PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
10-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Any reports coming out of practice? Will Holman be able to hold off Perry? How are Perry, jethro, Woodard, and Stewart looking? Have Q and peters got their stroke back? Will carter finally translate the practice shooting to games this year? I'm so pumped about this team. 28 days to go

Ifyouonlyknew
10-12-2018, 11:20 AM
This team is primed for a tourney run. I've been saying that Perry would start & Holman being the 6th man but I now could see Holman in the starting lineup to start the season. We will shoot better this year. DJ Stewart May have been the surprise of the team so far. Some think he's looked the best out of all the freshmen.

thf24
10-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Wasn't it reported at some point a few months ago that Holman actually prefers coming off the bench?

smootness
10-12-2018, 11:37 AM
This team is primed for a tourney run. I've been saying that Perry would start & Holman being the 6th man but I now could see Holman in the starting lineup to start the season. We will shoot better this year. DJ Stewart May have been the surprise of the team so far. Some think he's looked the best out of all the freshmen.

That would be incredible. We need someone who can do that - a taller guy who can just light it up from outside. Whether Carter takes the next step or that's Stewart, I don't care, but it would help us out a ton.

Bully13
10-12-2018, 11:46 AM
It's been a while since I've been so syked about Hoops. Can't wait till tip off. We gonna ball.

msstate7
10-12-2018, 11:54 AM
We really need jethro, feazell, and/or Hatcher to be able to rest ado without a huge drop this season

Ifyouonlyknew
10-12-2018, 12:24 PM
We really need jethro, feazell, and/or Hatcher to be able to rest ado without a huge drop this season

Feazell won't be playing any at the 5. Jethro & Datcher just need to be able to combine for 5-7 minutes a game because Holman will get some 5 minutes against smaller competition.

fishwater99
10-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Holman will start, he's a potential first rounder.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

MarketingBully
10-12-2018, 05:41 PM
From what I saw between those two draft boards, we have four potential pros in Holman, Peters, Nick W, and Reggie Perry. If Ado continues to improve and can do so on the offensive end, he has a chance to go as well which will be five potential pros. I believe that is the figure I said and I don’t think there’s any reason to change that statement. I think those five will have a career in the NBA.

Pit Bull
10-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Looks like KY took advantage of the Graduate/Transfer rule in a big way..... got Reid Travis (projected preseason PAC-10 POTY) to go get that coveted Masters in Mammoth Cave History degree at KY. Wonder how much Calipari paid for him?

HaggardDawg
10-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Speaking of Kentucky, I'm watching the Big Blue Madness on SEC Network and it's quite possible the douchiest thing I've ever seen

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 11:29 PM
From what I saw between those two draft boards, we have four potential pros in Holman, Peters, Nick W, and Reggie Perry. If Ado continues to improve and can do so on the offensive end, he has a chance to go as well which will be five potential pros. I believe that is the figure I said and I don’t think there’s any reason to change that statement. I think those five will have a career in the NBA.

It's incredibly difficult to have a career in the NBA. Will 5 of them get feelers from the NBA and maybe some tryouts? Probably but I doubt more than three of them ever play more than a dozen games in the NBA. I'll guess Peters, Ado and Perry. I really think Ado is going to end up being the best outta all of them. Ado has cat like quickness for a big around the rim. He develops some Olajuwon type offensive moves and increase his vertical some he can play in the NBA. Ado reminds me of Joel Embid while at Kansas not the current much heavier Embid.

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Looks like KY took advantage of the Graduate/Transfer rule in a big way..... got Reid Travis (projected preseason PAC-10 POTY) to go get that coveted Masters in Mammoth Cave History degree at KY. Wonder how much Calipari paid for him?

Lol is that a real degree?

Lord McBuckethead
10-13-2018, 02:32 AM
Also, why does Kentucky get their game for game Bahamas trip played live on the SEC network, and why do they get Blue Madness on TV for 4 hours today?

Pit Bull
10-13-2018, 04:46 AM
Lol is that a real degree?

No, I made it up.....but they probably have some program like that.....just like when Masoli transferred from Oregon to Ole Miss to pursue a Parks Mgt. Masters.....I'm sure Masoli is a Park Mgr. somewhere huh?***

msstate7
10-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Also, why does Kentucky get their game for game Bahamas trip played live on the SEC network, and why do they get Blue Madness on TV for 4 hours today?

Bc they're Kentucky. They get ratings

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Speaking of Kentucky, I'm watching the Big Blue Madness on SEC Network and it's quite possible the douchiest thing I've ever seen
Is Ashley Judd there wearing a p***y hat?

shannondawg
10-13-2018, 07:14 AM
+1

Is Ashley Judd there wearing a p***y hat?

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 09:48 AM
It's incredibly difficult to have a career in the NBA. Will 5 of them get feelers from the NBA and maybe some tryouts? Probably but I doubt more than three of them ever play more than a dozen games in the NBA. I'll guess Peters, Ado and Perry. I really think Ado is going to end up being the best outta all of them. Ado has cat like quickness for a big around the rim. He develops some Olajuwon type offensive moves and increase his vertical some he can play in the NBA. Ado reminds me of Joel Embid while at Kansas not the current much heavier Embid.

I think 5 have a legitimate shot at the NBA. Nick W is eerily similar to Westbrook including his athleticism. If he stays one more year to run the point as a junior, he could be a first round pick. Peters could go a long way to showing he’s an NBA player by being a leader this year and showing his consistency. That’s the key for him: consistency, leadership, and staying out of trouble. Reggie Perry to me is a two year player who has the skills to play the 3 at the next level. Ado just needs to show he has an offensive game but his measurables will be what impress scouts once he goes to a combine. Holman? Not sure but he has improved his game every year he has been at State. If he keeps improving, I think he will get a shot.

Jacksondevildog
10-13-2018, 09:58 AM
If we have 5 NBA players on the roster, we should make the Eite 8.

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 10:05 AM
If we have 5 NBA players on the roster, we should make the Eite 8.

We will challenge for the SEC championship this year and depending on the draw we get in the tournament we could definitely make a deep run in the tournament.

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 10:11 AM
And when I say we will challenge for the SEC crown this year, this isn’t like any other year in the SEC. The SEC has six legitimate teams that could go deep in the NCAA tournament. I’d say the SEC is close to the best conference in the country giving the ACC a run for their money this year.

MarketingBully
10-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Hearing we won the closed scrimmage by about 14 against TCU. Started slow and trailed at halftime but heated up in the second half. Q with 29 and Tyson Carter with 15.

msstate7
10-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Hearing we won the closed scrimmage by about 14 against TCU. Started slow and trailed at halftime but heated up in the second half. Q with 29 and Tyson Carter with 15.

Tyson is gonna be a difference maker this year