PDA

View Full Version : LSU Is A Night Game

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2018, 11:45 AM
BTW, 17 CBS. Just screw them. Nobody wants to watch that trash. Just ridiculous

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do_1kedXUAY93Ma.jpg

dawgday166
10-08-2018, 11:55 AM
So CBS did pick Bama vs Tenn. Really? What a blowout that will be. I was afeered we'd be playing at night in Death Valley.

SouthMSDog
BTW, 17 CBS. Just screw them. Nobody wants to watch that trash. Just ridiculous

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do_1kedXUAY93Ma.jpg

I get its the whole "the sun is down in Death Valley" deal/mystic (Troy don't care)... But I am glad the game isn't on CBS. I hate their broadcast due to the commercials - it feels like games on CBS take 6546854561 hours to watch. It's bad enough with all of the reviews and penalties, but CBS seems to take extra time out for tv breaks.

IMissJack
It must be difficult to be the announcers on most Bama games. It is over in the first quarter usually, if a non Bama home game the crowd starts to leave, and their 3rd team is playing by the 4th qtr. I could fully understand CBS's decision if TN was good, but they are not. I personally think LSU and the SEC would prefer a night game at Baton Rouge.

Gutter Cobreh
10-08-2018, 11:58 AM
I get its the whole "the sun is down in Death Valley" deal/mystic (Troy don't care)... But I am glad the game isn't on CBS. I hate their broadcast due to the commercials - it feels like games on CBS take 6546854561 hours to watch. It's bad enough with all of the reviews and penalties, but CBS seems to take extra time out for tv breaks.

Plus, you aren't subjected to Gary. I didn't think he was bad until Verne retired, and then I simply realized that neither was good - it was just Verne was worse.

BuckyIsAB****
10-08-2018, 12:06 PM
We dont fear LSU

StateDawg44
10-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Plus, you aren't subjected to Gary. I didn't think he was bad until Verne retired, and then I simply realized that neither was good - it was just Verne was worse.

He really is the absolute worst. He was always worse than Vern for me.

He is annoyingly obsessed with Bama and loves to act like he is in the players heads and can tell you what they are thinking or their reasoning behind making a decision during a play.

WinningIsRelentless
10-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Fitz will go Dak did in his night game at LSU

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
It must be difficult to be the announcers on most Bama games. It is over in the first quarter usually, if a non Bama home game the crowd starts to leave, and their 3rd team is playing by the 4th qtr. I could fully understand CBS's decision if TN was good, but they are not. I personally think LSU and the SEC would prefer a night game at Baton Rouge.

Kidding? That's more time for the Dutch Rudder.

Dawgology
10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
We dont fear LSU

We didn't fear Kentucky either. Our team better respect LSU and be ready to play smash mouth football because that is going to be a brutal, tough game. We will have to play our VERY best to come out of there with a win.

testuser
10-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Moorhead will underestimate the environment at LSU....after all, this is the SEC ***

Lord McBuckethead
10-08-2018, 01:59 PM
That made me laugh a little.
Moorhead needs to realize, every SEC stadium except Vandy is volatile to the level of Michigan and Ohio State's.
Just don't compare it, until after you win please.

msu15
10-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Night game or 2:30 who cares, place will be live regardless

biggun
10-08-2018, 02:26 PM
If LSU beats Florida, we are most likely the 2:30 game but with LSU losing plus being a home dog to Georgia this week, I guess CBS was scared of showing two 2 loss SEC teams (If LSU loses to UGA Saturday) and went with the automatic draw of #1, despite the shit opponent and massacre

yjnkdawg
10-08-2018, 02:51 PM
LSU was upset a few years ago about having home day games, that they didn't feel that they should have. I think they campaigned pretty hard to change that, but I don't know if that had any effect (probably not) ? They definitely want their games to be played at night in Tiger Stadium.

Pollodawg
10-08-2018, 03:27 PM
LSU is a better team than Auburn. 4qtr fight coming.

