PDA

View Full Version : Auburn has Tenn and Ole Miss next....

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 01:13 PM
That should help them feel better about the O. I am ready to see Ole Miss offense against Auburn Defense.

starkvegasdawg
10-08-2018, 01:26 PM
But nafoom says auburn over rated since we stomped a mud hole in them.

Leroy Jenkins
10-08-2018, 01:40 PM
But nafoom says auburn over rated since we stomped a mud hole in them.

I agree.

TUSK
10-08-2018, 08:41 PM
AU was way overrated at #8.... LSU at #5, as well....

Of course, I think Clemson, Okie, ND, UW, Mich, UCF, FLA, and Texas are a bit overrated, too....

It's an inordinately stratified field, this year, IMO....

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 08:51 PM
AU was way overrated at #8.... LSU at #5, as well....

Of course, I think Clemson, Okie, ND, UW, Mich, UCF, FLA, and Texas are a bit overrated, too....

It's an inordinately stratified field, this year, IMO....

If you watch the rest of cfb I don't think they were overrated at all. Lot of parity this year. 8 top 25 teams lost this past weekend. Heck the way it is now West Virginia could make the playoffs.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 08:57 PM
tsun is only favored by 6.5 at Arky. LMAO.

people saying AU & LSU are not that good are not very smart. UF is good too. How good for all 3? time will tell. but they do NOT suck.

Leroy Jenkins
10-08-2018, 09:16 PM

people saying AU & LSU are not that good are not very smart. UF is good too. How good for all 3? time will tell. but they do NOT suck.

If AU and LSU are top 5 and top 8 teams, this is the worst year of CFB in history.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 09:16 PM
The defenses in the SEC are just so far ahead of most of college football its ridiculous.

TUSK
10-08-2018, 09:31 PM
If AU and LSU are top 5 and top 8 teams, this is the worst year of CFB in history.

Yup.

DownwardDawg
10-08-2018, 09:58 PM

I think Arkie beats them.

Todd4State
10-08-2018, 11:06 PM

It will be a shootout that could go either way.

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 07:42 AM

The defenses in the SEC are just so far ahead of most of college football its ridiculous.

From what little bit of non-SEC football I've seen this year, both are somewhat true. The SEC has long been a defensive league. The SEC shifted offenses a few years ago to more spread oriented fast play offenses. But, the defenses have evolved and caught up and are now shutting those offenses down. Look at Ole Miss - averaging 540 yards a game in total offense in 6 games. But, in SEC only, they drop to 288 per game. SEC defenses take 80+ yards off of Missouri's offense; 90+ off of A&M's. To compare - Michigan's offense actually goes up 40 yards playing against B1G defenses. So does Penn State's. No one has defenses across the board like the SEC.

Defense wins championships and pollsters know it. The SEC is the only conference to ever have 8 ranked teams at once. And the SEC has done that 14 times.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 07:45 AM

Arky's Offensive performance vs Bama could certainly translate to 35-45 points vs OM

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Arky's Offensive performance vs Bama could certainly translate to 35-45 points vs OM

When Arky wins, Ole Miss will lay down. They will go 0-8 in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Arky vs unm = big 12 matchup where one team will score 45+ points and lose

TrapGame
10-09-2018, 08:10 AM
When Arky wins, Ole Miss will lay down. They will go 0-8 in the SEC.

I can see that happening. Do they fire Luke or let him fire McGriff and get another DC?

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 08:14 AM
I can see that happening. Do they fire Luke or let him fire McGriff and get another DC?

St. Freezus the Redeemed will make his appearance.

TrapGame
10-09-2018, 08:17 AM
St. Freezus the Redeemed will make his appearance.

And in the third year Freezus arose from the dead.

msu15
10-09-2018, 09:06 AM
And in the third year Freezus arose from the dead.

The Plan

Jack Lambert
10-09-2018, 09:25 AM

They scored 31 on Bama and that only translate to 35 to 45?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-09-2018, 09:33 AM
1. Ole Miss’s staff was put in place by Freeze.
2. Brandon Marcello reporting a lot of discontent in the Auburn program and he expects several players to leave the program at seasons end.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:33 AM
The only mediocre W tsun has was game 1. T-Tech has legit D-1 players. Since then, they have been humiliated against legit SEC competition. Even their passing attack has been exposed once faced with a strong SEC D. I think there is a difference between getting your ass totally whipped vs losing close games where your team walks away pissed off knowing they could have won vs walking away totally demoralized with no confidence in what happens next. I think that's why we walked away pissed after the UF game and not demoralized. Thus the ass whipping that ensued the next week.

U-Pig has proven they can at least play for a while with the big boys their last 2 SEC games. Pretty impressive considering getting blown out by UNT early on. they've at least toughened up some. the tsun has not. that's why they are only 6.5 point favorites going to u-pig.

If u-pig can get some pressure on Five-0, I think they can win.

OT-- I told y'all degenerates to load up a few weeks ago on UNT v Liberty. UNT was only giving up 10 points. they won by like 40 or something. I live about 15 miles south of UNT.

msudawglb
10-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Auburn is/was grossly overrated. They very well may finish 6-6 this season. LSU is better than Auburn but I'd have them in the 20-25 range in the poll. With our two mindnumbing losses to KY and FL, I'm not sure where we will finish in the west, but I think the teams are as follows as far as talent.

