PDA

View Full Version : LSU's defensive line issues

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 12:37 PM
I noticed on their board that LSU has only played 5 DLinemen in 5 of their 6 games this year. If we had a game where we dictated the time of possession like the Auburn game, we would have them collapsing by the 4th quarter.

Also it seems that their defense lacks the ability to get pressure on the QB. These are all good tendencies for our matchup. I hope we stay in the 70/30 rush/pass ratio.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/we-play-5-dl/79358595/

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:46 PM
If we use the game plan against auburn, we will be in the game. We should take some shots downfield once the running game gets going. DO NOT challenge LSU secondary with straight drop backs

TNDawg35
10-10-2018, 12:46 PM
They have one good rusher in I believe is a safety (#9), then have prolly one of the best backers in the country. They like to send #9 on a lot of blitzes. If I’m not mistaken, he leads them in sacks.

I honestly think we beat them. I was hoping they would stay ranked high for our game.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see Guidry get some wr screens in this game

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 12:52 PM
They have one good rusher in I believe is a safety (#9), then have prolly one of the best backers in the country. They like to send #9 on a lot of blitzes. If I’m not mistaken, he leads them in sacks.

I honestly think we beat them. I was hoping they would stay ranked high for our game.

I think we are definitely CAPABLE of winning. Like msstate7 said, we absolutely cannot believe that we can stand in the pocket and throw downfield on them. Greedy would thrive on that. We must run at a high percentage to win and sprinkle in some quick decision passes.

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 12:54 PM
and if we have a 3rd and long, I'd love to see a delayed RB screen pass. We could have torched KY several times in the second half if we had used their aggressiveness to our advantage.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 01:00 PM
My biggest worries vs LSU are Devin White wrecking our running game & Aranda scheming us out of being able to run the football.

If we can neutralize both of those concerns to a level of just not losing the game for us, then I think we stand a great chance to win.

I agree with running some screens for Guidry. Since he is from Baton Rouge, I think he is going to be hell on wheels in that game if we'll give him the chance

RougeDawg
10-10-2018, 01:15 PM
I think we are definitely CAPABLE of winning. Like msstate7 said, we absolutely cannot believe that we can stand in the pocket and throw downfield on them. Greedy would thrive on that. We must run at a high percentage to win and sprinkle in some quick decision passes.

As I stated after being in attendance for the LSU auburn game last month, any team with a mobile QB who is a threat to run, would beat those two defenses. The reason LSU beat Auburn was because they could commit and extra person to the pass rush, instead of account for the QB run. If either LSU or auburn had had a Mobile QB, they win that game easy and a last second FG never comes into account

We stick to Auburn gameplan and we will get the same result.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 01:21 PM
If we use the game plan against auburn, we will be in the game. We should take some shots downfield once the running game gets going. DO NOT challenge LSU secondary with straight drop backs

Auburn had all game and half time to adjust to what we were doing and they could not. I don't think LSU will either. Moorhead had them confused all night.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 01:23 PM
My biggest worries vs LSU are Devin White wrecking our running game & Aranda scheming us out of being able to run the football.

If we can neutralize both of those concerns to a level of just not losing the game for us, then I think we stand a great chance to win.

I agree with running some screens for Guidry. Since he is from Baton Rouge, I think he is going to be hell on wheels in that game if we'll give him the chance

Moorhead will out coach Aranda. Two weeks to prepare a offense. He schooled Auburn's DC. Plus LSU defense is going to take a pounding this weekend. They might be bruised up a good bit. If so our O-Line is going to pound on them even more.

TrapGame
10-10-2018, 01:45 PM
If we run the ball just as well on LSU I'm gonna be really impressed with this offense. Even after facing UGA this will be a salty LSU defense.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 02:32 PM
If we run the ball just as well on LSU I'm gonna be really impressed with this offense. Even after facing UGA this will be a salty LSU defense.

Shouldn't be any more salty tha Auburn's.

The biggest concern could honestly be pre snap penalties on the road.

