PDA

View Full Version : Is Fitz better then Tebow?

Jack Lambert
10-09-2018, 10:30 AM
What you say?

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Physically I think they are close, but the intangibles aren't. Also, Tebow had a long release but he was somewhat accurate. Certainly more accurate than Fitz.

Although, it would be interesting to see Fitz surrounded by the talent Tebow had.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 10:34 AM
I love Fitz but no.

Lord McBuckethead
10-09-2018, 10:36 AM
No. Tebow had a better supporting cast and Mullen lazer focused on offensive coordinating, which made him better and the offense more dynamic.

West Tn Dawg
10-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Fitz, better running.
Tebow, slightly better passing. I think Fitz could be as good passing if he would learn to put some touch on the ball instead of throwing fastballs all the time!

Lord McBuckethead
10-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Tebow, Newton, and Johnny Football are probably the the three best college qbs I have seen personally. All three possibly trumped by Tua if he continues to do what he is doing against better defenses.

Dawg61
10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Lol I love Fitz but it's not even close. Tebow is a top 5 CFB all-time.

Leroy Jenkins
10-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Not even close..... and Tebow would honor his bets.

confucius say
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Yes. Better runner. As good of a passer. Tebow had elite college offensive players around him. His wr were always open. Fitz has never had a Harvin or Hernandez or even a Riley Cooper type playmaker.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Wow. I’m a little surprised by the responses. Or I don’t recall Tebow’s career correctly.

I recall Tebow wasn’t much of a passer. Inaccurate.

I’m not sure Fitz has Tebow’s focused but I would say all the physical tools are the same. Running and throwing. I would say it is impossible to compare because Tebow had national championship talent around him.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Wow. I’m a little surprised by the responses. Or I don’t recall Tebow’s career correctly.

I recall Tebow wasn’t much of a passer. Inaccurate.

I’m not sure Fitz has Tebow’s focused but I would say all the physical tools are the same. Running and throwing. I would say it is impossible to compare because Tebow had national championship talent around him.

Tebow was an NFL QB and won a playoff game.

He wasn't super accurate but a good bit more than Fitz

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Tebow completed 66.4% of his passes in college and 88 Td to 16 Ints. I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 11:00 AM
It would have been interesting to see Fitz surrounded by the talent Tebow had around him though. Fitz might've run for 6000 yards.

Matty Dispatch
10-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Tebow threw 88 touchdown passes, 16 INT and 9,285 yards. After he left Florida fell off a cliff.
Fitz has 43 touchdown passes, 24 INT and 5,149 yards.

3-4 years from now it will be interesting to see which team had more NFL talent: 2009 Gators or 2018 Bulldogs. The difference probably won't be enough to justify the difference in records between the two teams.

Fitz is a great college player - he's faster and quicker than Tebow. But Tebow was stronger, a better passer and a legendary leader.

thf24
10-09-2018, 11:06 AM
If Fitz had multiple guys to throw to like Cooper and Hernandez who were always open and caught everything within 3 feet of them, I don't think it's a stretch to say his career completion percentage would be above 60. I still think Tebow was a little more accurate though, especially when it counted most.

BuckyIsAB****
10-09-2018, 11:08 AM
No. I love Fitz but no

bluelightstar
10-09-2018, 11:10 AM
...No.

MStateDawg
10-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Or I don?t recall Tebow?s career correctly.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*2006 Florida SEC FR QB 14 22 33 66.7 358 10.8 12.5 5 1 201.7
*2007 Florida SEC SO QB 13 234 350 66.9 3286 9.4 10.4 32 6 172.5
*2008 Florida SEC JR QB 14 192 298 64.4 2746 9.2 10.6 30 4 172.4
*2009 Florida SEC SR QB 14 213 314 67.8 2895 9.2 9.8 21 5 164.2
Career Florida 661 995 66.4 9285 9.3 10.4 88 16 170.8

Tebows worst completion percentage season was 64.4%. That season he threw 30 TDs and 4 INTs

confucius say
10-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Tebow threw 88 touchdown passes, 16 INT and 9,285 yards. After he left Florida fell off a cliff.
Fitz has 43 touchdown passes, 24 INT and 5,149 yards.

