PDA

View Full Version : NFL Refs Coming Under Fire for Shitty Calls

Bully13
10-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Maybe time to do this in college too. shit's getting ridiculous. check out these clips:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-referees-come-under-fire-over-questionable-calls

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2018, 09:13 AM
It's a slippery slope in which there is no end.

Losing teams will always blame refs. The only legitimate option is to integrate technology that makes more calls objective.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 09:17 AM
It's a slippery slope in which there is no end.

Losing teams will always blame refs. The only legitimate option is to integrate technology that makes more calls objective.

Did you see the clips? I do agree with you though, replay for bullshit roughing and targeting calls would be great.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Did you see the clips? I do agree with you though, replay for bullshit roughing and targeting calls would be great.

Those calls aren't on the refs though, they are on the rules. The rules in the NFL are bad, not the refs.

The only way to improve the issue is to incorporate more technology. Not only replay, but also sensors that help with spots, getting rid of chain gangs, etc

IMissJack
10-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I heard an ex NFL player on a NFL pregame show tell how it could be fixed. I can't remember who the ex player was now, but he said the rules are made by owners who want to protect the QB because they make most of the money. He said, if they would invest money in everyone else in the team, the QB would not be so highly valued anymore. I know that is a little preposterous, but the rules that have initiated more passing offense, have now snowballed into more rules that have to protect the passer. The owners know that with the current offense oriented rules, you are a dead team if the QB gets hurt. Change some of the no contact rules, and running backs and linemen get more valuable again, and the owners can hedge the risk of putting all the money on one QB and a left tackle.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Those calls aren't on the refs though, they are on the rules. The rules in the NFL are bad, not the refs.

The only way to improve the issue is to incorporate more technology. Not only replay, but also sensors that help with spots, getting rid of chain gangs, etc

If the helmet doesn't touch the other guy's helmet, no foul. too many BS targeting calls. the rule says helmet to helmet. period. and barely touching a QB's leg after he throws? BS. If a replay was implemented, many of the "fouls" could be called off. watch the clips.

BuckyIsAB****
10-08-2018, 12:12 PM
That isnt football. I cant watch it

Dawgowar
10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Conversely, Dak got drilled head first by JJ Watt last night with 'full body weight' all the way to the ground. No call. They have ruined this game.