-2018, 06:04 PM
I thought we would win that game. That was also before Burrow was there. He's a good enough QB to make them a 10 win team. He's totally changed how people should perceive LSU.

We aren't winning that game next week but I do think we keep it closer than UGA did. They got exposed today as a team with weaknesses. Our biggest weakness is that we can't pass block or throw terribly well. But we do everything else really damn good. On a neutral field I think we would beat UGA.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2018, 06:06 PM
I learned years ago that no SEC game is an easy win. That's why I believe any SEC win is a good win regardless of a teams record.

mparkerfd20
10-13-2018, 06:08 PM
I did and I still do. We will beat LSU. Mark it down.

TrapGame
10-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Not gonna be easy but we can win.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Not me. I'm a big SC fan. I saw what he did as the interim at SC. He isn't the same coach he was at Ole Miss. I think he has a shot a building something at LSU. I'm pulling for him, except when he plays us, because I thought he had earned a shot at the Head job at SC.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 06:10 PM
of those who had marked LSU as an easy win because their coach is Ed O? Just curious who y?all were.

I did and still somewhat do. If we use Auburn game blueprint, we should win. auburn is better against the run than LSU. The rushing defense statistics are skewed st this point because we moved auburns average above LSU. We almost tripled what Auburn had been giving up before they rolled into Davis Wade.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-13-2018, 06:17 PM
This board is just like any other team specific forum; full of really bad takes from a very biased perspective. People though LSU would be bad "because they have coach O", then they said "They still aren't good, UGA will kill them". We also said "Kentucky is an easy win because they're Kentucky" (which is ironic considering we complain about teams/media using that logic on us). We also said "Florida is bad, we're going to curb stomp them". People here said Morris and Pruitt were terrible hires and we clearly made the best hire. Then JoMo became the worst coach in the world because he did't run it enough. Howland should have been fired halfway though lest season according to this place at the time. First Cohen was going to get Tadlock/McDonnell/Schloss for sure, now half are convinced Lemonis is a dud before he's even coached a game. Even I was an idiot by criticizing JoMo's recruiting back when Arky was flipping our DBs.

We're full of idiots who are too emotional to see State for who we are, and are also to biased/uninformed to see other teams for who they are. "We'll beat LSU no problem, we beat them by 30 last year didn't' we??" is just one of an endless stream of bad takes that'll be found on any team's site in any sport. I don't think it's worth trying to hold people accountable since these threads would take up half the front page

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2018, 06:20 PM
I learned years ago that no SEC game is an easy win. That's why I believe any SEC win is a good win regardless of a teams record.
Yup - and the SEC (except Bama) is shifting back to the way it was in the late 90s. Any given Saturday, anyone can win.

Mobile Bay
10-13-2018, 06:23 PM
LSU has a terrible run defense. Georgia just didn't exploit it enough. Fitz is finna to eat.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Yup - and the SEC (except Bama) is shifting back to the way it was in the late 90s. Any given Saturday, anyone can win.

Exactly, the league is really deep with a lot of talent throughout and you can't take anyone for granted. Every sec game is a war.

Skydawg1
10-13-2018, 06:25 PM
I guarantee you Coach O will not convert 5/5 4th downs on Simmons and Co. Nothing I saw today changes my opinion that we will give them a helluva ballgame. Our weakness and their strength cancels each other out. Georgia had one of the worst game plans I've ever seen today. LSU's running game didn't emerge until the 4th qtr because UGA was gassed. If we play field position (keep that LSU kicker out of range) we will win the game. 4th down conversions and FG's was all LSU had today for 3.5 quarters.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Not me. I'm a big SC fan. I saw what he did as the interim at SC. He isn't the same coach he was at Ole Miss. I think he has a shot a building something at LSU. I'm pulling for him, except when he plays us, because I thought he had earned a shot at the Head job at SC.

You root for LSU. Wut. Do you also root for Lane Kiffin cause he sure as shit didn't deserve to be fired from a Pete Carroll sanctioned USC.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:40 PM
LSU has a terrible run defense. Georgia just didn't exploit it enough. Fitz is finna to eat.

Hilarious.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:44 PM
You root for LSU. Wut. Do you also root for Lane Kiffin cause he sure as shit didn't deserve to be fired from a Pete Carroll sanctioned USC.

Kiffen never should have been hired in the first place. SC fans wanted no part of the GOAT boy. He was born on third base and wanted you to think he got there on his own merits. That was a terrible hire. Don't go there with me on this dude. I've been an SC fan for years. I have a relative that PLAYED there.

Bass Chaser
10-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Road win in the SEC tough.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Kiffen never should have been hired in the first place. SC fans wanted no part of the GOAT boy. He was born on third base and wanted you to think he got there on his own merits. That was a terrible hire. Don't go there with me on this dude. I've been an SC fan for years. I have a relative that PLAYED there.

Kiffin was always hired to be Carroll's scapegoat. USC did him dirty and he deserved the job on his own merit. His daddy didn't win national championships at USC as OC with one of the most prolific offenses in USC's history. That was Lane. His daddy wasn't the HC for the Raiders. That was Lane. It's Saturday night get your drinking boots on lightweight.

