PDA

View Full Version : Baseball recruiting question??!

Pedrioa is King
10-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Usually after a big home football game we have Commits. But nothing! What is the deal?

Choctaw Dawg
10-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Beats me, I've heard Lemonis has been on the recruiting trail a good bit lately. Can't remember where hes gone though

TNDawg35
10-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Haven’t you heard!!! Lemonis is a dud and worst hire ever!!!***

msstate7
10-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Need me to light into lemonis too? Haha

weblow
10-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Everyone remain calm. We are good here. We are doing just fine in this area.

msbulldog
10-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Lemonis is an excellent recruiter check the players he signed at Uof L and Indiana. Jake is also a great recruiter, plus we have a 55 million dollar investment to give them a head start. We will be okay!

Commercecomet24
10-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Recruiting in baseball is gonna be just fine.

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 10:10 PM
We've had a few 2021 guys commit recently. He may want to slow it down a little bit and take inventory with the scholarship situation. Especially since the odds are decent that we get all of our recruits in this upcoming cycle or have very minimal draft losses.

louisvilledawg
10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Usually after a big home football game we have Commits. But nothing! What is the deal?

Brah how you gonna misspell Pedroia

Tbonewannabe
10-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Brah how you gonna misspell Pedroia

Maybe he is a Yankee fan although I don't know how you don't like Pedroia if you like dirtbag baseball players.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Recruiting in baseball is gonna be just fine.

so simple , true and easy. Gracias Comet. Complications and ignorance not needed.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
so simple , true and easy. Gracias Comet. Complications and ignorance not needed.

Mama told me when I was young just be a simple kinda man lol

Pedrioa is King
10-11-2018, 02:18 PM
I think after each home game we should have a Commit. We are working on 4 classes at one time! Especially after an SEC game.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 02:37 PM
2021 guys?! Geez just start recruiting the LLWS teams.

smootness
10-11-2018, 02:40 PM
2021 guys?! Geez just start recruiting the LLWS teams.

I mean, those are HS sophomores. That's not crazy at all.

BeardoMSU
10-11-2018, 02:47 PM
What is the deal?

After the debacle that was last year's season, we're shutting it down.**

https://media.giphy.com/media/3orieTkAk6nbEuzRFS/giphy.gif

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
I mean, those are HS sophomores. That's not crazy at all.

Did they commit to us today cause 5 months ago they were still freshman. Almost no freshman in the country end up being the best players on their own high school team by the time they are seniors. It's just retuhrded recruiting strategy in any sport save women's gymnastics to recruit freshman in high school.

smootness
10-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Did they commit to us today cause 5 months ago they were still freshman. Almost no freshman in the country end up being the best players on their own high school team by the time they are seniors. It's just retuhrded recruiting strategy in any sport save women's gymnastics to recruit freshman in high school.

Wait...what?

Almost no freshmen end up being the best players on their HS team as seniors? Then where do the best HS seniors come from? They have to have been freshmen at some point, no?

Bully13
10-11-2018, 03:19 PM
17 the high profile 17's. we need dirt baggers***

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Wait...what?

Almost no freshmen end up being the best players on their HS team as seniors? Then where do the best HS seniors come from? They have to have been freshmen at some point, no?

How do you not understand this sentence? The best 14 year old amongst all 14 year olds in their high school rarely is the best 17 year old amongst all the 17 year olds in their high school. Get in now?

Homedawg
10-11-2018, 03:30 PM
How do you not understand this sentence? The best 14 year old amongst all 14 year olds in their high school rarely is the best 17 year old amongst all the 17 year olds in their high school. Get in now?

Sorry but this is just false. Now are ALL 14 year old phenoms the best? No. But to say that it never happens dumb. Matter of fact it's more often than not. Not the other way around.

smootness
10-11-2018, 03:32 PM

Don't get mad at me for not typing out what you meant to say.