False starts are kryptonite to a power run scheme

msstate7
10-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Some of auburn was probably surprise. We did some things we haven't shown before them. Our oline had quiet too. Hopefully the presnap penalties aren't back on the road

Saltydog
10-10-2018, 02:40 PM
just couldn't stop it.

drunkernhelldawg
10-10-2018, 02:46 PM

I did miss hearing Guidry's name in the Auburn game. He's gonna be starving by Saturday week. Gotta feed him.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2018, 02:49 PM

Yeah Auburns front 7, especially the DL is considered elite.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 02:52 PM
just couldn't stop it.

In game, yeah. Before the game though, no way they knew we were gonna put that rb motion wrinkle in and run 80% of the time

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Moorhead will out coach Aranda. Two weeks to prepare a offense. He schooled Auburn's DC. Plus LSU defense is going to take a pounding this weekend. They might be bruised up a good bit. If so our O-Line is going to pound on them even more.

Wish our game was on Thursday night instead of Sat.

Political Hack
10-10-2018, 04:41 PM
I think UGA is about to rip them a new one.

tireddawg
10-10-2018, 07:52 PM
just couldn't stop it.

Didn't steel say they were confused?

Bully13
10-10-2018, 09:36 PM
ERY Body's over rated after MSU Croom's 'em.

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 09:51 PM
They have one good rusher in I believe is a safety (#9), then have prolly one of the best backers in the country. They like to send #9 on a lot of blitzes. If I?m not mistaken, he leads them in sacks.

Devin White is good no doubt. But his best asset that I've seen is his speed. If we go right at him that negates that. It is going to be a dogfight.

I do think them coming off of the stretch theyve been on has to help us. They have played Auburn, La Tech, UF and UGA then us all in a row. We will be coming off a bye.

Im not a big believer in bye weeks helping you but maybe it will this time. If we dont run the MoorRaid we will be fine

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 09:52 PM

Would be nice to get him involved in some quick game

yjnkdawg
10-11-2018, 11:20 PM
In game, yeah. Before the game though, no way they knew we were gonna put that rb motion wrinkle in and run 80% of the time

They had no clue that JoeMo was going to do that as you said. It was in JoeMo's offensive scheme he brought with him to MSU, he just hadn't shown it yet.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2018, 11:36 PM
You could tell that our unexpected running back motion offense really confused Auburn. I think if we don't show that we have some type of passing game, that LSU will load the box until we can show we can at least complete a few passes. I don't know if the run pass ratio that was used against Auburn will work against LSU. I don't think JoeMo is going to use the same plan, as Auburn, some similarities , but not exactly the same plan. I think the offensive plan against Auburn, was designed specifically for the Auburn defense.

TrapGame
10-12-2018, 09:41 AM
You could tell that our unexpected running back motion offense really confused Auburn. I think if we don't show that we have some type of passing game, that LSU will load the box until we can show we can at least complete a few passes. I don't know if the run pass ratio that was used against Auburn will work against LSU. I don't think JoeMo is going to use the same plan, as Auburn, some similarities , but not exactly the same plan. I think the offensive plan against Auburn, was designed specifically for the Auburn defense.

But didn't Auburn start loading the box? They knew we were going to run the ball and still couldn't stop us. Our OL was built to RTDB.

msbulldog
10-12-2018, 12:32 PM
If their playing with a limited amount of Dlinemen, let them load the box we will wear them down.

msstate7
10-12-2018, 12:36 PM
If their playing with a limited amount of Dlinemen, let them load the box we will wear them down.

And throw in some wr screens to make em run

DownwardDawg
10-12-2018, 12:43 PM

People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We’ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.

TrapGame
10-12-2018, 02:35 PM
People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We’ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.

^^^THIS^^^

Cowbell
10-12-2018, 08:43 PM
People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We?ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.

I listened to most of this game using our broadcast and Matt Wyatt was nearly laughing at one point due to the amount of times auburn put 9 men in the box and we still got 4+.

Bully13
10-12-2018, 09:13 PM
I listened to most of this game using our broadcast and Matt Wyatt was nearly laughing at one point due to the amount of times auburn put 9 men in the box and we still got 4+.

I like hearing stories like this. Preach.