Hambone
10-08-2018, 03:34 PM
LSU will be on CBS two weeks in a row last week and this week. CBS will not show the same team three straight weeks. That’s why we aren’t on CBS

Todd4State
10-08-2018, 03:49 PM
That made me laugh a little.
Moorhead needs to realize, every SEC stadium except Vandy is volatile to the level of Michigan and Ohio State's.
Just don't compare it, until after you win please.

Mizzou is not intimidating at all either.

Mobile Bay
10-08-2018, 06:46 PM
CBS has shown Alabama and Tennessee every year forever and will always show that game as well as WLOCP. It doesn't matter who we are or who we play, you can circle those two as being on CBS for as long as they have the contract.

TUSK
10-08-2018, 07:36 PM
CBS has shown Alabama and Tennessee every year forever and will always show that game as well as WLOCP. It doesn't matter who we are or who we play, you can circle those two as being on CBS for as long as they have the contract.

This is (mostly) correct... However, I think LSU losing ugly to UF & y'all's tough games vs KY & UF made a difference this year... In combination with how well Bammer has been playing...
'

Pit Bull
10-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Yep.....all of BAMA's games are over in the first quarter.....the final score just depends on how pissed off they are at you.

Pit Bull
10-09-2018, 03:45 AM
LSU is a better team than Auburn. 4qtr fight coming.

Yeah....got some LSU acquaintances who said their fans are labeling our game with them as the "Payback Bowl".

msbulldog
10-09-2018, 05:44 AM
Night game or 2:30 who cares, place will be live regardless

Nope not the same 6:30 gives the Coon A$$es 4 more hours to drink than 2:30 and believe me they will use it.

Duckdog
10-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Nope not the same 6:30 gives the Coon A$$es 4 more hours to drink than 2:30 and believe me they will use it.
Yes yes we will but not all of us are corn dog fans

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Yeah....got some LSU acquaintances who said their fans are labeling our game with them as the "Payback Bowl".

We'll see how they feel about that after UGA goes in dry this weekend

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 09:50 AM
To add to my original post, when the SEC signs a new TV deal after the CBS ends, I believe the SEC needs to take more control over which game is on at 2:30.

While I understand that Bama is the biggest draw, something above just ratings needs to be considered. CBS games that are non-competitive erode the SEC brand and create the perception that it's Bama and then everyone else.

Long term the SEC needs to invest in growing the brands of the other 13 schools and to show comeptive games in which people tune in for 4 quarters.

If I were the SEC, I'd allow CBS to narrow down the 2:30 options to 2 or 3 games with the SEC getting to make the final choice between the options CBS chose.

Imo, this creates a happy compromise where, unlike Monday Night Football, CBS guarantees itself a good game, while the SEC has the ability to make the final choice about more than just audience size

TUSK
10-09-2018, 08:29 PM
To add to my original post, when the SEC signs a new TV deal after the CBS ends, I believe the SEC needs to take more control over which game is on at 2:30.

While I understand that Bama is the biggest draw, something above just ratings needs to be considered. CBS games that are non-competitive erode the SEC brand and create the perception that it's Bama and then everyone else.

Long term the SEC needs to invest in growing the brands of the other 13 schools and to show comeptive games in which people tune in for 4 quarters.

If I were the SEC, I'd allow CBS to narrow down the 2:30 options to 2 or 3 games with the SEC getting to make the final choice between the options CBS chose.

Imo, this creates a happy compromise where, unlike Monday Night Football, CBS guarantees itself a good game, while the SEC has the ability to make the final choice about more than just audience size

If this happens, the SEC welfare checks will decrease in size... Everyone gets tube time these days, I don't think the SEC Brand is gonna be tarnished that much by showing The TSIO, despite how lopsided the "rivalry" has become...

Besides, doesn't CBS have to show all the teams "X" number of times?

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 08:35 PM
If this happens, the SEC welfare checks will decrease in size... Everyone gets tube time these days, I don't think the SEC Brand is gonna be tarnished that much by showing The TSIO, despite how lopsided the "rivalry" has become...

Besides, doesn't CBS have to show all the teams "X" number of times?

I don't think you'd see a drop in the welfare check.

You don't see the Alabama/Tennessee rivalry from outside your bubble. Everyone one thinks it is a joke but you guys.

