PDA

View Full Version : SEC East > SEC West????

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Has it finally shifted back?

Pit Bull
10-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Not yet.....unless BAMA has transferred to the East without us knowing it.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Georgia is becoming bama. Saban will be too old soon. East will be better soon

Quaoarsking
10-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Probably not yet, but it's closer than it's ever been this decade.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Not yet.....unless BAMA has transferred to the East without us knowing it.

I figured everyone knew Bama was the outlier. Guess I should have said other than Bama.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-13-2018, 02:50 PM
If you take out Bama and Georgia.... who has the better coaches? East or West?

TUSK
10-13-2018, 02:55 PM
I think the gap has narrowed overall... Just guessin':

The top of the SECW > SECE
The bottom of SECE > SECW

The mid tier programs are comparable...

(no data was assimilated for this post)

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 02:56 PM
I think the gap has narrowed overall... Just guessin':

The top of the SECW > SECE
The bottom of SECE > SECW

The mid tier programs are comparable...

(no data was assimilated for this post)

Take out Bama ... who's at the top of the SECW? Everybody else is just average.

TUSK
10-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Georgia is becoming bama. Saban will be too old soon.

You really are drunk!******

TUSK
10-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Take out Bama ... who's at the top of the SECW? Everybody else is just average.

yeah, it's a mishmash of A&M, MSU, LSU and AU....

I'd go with A&M for right this moment....

Bammer

Texas A&M
LSU
MSU
AU

Arkie
OM

I guess,,,,,,

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 03:02 PM
I'll buy TAM ... for now.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-13-2018, 03:03 PM
yeah, it's a mishmash of A&M, MSU, LSU and AU....

I'd go with A&M for right this moment....

Bammer

Texas A&M
LSU
MSU
AU

Arkie
OM

I guess,,,,,,

Auburn just to the worst East team, the #3&4 West teams lost to Florida... I'd take Bama over UGa and A&M over the East #2 (Kentucky or UF), but after that the East is just better.

TUSK
10-13-2018, 03:04 PM
I'll buy TAM ... for now.

Jimbo has turned that team completely around from where they were with Sumlin...

they actually are physical and play defense... I know Mond gets bashed here, but I he's pretty good in that offense...

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Jimbo has turned that team completely around from where they were with Sumlin...

they actually are physical and play defense... I know Mond gets bashed here, but I he's pretty good in that offense...

I totally agree. Not completely sold on their D yet tho. I had somewhat forgotten about them in my first post.

TUSK
10-13-2018, 03:08 PM
I totally agree. Not completely sold on their D yet tho. I had somewhat forgotten about them in my first post.

I don't think they have the pieces/talent on D yet, I just think they are coached better this year...

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 03:12 PM
I don't think they have the pieces/talent on D yet, I just think they are coached better this year...

That's why I'm not sold on them yet. They're better coached but lack some pieces from what I've seen so far. I think we can run on em.

TUSK
10-13-2018, 03:15 PM
That's why I'm not sold on them yet. They're better coached but lack some pieces from what I've seen so far. I think we can run on em.

It'll be tough sledding, but their DL sure isn't as talented as AU's...

RocketDawg
10-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Georgia is becoming bama. Saban will be too old soon. East will be better soon

Not so sure about that. Georgia is well below Bama, and seems to be not nearly as good as last year.

Saltydog
10-13-2018, 04:11 PM
the gap on Bama. They are recruiting as well, if not better than Bama. Give Kirby two more years.

dawgday166
10-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Pruitt gonna kick Saban's ass.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 04:35 PM

They never will have the defense because of the way Texas high school recruits are ranked and the style of play in Texas high schools. I?ve posted this repeatedly since they joined the league. They are basically a big 12 team in the SEC. Oklahoma has the closest resemblance of a SEC defense.

Texas high schools play more of a finesse style than the old school smash mouth coaches run in the true south. A 4* there is much different than a 4 star here because of that and because of the offenses each region plays.

HoopsDawg
10-13-2018, 04:46 PM
Has it finally shifted back?

Nope.

Goldendawg
10-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Today, LSU says NO!

DownwardDawg
10-13-2018, 05:42 PM
LSU certainly representing today. Looks like everyone can slow that crap talk about Kirby and Georgia. They nowhere near Bama.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Mullen may beat UGA. Florida has a salty D and they can run the ball too.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Mullen may beat UGA. Florida has a salty D and they can run the ball too.

Mullen will be in Atlanta.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:12 PM

He has a shot.

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 06:14 PM

He will still be against his master if he makes Atlanta.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 06:15 PM
He will still be against his master if he makes Atlanta.

He will definetely lose, but he'll be there

RougeDawg
10-13-2018, 06:20 PM
He will definetely lose, but he'll be there

I don?t think any of us believed he wasn?t a good coach. Look what he did in 2009. He has upgraded talent at a school that mostly recruits itself. If he had had more energy and drive at state to battle and play the game with top recruits, he could have gotten to Atlanta in maroon. He was lazy and arrogant on the recruiting trail and that was ultimately why we never won the west. We were always missing at least one key price and usually that key priece was on offense, the part of the team he was responsible for.

Let?s hope the new change brings in those key pieces. Really only WRs and a little more OL.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Here's a thought. Kentucky already beat uf. Kentucky has just as good a shot at beating uga as uf. If uk beats uga uk will be in Atlanta. East is up for grabs

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:31 PM
I don?t think any of us believed he wasn?t a good coach. Look what he did in 2009. He has upgraded talent at a school that mostly recruits itself. If he had had more energy and drive at state to battle and play the game with top recruits, he could have gotten to Atlanta in maroon. He was lazy and arrogant on the recruiting trail and that was ultimately why we never won the west. We were always missing at least one key price and usually that key priece was on offense, the part of the team he was responsible for.

Let?s hope the new change brings in those key pieces. Really only WRs and a little more OL.

He wasn't as lazy and arrogant as many think. We have the best talent we have ever had the last few years. We have more guys in the NFL now than we have ever had, and it's not close. Just because something gets repeated over and over doesn't make it true. Mullen will win big at Florida.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Here's a thought. Kentucky already beat uf. Kentucky has just as good a shot at beating uga as uf. If uk beats uga uk will be in Atlanta. East is up for grabs

Kentucky surprised Florida, and to some extent us. They don't have that element of surprise anymore. They won't beat UGA. The UGA UF winner goes to Atlanta.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Kentucky surprised Florida, and to some extent us. They don't have that element of surprise anymore. They won't beat UGA. The UGA UF winner goes to Atlanta.

Yep

Commercecomet24
10-13-2018, 06:35 PM

Guess we'll find out. They're defense is as good as uf and they run it just as well. Let's just see what happens framing in absolutes never works.