PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Devonta Jason?

msudawglb
10-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Didn?t he get hurt? Will we see him play this season? We seem to be sucking at WR.

BhamDawg205
10-10-2018, 01:31 AM
Word is Getsy does feel he's ready yet.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Get this crap out of here

Dawgology
10-10-2018, 07:23 AM

Well, he was hurt in fall practice and then he dissappeared. So what proabably has happened is he has had an injury that has slowed down his development as a freshman. Has anyone seen him on the sideline? Probably just redshirting, healing up, and learning how to play WR in college. He will be a good one for us.

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Well, he was hurt in fall practice and then he dissappeared. So what proabably has happened is he has had an injury that has slowed down his development as a freshman. Has anyone seen him on the sideline? Probably just redshirting, healing up, and learning how to play WR in college. He will be a good one for us.

I guess I figured he would heal up and get to play at some point. He has 4 games and keep his redshirt.

Homedawg
10-10-2018, 07:34 AM
I guess I figured he would heal up and get to play at some point. He has 4 games and keep his redshirt.

Too late for that. Already played in too many

msstate7
10-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Word is Getsy does feel he's ready yet.

LSU passed on David and Guidry. Their evaluation and ability to get great WRs in a crappy offense is amazing

louisvilledawg
10-10-2018, 07:59 AM
LSU passed on David and Guidry. Their evaluation and ability to get great WRs in a crappy offense is amazing

David?

msstate7
10-10-2018, 08:15 AM
David?

Him too haha

defiantdog
10-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Whop has played in every game. He and Marcus Murphy have been on every kick off. He's not redshirting. He'll be a huge factor once he fully catches up to the speed of the SEC.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Whop has played in every game. He and Marcus Murphy have been on every kick off. He's not redshirting. He'll be a huge factor once he fully catches up to the speed of the SEC.

This. The guy has all the measurables and is talented.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 08:41 AM

You calling whop and Guidry busts after 6 games is equally as shitty as LSU's crappy offense. Especially since we have a QB that can't hit water while standing in the ocean and one of the 2 WRs is a true freshman that has seen one target all year long which he caught for 25 yards.

I seen it dawg
10-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Some of you really have no clue. Just throwing shit against the wall but thanks I guess. Click an ad. Whop is fine.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 08:49 AM
You calling whop and Guidry busts after 6 games is equally as shitty as LSU's crappy offense. Especially since we have a QB that can't hit water while standing in the ocean and one of the 2 WRs is a true freshman that has seen one target all year long which he caught for 25 yards.

Jason is a freshman; he's certainly not a bust yet. Guidry needs to come on or he's close imo... he had what 30 catches his whole juco career? He has 10 catches and at least 6 drops

msstate7
10-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Some of you really have no clue. Just throwing shit against the wall but thanks I guess. Click an ad. Whop is fine.

You said he would be sec ready day 1

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Jason is a freshman; he's certainly not a bust yet. Guidry needs to come on or he's close imo... he had what 30 catches his whole juco career? He has 10 catches and at least 6 drops

What's his juco career have to do with it? He's our 2nd leading WR in a shitty passing offense.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 08:58 AM
What's his juco career have to do with it? He's our 2nd leading WR in a shitty passing offense.

Maybe if he caught the balls in his hands, he'd be our leading receiver. Sorry I expect WRs to catch balls in their hands at this level. Fitz certainly has his issues passing, but if the ball is there, wr should catch it.

tcdog70
10-10-2018, 09:07 AM

I would think that if you are a NFL talent you would catch more that 30 passes in a JUCO career. I was dubious of Guidry after watching his highlight film. If he is a 50-50 WR then He should catch the remainder because He hasn't caught one yet. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Hope he turns it around.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Maybe if he caught the balls in his hands, he'd be our leading receiver. Sorry I expect WRs to catch balls in their hands at this level. Fitz certainly has his issues passing, but if the ball is there, wr should catch it.

Didn't realize we had Adam Thielen on the bench.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 09:22 AM
I would think that if you are a NFL talent you would catch more that 30 passes in a JUCO career. I was dubious of Guidry after watching his highlight film. If he is a 50-50 WR then He should catch the remainder because He hasn't caught one yet. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Hope he turns it around.

30 catches isn't really telling the full story though. That's 30 catches in only 8 games with 5 touchdowns and he averaged nearly 70 yards a game. Why he only played 8 games who knows but he was productive in those 8 games.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 09:25 AM
I guess we needed a entirely new subject to bitch about this week

msstate7
10-10-2018, 09:29 AM
30 catches isn't really telling the full story though. That's 30 catches in only 8 games with 5 touchdowns and he averaged nearly 70 yards a game. Why he only played 8 games who knows but he was productive in those 8 games.

