PDA

View Full Version : Man, Grand Isle is flooded over...

BeastMan
10-09-2018, 10:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/kXJdp2my/4_C141_AC0-_D6_DD-4_D74-82_EE-9_FF5_C783_F759.png

Sad post but look at Grand Isle flooded over simply by Michael pushing water northwest. We?re talking 432 miles away. That whole island is 1 hurricane semi direct hit away from being wiped off the map. Gotta keep going every year because it ain?t gonna be there my whole lifetime.

Howboutdemdogs
10-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Wow! You are so right about Grand Isle. Great place to fish and great people too.

BeastMan
10-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Wow! You are so right about Grand Isle. Great place to fish and great people too.

I was down that way this weekend and it’s not just GI. Everything south of the levee had high water. We launched at the old bayou blue marina in LaRose and it the water was way up in the parking lot. Combination of high tides, consistent south/se winds, and Michael pushes some water that way.

Duckdawg
10-16-2018, 10:39 AM
My camper in Leeville had water under it from Sunday til Wednesday. We had water in the parking lot both Saturday and Sunday last weekend at high tide. Fishing was good though.

BeastMan
10-16-2018, 02:06 PM
My camper in Leeville had water under it from Sunday til Wednesday. We had water in the parking lot both Saturday and Sunday last weekend at high tide. Fishing was good though.

I love fishing high water. I go in to redfish mode

BeastMan
10-16-2018, 03:13 PM

I love fishing high water. I go in to redfish mode

parabrave
10-19-2018, 11:15 AM
I was down that way this weekend and it’s not just GI. Everything south of the levee had high water. We launched at the old bayou blue marina in LaRose and it the water was way up in the parking lot. Combination of high tides, consistent south/se winds, and Michael pushes some water that way.

Don't forget to add in levees contributing to higher water. Ever since they built the nee high levees we have had higher storm surges on the coast. Water got to go somewhere.