RocketDawg
10-13-2018, 06:53 PM
of those who had marked LSU as an easy win because their coach is Ed O? Just curious who y’all were.

Nope, not me. Never thought it'd be easy.

I thought Georgia was better than they are though.

Johnson85
10-13-2018, 06:56 PM
Kiffin was always hired to be Carroll's scapegoat. USC did him dirty and he deserved the job on his own merit. His daddy didn't win national championships at USC as OC with one of the most prolific offenses in USC's history. That was Lane. His daddy wasn't the HC for the Raiders. That was Lane. It's Saturday night get your drinking boots on lightweight.

Didn't kiffen suck as the raiders HC?

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 07:00 PM
While I certainly never thought it would be an easy win, I did think we had a GREAT chance to beat them. And yes, mainly because O is their coach. Now I think it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. They are tough.

That doesn't mean O has all of a sudden become a great coach. I work with some pretty smart LSU folks and they ALL say O is dumb as a sack of rocks. Somebody is in his ear to let his assistants do the coaching. I like the guy and I am happy for him. It's a good story. But I can't stand LSU.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 07:09 PM
Didn't kiffen suck as the raiders HC?

Wasn't his fault. Al Davis had gone insane by that time. They drafted JaMarcus Russell with the #1 pick one of those years Davis had gone loco.

RocketDawg
10-13-2018, 07:21 PM
While I certainly never thought it would be an easy win, I did think we had a GREAT chance to beat them. And yes, mainly because O is their coach. Now I think it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. They are tough.

That doesn't mean O has all of a sudden become a great coach. I work with some pretty smart LSU folks and they ALL say O is dumb as a sack of rocks. Somebody is in his ear to let his assistants do the coaching. I like the guy and I am happy for him. It's a good story. But I can't stand LSU.

He must not be too dumb -- he's making several million a year.

StarkVegasSteve
10-13-2018, 07:24 PM
I'll admit I had it marked down as a win. I bought too much in to the "Nick is a better passer" and "our receivers are much better" narrative. Also thought LSU would have at least 3 losses coming into our game and would've all but given up. Now, I expect it to be a 17-6 type game with us just not being able to move the ball in the second half.

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 07:32 PM
I thought they’d go 6-6 or 7-5. Still a lot of football to be played. I think we have a shot because A) we have pass rushers and will put a lot of pressure on Burrow, B) we have a better and deeper DL then Georgia, and C) we will run on them and not let up. This team is built similar to what Florida was able to do to them. I think they will be looking ahead to Bama and we will add some wrinkles that we will add to what we did against Auburn. I think it will be a close game either way and low scoring.

bulldawg28
10-13-2018, 07:49 PM
LSU is winning the West

tireddawg
10-13-2018, 08:01 PM
LSU is winning the West

Huh?

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 08:03 PM
LSU is winning the West

The only way they win the west is if Tua gets hurt.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 08:05 PM
LSU is winning the West

Some year, yes. Certainly not this year.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 08:06 PM

Imagine Bama with Hurts against LSU. The run game would destroy them.

QuadrupleOption
10-13-2018, 08:09 PM
of those who had marked LSU as an easy win because their coach is Ed O? Just curious who y?all were.

Easy? Hell no. But I like our chances.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2018, 08:10 PM
I thought we?d beat KY and FL. LSU isn’t a great team. They’re one of the many solid teams in the SEC but not great.

bulldawg28
10-13-2018, 08:33 PM

He's hurt

bulldawg28
10-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Imagine Bama with Hurts against LSU. The run game would destroy them.

What run game?

Skydawg1
10-13-2018, 08:41 PM
LSU is winning the WestNope.

Dawgology
10-13-2018, 08:44 PM
LSU isn’t winning the West. We have a shot at beating them. Georgia was way way over ranked. Like...way over ranked. Go look at their “tough” schedule so far. They will lose a couple more probably

bulldawg28
10-13-2018, 08:45 PM
LSU isn’t winning the West. We have a shot at beating them. Georgia was way way over ranked. Like...way over ranked. Go look at their “tough” schedule so far. They will lose a couple more probably

Alabama has that same type soft schedule.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 09:05 PM
He's hurt

How hurt?

Skydawg1
10-13-2018, 09:07 PM

Georgia just had the wrong game plan. They came out passing against one of the best 2ndary's in the SEC. Holifield was shredding them but "Smart" abandoned that to go back to Fromm's "passing". Then the fake FG. Hooooorible coaching by UGA's staff. Just atrocious.

Dawgology
10-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Alabama has that same type soft schedule.

True. Maybe we will beat them.**

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Georgia just had the wrong game plan. They came out passing against one of the best 2ndary's in the SEC. Holifield was shredding them but "Smart" abandoned that to go back to Fromm's "passing". Then the fake FG. Hooooorible coaching by UGA's staff. Just atrocious.

Kirby pulled a Mullen today. Got too cute for his own liking.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Yeah, you know more than anyone else on every subject, as always******. FIGHT ON!

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 10:22 PM
Yeah, you know more than anyone else on every subject, as always******. FIGHT ON!

