PDA

View Full Version : Offense against the rest of the SEC

Coach007
10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Glad for the win. It was needed for morale and recruiting. It was nice to see us running. BUT... it's not sustainable. While I love the win, I realize the facts.:

1- Auburn's offense is horrible. No pulse. They have shown that through out this season. We will face 3 good to great offenses. Bama, Ole Miss, Tamu.

2- Ole Miss, we can win.

3- TAMU... Not worried at all with just a run game

4- LSU... Not worried with just a run game.

Not worried about any game but Bama. Here is why:

- If it's just a run game we have, that's a lot of wear and tear on the OL, RBs, and QB. The risk of injuries will increase because people WILL man up and over load the box. Going into bama banged up at any of these positions, and we are in trouble.

- Bama is a better defense than ANYBODY we face. If they are able to load that box, it puts in jeopardy Ark and Ole Miss.

My point, we are not good enough to just rely on the run. We just are not. If JoMo can not find a way to get those passes up, and MIX IT UP a little better, throw in some faster snaps to catch defenses off guard, we risk the season.

Dawgology
10-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I need more explanation. It's not sustainable but you aren't worried about any game but Bama? I'm not trolling I'm just getting mixed messages here.

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Our O line will pound you to death. That is what it was built for. They pushed Bama around for 3 1/2 quarter last season. Then Mullen got stupid. Mullen probably would have gotten stupid this past Saturday. We can go the rest of the season doing it and it. Just need to complete 50% of 20 passes a game.

dawgday166
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
I need more explanation. It's not sustainable but you aren't worried about any game but Bama? I'm not trolling I'm just getting mixed messages here.

He's just saying we have to be able to pitch & catch it some going forward. We just can't line up and run the ball down everyone's throat cause they will overload the box.

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Florida has the top Passing D in the SEC. Kentucky is 6th, Auburn 7th. In conference play only - AU is #1, UF #2, and UK #7.
Those are some strong defenses to go against with iffy receivers and an iffy QB.

Going forward - LSU #9 (6th in conf. only); A&M 11 (10); Bama 8 (9); Arkansas 12 (11); and OM 14 (13).
If our passing game only improves slightly, we will be in good shape against these teams (except Bama).

Bama's defense is not as strong statistically as usual. I am only guessing that the offense has been so high powered they are playing more 2nd and 3rd string more and giving up more yards/points because of it. 70 more yards a game and 5 more points per game is a pretty big change.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 01:19 PM

I should have made myself a bit clearer. Any of those games alone, we could win. If that was the only game of the season. However, it's not

'm saying that if that's all we have, injuries and getting bang up will be our reality. 100%. Hill is a bit banged up. Fitz is feeling it.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 01:20 PM
He's just saying we have to be able to pitch & catch it some going forward. We just can't line up and run the ball down everyone's throat cause they will overload the box.

Right. And it will all add up to a lot of pain in players making what should be easier games hard to win.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Florida has the top Passing D in the SEC. Kentucky is 6th, Auburn 7th. In conference play only - AU is #1, UF #2, and UK #7.
Those are some strong defenses to go against with iffy receivers and an iffy QB.

Going forward - LSU #9 (6th in conf. only); A&M 11 (10); Bama 8 (9); Arkansas 12 (11); and OM 14 (13).
If our passing game only improves slightly, we will be in good shape against these teams (except Bama).

Bama's defense is not as strong statistically as usual. I am only guessing that the offense has been so high powered they are playing more 2nd and 3rd string more and giving up more yards/points because of it. 70 more yards a game and 5 more points per game is a pretty big change.

Bama's stats are very much so not accurate. They are pulling starters very early with games in hand. Vs Arkansas (41-14 at the half) they subbed a lot.

maroonmania
10-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Well it sounds like he is saying we can beat everyone on our schedule going forward with what we are doing except Bama. That is certainly OK with me because we aren't beating Bama in Tuscaloosa this year no matter what we do. Believe it was on T&L this morning where it was said that Tua so far this year, in the little time he has even been needed to play, has 18 TDs passing a 25 INCOMPLETIONS. Bama is just another level this year. Basically it looks like you have Bama at Level 1, Georgia at Level 2, and the rest of the SEC at Level 3 or below.

dawgday166
10-08-2018, 01:34 PM

I said before the season UF's D might be pretty good. They have talent on both sides of ball, but especially on D and in D backend. We should've won tho.