What you actually said was, 'Almost no freshman in the country end up being the best players on their own high school team by the time they are seniors'...which basically makes no sense. What you said would mean that no freshmen, regardless of skill level, ever become the best players on their HS team as seniors...which either means that no top HS players are ever seniors, or that the top HS players as seniors were never freshmen in HS.

What you meant to say is an actual valid opinion, even if I disagree to some degree. Obviously players develop, so you have to be careful, but baseball players are being recruited pretty heavily by the time they are freshmen-sophomores. You have to be in it at that point if you want to end up recruiting well.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 03:38 PM
There you go again always nitpicking my vernacular when you know good and damn well what I mean in the first place.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Sorry but this is just false. Now are ALL 14 year old phenoms the best? No. But to say that it never happens dumb. Matter of fact it's more often than not. Not the other way around.

Look up the word "rarely"

smootness
10-11-2018, 03:40 PM
There you go again always nitpicking my vernacular when you know good and damn well what I mean in the first place.

I genuinely did not know what you were trying to say. I assumed you probably left something out, but I was just confused as to what you meant.

And I would strongly disagree with the sentiment.

Todd4State
10-11-2018, 03:54 PM

MLB signs Latin players when they are 16- the same age as our sophomore recruits. And I guarantee you that those players are evaluated by MLB scouts when they are 13-15 which is the same age as our 8th grade and freshman recruits.

But you can tell them that it's a "retuhrded" strategy even though they have successfully doing it since the 1960's.

AlSwearengen
10-11-2018, 04:38 PM
The kids that are identified as sec/mlb type players when they are 15 or 16, I’d wager are still sec/mlb type players by their senior years more than 90% of the time. There are always kids that break out during their senior years, but those are far and few between compared to those identified when they are 15 or 16.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 04:43 PM

Your vernacular is always gonna be 100% cock suck.

ZedFedder
10-11-2018, 04:55 PM
If you don’t recruit 13-15 year olds, you won’t have anyone to recruit when they are older.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Your vernacular is always gonna be 100% cock suck.

Little midget Trumpster douchebag feeling brave today. Go buy a Kanye album loser.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Well apparently all of you guys and all of our sophomore baseball recruits were a lot older than I was when I just started my sophomore year of high school. I was seventeen the first month at State. I am under the impression these players are not 16 years old in October of their sophomore years but I could be wrong and MLB teams can take risks on signing 16 year olds cause it's very low risk with potential for a very high reward and young latino baseball players rarely go the college route anyways.

Pedrioa is King
10-11-2018, 05:11 PM
You can tell in the 9th grade who will be a college player. Some develop faster than others.

Homedawg
10-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Look up the word "rarely"

And you'd be wrong. Because it's not rare. Not rare at all. Just admit it, please. You are wrong.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 05:23 PM
And you'd be wrong. Because it's not rare. Not rare at all. Just admit it, please. You are wrong.

Except I'm not wrong sorry and baseball isn't the only sport either. Renardo Sidney was once the #1 basketball recruit in the country. Where was Malik Newman and Devonta Pollard ranked as SENIORS? How many 1st round MLB draft picks have significant MLB careers? Less than 10%? That's actual drafted players. Development or non-development doesn't just occur for them yet somehow doesn't happen between the ages 14-18.

timotheus
10-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Except I'm not wrong sorry and baseball isn't the only sport either. Renardo Sidney was once the #1 basketball recruit in the country. Where was Malik Newman and Devonta Pollard ranked as SENIORS? How many 1st round MLB draft picks have significant MLB careers? Less than 10%? That's actual drafted players. Development or non-development doesn't just occur for them yet somehow doesn't happen between the ages 14-18.

Just keep an eye on em but don't tell a soul.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Just keep an eye on em but don't tell a soul.

Totally agree.

Homedawg
10-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Well since you brought up those names- in wah instance that YoU named, those guys were the best on their teams at 14 and 18. So try again. Just dig in and never admit you it. Are you a woman??