3-4 years from now it will be interesting to see which team had more NFL talent: 2009 Gators or 2018 Bulldogs. The difference probably won't be enough to justify the difference in records between the two teams.

Fitz is a great college player - he's faster and quicker than Tebow. But Tebow was stronger, a better passer and a legendary leader.

Fitz is shattering Tebow's rushing records.

Tebow had better passing numbers because he played with multiple NFL wr/te, guys who started in NFL for multiple years. All 4 skill guys off the 2009 team played multiple years in NFL (Hernandez, cooper, Nelson, and Thompson). Also played behind the Pouncey twins and Gilbert, all three of whom are decade-long NFL starters on the OL. Tebow had way more offensive skill NFL talent than Fitz.

And all 11 starters off FL defense in 2009 played in NFL according to wiki (damn!!). Not practice squad, actually played.

Johnson85
10-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Nahhh. It's a lot closer than the stats show because Tebow had wayyyyyy better receivers to work with.

I think Fitz could have been better had chips fallen a little bit differently. Fitz was a better runner. If he had played QB in high school before his senior year, Mullen stayed for his senior year, avoided the ankle injury, and had a solid wide receiver corps all three years he started, and I think he would have gotten the passing reps to develop into roughly as good of a passer as Tebow. The biggest issue is I think Tebow ate, drank, and breathed football in a way that Fitz doesn't. Nothing wrong with that; most players don't, but that let Tebow take his leadership to a different level also.

DownwardDawg
10-09-2018, 11:50 AM
Tebow, Newton, and Johnny Football are probably the the three best college qbs I have seen personally. All three possibly trumped by Tua if he continues to do what he is doing against better defenses.

Reggie Collier may be the best I've ever watched, until Tua. He's certainly in that list. Tua is ridiculous.

Leroy Jenkins
10-09-2018, 12:04 PM
I don't see how anyone can say Fitz is in the same conversation as Tebow. His most commonly executed pass is a 60 MPH bullet at someone's ankles from 10 yards away. Y'all are blinded by fandom, or the prisoner-of-the-moment-microwave-society.

Stats be damned, what do your eyes tell you? Its Tebow by a mile.

It's no slight to not be as as good as one of the all time best; that doesn't make someone sucks.

parabrave
10-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Reggie Collier may be the best I've ever watched, until Tua. He's certainly in that list. Tua is ridiculous.

I would love to see Reggie play in Todays game. Remember he was the 1st college QB to pass and rush for 1000 yards in one season. And he did that with a rubber collarbone which he tore up in his HS junior year..

Sacrifice
10-09-2018, 12:12 PM
I think Fitz has more pro potential than Tebow did. I'm a Denver fan and Tebow had the arm strength of a wet noodle.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 12:18 PM
At what?

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 12:30 PM
I'm the biggest Fitz homer there is - and even I would say probably not. However, they really are different players.

Tebow actually was a QB who could run, and run well. He threw for 9800+ yards and 95 TDs, and ran for 3100+ yards and 62 TDs in high school in 3 seasons. He was already a QB legend before committing to UF - I know, I had to watch the weekly Tebow love fest on the Jacksonville news every week. They covered him like he played for the Jags. And as noted in the thread, he was surrounded by 4 & 5 star talent.

Fitz was a long-shot project that Dan took a flier on. He was an All-Region WR as a JR, and back up QB in a Triple-Option system, who went to summer camps to learn to play QB for his Senior season. He ran for almost 1,500 yards his senior year and only thew 74 passes for 766 yards and 12 TDs. The fact that this kid worked himself to the level he has, and beat out 3 other more experienced guys to take over the team in 2016 is unreal, and is virtually unprecedented. People say Dak was raw - but Dak was a polished, experienced QB compared to where Fitz was when he walked on campus. Dak had almost 5,000 yards passing in high school and 66 TDs, and had won a State Title.