1) Alabama
2) MSU
3) LSU
4) Texas A&M
5) Arkansas (could easily be #6)
6) Auburn (could easily be #5)
7) mississippi

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Auburn is/was grossly overrated. They very well may finish 6-6 this season. LSU is better than Auburn but I'd have them in the 20-25 range in the poll. With our two mindnumbing losses to KY and FL, I'm not sure where we will finish in the west, but I think the teams are as follows as far as talent.

1) Alabama
2) MSU
3) LSU
4) Texas A&M
7) mississippi

Auburn and LSU are both top 20 teams.

I'm not saying that because I think they are great, but because I've watched the rest of the country and th

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 09:39 AM

1) Alabama
2) MSU
3) LSU
4) Texas A&M
7) mississippi

I'm not saying that because I think they are great, but because I've watched the rest of the country and there simply are not 20 better teams.

Don't buy into the media narrative. It's not real.

msudawglb
10-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Auburn was a top 20 team. You are seeing a typical Malzahn team meltdown. He loses the locker room what seems to be every season. I live with an Auburn grad and watch all the games and hear it from other fans. A lot of the fan base has already given up on the team. You are witnessing the team giving up. The way they are playing right now is not top 20 caliber....and it will get worse. Look for Auburn to come up with some cash and get the transferring Clemson QB. Gus has to...

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Auburn was a top 20 team. You are seeing a typical Malzahn team meltdown. He loses the locker room what seems to be every season. I live with an Auburn grad and watch all the games and hear it from other fans. A lot of the fan base has already given up on the team. You are witnessing the team giving up. The way they are playing right now is not top 20 caliber....and it will get worse. Look for Auburn to come up with some cash and get the transferring Clemson QB. Gus has to...

I'd say the fans are the worst ones to listen to because they are emotional. Just like we were last year.

Auburn is a top 20 team and Gus has not lost the locker room.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 10:20 AM

I'm not saying that because I think they are great, but because I've watched the rest of the country and there simply are not 20 better teams.

yep.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 10:27 AM

This is absolutely correct. If you watch other cfb besides the sec you will see that. It's not hard to see that outside of the sec there's only a handful of quality teams. The defense in the sec is light years ahead of most conferences. Ohio State, Clemson and a couple others but that's it. Auburn LSU Florida UK are most definitely top 20 teams easily when compared to rest of the country.

TrapGame
10-09-2018, 10:29 AM
I'd say the fans are the worst ones to listen to because they are emotional. Just like we were the last two weeks.

Auburn is a top 20 team and Gus has not lost the locker room.

FIFY.

AU ain't getting rid of Gus. That buyout could bankroll a small Eastern European nation.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:39 AM
This is absolutely correct. If you watch other cfb besides the sec you will see that. It's not hard to see that outside of the sec there's only a handful of quality teams. The defense in the sec is light years ahead of most conferences. Ohio State, Clemson and a couple others but that's it. Auburn LSU Florida UK are most definitely top 20 teams easily when compared to rest of the country.

This.

Don't forget that Auburn has already beaten the best team in the PAC 12

Throw that in with LSU beating Auburn, and who is beating LSU or Auburn from the Big 12. Both of those teams would dominate TX, OU, and WV in the trenches. Ohio State & Penn State could beat them from the Big 10. Clemson could beat them from the ACC but LSU has already dominated Miami. Notre Dame could beat them and Stanford would maybe be a good game.

All the other teams would struggle to compete in the trenches.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
This.

Throw that in with LSU beating Auburn, and who is beating LSU or Auburn from the Big 12. Both of those teams would dominate TX, OU, and WV in the trenches. Ohio State & Penn State could beat them from the Big 10. Clemson could beat them from the ACC but LSU has already dominated Miami. Notre Dame could beat them and Stanford would maybe be a good game.

You had me going before Notre Dame & Stanford. Not sold on those 2 right now.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 10:50 AM
This.

You nailed it. Every week I watch what are considered to be the other P5 conferences best teams and the OL and DL play is just not on par with the SEC(outside of the most elite teams). Also overall team speed especially on defense seems to be lacking.

Funny you mentioned Stanford. I know Lance Anderson the DC at Stanford and he says himself the PAC12 isn't close to the SEC in the trenches or team speed on defense.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:51 AM
You had me going before Notre Dame & Stanford. Not sold on those 2 right now.
Agree. I was being conservative just so someone couldn't make a case I was wrong. If you want to argue that LSU and Auburn are both top 15, I'm cool with that.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 12:25 PM
FIFY.

AU ain't getting rid of Gus. That buyout could bankroll a small Eastern European nation.

Both of these statements are true, but not necessarily related....

bgover4
10-09-2018, 05:20 PM
This.

ND pulled out a close one against Vandy.....

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 05:36 PM
ND pulled out a close one against Vandy.....

Yeah but they changed QBs and blew VT at VT. I don't think they are top 5 but they are pretty good

Bully13
10-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Yeah but they changed QBs and blew VT at VT. I don't think they are top 5 but they are pretty good

VT? LOL

Lord McBuckethead
10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Yes. Bama had removed their foot off the gas. Backups etc

bgover4
10-09-2018, 10:07 PM

The same VT that lost to old Dominion?

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:38 PM
The same VT that lost to old Dominion?

Just saying that Notre Dame is better than they played vs Vandy and that there is an argument that they could be better than LSU and Auburn.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2018, 10:40 PM

If I were them I'd go after Stoops. He would at least be an improvement