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Well since you brought up those names- in wah instance that YoU named, those guys were the best on their teams at 14 and 18. So try again. Just dig in and never admit you it. Are you a woman??

I'm the one that's digging in? Lol

Homedawg
10-11-2018, 08:48 PM
I'm the one that's digging in? Lol

I just used the names you gave me and in every instance you were wrong. I don't have to dig in. I'm right. It's obvious

MedDawg
10-11-2018, 09:39 PM
T There are always kids that break out during their senior years

That's who we go after. The kids who will break out during their college senior years.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 09:51 PM
I just used the names you gave me and in every instance you were wrong. I don't have to dig in. I'm right. It's obvious

Lol both those players fell off the map right after high school so you really aren't proving me wrong with them. Recruiting 14-15 year olds is just dumb.

Todd4State
10-11-2018, 10:32 PM

The percentage of first round picks that at least make it to MLB is very high- like 90% off the top of my head. Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Kris Bryant, Reggie Jackson, Carlton Fisk, Robin Yount, Dave Winfield, Kirby Puckett, Barry Larkin, Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro, Craig Biggio, Frank Thomas, need I go on?

You can't compare basketball to baseball. Baseball is a lot better IMO of projecting talent. Some players that we have gotten commitments from before their junior year- Luke Alexander, Jake Mangum, Hunter Stovall, Keegan James, JT Ginn...just off the top of my head. We've had good success at projecting and finding good players- and the proof is in the pudding. A few like Austin Riley and Jeremiah Jackson we had commitments from and they turned into first-second round draft picks as well. Meaning we were able to identify their talent before you think it was possible.

Your thought pattern is the same one that Ron Polk had in the 2000's- and the end result was us missing out on a TON of players like Stephen Head because of it. If you don't recruit them early, you don't build a relationship and they assume that you aren't interested and they go somewhere else and kick our ass. That recruiting philosophy is why our 30+ year run of winning seasons ended- and it took us three years to recover from it.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Apparently you do need to go on if you think 90% of 1st rounders have SIGNIFICANT MLB careers. Not cups of coffee. Polk hardly left campus to recruit or recruit players that didn't attend his camp. I'm not saying be lazy in recruiting at all. Just the opposite actually. Recruiting tee ball all-stars is lazy recruiting.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 10:48 PM
61 vs Todd on baseball crootin'. Oh how joyous.

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 11:17 PM
61 vs Todd on baseball crootin'. Oh how joyous.

Lol this has been an ongoing topic b/t myself and Todd/Shotgun for a couple seasons now. It ain't just baseball it gets brought up either.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Lol this has been an ongoing topic b/t myself and Todd/Shotgun for a couple seasons now. It ain't just baseball it gets brought up either.

and who always ends up being the dumbass?

Dawg61
10-11-2018, 11:44 PM
and who always ends up being the dumbass?

You do for thinking this ever gets resolved.

Bully13
10-12-2018, 12:27 AM

OK, I feel like Will Smith after talking to white dude in Men in Black explaining about the ass whoopin'.

"Ok, it hurt"

Commercecomet24
10-12-2018, 12:45 AM
I'll just say this, I go to the Perfect Game National Champinships every year and at the 15U, 16U and 17U you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a college coach or mlb scout. When we played in 16U back in July, Wes Johnson, Nick Mingione and coaches from south alabama, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Indiana, Stanford and 3 mlb scouts were standing behind the backstop watching, and that was just on one field. It's a who's who of college coaches there. They ain't there just for the heck of it. They're scouting these kids at these ages and recruiting them at ages 14 and up. fwiw

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 06:10 AM
I'll just say this, I go to the Perfect Game National Champinships every year and at the 15U, 16U and 17U you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a college coach or mlb scout. When we played in 16U back in July, Wes Johnson, Nick Mingione and coaches from south alabama, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Indiana, Stanford and 3 mlb scouts were standing behind the backstop watching, and that was just on one field. It's a who's who of college coaches there. They ain't there just for the heck of it. They're scouting these kids at these ages and recruiting them at ages 14 and up. fwiw

But that's the Perfect Game NC and it's 16 year olds. I expect our coaches to be there for those events. How old's your son if you don't mind?

msbulldog
10-12-2018, 06:47 AM

CC, I wouldn't mind going to watch those championships, but I don't think I'm hauling no dead cat with me.

