10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
North of TN

TUSK
10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Where is KY?

added em, buddy...

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Our next two games are huge for us as far as the poll that matters- the BCS poll. Wins over LSU on the road and A&M to go along with Auburn would have to be good for our resume.

TUSK
10-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Our next two games are huge for us as far as the poll that matters- the CFP poll. Wins over LSU on the road and A&M to go along with Auburn would have to be good for our resume.

FIFY....

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 03:35 PM
North of TN

It could be in medicine cabinet or it could be in your butt.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Yup. Sagarin is correct.

MSU is about the 13th best team in the country.

Too one demensional to be top 10 and oddly lost two winnable games because it's own coaching staff didn't realize MSU was one demensional

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Thought y'all might dig this (second number is Strength of Schedule to date):

1 Bammer 59
2 Ohio St. 56
3 Clemson 40
4 Penn St. 31
5 Georgia 62
6 Oklahoma 32
7 Michigan 43
8 Washington 27
9 Wisconsin 78
10 Notre Dame 18
11 Iowa 26
12 W. Virginia 70
13 MSU 30
14 LSU 13
15 Florida 29
16 Texas 8
17 Auburn 46
18 Miami 84
19 Tex A&M 34
20 Utah 4
21 OK St. 60
22 NC St. 67
23 Kentucky 11

If Kentucky has the 11 toughest schedule which is 19 tougher then ours, they have a better record and they beat us why are we ranked higher?

TUSK
10-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Yup. Sagarin is correct.

Too one demensional to be top 10 and oddly lost two winnable games because it's own coaching staff didn't realize MSU was one demensional

I usually lend a bit more credence to Sagarin over AP, Coaches, other polls, etc....

msstate7
10-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Yup. Sagarin is correct.

Not sure how you put us over Florida at this point. They beat us on our home field, and their best win beat our best win on the road.

I do think we are a top 20 team

TUSK
10-10-2018, 03:46 PM
If Kentucky has the 11 toughest schedule which is 19 tougher then ours, they have a better record and they beat us why are we ranked higher?

The algorithm used is prolly a mile long... I've not looked it up, nor tried to reverse engineer it, Jack...

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Not sure how you put us over Florida at this point. They beat us on our home field, and their best win beat our best win on the road.

I think this poll is taking into consideration that our two losses are flukes blamed on coaching that day.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 03:49 PM
I think this poll is taking into consideration that our two losses are flukes blamed on coaching that day.

Has to, or it has bias toward us to start the season. I do think we pound Florida's butt if we had auburn game plan

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 03:57 PM
The algorithm used is prolly a mile long... I've not looked it up, nor tried to reverse engineer it, Jack...

They did name Ole Miss NC twice.

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 03:59 PM

My guess is because we beat K-State on the road and our recent run where we had to play Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn all in a row versus the fact that they had Florida, MSU, South Carolina and A&M being considered slightly easier per this rating?

I'm not sure where Sagarin has K-State though.

sleepy dawg
10-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Has to, or it has bias toward us to start the season. I do think we pound Florida's butt if we had auburn game plan

Sagarin's ratings do not look at wins and losses so much as scores and efficiencies. His method is not saying we deserve to be ranked 13th based on wins and losses. It's saying based on everything that has happened that we're the 13th best team right now.

TUSK
10-10-2018, 04:43 PM
My guess is because we beat K-State on the road and our recent run where we had to play Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn all in a row versus the fact that they had Florida, MSU, South Carolina and A&M being considered slightly easier per this rating?

I'm not sure where Sagarin has K-State though.

66 KSU 19

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Because you're thinking like an AP voter and aren't aware of the other factors that tell you how good a team is. MSU is better than Florida. If we played them, particularly now, we'd win 6 or 7 times out of ten. That's what the this poll insinuates and means. It doesn't necessarily reflect who actually win the game between the two as many variables determine that.

For exampl: if Mitchell catches Fitz's TD pass, are we then better than Florida?