Rewatch last year's Bama game or rewatch UF game. I'm not sure Fitz missed a pass in 1st half of UF game. Of course there were some drops. He may throw a rope sometimes when he should give it more touch, but good receivers catch those. And a lot of times when he throws ropes, he has to cause there is a DB there too. He might've made the wrong read tho, not sure.

He wasn't good in AU game going downfield.

UF's receivers are making plays for their QB.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2018, 01:36 PM
No one not named UGA isn't beating Bama. The Auburn game was pretty much how we won all last year. That is the beauty of how we lined up last week. The defense can't load the box unless they want to leave WRs completely uncovered.

Leroy Jenkins
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM
We ran for 350 on a defense that was giving up 95 a game. Now, we get an off week to get all of our shit in one bag. If we can throw 20-ish times a game we will be OK.

Gutter Cobreh
10-08-2018, 01:41 PM

He doesn't know what he's saying. He is a borderline troll.

For the past few weeks, he only takes a break from his politics board to come here and badmouth the coaching staff. He wants them fired, claims they can't make the needed adjustments, and finally claims they need to adjust the plan to suit the personnel.

Well guess what, when you have a QB that isn't a passer - you have to run the ball. Now that the coaches are following the plan of running the ball more (and after they beat a Top 10 team) and playing to the strengths of the personnel, he's back to claim that type of offense isn't sustainable and you have to mix in some passes to keep guys healthy.

Not worth the time or energy to even discuss, as moving to a more balanced offense is not an option (see UK and UF games as examples).

Coach007
10-08-2018, 02:00 PM
No one not named UGA isn't beating Bama. The Auburn game was pretty much how we won all last year. That is the beauty of how we lined up last week. The defense can't load the box unless they want to leave WRs completely uncovered.

We rushed it 634 times (including Fitz running) vs 353 passing.

Vs Bama... 24 to 49 (Pass -rush) 2017 73 plays

Vs Auburn this year... 17 to 57 (pass to rush)… 74 plays.

That's interesting considering HOW SLOW we run plays this year.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 02:02 PM
We ran for 350 on a defense that was giving up 95 a game. Now, we get an off week to get all of our shit in one bag. If we can throw 20-ish times a game we will be OK.

I think 25 with 60% will make us feared at Bama.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 02:11 PM
He doesn't know what he's saying. He is a borderline troll.

For the past few weeks, he only takes a break from his politics board to come here and badmouth the coaching staff. He wants them fired, claims they can't make the needed adjustments, and finally claims they need to adjust the plan to suit the personnel.

Well guess what, when you have a QB that isn't a passer - you have to run the ball. Now that the coaches are following the plan of running the ball more (and after they beat a Top 10 team) and playing to the strengths of the personnel, he's back to claim that type of offense isn't sustainable and you have to mix in some passes to keep guys healthy.

Not worth the time or energy to even discuss, as moving to a more balanced offense is not an option (see UK and UF games as examples).

I'm gonna be honest here. You are lying. There's no need in it, but you are lying. I have never called for Moorhead to be fired.

What I have stated:

1- Moorhead was a great hire. All you need to do is look up my history if you dare.

2- That we would win the West this season.

3- I 100% did say he was not making adjustments. That's because he didn't. That's not up for debate CONSIDERING HE HIMSELF STATED THAT!

4- YES.. amazing that a coach needs to adapt to his players. BTW... HE STATED THAT TOO!

5- Amazing isn't it. Common sense is a great tool. We will have to pass to be able to move forward this season.

thf24
10-08-2018, 02:21 PM
We will face 3 good to great offenses. Bama, Ole Miss, Tamu.

Not sure I'd call them even good, unless you're only looking at cupcakes. Check out Ta'amu's career stats against any decent defense.

confucius say
10-08-2018, 02:37 PM
I'm gonna be honest here. You are lying. There's no need in it, but you are lying. I have never called for Moorhead to be fired.

What I have stated:

1- Moorhead was a great hire. All you need to do is look up my history if you dare.

3- I 100% did say he was not making adjustments. That's because he didn't. That's not up for debate CONSIDERING HE HIMSELF STATED THAT!