Our fans think because he hasn't advanced further then he has means that he doesn't work, or hasn't put time in, or is a bad leader. I call BS on that. No way the guy gets to where he is right now without working his ass off. A guy who had thrown less then 100 in game passes comes in as a sophomore and almost single-handedly saves a season going in the shitter in 2016 - beating out 3 other guys - gets there by working his ass off. A guy who, if it hadn't been for a cheap shot probably leads us to a 10 win season last year (no way we lose to OM if Nick doesn't break his ankle), gets there by working his ass off. A guy who comes back from a career threatening injury to get back on the field and learn an entirely new offense, gets there by working his ass off. The kid may be a little immature, may listen to his girlfriend a little too much, may carry himself in a way that rubs some people wrong, may like to party (like every other MSU QB - I saw Sleepy at the Landing many Thursday nights). But, name me any other QB in the country who has come from where Fitz did and has accomplished as much.

parabrave
10-09-2018, 12:32 PM
At what?

TE for the Jacksonville Jags.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 12:36 PM
TE for the Jacksonville Jags.

Well, hell yeah.... Fitz would snatch up that "Matt Jones Award" over Tebow, easyyyyyyyyyy...

parabrave
10-09-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm the biggest Fitz homer there is - and even I would say probably not. However, they really are different players.

Tebow actually was a QB who could run, and run well. He threw for 9800+ yards and 95 TDs, and ran for 3100+ yards and 62 TDs in high school in 3 seasons. He was already a QB legend before committing to UF - I know, I had to watch the weekly Tebow love fest on the Jacksonville news every week. They covered him like he played for the Jags. And as noted in the thread, he was surrounded by 4 & 5 star talent.

Fitz was a long-shot project that Dan took a flier on. He was an All-Region WR as a JR, and back up QB in a Triple-Option system, who went to summer camps to learn to play QB for his Senior season. He ran for almost 1,500 yards his senior year and only thew 74 passes for 766 yards and 12 TDs. The fact that this kid worked himself to the level he has, and beat out 3 other more experienced guys to take over the team in 2016 is unreal, and is virtually unprecedented. People say Dak was raw - but Dak was a polished, experienced QB compared to where Fitz was when he walked on campus. Dak had almost 5,000 yards passing in high school and 66 TDs, and had won a State Title.

Our fans think because he hasn't advanced further then he has means that he doesn't work, or hasn't put time in, or is a bad leader. I call BS on that. No way the guy gets to where he is right now without working his ass off. A guy who had thrown less then 100 in game passes comes in as a sophomore and almost single-handedly saves a season going in the shitter in 2016 - beating out 3 other guys - gets there by working his ass off. A guy who, if it hadn't been for a cheap shot probably leads us to a 10 win season last year (no way we lose to OM if Nick doesn't break his ankle), gets there by working his ass off. A guy who comes back from a career threatening injury to get back on the field and learn an entirely new offense, gets there by working his ass off. The kid may be a little immature, may listen to his girlfriend a little too much, may carry himself in a way that rubs some people wrong, may like to party (like every other MSU QB - I saw Sleepy at the Landing many Thursday nights). But, name me any other QB in the country who has come from where Fitz did and has accomplished as much.

Sleepy?? Heck John Bond for that matter/ If Eddie Horneback had been the QB instead of JB there wouldn't have been much drop off in parting. What were the rumors the night before the Liberty Bowl; some unamed starters were holding up the walls of beale street at 2am.

BeardoMSU
10-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Fant>Eli**

TUSK
10-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Fant>Eli**

You tryin' to trigger me with that "greater than" sign, ain'tcha?

BeardoMSU
10-09-2018, 12:49 PM
You tryin' to trigger me with that "greater than" sign, ain'tcha?

No.

Pit Bull
10-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Physically I think they are close, but the intangibles aren't. Also, Tebow had a long release but he was somewhat accurate. Certainly more accurate than Fitz.