Wasn't he 3rd leading wr on hinds? Preacher said not to get hopes up on Guidry after watching him play at hinds. He could've been right. Guidry on the surface is just what we need... long, fast guy that can get open. If you can't catch though, you're useless

msstate7
10-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Guidry's attitude is poor. He lost me when he tweeted during halftime of our first game while we were up big. We then gave him more chances like he wanted, and it's 50/50 if he catches a catchable ball

msudawglb
10-10-2018, 09:35 AM

Goodness, I never intended this thread to go down a negative path. I had no idea that he's been playing on special teams. I am however surprised that he's not redshirting while not getting any time at WR.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Goodness, I never intended this thread to go down a negative path. I had no idea that he's been playing on special teams. I am however surprised that he's not redshirting while not getting any time at WR.

Now that I think about it, that is interesting. He may just not wanna RS

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Guidry's attitude is poor. He lost me when he tweeted during halftime of our first game while we were up big. We then gave him more chances like he wanted, and it's 50/50 if he catches a catchable ball

Did he tweet or make an instagram post though cause I have yet to see that evidence provided still.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Sorry but you don't know Guidry.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Sorry but you don't know Guidry.

So, who was wearing his jersey dropping those balls?

You have praised him non-stop all offseason and into the season. I just don't see how it is remotely warranted

msstate7
10-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Next Saturday will be the halfway point of the sec season. Guidry needs to get it going next Saturday night... he has 4 catches 54 yards in 3 sec games so far. There is no doubt he could turn it on bc he is very athletic. He just has to catch the ball. Mitchell has doubled guidry's sec production (10 catches 123 yds); this shouldn't be

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 10:15 AM
So, who was wearing his jersey dropping those balls?

You have praised him non-stop all offseason and into the season. I just don't see how it is remotely warranted

1. You questioned his attitude & I responded that you don't know him. That has nothing to do with how many balls he has dropped. I don't know Guidry, but that's why I don't talk shit about people I don't know unless it's clearly obvious that they have bad makeup on the field, which Guidry has not shown. Have you seen anything on the field that leads you to believe he has a poor attitude?

2. I praised his talent, which I still believe in. I did not expect him to have so much trouble catching the ball, but every WR that has played for us, while Fitz has been the QB, has had trouble catching the ball. Not completely blaming Fitz, but it should be fairly obvious by now that he throws a very difficult ball for guys to catch. Secondly, he's a JUCO guy. Vick Ballard is the only offensive JUCO player that I can remember being good in the first 6 games of his D1 career at MSU. Give him time. He is talented. He has the tools & ingredients to be a legitimate weapon.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Next Saturday will be the halfway point of the sec season. Guidry needs to get it going next Saturday night... he has 4 catches 54 yards in 3 sec games so far. There is no doubt he could turn it on bc he is very athletic. He just has to catch the ball. Mitchell has doubled guidry's sec production (10 catches 123 yds); this shouldn't be

Guidry gets covered differently than Mitchell because DCs know who is talented & who is not by watching film.

Agree about him playing well at LSU though. I think he's going to be highly motivated for that game & will make a difference.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Who is Whop? I can’t keep up with all the nicknames.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Lol! Rep Given!

msstate7
10-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Who is Whop? I can’t keep up with all the nicknames.

Jason, freshman wr

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Since the thread has petered out a little, I thought I'd give the bitcher's something else to bitch about....

So far in juco, our two signees from last year are currently ranked 10th and 31st out of 50 ranked WR's in yards per game.

Johnquarise Patterson is 10th with 26 catches, 237 yards, 47 yards per game. That's an avg of 9.1 yards per catch.
Malik Heath is 31st with 15 catches, 190 yards, 31.7 yards per game. That's an avg of 12.7 yards per catch.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Since the thread has petered out a little, I thought I'd give the bitcher's something else to bitch about....

So far in juco, our two signees from last year are currently ranked 10th and 31st out of 50 ranked WR's in yards per game.

Johnquarise Patterson is 10th with 26 catches, 237 yards, 47 yards per game. That's an avg of 9.1 yards per catch.
Malik Heath is 31st with 15 catches, 190 yards, 31.7 yards per game. That's an avg of 12.7 yards per catch.