4- YES.. amazing that a coach needs to adapt to his players. BTW... HE STATED THAT TOO!

5- Amazing isn't it. Common sense is a great tool. We will have to pass to be able to move forward this season.

Define "have to pass" and "move forward" please.

Fitz was 53% sat vs auburn. He stays there with no turnovers and we can win every game left sans Bama with zone read gameplan. Not rpo mind you, but zone read.

As far as physical toll, we have two weeks before LSU and then Aggie is at home. We then get LaT, who should not be near as physical, before Bama.

Gutter Cobreh
10-08-2018, 03:19 PM

What I have stated:

See examples below from where you went off the deep end prior to us beating Auburn. I don't want to hear any nonsense about "they were posted in game threads where emotions are high" nonsense either. You were leading the charge that this coaching staff couldn't fix what was broken. Well, they did and now you look like an idiot.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69815-Game-Thread-Sponsored-by-the-3-worst-hours-of-absolute-hell-*******-ever-experienced&p=1000294#post1000294
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69815-Game-Thread-Sponsored-by-the-3-worst-hours-of-absolute-hell-*******-ever-experienced&p=1000089#post1000089

As I stated in another thread, please just either stay on the politics board and/or put on your blue and orange as your love for Mullen and Fitzgerald cloud your opinions.

Coach007
10-08-2018, 03:34 PM
See examples below from where you went off the deep end prior to us beating Auburn. I don't want to hear any nonsense about "they were posted in game threads where emotions are high" nonsense either. You were leading the charge that this coaching staff couldn't fix what was broken. Well, they did and now you look like an idiot.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69815-Game-Thread-Sponsored-by-the-3-worst-hours-of-absolute-hell-*******-ever-experienced&p=1000294#post1000294
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69815-Game-Thread-Sponsored-by-the-3-worst-hours-of-absolute-hell-*******-ever-experienced&p=1000089#post1000089

As I stated in another thread, please just either stay on the politics board and/or put on your blue and orange as your love for Mullen and Fitzgerald cloud your opinions.

So you searched long and hard to find out that I indeed never called for him to be fired.

I also posted the PC after the Auburn game where he states everything I stated. It's on page one if you want to watch it.. start at 1:30.

maroonmania
10-08-2018, 03:37 PM

What I have stated:

Things had gone really well the first 3 weeks so I'm willing to give some leeway on the gameplan not working at KY when it had been working. The FL loss lies squarely on our coaching staff. They saw what happened at KY and didn't respond to change things. We could have run right down Florida's throat just like we did Auburn had we just done it. Really hate they mismanaged that game because we can never get that one back from Don Mullins now. Also this is the first game I saw our staff respond to things DURING the game. Past 2 games our offense looked like they didn't have a clue how to respond to anything the defense was being successful at using against us.

BuckyIsAB****
10-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Glad for the win. It was needed for morale and recruiting. It was nice to see us running. BUT... it's not sustainable. While I love the win, I realize the facts.:

1- Auburn's offense is horrible. No pulse. They have shown that through out this season. We will face 3 good to great offenses. Bama, Ole Miss, Tamu.

2- Ole Miss, we can win.

3- TAMU... Not worried at all with just a run game

4- LSU... Not worried with just a run game.

Not worried about any game but Bama. Here is why:

- If it's just a run game we have, that's a lot of wear and tear on the OL, RBs, and QB. The risk of injuries will increase because people WILL man up and over load the box. Going into bama banged up at any of these positions, and we are in trouble.

- Bama is a better defense than ANYBODY we face. If they are able to load that box, it puts in jeopardy Ark and Ole Miss.

My point, we are not good enough to just rely on the run. We just are not. If JoMo can not find a way to get those passes up, and MIX IT UP a little better, throw in some faster snaps to catch defenses off guard, we risk the season.

Listen. We are damn good at what we do. If somebody can stop us running it then hats off to them because they are going to have some hosses up front to stop us. Our OL are maulers and we allowed them to be Sat night. I agree we need to build on it and be able to pass it just a little bit to keep them honest but we will get there.

If we run that offense vs OM, TAMU and Arky we win all 3 games. We will run for 400 vs OM barring fumbles or injuries if we run it 57 times