If there was a playoff game between the two, who would be favored?

msstate7
10-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Because you're thinking like an AP voter and aren't aware of the other factors that tell you how good a team is. MSU is better than Florida. If we played them, particularly now, we'd win 6 or 7 times out of ten. That's what the this poll insinuates and means. It doesn't necessarily reflect who actually win the game between the two as many variables determine that.

For exampl: if Mitchell catches Fitz's TD pass, are we then better than Florida?

If there was a playoff game between the two, who would be favored?

I guess this poll is the gospel now. There are a bunch of instances of teams beating others and being below the teams they beat on this poll. I guess you agree with Washington being the #8 team in the country or 6 of the top 11 teams in the country being from the big 10?

Pit Bull
10-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Where is KY?

Surprised KY is that low.

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Yup. Sagarin is correct.

We have to prove we are that good before we do it. Now I think we proved something saturday, Auburn did beat Washington who is a top 10 team. They really arent but they did beat them.

One game isnt going to prove to me we are top 15. 1 good one doesnt totally make up for 2 duds but it makes me feel a lot better for sure. We can beat LSU and I wanna see if A&M is really about that life. We are going to punch them in the mouth. That has been their weakness for a while now

TUSK
10-10-2018, 11:54 PM
We have to prove we are that good before we do it. Now I think we proved something saturday, Auburn did beat Washington who is a top 10 team. They really arent but they did beat them.

One game isnt going to prove to me we are top 15. 1 good one doesnt totally make up for 2 duds but it makes me feel a lot better for sure. We can beat LSU and I wanna see if A&M is really about that life. We are going to punch them in the mouth. That has been their weakness for a while now

This is correct. The whole "we beat a top ten team" mantra is horseshit when said team finishes with 7 or 8 wins and unranked...

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2018, 12:06 AM
This is correct. The whole "we beat a top ten team" mantra is horseshit when said team finishes with 7 or 8 wins and unranked...

I think so to a certain extent. Auburn isnt a bad team. They are a top 25 team. Washington is supposed to be the best team in the pac 12 and auburn is better than them and they arent close to Bama.

That says a lot about the SEC and other conferences. State may end up a 8-9 win team, Auburn too but those 8-9 wins mean a lot more than say a Washington or West Virginia because of the competition they play from week to week. Auburn arguably shouldve beaten LSU who was crowned a challenger to Bama and they just lost to UF who we all think State is better than. If we run the offense we ran vs Auburn against them we beat UF by 10 points at least.

Hope that didnt go over your head I know its hard for you Bammers*** I do know that the SEC is so much better than everyone else. Clemson barely beat A&M and they got crushed by Bama. And Clemson is number 2.

Token Bammer
10-11-2018, 11:25 AM
I think so to a certain extent. Auburn isnt a bad team. They are a top 25 team. Washington is supposed to be the best team in the pac 12 and auburn is better than them and they arent close to Bama.

That says a lot about the SEC and other conferences. State may end up a 8-9 win team, Auburn too but those 8-9 wins mean a lot more than say a Washington or West Virginia because of the competition they play from week to week. Auburn arguably shouldve beaten LSU who was crowned a challenger to Bama and they just lost to UF who we all think State is better than. If we run the offense we ran vs Auburn against them we beat UF by 10 points at least.

Hope that didnt go over your head I know its hard for you Bammers*** I do know that the SEC is so much better than everyone else. Clemson barely beat A&M and they got crushed by Bama. And Clemson is number 2.

A lot of teams from other conferences would finish outside the top 25 if they were playing in the SEC, and several SEC teams would be ranked much higher in the top 25 if they played in another conference. The SEC is just better. It's horrible for the rest of the country to admit and they fight against it every year, but it's true, and they know it. Jmo

Jack Lambert
10-11-2018, 11:30 AM
And Clemson is number 2.

Don't be surprise when the first college football play off poll comes out Clemson is sitting at five or less. They are not what they were last year.

smootness
10-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Don't be surprise when the first college football play off poll comes out Clemson is sitting at five or less. They are not what they were last year.

