PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell - Should the SEC

Pinto
10-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Publicly extend an invitation to Notre Dame?

I don?t think we want them or that they would accept, but I?d like to see them sweat and have to fight off the talk hosts blasting them for being scared to join.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 04:36 PM
We'd give our left nut sack to do so. But ND would not take even BOTH. Unfortunately.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Publicly extend an invitation to Notre Dame?

I don?t think we want them or that they would accept, but I?d like to see them sweat and have to fight off the talk hosts blasting them for being scared to join.

If we could get them then by all means do so. It would mean MILLIONS for MSU and every other school in the SEC. they would never take the pay cut though. They pretty much have an open invitation to the BIG. They will never except that either. Why would they as long as they have one of the Big Three networks televising all of their home games? That's a cash bonanza even Texas and Alabama can only dream of.

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2018, 07:32 PM
If we could get them then by all means do so. It would mean MILLIONS for MSU and every other school in the SEC. they would never take the pay cut though. They pretty much have an open invitation to the BIG. They will never except that either. Why would they as long as they have one of the Big Three networks televising all of their home games? That's a cash bonanza even Texas and Alabama can only dream of.

They still suck

Commercecomet24
10-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Yeah they're basically they're own conference lol. They don't have to share all that tv revenue or any other revenue with anyone else.

Dawgology
10-11-2018, 07:57 PM
We could trade Mizzou for ND.

Pit Bull
10-11-2018, 08:50 PM
We need to add OKState and VaTech. At least those 2 are in our region of the country somewhat. Then set up divisions like this.....(would give us the 16 team Super Conference that Jackie Sherrill predicted would eventually happen)......

West......BAMA, TAMU, OKST, MIZZOU, LSU, MSU, OM, & ARK

East...... AUB, VU, KY, UT, UF, UGA, VaTech, & SC

Cowbell
10-11-2018, 08:55 PM
We need to add OKState and VaTech. At least those 2 are in our region of the country somewhat. Then set up divisions like this.....

West...??.BAMA, TAMU, OKST, MIZZOU, LSU, MSU, OM, & ARK

East...??. AUB, VU, KY, UT, UF, UGA, VaTech, & SC

Okstate in no ways belongs or fits in this conference. That is a fan base that, though nice people, doesn?t understand diddly about football and has no idea how to tailgate. I spent a few years there. Much rather have OU with their obnoxious fan base.

Pit Bull
10-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Okstate in no ways belongs or fits in this conference. That is a fan base that, though nice people, doesn?t understand diddly about football and has no idea how to tailgate. I spent a few years there. Much rather have OU with their obnoxious fan base.

OKST is exactly like MSU. I attended MSU's game out there years ago and Stillwater is just like Starkville. I almost felt like we were at a game at MSU. Since then, they have expanded their stadium and remodeled it. Looks really good and they have one of the best traditions in all of college football....every time they score, a beautiful black stallion with a Zoro like rider with a cape runs out and around the field. It was ultra cool. Why do they need to know how to tailgate? Vandy tailgate looks like a high school with a few tents scattered around. It was one of the best road trips I have ever made. Loved going downtown to Eskimo Joe's too! All the motorcycle gangs come in on game day and roar around town and campus. The Cowboys would be a great fit for our conference, not to mention they are a land grant institution, just like MSU.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 09:33 PM
If we're pretending here I'm adding NC State and Virginia.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 09:36 PM
They still suck

True, but the money is good.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 09:42 PM
We need to add OKState and VaTech. At least those 2 are in our region of the country somewhat. Then set up divisions like this.....(would give us the 16 team Super Conference that Jackie Sherrill predicted would eventually happen)......

West......BAMA, TAMU, OKST, MIZZOU, LSU, MSU, OM, & ARK

East...... AUB, VU, KY, UT, UF, UGA, VaTech, & SC

VaTech is one of the SEC's dreams. Neither of the Oklahoma teams brings enough market. If we accepted either or even more so, both, the existing schools would have to take a huge pay cut from the SEC. Va. Tech and N.C.State are the SEC's ultimate targets now. We whiffed on Maryland. They would have been perfect addition. It's all about TV market now.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 09:44 PM
If we're pretending here I'm adding NC State and Virginia.

Even better than the Hokies market wise. Tech is more of an SEC school though, and the market is not that far behind.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Even better than the Hokies market wise. Tech is more of an SEC school though, and the market is not that far behind.

Virginia is more traditionally southern than Tech.

ckDOG
10-11-2018, 09:51 PM
OKST is exactly like MSU. I attended MSU's game out there years ago and Stillwater is just like Starkville. I almost felt like we were at a game at MSU. Since then, they have expanded their stadium and remodeled it. Looks really good and they have one of the best traditions in all of college football....every time they score, a beautiful black stallion with a Zoro like rider with a cape runs out and around the field. It was ultra cool. Why do they need to know how to tailgate? Vandy tailgate looks like a high school with a few tents scattered around. It was one of the best road trips I have ever made. Loved going downtown to Eskimo Joe's too! All the motorcycle gangs come in on game day and roar around town and campus. The Cowboys would be a great fit for our conference, not to mention they are a land grant institution, just like MSU.

Lived in OKC for a minute and visited Stillwater a couple times. Agree with what you said. Also, having lived amongst OU and OSU folks you easily draw the OU is to OM and OSU is to MSU comparisons. OU even had a frat kicked off campus for singing some racisty songs. Right up our neighbor's alley. Norman and the OU campus are nice but way overblown by those that love it.

I could live with OSU in the SEC. Makes more sense than Mizzou other than the STL tv market. Now OU fans - those folks HATE the SEC. Make it a point to let you know...

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Virginia is more traditionally southern than Tech.