LibraryDawg
10-12-2018, 08:22 AM

aTm is THE game this year.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2018, 08:45 AM
But that's the Perfect Game NC and it's 16 year olds. I expect our coaches to be there for those events. How old's your son if you don't mind?

No prob, he's 16.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2018, 08:49 AM
CC, I wouldn't mind going to watch those championships, but I don't think I'm hauling no dead cat with me.

lol, it's a blast. You get to see stuff you don't expect to see out of 15-16 year olds. Example: I watched Nate Wohlgemuth pitch last year as a 16 year old throwing 95+ and his catcher having a devil of a time handling him.

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 09:16 AM
No prob, he's 16.

This is my point exactly. We have a stud legacy whose 16 that doesn't have an offer yet while we've got 2021 commits at the same time.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2018, 09:19 AM
This is my point exactly. We have a stud legacy whose 16 that doesn't have an offer yet while we've got 2021 commits at the same time.

Thanks, but stud legacy is a bit much LOL.

smootness
10-12-2018, 09:39 AM
It's not a big deal if we end up without a lot of top recruits because we started recruiting them too late. Just fill out the roster with kids from the Sanderson.

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 09:41 AM
It's not a big deal if we end up without a lot of top recruits because we started recruiting them too late. Just fill out the roster with kids from the Sanderson.

That jokes as old as your wife. And again I wasn't wrong to bring up the Sanderson comment since we flew to Hawaii with 7 dudes.

smootness
10-12-2018, 09:47 AM
That jokes as old as your wife. And again I wasn't wrong to bring up the Sanderson comment since we flew to Hawaii with 7 dudes.

https://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/video/thumbnail/rZJIMvhmliwmde8a6/videoblocks-old-man-with-two-thumbs-up-happy-senior-man-giving-two-thumbs-up-isolated-on-white-background-human-facial-expressions-and-body-langauge_rxg4bhzy_f_thumbnail-full01.png

Todd4State
10-12-2018, 04:11 PM

The fact that MLB and every D1 college is recruiting players 14 and up tells me what the resolution is.

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 04:38 PM
The fact that MLB and every D1 college is recruiting players 14 and up tells me what the resolution is.

MLB doesn't recruit players they scout them and if every D1 college is recruiting 14 year olds in their diapers how come there's only 31 commits in the entire country and half are to Miami and South Carolina? Looks to me like there's about 6 school that like to recruit toddlers. The rest of the 300 schools in D1 are smart enough to realize recruiting toddlers isn't gonna be a very smart recruiting strategy especially if you want tough dirtbag players instead of spoon fed spoiled brats.

https://www.scout.com/Season/2021-Baseball/Recruits/

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2018, 04:57 PM

Always got quality walk-ons at Sanderson better than <insert player here>****

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Always got quality walk-ons at Sanderson better than <insert player here>****

Who was the 3rd guy off the bench for Rick Ray in 2013? You really think I can't find a better player at the Sanderson on any day of the week than that guy?? Hahahahahahaha

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Who was the 3rd guy off the bench for Rick Ray in 2013? You really think I can't find a better player at the Sanderson on any day of the week than that guy?? Hahahahahahaha
Personally, I think players at Sanderson couldn't hold a candle to the players at the Tin Gym. We didn't have A/C, and Jerry Rice would come and play pick up there. Built toughness those Rick Ray teams didn't have.***

Dawg61
10-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Personally, I think players at Sanderson couldn't hold a candle to the players at the Tin Gym. We didn't have A/C, and Jerry Rice would come and play pick up there. Built toughness those Rick Ray teams didn't have.***

