PDA

View Full Version : Halfway through the season now...what bowl games....

Pit Bull
10-10-2018, 06:42 PM
...would you say are likely in play? I am guessing we go 8-4 and end up in the Belk Bowl. If we were to drop to 7-5, then probably Memphis, Nashville, or something equivalent. 7-5 would be a bit disappointing, but I would still travel to support the Dogs regardless.

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 11:07 PM
Technically I'd say that other than the playoff football games all of them are in play.

We'll know a lot more after the next two games.

Pit Bull
10-11-2018, 12:52 AM
Technically I'd say that other than the playoff football games all of them are in play.

I think we lose one of these next two.....not sure which though. And then we only lose to BAMA.

Saltydog
10-11-2018, 09:11 AM
17 returning starters........

Political Hack
10-11-2018, 09:28 AM
I'll go to Music City. Other than that it's unlikely.

Tbonewannabe
10-11-2018, 09:33 AM
If we win LSU then we have a shot at the Citrus because I think we win end up 9-3. Otherwise, I think maybe Outback, Belk, or Music City.

Political Hack
10-11-2018, 09:55 AM

Why you mad at the returning starters?

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2018, 09:57 AM

With a QB that still can't pass.

We are essentially the same team this year. The hope of improving this year was based on Fitz's progression. That hasn't happened and it probably cost us a game trying to figure out if Nick had gotten better.

JETDAWG
10-11-2018, 10:48 AM
It did cost us in the second half of the Florida game, they were daring us to throw the football and stacking the box. We just could not do it to move the football, we had dropped passes for sure but many were into double coverage and way off the mark. Last week we made adjustments but LSU is a different animal, we will need new looks next week to be effective. I hope we can make adjustments mid game.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2018, 10:53 AM

What is good for us is Ole Miss got to the Sugar and Peach with 9-3 records. I guess we need FL and KY to continue winning and us only lose to Bama.

Tbonewannabe
10-11-2018, 11:44 AM
What is good for us is Ole Miss got to the Sugar and Peach with 9-3 records. I guess we need FL and KY to continue winning and us only lose to Bama.

Getting Bama and UGA into the playoffs bumps everyone up a bowl. We could go from Citrus to Peach or Sugar or from Outback/Belk/Music City to the Citrus. Luckily, I think we have been to the Gator enough that we at least go somewhere else.