Agree, but they place great store in their liberal arts rankings, which are way above anything in the SEC. They think they are above us academically. Tech is a top rank engineering school, they rank way above us. Their athletic culture is more in line with the SEC than UVA is, and they, despite their lofty rank in engineering, are still a blue colar school. If your vision of the SEC is the same as Ole Missy's or Bama's then UVA is for you. If it's MSU's or Auburn's, then it's Tech.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Lived in OKC for a minute and visited Stillwater a couple times. Agree with what you said. Also, having lived amongst OU and OSU folks you easily draw the OU is to OM and OSU is to MSU comparisons. OU even had a frat kicked off campus for singing some racisty songs. Right up our neighbor's alley. Norman and the OU campus are nice but way overblown by those that love it.

I could live with OSU in the SEC. Makes more sense than Mizzou other than the STL tv market. Now OU fans - those folks HATE the SEC. Make it a point to let you know...

It's not just the STL tv market, it's half of the KC market too. Missouri actually has the second biggest TV market of all the SEC schools. Taking them was a no brainier, as was A and M.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
Agree, but they place great store in their liberal arts rankings, which are way above anything in the SEC. They think they are above us academically. Tech is a top rank engineering school, they rank way above us. Their athletic culture is more in line with the SEC than UVA is, and they, despite their lofty rank in engineering, are still a blue colar school. If your vision of the SEC is the same as Ole Missy's or Bama's then UVA is for you. If it's MSU's or Auburn's, then it's Tech.

They'd be in the East so we wouldn't have to deal with their snooty chardonnay drinking asses much but they have an infinitely better baseball program than Tech and I'd like them cause of that. Basketball too although Tech was pretty solid in basketball last year since getting Buzz Williams. As far as football goes we'd be adding a school we can beat most years same with NC State. Why add teams stronger than us in football? No thanks the conference is tough enough but NC State and Virginia are both very nice schools and Raleigh is pretty awesome if you've ever been.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 10:38 PM
We desperately need to add 2 East teams and I'm surprised there's no serious top headed rumblings about it of late. MO needs to have it's ass on over on our side. I'm surprised someone reminded me of MD. That would be awesome, but like the poster said, we whiffed on that one. indeed we did. MD, UNC, NC State, UVA, VA Tech, ...We need to be courting the hell outta 2 of those. Would love to throw Climpzun into the mix but we already got SC in the pic. We're already the best. Adding NC, VA or MD to the mix would be down right greedy and unbelievable. Makes no difference as to what school is "more Southern". Money talks and bullshit walks.

RougeDawg
10-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Notre Dame isn?t dumb enough to join the SEC. they?d have to take Their number Around about 6-8 in the conference. They are not dumb enough to join a conference that would eat them faster than a guppie in a 5 gallon bucket of piranhas. I wish we could play those clowns.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Notre Dame isn?t dumb enough to join the SEC. they?d have to take Their number Around about 6-8 in the conference. They are not dumb enough to join a conference that would eat them faster than a guppie in a 5 gallon bucket of piranhas. I wish we could play those clowns.

True and LOL. Had numerous aquariums in my day. Never any prianhas but lot's of jack dempseys and Oscars. My Oscar used to jump outta the water and eat from my hand. drew blood on numerous occasions.

Scooba, please ignore and don't jack with me please sir.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2018, 10:53 PM
I can't stand ND, but I can't stand OM or Auburn, either. So I guess that is a mute point. I think ND would possibly be good for the conference, but I think it would be a pipe dream on them accepting. Currently I wish the SEC Office would get the East and West more uniform, and move Mizzou to the west, and The Barners (Auburn) to the east. They could still have the Iron Bowl by making Auburn and Bama permanent opponents. Too much politics in that scenario, so it has no chance of happening.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 10:53 PM
They'd be in the East so we wouldn't have to deal with their snooty chardonnay drinking asses much but they have an infinitely better baseball program than Tech and I'd like them cause of that. Basketball too although Tech was pretty solid in basketball last year since getting Buzz Williams. As far as football goes we'd be adding a school we can beat most years same with NC State. Why add teams stronger than us in football? No thanks the conference is tough enough but NC State and Virginia are both very nice schools and Raleigh is pretty awesome if you've ever been.

UVA will never join the SEC. They look down on us. Va. Tech might recognize the envetible , but there is that pesky 20 million dollar exit fee. The SEC has no exit fee. That says it all, My guess is NC State and VA Tech let that BS expire, and then follow the money. Both of them would benefit in the same exorbitant way A&M has, and they know it.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 10:57 PM

Notre Dame ain't looking at records. They are looking at money, and so is the SEC. BOTH take a pay cut if Notre Dame joins the SEC. it ain't never ever happening.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2018, 10:58 PM
UVA will never join the SEC. They look down on us. Va. Tech might recognize the envetible , but there is that pesky 20 million dollar exit fee. The SEC has no exit fee. That says it all, My guess is NC State and VA Tech let that BS expire, and then follow the money. Both of them would benefit in the same exorbitant way A&M has, and they know it.

The SEC is content to wait it out too.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 10:59 PM

Good shit Liver. NC State and Tech. I'd take it in a minute and move MO's ass on over where they belong. That would be so financially dominant.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2018, 11:45 PM
The ultimate arrangement would be a 24-team superconference with the 14 SEC schools and 10 ACC schools.

WSOPdawg
10-12-2018, 08:15 AM
VaTech is one of the SEC's dreams. Neither of the Oklahoma teams brings enough market. If we accepted either or even more so, both, the existing schools would have to take a huge pay cut from the SEC. Va. Tech and N.C.State are the SEC's ultimate targets now. We whiffed on Maryland. They would have been perfect addition. It's all about TV market now.

Damn, I'm glad we whiffed!!!