Awesome. We'll have a good influx of talent in 2020

msstate7
10-10-2018, 11:52 AM

I've never actually seen Patterson play, but I heard he was the best wr in the state last year. Hopefully everything goes to plan and we get him on campus

TrapGame
10-10-2018, 11:53 AM
I predict an explosion of WR performance next year. Guidry and Whop with a year under their belts plus Key passes better than Fitz.

Cowboydawg
10-10-2018, 11:54 AM
I haven?t seen it reported anywhere yet but Patterson was recently kicked off them team at Jones.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 11:55 AM
I haven?t seen it reported anywhere yet but Patterson was recently kicked off them team at Jones.

Wow...

msstate7
10-10-2018, 11:58 AM
I predict an explosion of WR performance next year. Guidry and Whop with a year under their belts plus Key passes better than Fitz.

Not sure whop takes Mitchell's spot.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 12:00 PM
I'll say this:

I'm not sure why Whop isn't playing more because we need a physical presence at WR. If the WRs can't get open, then we need a bigger body that can make a play.

I'm just not sure why Whop doesn't fit that role or what the issue is.

He's more talented that Mitchell & Williams & should be the guy we are throwing to over middle.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:05 PM
I'll say this:

I'm not sure why Whop isn't playing more because we need a physical presence at WR. If the WRs can't get open, then we need a bigger body that can make a play.

I'm just not sure why Whop doesn't fit that role or what the issue is.

He's more talented that Mitchell & Williams & should be the guy we are throwing to over middle.

You think we're sitting whop even though he's better than Mitchell? Maybe Mitchell is better. 10 of Mitchell's 13 catches are in conference, and he's avg 12.3 yards on those catches

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2018, 12:10 PM
You think we're sitting whop even though he's better than Mitchell? Maybe Mitchell is better

You have a really bad habit of twisting words into something that wasn't said. I'm not sure if you are trying to do it or if it's because you don't realize you're doing it.

I didn't say the Whop was better that Mitchell. In fact, I'm fairly certain that since the coaches see them both in practice everyday, that coaches believe Mitchell is currently better in our offense. What I said is that Whop was more "talented", which is not the same thing as better. Perhaps Whop doesn't understand the offense, perhaps he's not 100%, perhaps he struggles to catch the ball in practice, etc. I do not know.

My point was that Whop is a big, physical bodied guy that would seem to be the type of WR we need to make some plays. Why that is not happening, I have no clue.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Jason, freshman wr

Thanks

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:19 PM
You have a really bad habit of twisting words into something that wasn't said. I'm not sure if you are trying to do it or if it's because you don't realize you're doing it.

I didn't say the Whop was better that Mitchell. In fact, I'm fairly certain that since the coaches see them both in practice everyday, that coaches believe Mitchell is currently better in our offense. What I said is that Whop was more "talented", which is not the same thing as better. Perhaps Whop doesn't understand the offense, perhaps he's not 100%, perhaps he struggles to catch the ball in practice, etc. I do not know.

My point was that Whop is a big, physical bodied guy that would seem to be the type of WR we need to make some plays. Why that is not happening, I have no clue.

Maybe the talent was overstated some. It is very odd that we're playing him on special teams if he's a future game changer at wr. We will never out talent bama, so we have to shoot for getting them with more experience. If Jason is a supremely talented wr, makes no sense to not RS if he isn't playing wr

hacker
10-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Maybe the talent was overstated some. It is very odd that we're playing him on special teams if he's a future game changer at wr. We will never out talent bama, so we have to shoot for getting them with more experience. If Jason is a supremely talented wr, makes no sense to not RS if he isn't playing wr

He's a damn true freshman. Marcus Murphy is also playing special teams and not redshirting. It's way too early to suggest that his talent may have been overstated.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:30 PM
He's a damn true freshman. Marcus Murphy is also playing special teams and not redshirting. It's way too early to suggest that his talent may have been overstated.

Perhaps... certainly could be. If the talent is real though, rather RS him and Murphy. Again, experience is our only shot to win the west. Mullen had the correct idea, but he just needed more talent. We need to be a RS program

hacker
10-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Perhaps... certainly could be. If the talent is real though, rather RS him and Murphy. Again, experience is our only shot to win the west.

By the same logic, you could say "maybe the talent of the entire last recruiting cycle was overstated" since none of them are making an impact yet. Or what about, "maybe Tua's talent was overstated" since he didn't make an impact last year. Sure, you can say that, but it's not really saying much.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 12:40 PM
By the same logic, you could say "maybe the talent of the entire last recruiting cycle was overstated" since none of them are making an impact yet. Or what about, "maybe Tua's talent was overstated" since he didn't make an impact last year. Sure, you can say that, but it's not really saying much.