During my 4 years at State I probably saw a dozen players at the Sanderson that played some level of professional basketball or were current or former bulldog basketball players. Every former State player went in there. It was the local hangout when it was too early to go to the bar. If you don't know this (not you Brunswick) than it means you decided to be a fat ass during college and never went to the gym. It's probably changed some now that the team has their own practice facility though.

msbulldog
10-12-2018, 05:26 PM

We couldn't use the Tin Gym when I was a freshman, because the Varsity still had their games there. However we had a combo gym/laundromat behind the freshmen boomerang dorms (I was in 107 Hightower). I played quite a few games there with Walter Packer.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2018, 05:45 PM
During my 4 years at State I probably saw a dozen players at the Sanderson that played some level of professional basketball or were current or former bulldog basketball players. Every former State player went in there. It was the local hangout when it was too early to go to the bar. If you don't know this (not you Brunswick) than it means you decided to be a fat ass during college and never went to the gym. It's probably changed some now that the team has their own practice facility though.

Same was true in the Tin Gym in the early 90s. Saw some amazing ball played there.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 01:20 AM
MLB doesn't recruit players they scout them and if every D1 college is recruiting 14 year olds in their diapers how come there's only 31 commits in the entire country and half are to Miami and South Carolina? Looks to me like there's about 6 school that like to recruit toddlers. The rest of the 300 schools in D1 are smart enough to realize recruiting toddlers isn't gonna be a very smart recruiting strategy especially if you want tough dirtbag players instead of spoon fed spoiled brats.

https://www.scout.com/Season/2021-Baseball/Recruits/

There is a difference between recruiting, offering and taking a commitment. No one has ever taken a lot of 8th graders. But it's VERY common to take commitments from 10th graders. Here's our list right now.

2021 Commitments
1B Blaze Jordan (R/R), Desoto Central HS
MIF Jeffrey Ince (S/R), Memphis University School (Tenn)
OF Rian Cellars (R/R), Texas HS
RHP Jack Walker (R/R), Barbe (La.) HS
RHP Jackson Conn (R/R), Jackson Academy
LHP Pico Conn (L/L), Chilton County (Ala.) HS
LHP Tayler Montiel (L/L), Brentwood Academy (Tenn.)

And that's not uncommon at all. And I guess you consider Hunter Stovall who we got a commitment from as a 10th grader a spoiled brat and not a dirtbag?

Oh and by the way- that first name there- Blaze Jordan is the top player in his class and we got a commitment from him as an 8th grader.

What's hilarious to me is Polk II did it your way and it failed. For most people that would be enough to realize that you are completely wrong and ignorant on baseball. But by all means...carry on and keep digging yourself a hole.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 06:19 AM
You just said Ron Polk is ignorant on baseball. Lol. Half our class is already committed 6 months before they start their sophomore in HS baseball seasons. That's the single most stupid baseball recruiting strategy I've ever heard of.

AlSwearengen
10-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Dawg61, which major college baseball program do you coach? How many college World Series have you taken your team to? It?s really a moot point anyway. With the way college baseball and scholarships are, every season is basically a tryout process. So, if a kid that committed in the 9th or 10th grade doesn?t end up performing up to their early expectations, they will be at delta state or troy.

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2018, 10:48 AM
You just said Ron Polk is ignorant on baseball. Lol. Half our class is already committed 6 months before they start their sophomore in HS baseball seasons. That's the single most stupid baseball recruiting strategy I've ever heard of.

He actually said Ron Polk is ignorant on college baseball recruiting in the 2000s. What worked in the 1980s no longer works unless you only care about getting lifelong MSU fans as baseball recruits. Most guys no longer go to college summer camps which is almost the only way Polk recruited.