Not sure if CBS has to show everyone or not.

TUSK
10-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I don't think you'd see a drop in the welfare check.

You don't see the Alabama/Tennessee rivalry from outside your bubble. Everyone one thinks it is a joke but you guys.

Not sure if CBS has to show everyone or not.

I think that the revenue distribution is likely (at least indirectly) influenced by the "ratings"... I'd assume that if the TSIO wouldn't be selected in future contracts if there was an alternative that provided increased revenue...

Just my thoughts...

TUSK
10-09-2018, 08:48 PM
'Gun, per the WIkiCats:

"Until 2014, CBS maintained exclusivity during its 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time window. As part of an extension to CBS's contract with the SEC through the 2023–24 season, CBS no longer has exclusivity during its afternoon window, but still has the first choice of games.[2] CBS is limited to airing five games featuring a particular team per-season; in 2014, the Iron Bowl was given to ESPN in favor of the Egg Bowl, due to its potential effects on Mississippi State's participation in the College Football Playoff).[3][4]"

Sounds like there is a MAX, but no minimum.... Hell, it even benefited you guys in '14....

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2018, 10:44 PM
'Gun, per the WIkiCats:

"Until 2014, CBS maintained exclusivity during its 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time window. As part of an extension to CBS's contract with the SEC through the 2023–24 season, CBS no longer has exclusivity during its afternoon window, but still has the first choice of games.[2] CBS is limited to airing five games featuring a particular team per-season; in 2014, the Iron Bowl was given to ESPN in favor of the Egg Bowl, due to its potential effects on Mississippi State's participation in the College Football Playoff).[3][4]"

Sounds like there is a MAX, but no minimum.... Hell, it even benefited you guys in '14....

Yes. But when you throw in the cocktail party, LSU vs Florida, UGA vs Tennessee, 5 Bama games, and CBS not starting 2:30 games till the 3rd week of the season, that only leaves 1 or 2 Saturday's where MSU could potentially be a 2:30 and not play Bama. Throw in LSU vs Auburn in that many years, and it's virtually impossible for MSU, OM, Ark, Texas A&M, Kentucky, South Carolina, etc to get on CBS without playing Bama.

It's just over kill that does a poor job of promoting other good programs within the conference. It hurts the brand.

mstatefan91
10-10-2018, 12:05 AM
That's cute. How about "Mississippi State whips that ass two years in a row Bowl"?

That sounds more appealing to me but I'm biased.

Dawgology
10-10-2018, 07:26 AM

So LSU is treating our game as a bowl game. Interesting. What are they calling the Ole Miss game??? That's what I thought.

Real rivals.**

dawgday166
10-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Yes. But when you throw in the cocktail party, LSU vs Florida, UGA vs Tennessee, 5 Bama games, and CBS not starting 2:30 games till the 3rd week of the season, that only leaves 1 or 2 Saturday's where MSU could potentially be a 2:30 and not play Bama. Throw in LSU vs Auburn in that many years, and it's virtually impossible for MSU, OM, Ark, Texas A&M, Kentucky, South Carolina, etc to get on CBS without playing Bama.

It's just over kill that does a poor job of promoting other good programs within the conference. It hurts the brand.

Gun ... give it up. We should all just bow down and worship Saban, Bama, every Bama player, yada, yada. I'm just glad Tusk is thoughtful enough to come over here and keep reminding us lower class folks of how grateful we should be of all things Bama. *

msstate7
10-10-2018, 07:45 AM

What's the tv revenue share per team? I think the way it's being done is beneficial to every sec team even if it's not fair in your eyes

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 11:11 AM

I suspect many hotel rooms will come open and tickets prices drop on the secondary market. If Georgia really whips that ass. I think what happened to us last week because we had a pretty good crowd was folks did not make a day of it. They came to the game only and left. Not much tail gating and people were there that usually don't go to games. That could happen at LSU or they just get drunk and stay at the tent. I am going and I renting a car to go. Not going to gamble on my car getting keyed after they get that ass whipped again. I really hope the stadium is empty by the fourth quarter.

TrapGame
10-10-2018, 11:20 AM

They're over looking UGA for us!**