PDA

View Full Version : Merge Bovine Scatology into main forum?

elitedawgs
10-15-2013, 04:45 PM
poll coming

Political Hack
10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
I've been thinking that would be a good idea. It's pretty simple to start a post with "BS:" when it's not sports or MSU related.

BS of course stands for Bovine Scatology.

slickdawg
10-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Makes sense

Will James
10-15-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't want a main board look of sps variety where 25-50% of the front page is BS/OT

DownwardDawg
10-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I've never been to that board so I don't know. I guess I should check it out.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I think most people just don't go over there because they forget those other boards. Hell, if it wasn't for IMPP's reminders over here, I would forget to check that forum every Friday too.

That last sentence was just a lie.

Op4isabitch
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Honestly, I think what makes this board great is the fact that the main board is MSU sports.

One of the reasons I dislike sps is because of the threads that deal with cooking, music and what color umbrella looks nice in my foo foo drink etc, its also one of the main reasons that Nafoom sucks in addition to the plethora of Rebel dickheads.

I may be in the minority but I think this board would be best if left alone.

Just my 2 cents.

BeastMan
10-15-2013, 07:05 PM
FWIW I like everything how it is. I know the reasoning is that its a bit slow right now but this is a new site. IMO let the board develop over time. The sports board is what got everyone here initially (I'm assuming). Over time, some will be regulars on the poli board (Will James), outdoor board (Me), and certain characters will latch on to the BS board. ED as a whole is like what, 1K users? What till a year from now when there are exponentially more users and see where they are gravitating IMO.

PassInterference
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't want a main board look of sps variety where 25-50% of the front page is BS/OT

I agree with this.

I am sure most people bookmark the ED forum. Having links to the other forums might bring them more traffic.

In keeping with our MSU board for MSU people theme, I would much rather keep the BS in another forum.

Political Hack
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
shouldn't this poll be in the bovine scatology forum?

I voted to move it here because I think it would increase traffic and discussion, but I'll change my vote if people like it as is. I'm ok with either. Maybe we should just have a single post on here every few days reminding people and highlighting the topics over there.

I got the politics and redneck rampage forums a lot, but rarely visit the BS.

PassInterference
10-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Or make PP a sub forum of BS.

BulldogBear
10-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I've been thinking that would be a good idea. It's pretty simple to start a post with "BS:" when it's not sports or MSU related.

BS of course stands for Bovine Scatology.

Admission: I have seen the Bovine Scatology forum but missed the joke until just now. I'll try to do better...

Behrdawg
10-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Hell- Im one of the co-creators and I vote no.

Behrdawg....for the people

sleepy dawg
10-15-2013, 09:58 PM
When this site was first created, I was going to SPS and ED regularly. Now I never go to SPS, and the only reason is this board is 99.9% sports. I will be very disappointed if those two forums merge.

Op4isabitch
10-15-2013, 10:05 PM
When this site was first created, I was going to SPS and ED regularly. Now I never go to SPS, and the only reason is this board is 99.9% sports. I will be very disappointed if those two forums merge.

+1

Barking 13
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
leave it alone.. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just click on new posts and it has everything on it...