PDA

View Full Version : Reporting in from Aggieland

Will James
04-13-2013, 05:07 PM
The bars here put Starkville to shame. Went to the Chicken and Obannons last night. Hurricane Harry's tonight. Northgate is what Starkville lacks. 15 or so good bars (not capacity 12 like CD ones) in a strip. Man that was fun.

Oh yes we are here for baseball too. Last nights atmosphere was awesome. No damn commercials, they run the game right. Pollo battled again and we used Holder like we should. He's a beast. So is Renfroe. Holy hell I keep telling the Aggies around me not to pitch to him. It's a fun weekend when he is on. We Had a few warning track shots that are gone in most parks (Slauter and CT)

Today the bats came ALIVE! When we're on we are a very strong squad. Glad to see everyone pulling in the right direction. Detz showing his power. Frazier being a leadoff hitter. Hunter being Hunter. Great day for baseball.

A strong Lindgren and complete bullpen means the prophesy should come to pass tomorrow. TAM plays soft. They can't match our intensity or drive. I called this one a month ago just by seeing how they approach the game. 6-3 W tomorrow and then the long journey back to Starkpatch.

hailmari
04-13-2013, 05:16 PM
It doesn't take much to shame our bars, to be honest.

Coach34
04-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Good stuff Will- thanks

dickiedawg
04-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Wow- a city of 97,000 and home to a university of 53,000 has more and better bars than Starkville? Stop the freaking presses.

ghostofjackie
04-13-2013, 07:17 PM
I didn't know you were a baseball fan Will.

swdawg
04-13-2013, 08:12 PM
OK Ghost, you made me laugh.

I didn't know you were a baseball fan Will.

The Croom Diaries
04-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Wow- a city of 97,000 and home to a university of 53,000 has more and better bars than Starkville? Stop the freaking presses.

I've enjoyed reading this board because it's not filled with smart ass stuff like that. Let's not start migrating towards the pack just yet please.

Will James
04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
I've enjoyed reading this board because it's not filled with smart ass stuff like that. Let's not start migrating towards the pack just yet please.

Yup.

Coach34
04-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow- a city of 97,000 and home to a university of 53,000 has more and better bars than Starkville? .

But Starkville doesnt do anything to help itself out either. Starkville needs some type of strip of 10-12 places where people can go to hang out instead of having to drive around town from bar to bar

BeastMan
04-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Exactly Coach. Starkville could do much better in the nightlife department by getting places closer like you said. Something like Tiger Land in Baton Rogue

ghostofjackie
04-13-2013, 11:13 PM

It doesn't matter, when somebody says something stupid or irrelevant they will get called out.

hailmari
04-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Our bars need personality too, there's barely a difference between any of the Cotton District bars as far as "feel" goes.. Blues bar, piano bar, jazz bar, just something that stands out.

Will James
04-14-2013, 02:30 AM
Our bars need personality too, there's barely a difference between any of the Cotton District bars as far as "feel" goes.. Blues bar, piano bar, jazz bar, just something that stands out.

Just in from Harry's. That's wnst we need. Holy Shit. Fun as hell. Will report in tomorrow night. WJ signing out.

Hump4Hoops
04-14-2013, 07:49 AM

Let's keep the crybaby stuff to a minimum please.