They'll be 5 at the worst, probably higher. And just wait until Lawrence really gets comfortable.

msstate7
10-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Playoffs:
Bama
Ohio st
Clemson
ND/Texas/OU

If ND wins at northwestern, they'll be in

Token Bammer
10-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Playoffs:
Bama
Ohio st
Clemson
ND/Texas/OU

I hope Notre Dame loses every game they play, but if they somehow make it into the playoff and Bammer gets to beat them down again....well....Roll Tide.

Bully13
10-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Props to Tusk. A Quality guest member. He shares tsun hatred and posts quality shit 90% of the time.

MedDawg
10-11-2018, 12:50 PM
They did name Ole Miss NC twice.

I'm not sure Sagarin really ever did. 10 years ago when other teams like Kentucky claimed retroactive Sagarin National Championships, OM was never mentioned as having one. I think since then an OM fan added it to Wikipedia and then the OM sports website started saying it or vice versa.

By the way, I have looked and looked but NEVER been able to find a comprehensive list of Sagarin retroactive national championships. Only individual sites that include Sagarin with other obscure national championships.

msstate7
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
I hope Notre Dame loses every game they play, but if they somehow make it into the playoff and Bammer gets to beat them down again....well....Roll Tide.

Their schedule is really easy now.

sleepy dawg
10-11-2018, 03:39 PM
I guess this poll is the gospel now. There are a bunch of instances of teams beating others and being below the teams they beat on this poll. I guess you agree with Washington being the #8 team in the country or 6 of the top 11 teams in the country being from the big 10?

This is not a "poll". It is a rating system designed to determine who the best team is based on stats. It is not designed to determine who is most deserving of a particular ranking.

msstate7
10-11-2018, 03:44 PM
This is not a "poll". It is a rating system designed to determine who the best team is based on stats. It is not designed to determine who is most deserving of a particular ranking.

If the goal of this isn't to determine who should be ranked where, what's the purpose of it?

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Playoffs:
Bama
Ohio st
Clemson
ND/Texas/OU

And they will get skull dragged just like the rest if they play a SEC team. They were outplayed by Vandy at home and how do you not have UGA in? They are better than all of them except Bama and its not close.

UGA and Bama are vying for number 1. Ohio St is a wanna be

TUSK
10-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, pay NO attention to Token...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let Notre Dame win out... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Bully13
10-11-2018, 04:28 PM
And they will get skull dragged just like the rest if they play a SEC team. They were outplayed by Vandy at home and how do you not have UGA in? They are better than all of them except Bama and its not close.

I'm gonna roll with this for the time being.

msstate7
10-11-2018, 04:47 PM

I don't think you watch much Ohio state. Haskins, dobbins, Weber, Campbell, and Mack are electric with 4 junior/senior oline starters. They will score on everyone they play. Bama and Ohio state both have a lot of improvement to do on the defensive side of the ball. Ohio state is 2nd in the country in sacks with bosa and jones. Ohio state is extremely talented and they have a great coach. They're hardly a "wanna be"

Howboutdemdogs
10-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Why Sagarins? Well, it is important to note is that Sagarins is an unbiased mathematical system. The algorithm is statistically based, so their ratings do not have human opinions or emotions like all other rankings. Also, what is important to us is the fact that Vegas uses it as it's starting point on establishing point spreads. (It is not the only determinant in the lines, but very important)

The basic Vegas spread is the difference between two teams ratings, plus 2.5 added to the home team. Example - Team A has a rating of 80 and Team B has a rating of 70 and Team A is the home team. Therefore; 80-70 =10 ,,,,,, 10+2.5 =12.5....so the opening line would be around a -12.5 point spread for Team A.

msstate7
10-12-2018, 06:32 AM
Delete

smootness
10-12-2018, 09:46 AM

No one is on Bama's level, including UGA. I think OSU is better than UGA right now. And I think Clemson still has room to improve and could be right there with them by the end of the year. UGA's issue is that they'll likely lose at least to Bama, and if these other schools win their conference, especially if they do so undefeated, they'll probably get in over UGA.

Token Bammer
10-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, pay NO attention to Token...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let Notre Dame win out... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

You don't hate Notre Dame enough iyam. I'll be watching you....

biggun
10-12-2018, 11:37 AM

You forgot to add ?*************? at the end, lol!