Although, it would be interesting to see Fitz surrounded by the talent Tebow had.

Exactly....Fitz never had near the talent around him Tebow did.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 12:53 PM
No.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again. (used the Italics, too)

Dawg61
10-09-2018, 01:51 PM
I think Fitz has more pro potential than Tebow did. I'm a Denver fan and Tebow had the arm strength of a wet noodle.

Tebow won games. At the end of the day football is about winning not how pretty you pass the ball. Tebow will forever have a winning record as a starting NFL QB and a playoff win as well. Two things that a majority of QBs that ever play in the NFL don't have. I firmly believe that if the Jags had totally bought into Tebow and built a team around him that was defense oriented first with big bruising RBs and WRs mixed in with fast twitch slot guys like Percy Harvin and some hybrid TEs like he had a Florida than they could have had a nice 5-6 year stretch with Tebow at the helm. It doesn't matter now for them as they are now a top 10 NFL franchise but they coulda gotten there quicker with him. Tebow is one of the greatest leaders in any sport all time. I don't think that's up for debate.

Captain Falcon
10-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Tebow won a Heisman and was a finalist two other times. His WR corps, while better then what we have, was not great. Fitz is a Top 5 QB in MSU history, Tebow is a Top 5 all time player in SEC history. I love Fitz but it’s not remotely close.

thf24
10-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Tebow won a Heisman and was a finalist two other times. His WR corps, while better then what we have, was not great. Fitz is a Top 5 QB in MSU history, Tebow is a Top 5 all time player in SEC history. I love Fitz but it?s not remotely close.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Fitz/Tebow, but UF had five WR's and a TE who played on the NC teams drafted. We have one WR, Guidry, who's even on the rader to be drafted right now, and he's got a ton of work to do. The two groups under Fitz and Tebow are about as far apart as the two QB's are.

eta: actually it was two TE's.

Cooterpoot
10-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Fitz is a terrible passing QB. Tebow was considerably better. There's no debate.
I do believe the change in scheme and his injury really hurt him this year though.

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Tebow won a Heisman and was a finalist two other times. His WR corps, while better then what we have, was not great. Fitz is a Top 5 QB in MSU history, Tebow is a Top 5 all time player in SEC history. I love Fitz but it’s not remotely close.

Not great? Lets see who all Tebow had to throw to:

Percy Harvin - 1st round 2009 to the Vikings, 8 years in the NFL
Andre Caldwell - 3rd round 2009 to the Bengals, 8 years in the NFL
Riley Cooper - 5th round 2010 to Eagles, 6 years in the NFL
Louis Murphy - 4th round 2009 to Raiders, 8 years in the NFL
Aaron Hernandez - 4th round 2010 to Pats, 3 years in NFL and would still be playing if he wasn't a murderer
David Nelson - UDF, spent 5 years with Bills and Jets
Deonte Thompson - UDF, 7 years in the NFL - still active with Cowboys

Fitz has thrown to Fred Ross - an UDF who has never been in a game and Jordan Thomas, a 6th round pick who Dan Mullen couldn't figure out how to use.
That is a HUGE difference in quality of receivers.

deadheaddawg
10-09-2018, 04:13 PM
lol no.

Not even close.

fans can be really stupid sometimes

bulldawg28
10-09-2018, 04:27 PM
At what?

Lol... that should be the question. Football wise it's not even a question . Tebow was apart of 2 national title teams, Heisman winner, and ultimate team leader. He wasn't overworked in any activity or curriculum.

hacker
10-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Not great? Lets see who all Tebow had to throw to:

Percy Harvin - 1st round 2009 to the Vikings, 8 years in the NFL
Andre Caldwell - 3rd round 2009 to the Bengals, 8 years in the NFL
Riley Cooper - 5th round 2010 to Eagles, 6 years in the NFL
Louis Murphy - 4th round 2009 to Raiders, 8 years in the NFL
Aaron Hernandez - 4th round 2010 to Pats, 3 years in NFL and would still be playing if he wasn't a murderer

I don't know, he's kinda dead

Leroy Jenkins
10-09-2018, 04:57 PM
How is this 3 pages? Its not even a debate.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sBGw5MruxAyiI/giphy.gif

chef dixon
10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Tebow was never getting stopped on 3rd or 4th and 1.