Clearly not. I don't post in every thread. Lane got a raw deal at USC though.

Pit Bull
10-13-2018, 10:25 PM
I was one.....but keep in mind, I make my preseason predictions and stick with them. However, I did not think LSU would be an easy win. I picked us to win, but by less than 10 pts. I had us at 10-2 losing only to BAMA and Auburn. I thought we would beat KY and UF in again.....very close games. So, what's your point in even asking this? What difference does it make who thought we would beat LSU? Things change for all teams during the season and there is no way to really know what is going to happen or what injuries end up causing issues for a lot of teams. Big Deal. We can beat LSU, but I tell you this.....In their minds, there is only one thing standing in the way of their dream matchup with BAMA.......US (MSU)!! So, you can bet they will not be overlooking the team that stomped their ass last year in Vegas! In fact, it is their Payback Bowl. Gonna be tougher than ever to take this one.....we would have to play perfect with no turnovers.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Clearly not. I don't post in every thread. Lane got a raw deal at USC though.

LOL! Coach O got the raw deal, if anyone did. FIGHT ON!

Bothrops
10-13-2018, 10:30 PM
I guess if we lose at LSU people will be back on the fire Moorhead wagon. The only way we win next week is if we dominate pretty much the whole game running the ball. But I guess stranger things have happened.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 10:34 PM
I guess if we lose at LSU people will be back on the fire Moorhead wagon. The only way we win next week is if we dominate pretty much the whole game running the ball. But I guess stranger things have happened.

If we lose the game doing what we do best the so be it. We lost to UK and FL doing what we don?t do well. Two completely different scenarios. If people come in here bitching about a loss we run 80% of the game like we did against auburn, they need a padded room.

Then again if we run 80% of the time next week, there is a slim chance we lose.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 10:46 PM
I didn't think LSU was ever an easy win, but I thought it was a good opportunity for a win. Playing in Tiger Stadium is never easy, especially at night. I think JoeMo will maybe put some short passing options in, and maybe a few shots to try to stretch the field, if LSU loads the box., I think he will still use some type of running back motion, and still rely mostly on the running game. I don't think we can just lineup and run at LSU every down. That running back motion is now known to LSU, as it really surprised the Auburn defense and coaches. i think we at least need to show some semblance of a passing game to keep LSU from loading the box every down.

yjnkdawg
10-13-2018, 10:52 PM
If we lose the game doing what we do best the so be it. We lost to UK and FL doing what we don?t do well. Two completely different scenarios. If people come in here bitching about a loss we run 80% of the game like we did against auburn, they need a padded room.

That running back motion was a surprise to the Auburn defense and their coaches, and it confused them, and their defensive coaches could not make the correct adjustments.

lastmajordog
10-13-2018, 10:55 PM
I predicted not an easy win.....but a butt stomp very similar to 14 before Dan took the team to Mullenville in the second half. I have NO IDEA what this team is now.......if they had played like they were capable I still would say DOGS would overwhelm them.....but like I said......NOW....I have no idea what this team is.....

Bothrops
10-13-2018, 10:57 PM

I'd love to win it, and we have to run the ball, but I can't see a slim chance of losing unless LSU's players experience amoebic dysentery throughout the game.

sandwolf
10-13-2018, 11:00 PM
i think we at least need to show some semblance of a passing game to keep LSU from loading the box every down.

I agree. I don't think we can be as one dimensional as we were against Auburn and put up enough points to win.....if we can't pass just well enough to keep them honest, then Aranda will shut our offense down.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 11:00 PM
LOL! Coach O got the raw deal, if anyone did. FIGHT ON!

I'm not a USC fan so no need for their fight on cheer. If you can't see how Coach Yaw Yaw Football isn't exactly a great fit for Hollywood I can't help ya. Sometimes going 6-2 doesn't get you the job and that time is when your job is smack dab in the center of Hollywood before LA had two NFL teams. Speaking gibberish in a cajun gorilla voice doesn't really jive with the billionaires in LA. He also threw a phone against the wall and had a full on rage quit act in the athletic facility when finding out he didn't get the job. USC doesn't go from Pete Caroll to Ed Orgeron in less than five years. It just doesn't happen in the world we live in. He did a great job as an interim but that's all he was ever going to be. Just look at how our fanbase acted towards coach Henderson this year. Now multiply that by infinity. USC was never hiring a gorilla to be permanent head coach. Sorry.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 11:01 PM
That running back motion was a surprise to the Auburn defense and their coaches, and it confused them, and their defensive coaches could not make the correct adjustments.

The running back motion is a thing of beauty and it freed up the middle for Fitz to gash for 195 yards.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 11:31 PM
I'd love to win it, and we have to run the ball, but I can't see a slim chance of losing unless LSU's players experience amoebic dysentery throughout the game.

Just put me on the record saying if we run 60% minimum next week, we win the game. It will mean multiple things. It will mean we are doing what we do and it?ll mean we are winning and not having to come back from a deficit.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2018, 01:07 AM
The running back motion is a thing of beauty and it freed up the middle for Fitz to gash for 195 yards.

+1