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2018, 02:09 PM
This thread is reading like a troll job - in 2018 baseball recruiting is done many years in advance and the elite programs are planing their roster and scholarship allocation years in advance

There is a great Mainieri article on the LSU big board of recruiting that plots field positions and competitiveness years in advance.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 04:20 PM
This thread is reading like a troll job - in 2018 baseball recruiting is done many years in advance and the elite programs are planing their roster and scholarship allocation years in advance

There is a great Mainieri article on the LSU big board of recruiting that plots field positions and competitiveness years in advance.

This thread reads like the Piper leading the morons. We have 7 high school freshman committed right now. Don't be fooled by the fact they just started their sophomore years. They were playing in Little League two years ago.

Coursesuper
10-13-2018, 07:13 PM
This thread reads like the Piper leading the morons. We have 7 high school freshman committed right now. Don't be fooled by the fact they just started their sophomore years. They were playing in Little League two years ago.

Bless your heart. It’s just killing you. You really have no idea how the game is played.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Bless your heart. It’s just killing you. You really have no idea how the game is played.

Bookmark this thread. Let's see where the 7 little league all-stars are at in 4 years.

Coursesuper
10-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Bookmark this thread. Let's see where the 7 little league all-stars are at in 4 years.

That’s what you just don’t get, they might get to school we might got drop them if they underperform but this is how baseball recruiting works these days like it or not. Now if you don’t like this tough it is what it is, or would you rather we not recruit kids this young and set ourselves behind the rest of college baseball.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 07:33 PM
That’s what you just don’t get, they might get to school we might got drop them if they underperform but this is how baseball recruiting works these days like it or not. Now if you don’t like this tough it is what it is, or would you rather we not recruit kids this young and set ourselves behind the rest of college baseball.

Again 6 teams isn't the rest of college baseball and absolutely I'd prefer we don't recruit freshman. Scout them fine but I'd much prefer the time spent on juniors, seniors and even jucos or grad transfers so we end up cutting far less players. Wasting time is the enemy of recruiting.

Coursesuper
10-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Again 6 teams isn't the rest of college baseball and absolutely I'd prefer we don't recruit freshman. Scout them fine but I'd much prefer the time spent on juniors, seniors and even jucos or grad transfers so we end up cutting far less players. Wasting time is the enemy of recruiting.

You are a miserable 17tard, you haven’t ever been around recruiting of any kind and it shows by the stupidity that you’ve continue lay down here. You are also just moronic individual that can’t stand to be shown the error of you way, you will argue a moot point just to argue, that must be a sad way to go through life. Like the movie said “ I ain’t never seen a man so in dire need of a blow job in my life. Good day.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 07:54 PM
You are a miserable 17tard, you haven’t ever been around recruiting of any kind and it shows by the stupidity that you’ve continue lay down here. You are also just moronic individual that can’t stand to be shown the error of you way, you will argue a moot point just to argue, that must be a sad way to go through life. Like the movie said “ I ain’t never seen a man so in dire need of a blow job in my life. Good day.

Looks like you've got a freshman in high school temperament. Not even half of these toddlers will ever play a significant # of games at MSU. Batting less than 50% on commits is shitty recruiting. Period.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 08:28 PM
Looks like you've got a freshman in high school temperament. Not even half of these toddlers will ever play a significant # of games at MSU. Batting less than 50% on commits is shitty recruiting. Period.

Where did you come up with this number? We all know it came out of your ass so don't bother trying to explain. Do you really think that we only recruit the players that commit to us? Really? If we're wasting our time everyone else is too- including MLB.

But of course you know more than them.** Or maybe....just maybe there is a reason why they keep doing it and have been for years.

And as far as the "toddlers playing a significant number of games"- again- Luke Alexander, Hunter Stovall, Keegan James, JT Ginn, and Jake Mangum say hi! But you conveniently ignore that because you're wrong. Not to mention guys like Tanner Allen who committed to other schools as sophomores before we flipped them. We're batting way higher than 50% with our "toddlers"- try about 90%. And that's only because of guys like Austin Riley and Jeremiah Jackson who went high in the draft- not because they were misevaluated. And it looks like Blaze Jordan isn't going to help your cause either.