Also, Fitz sucks so astronomically bad at throwing compared to Tebow. Just look at the numbers, or if youre brave enough to stand it, go watch some film.

Fitz probably only has speed on Tebow realistically.

NWADAWG
10-09-2018, 05:35 PM
That NFL talent thing goes both ways. If Tebow would not have had that receiving talent, he would have had many more running attempts and his total yards would be much higher.

Since Mullen coached both, I wonder what his honest answer would be.

Political Hack
10-09-2018, 08:44 PM
You think there's ever been a thread on a Florida board asking if Nicky Fitz is better than Tebow?

Bully13
10-09-2018, 08:47 PM
This thread is retarded and I have not even gone thru it nor will I.

David Luiz's Afro
10-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Much better at not being a moussed-up bible-thumping douche.

dawgday166
10-09-2018, 09:13 PM
Fitz >>>>> Tua!

TUSK
10-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Fitz >>>>> Tua!

https://i2.wp.com/atkinsontshirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/YOU-CANT-BOIL-THE-OCEAN-e1533760366368.jpg?fit=600%2C600&ssl=1

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:32 PM

Seek Help, You need it.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Just because ya don't use mousse, or practice the religion doesn't mean one isn't a douche, ya Douche.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Just because ya don't use mousse, or practice the religion doesn't mean one isn't a douche, ya Douche.

Rep given!

RougeDawg
10-09-2018, 10:41 PM
You think there's ever been a thread on a Florida board asking if Nicky Fitz is better than Tebow?

So you don?t think Fitz would have better passing numbers if he had just one NFL caliber receiver around him? Multiple that by 3-4 NFL players around him that played multiple seasons and made actual impacts on NFL offenses, and you still don?t think Fitz would have better numbers. Hell Michael Henig would have been considered for all SEC teams, with the talent Florida had when Tebow was there. The ridiculous part is thinking they aren?t even comparable, when one QB had as close to an nfl roster around them as any team we have seen in Recent years. Bama usually has NFL defensive talent, but those Florida teams had NFL starters on both sides of the ball.

Give Fitz one or two of those passing targets and he has numbers close to Tebow in the passing game. Those guys would not play multiple NFL seasons, dropping passes like our receivers have the last 3 years.

ETA. Who thinks Tebow?s passing mechanics were better than Fitz? Tebow?s shit mechanics were covered up by all of those NFL receiving targets. SMMFH at some of these comments lacking the ability to project each QB on the other team with the talent on those Florida teams vs these MSU teams.

deadheaddawg
10-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Yes give fitz nfl receivers and his passing numbers would go up.....but as stated before then Fitz's rushing numbers go down . And the one thing Fitz has done better than tebow in.....well he wouldn't be better at that anymore

Under no circumstance would Fitz have total numbers comparable to tebow. Not even if he played on those Florida teams.

This really is an dumb thread. Very very dumb

TUSK
10-10-2018, 12:14 AM
I'll give Fitz this... He's tough as nails... and when he get beyond the LOS, he has decent speed...

But he's a taller, larger/heavier, slower, physically weaker, less accurate passing version of Jalen Hurts...

Dawg61
10-10-2018, 12:51 AM
I'll give Fitz this... He's tough as nails... and when he get beyond the LOS, he has decent speed...

But he's a taller, larger/heavier, slower, physically weaker, less accurate passing version of Jalen Hurts...

Not buying that Fitz is slower and weaker than Hurts. Everything else you said is correct though. Hurts got benched though because he couldn't stay in the pocket longer than half a second. He may have improved since then but I honestly wouldn't know because I'm not watching Bama games past the 1st quarter.