Tua played in 9 games last season. Here's his stats...

49/77 (63.6) 636 yds 11 td. 2 int 174.97 rating

Tua led the sec in rating last season, but didn't qualify.

In the sec this season, there are 6 wr's in the top 50 in rec yds/game (12%). There were 6 last year too. Freshmen play in the sec at wr. We currently only have 1 player in the top 50 of that stat, Mitchell.

MedDawg
10-10-2018, 12:50 PM
David?

David Jones, 5'3", 130 pounds. Recruited by State to play WR, passed on by LSU, went on to sing with the Monkees.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Maybe the true freshman doesn't understand the playbook yet. Nobody else does.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Maybe the true freshman doesn't understand the playbook yet. Nobody else does.

Hopefully this is the case. Still rather RS him

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Hopefully this is the case. Still rather RS him

I don't think we're gonna see many RS's the first couple seasons under Moorhead. Just my gut. When the roster is fully his guys he'll start RS more dudes.

defiantdog
10-10-2018, 03:18 PM
You redshirt guys who you know are going to be there 5 years, not guys who have the potential of leaving early.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 03:25 PM
You redshirt guys who you know are going to be there 5 years, not guys who have the potential of leaving early.

Then shouldn't he be getting in games at wr then?

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Then shouldn't he be getting in games at wr then?

Whose losing reps for him?

msstate7
10-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Whose losing reps for him?

Do you think we have a wr group full of future pros? Seems if we have a future pro, he'd be out there.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Do you think we have a wr group full of future pros? Seems if we have a future pro, he'd be out there.

Again who are you benching? I don't think whop not seeing the field much is the problem with our passing offense at all.

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Because of his upside I hope we see Whop more and more on offense during the second half of the year. Same with Marcus Murphy except on the defensive side of the ball of course.

And every year it seems like there is a freshman or two that kind of emerge during the second half of the year- hopefully for us it's Guidry, Whop, and Murphy.

Todd4State
10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Again who are you benching? I don't think whop not seeing the field much is the problem with our passing offense at all.

Honestly- Mitchell. I don't know if he has the confidence to play SEC receiver at a high level. Maybe he will get it turned around but dropping that ball against Florida clearly affected him.

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Honestly- Mitchell. I don't know if he has the confidence to play SEC receiver at a high level. Maybe he will get it turned around but dropping that ball against Florida clearly affected him.

I could see Austin as an argument but not our leading WR. Sorry.

yjnkdawg
10-10-2018, 04:57 PM

You are clueless on Guidry, and if that instagram post (not tweet) had been that big of deal, then JoeMo would have benched him the next game.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 05:00 PM
You are clueless on Guidry, and if that instagram post (not tweet) had been that big of deal, then JoeMo would have benched him the next game.

Didn't he threaten to leave the whole offseason?

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Didn't he threaten to leave the whole offseason?

Why are you stirring up drama? Watch QVC for a couple hours instead bruh.

msstate7
10-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Why are you stirring up drama? Watch QVC for a couple hours instead bruh.

Get me some Christmas shopping done. Might not be a bad idea

msstate7
10-10-2018, 05:17 PM

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?66663-Is-Guidry-trying-to-quit-again&highlight=Guidry

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?65870-Whats-The-Deal-With-Guidry&highlight=Guidry

He has been nonstop drama

tcdog70
10-10-2018, 08:02 PM

Did you watch his high light clip. I didn't see any70 yards a agame. Where did you get this info?

tcdog70
10-10-2018, 08:09 PM

Check this and see if you are blown away?

https://youtu.be/xotY5TyPL9A

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Guidry gets covered differently than Mitchell because DCs know who is talented & who is not by watching film.

Agree about him playing well at LSU though. I think he's going to be highly motivated for that game & will make a difference.

Haha there is no reason why a DC should be having to gameplan for Guidry. He has done nothing to warrant that. Not saying he wont by seasons end but they arent right now and if they are they are stupid. I wouldnt. Show me dont tell me

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;1007633]I've never actually seen Patterson play, but I heard he was the best wr in the state last year. Hopefully everything goes to plan and we get him on campus[/QUOTE

That is debatable at best. He has legit speed but he ran bubbles key screens fade and slant.

Hes going to be very raw but he has SEC speed.

BuckyIsAB****
10-10-2018, 09:47 PM

He looked good the other night. I think you are reaching here. Its between him Thomas and one of the TEs for our best receiver at this point

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Did you watch his high light clip. I didn't see any70 yards a agame. Where did you get this info?

Google Stephen Guidry juco stats