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2018, 08:32 PM

That's a good way to put it, I remember an old man telling a group MSU college students that the internet was just another fad like short wave radio. We could have all argued, but why bother - the old man is probably still talking to other oldmen on short wave radio

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 08:36 PM
That's a good way to put it, I remember an old man telling a group MSU college students that the internet was just another fad like short wave radio. We could have all argued, but why bother - the old man is probably still talking to other oldmen on short wave radio

I should take this advice. 61 will just remain willfully ignorant while we all laugh at how ignorant he is- all the while watching our players that we recruited as "toddlers".

Coursesuper
10-13-2018, 08:48 PM
I should take this advice. 61 will just remain willfully ignorant while we all laugh at how ignorant he is- all the while watching our players that we recruited as "toddlers".

Dude is clueless, his kind would keep us in the dark ages being little ole missippi tate. Screw them.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 08:53 PM

Bookmark this thread homies. Let's see how the toddlers mature. Go one step further too and compare juniors/seniors that sign with us compared to the toddlers. Let's see whose more productive at State.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Dude is clueless, his kind would keep us in the dark ages being little ole missippi tate. Screw them.

You're a brainless moron if you think not recruiting diaper dandies means you're keeping State in the dark ages. The womb is dark though maybe you've got it backwards.

Coursesuper
10-13-2018, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;1009163]You're a brainless moron if you think not recruiting diaper dandies means you're keeping State in the dark ages. The womb is dark though maybe you've got it backward

Nice try you troll 17. Sad and pathetic.

Dawg61
10-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Edit your post homes. You messed it up. Shocker.

Todd4State
10-13-2018, 10:24 PM
Bookmark this thread homies. Let's see how the toddlers mature. Go one step further too and compare juniors/seniors that sign with us compared to the toddlers. Let's see whose more productive at State.

You can if you wish. It will only embarrass you further. I'd say that Mangum and Stovall were two of our best players last year. LA didn't hit very well but he produced probably three of our top five clutch moments including the game winning hit in game one of the CWS and was a starter for two years and played a good bit as a freshman. James did really well in the Cape and is going to be in the weekend rotation this year. JT Ginn was a first round pick who will be in the rotation as a freshman and likely will be a dual position player for us. Tanner Allen was a good player for us last year as a freshman and will have a nice career for us as well. A lot of times the seniors that we're getting are filler for needs and actually haven't panned out as well- not to mention all of the JUCO misses we've had over the years which would make your theory on late bloomers look even worse than it already does.

There is literally no evidence that supports your ignorant theory. At any level of baseball. And even worse- and I'm only mentioning this again because it blows my mind that it happened right here at MSU and you still don't get it- Polk tried your way and it ran our program in the ground. Meanwhile Luke Alexander's class which was the first to be recruited in a modern fashion- SEC Title, three Super Regional appearances and fourth in Omaha. Bookmark that. What you are saying is literally like saying that water isn't wet and insisting that you're right.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-13-2018, 10:37 PM
We are too busy with a pointless fall Fall World Series....smh

egriffin
10-14-2018, 06:18 AM

It's a lot more than 6. I don't have a Perfect Game subscription, but according to their available lists, Alabama has 3, Arkansas 8, Auburn 5, Florida 12, Georgia 1, Kentucky 6, LSU 8, Mizzou 5, Ole Miss 3, South Carolina 7, Tennessee 7, Texas A&M 6, and Vandy 8.

To throw in some of other national names, Miami has 15, FSU 6, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, and Virginia all have 5, Oregon State and UNC have 4.

There are certainly reasons to be critical, but even coaches who don't like it still do it. Some of these kids want to go ahead and pick a college so they can focus on just playing. Many will be committed by the summer or fall prior to their junior season, at the latest. If we don't take their commitment, one of the other above schools or another big power will.