PDA

View Full Version : thanks Kobe Jones

tcdog70
10-08-2018, 03:22 PM
for great hustle into the end zone and recovering the fumbled-almost Touchdown. How many d-linemen would run 50 yards to the end zone. Not many. He will be a really good d-lineman.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Nelson Adams is my son's coach and he got unto my son for stopping when the RB got past him. My son said I could not catch him. Coach Adams got onto him and explain that anything can happen and never give up. My son was at game with me and he said I know what coach Adams was saying now.

msu15
10-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Nelson also chased someone down and almost caught up to them in the A&M game in 2016 on a similar play, great bulldog.

Gutter Cobreh
10-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Thanks for posting tcdog70!

This may have gotten more love in the game thread, but glad to see it generate an additional thread. T

he hustle shown on that play was outstanding. Overall, while the Dline did what the Dline always does - I also thought there was a higher level of play with our LBing group this game as well - which was fantastic to see.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Kobe ran a long way chasing that play! Great effort by the big man! I've noticed this year that we have a lot of guys chasing the football and not letting up. If nothing else JoMo has these kids playing without a lot of effort!

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Nelson Adams is my son's coach and he got unto my son for stopping when the RB got past him. My son said I could not catch him. Coach Adams got onto him and explain that anything can happen and never give up. My son was at game with me and he said I know what coach Adams was saying now.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again. Congrats on raising a boy right. It always helps to see a life lesson in front of you.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2018, 03:34 PM

This may have gotten more love in the game thread, but glad to see it generate an additional thread. T

he hustle shown on that play was outstanding. Overall, while the Dline did what the Dline always does - I also thought there was a higher level of play with our LBing group this game as well - which was fantastic to see.

LBs were playing great sideline to sideline. Erroll busted some heads at the line of scrimmage also.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 03:37 PM
LBs were playing great sideline to sideline. Erroll busted some heads at the line of scrimmage also.

Shoop's got these kids playing downhill and aggressive, that is what has made the screen game so succesful against us. We got guys coming so hard they're over running the play.

Todd4State
10-08-2018, 03:47 PM
I think Maurice Smitherman should get a lot of credit for running down the back and causing him to dive which initially caused the RB to lose control of the football too.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I think Maurice Smitherman should get a lot of credit for running down the back and causing him to dive which initially caused the RB to lose control of the football too.

There was a lot of hustle on that play and kids playing til the end. Smitherman, Mclaurin, Kobe, man I love seeing hustle!

tcdog70
10-08-2018, 03:54 PM

ABSOLUTELY-- our linebackers stepped up their game. I have been sorta disappointed in our linebacker play until this game--Willie and Errol really improved.

tcdog70
10-08-2018, 03:57 PM
another play that needs mentioning was Tez, knocking the ball loose, but as our luck would have it--the Barners recovered. That could have been a huge recovery.But that play seemed to spook Stidham going forward--as He was ducking and chunking.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
another play that needs mentioning was Tez, knocking the ball loose, but as our luck would have it--the Barners recovered. That could have been a huge recovery.But that play seemed to spook Stidham going forward--as He was ducking and chunking.

That was their first road game other then going to Atlanta which was really a home game for them. The crowd and the defense really got to him.

Homedawg
10-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Shoop's got these kids playing downhill and aggressive, that is what has made the screen game so succesful against us. We got guys coming so hard they're over running the play.

what made the screens so successful was we blitzed 5 straight 3rd downs in a row and they ran 4 screens and one draw.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:20 PM
what made the screens so successful was we blitzed 5 straight 3rd downs in a row and they ran 4 screens and one draw.

We did become a little predictable on third down.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Great Thread. Kobe's play along with that long snapper hustling his ass down field to get that fumble. Take away those 2 plays and we may have had to sweat some at the end. That's called scratching and clawing for that extra inch like Al Pacino said. Those types of plays inspire the whole damn team. More emphasis should be on Kobe's hustle instead of the instant replay.

O.T. Question for the coaches & ex coaches: When you have a strong running attack (like ours when it's clicking) , would it be a good idea early in the game when you are looking at a 3rd & 6, 7 or so, line up in standard or even a passing formation and call some type of running play? Kinda set a tone early on? Even if you didn't convert, you keep that shit in their heads for the remainder of the game? Does that have the ability to open up some play action later on?

Pit Bull
10-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Was a great play! Nine times out of ten, Auburn scores there and on the TD overthrow. And we normally would not have a chipshot FG blocked. Final Score probably should have been 26-23 Dogs.....but that's why we play the game! Strange things happen!!

WyldStallyns
10-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Great Thread. Kobe's play along with that long snapper hustling his ass down field to get that fumble. Take away those 2 plays and we may have had to sweat some at the end.

He got out wide on the FG that Auburn blocked, forcing the returner back inside and that probably saved a touchdown.

msu15
10-09-2018, 08:33 AM
He got out wide on the FG that Auburn blocked, forcing the returner back inside and that probably saved a touchdown.

Yep, Coach said on the post game that they work on block kick coverage every Friday during walk-through. It definitely showed there!