TUSK
10-10-2018, 01:10 AM
Not buying that Fitz is slower and weaker than Hurts. Everything else you said is correct though. Hurts got benched though because he couldn't stay in the pocket longer than half a second. He may have improved since then but I honestly wouldn't know because I'm not watching Bama games past the 1st quarter.

Hurts is a power lifter/nutso gym rat.... The disparity in strength is not an arguable comparison...

However, Fitz might be faster than Hurts beyond 50 yards... At the 40, Hurts is prolly ~.2-.3 seconds faster....

And you're def correct that Hurts has improved some and still runs way too soon... Although limited in plays, he's statistically top 10ish in passing in the country...

dawgday166
10-10-2018, 06:20 AM

I'll buy Hurts is stronger due the power lifting aspect.

Speedwise ... It would've been a good race before Fitz hurt his ankle. He had explosive speed before that. Never saw him caught from behind before this year. He seems to have lost a step and is running more cautiously now too in the open field.

I think it's comparable on the accuracy too. Hurts has had receivers like Ridley and in 2016, a mucho better Oline too. Hurts generally has always had all day to throw, hasn't had all the dropped passes, and when he completes a pass his receivers are wide-ass open. Fitz hardly ever has a receiver wide-ass open. In fact, when any Bama QB completes a pass the receivers are wide-ass open and never drop the ball either.

But of course, being a Bammer the only player than can be better than Hurts is another Bammer.

Fitz didn't cost as much to recruit and get to come to MSU either. If we spent as much on recruits as Bama, or even OM, we'd lose 50 schollies and be on probation for 10 years.

thf24
10-10-2018, 07:48 AM
I don't know, he's kinda dead

Probably wouldn't be dead if he wasn't a murderer.

BrunswickDawg
10-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Yes give fitz nfl receivers and his passing numbers would go up.....but as stated before then Fitz's rushing numbers go down . And the one thing Fitz has done better than tebow in.....well he wouldn't be better at that anymore

Under no circumstance would Fitz have total numbers comparable to tebow. Not even if he played on those Florida teams.

Actually, we have our own season statistics that say you are wrong.

In 2016, with 4* Fred Ross (917 y), 4* Donald Gray (709 y), 4* Malik Dear (264), and 3* Keith Mixon (228) as our 4 top receivers being thrown to by a QB they had been working with for 2-3 years, Fitz threw for 2,423 yards and 21 TDs, and ran for his highest rushing total 1,375. That's 186 yards passing and 105 yards rushing a game. Our top 4 receivers average rank on 247 was 3.75* with an average player rating of .902.

In 2017, our WR downgraded due to graduation - and more importantly injuries to Gray, Mixon, and Dear. Our top 4 receivers were 3* Jackson (276 y), 3* Mixon (275 y in 8 games), 3* D. Thomas (263), and 4* Gray (214 y in 8 games).

Our team passing yards went down 525 yards from '16 to '17, and our QB rushing production was essentially the same - 1,430 total yards '16 (Fitz, and D Will), and 1,474 in '17 (Fitz and Key). Fitz's passing numbers dropped to 158 yards a game (11.25 games played due to injury), and his rushing yards decreased to 87.5 yards a game. Our top 4 receivers average rank on 247 was 3.25* with an average player rating of ..883. A significant drop. The receiving corps was injury riddled, personnel changed from week to week, and had virtually no in-game experience beyond our 3 injured guys.

In 2018, our top 4 receivers to date are 3* Mitchell (242 y), 4* Guidry (192), 3* Johnson (119), and 3* Thomas (103). Our top 4 receivers average rank on 247 was 3.25* with an average player rating of .864
To date, Fitz has averaged 142 yards passing a game, and 103 yards rushing. Already, our receiving corps is more productive then last year in terms of top 4 receivers - but there is only 1 carry-over player - Thomas. So, essentially Fitz is throwing to an all new receiving corps for the 2nd straight year. These 4 are lower rated than the previous 2 years - and significantly lower rated than the top 4 receivers in '16.

So far, Fitz' rushing production has bounced back to his '16 level, but the passing production is still down. Why is that? Well Fred Ross, Donald Gray, a healthy Malik Dear, and a healthy Keith Mixon were; 1)higher rated recruits; 2) Ross and Gray are #1 and #15 in school history in receiving yards respectively - meaning they were very talented as far as MSU goes; 3) all of them had worked with Fitz and had at least a full season of SEC experience on the field prior to Fitz being the starter. Gray, Mixon and Dear 1 year ('15), and Ross 3 years ('13, '14 & '15). This year's crew - Mitchell played in 5 games last year, Guidry is a JUCO transfer. Thomas and Johnson have been in the program longer - (14 games over 3 years each) and are also learning a new system.

So, while Fitz can be inconsistent, and is no Tebow passing the ball; the past 2 years have been obviously hampered by our lack of health, experience, consistency, and ability amongst our WR corps. It's right there in the stats. That lack of passing offense has also not led to Fitz or our QB's in general running more - as that production has been relatively steady thru 2+ seasons

Hopefully, over the next 2 weeks our passing game can come together and get us closer to Fitz' ceiling ('16 -2,400+ yards), and not the floor ('17 - 1,782 yards).

ETA: You could argue that I need to replace Justin Johnson in the '18 WR list, since he really is a hybrid TE/WR - but I think most of his production is coming as a WR. If swapped him for Mixon, our #5 receiver, it decreases this year's production level and slightly increases the player rating.

RougeDawg
10-10-2018, 08:01 AM
I'll buy Hurts is stronger due the power lifting aspect.

Speedwise ... It would've been a good race before Fitz hurt his ankle. He had explosive speed before that. Never saw him caught from behind before this year. He seems to have lost a step and is running more cautiously now too in the open field.

I think it's comparable on the accuracy too. Hurts has had receivers like Ridley and in 2016, a mucho better Oline too. Hurts generally has always had all day to throw, hasn't had all the dropped passes, and when he completes a pass his receivers are wide-ass open. Fitz hardly ever has a receiver wide-ass open. In fact, when any Bama QB completes a pass the receivers are wide-ass open and never drop the ball either.

But of course, being a Bammer the only player than can be better than Hurts is another Bammer.

Fitz didn't cost as much to recruit and get to come to MSU either. If we spent as much on recruits as Bama, or even OM, we'd lose 50 schollies and be on probation for 10 years.

He is trolling saying hurts is faster and stronger. That?s less debatable than asking whether or not Fitz would see improved statistics playing with a NFL team whilst still in college. Tyler Russell would have SEC records in passing.

Hurts and Fitz has essentially identical numbers in 2016 and Hurts won SEC POY because of “the talent he had around him” and their overall record duento the “talent he had around him”. Put Hurts on MSU that year with that OL and supporting cast and no one ever knows his name. That’s the difference in the two players.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 08:39 AM

But yet you joined in.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Tebow is a better baseball player too.

deadheaddawg
10-10-2018, 10:22 AM
But yet you joined in.

I did. To say it was a dumb thread.

And I will probably join future dumb threads. My participation just means I like to point out stupidity.

And anyone that thinks Fitz is in the same conversation as tebow is a stupid person. I will gladly point that out

Love Fitz. He's great. He's not tebow. Anyone that thinks he is doesn't have a clue

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 11:13 AM
I did. To say it was a dumb thread.

And I will probably join future dumb threads. My participation just means I like to point out stupidity.

And anyone that thinks Fitz is in the same conversation as tebow is a stupid person. I will gladly point that out

Love Fitz. He's great. He's not tebow. Anyone that thinks he is doesn't have a clue

Amen Brother!

Political Hack
10-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Numbers have nothing to do with it.

Drew Brees is not the best NFL QB ever. He's one of the best, but not "the best." He has been the most productive. Like Fitz has been the most productive rusher. His passing numbers could be better and I think he has a better arm than Tebow, but he doesn't have "it." And at QB, if you don't have "it" you're never going to be amongst the best.

deadheaddawg
10-20-2018, 09:00 PM
lol