PDA

View Full Version : AP #23.

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2018, 07:19 PM
We snuck back in. Maybe we will take advantage of this one this time.

bulldawg28
10-07-2018, 08:55 PM
I wished they've leave us out until we win 3 in a row.

3rdGen
10-07-2018, 09:28 PM
That makes no sense to me 28. If we get in now and go 3-0 before Bama we will have more room to fall and stay in for arky and Om. That’s the way I look at it. Just hope we can go 3-0 until we get to Bama.

bulldawg28
10-07-2018, 09:33 PM
That makes no sense to me 28. If we get in now and go 3-0 before Bama we will have more room to fall and stay in for arky and Om. That’s the way I look at it. Just hope we can go 3-0 until we get to Bama.

This team hasn't shown they can handle success. Truthfully they haven't earned a ranking this year. Saturday was the 1st quality win of the year. We're 1-3 against quality opponents that's not deserving of a top 25 ranking. That's just my take on it

3rdGen
10-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Ok I can see your side...and just respectfully and fundamentally disagree..if we are never ranked when we play decent opponents how can we act like we know how to handle it if we have not been there enough to know how it feels. If we are ranked and lose....is it because we were ranked and not because we didn’t show up and play to win?
Yeah it could be a distraction but that’s on the coaches and kids to manage. Every other team has to do the same thing.
My message to the boys would be just the same as Joe. **** all the noise do what we came here to do, focus and make plays to win. We have to learn to manage the pressure of being ranked by being ranked. It is also a huge recruiting tool for us I would think.

We have to be ranked and have to play quality opponents while being ranked if we ever want to go to the CFP. It’s how this whole thing works. If we can’t learn to play as a ranked team we should just shut this whole thing down and go a different route.

That’s my take.

BiscuitEater
10-07-2018, 11:33 PM
We're 1-3 against quality opponents that's not deserving of a top 25 ranking. That's just my take on it

With a 4-2 record, please explain exactly 'how' we're 1-3 "against quality opponents?"

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2018, 11:43 PM
The 3rd loss was our damn minds. Our fans are border line assholes.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2018, 11:46 PM
The 3rd loss was our damn minds. Our fans are border line assholes.

Rep given!

Duckdog
10-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Y'all know dog gone well if we beat ky and Fl the media would say they sucked too

RougeDawg
10-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Y'all know dog gone well if we beat ky and Fl the media would say they sucked too

Some truth to this. Especially if we beat them like we did auburn. If we have same run/pass ratio against Uk and FL, we steam roll both teams worse than auburn. Sucks that it took Joe this long to recognize but I?m glad he did and didn’t continue trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

Duckdog
10-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Some truth to this. Especially if we beat them like we did auburn. If we have same run/pass ratio against Uk and FL, we steam roll both teams worse than auburn. Sucks that it took Joe this long to recognize but I?m glad he did and didn’t continue trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.
It is what it is. Ky is a good team Fl is a good team I put LSU up there on the same level. We better be ready to play is all Im saying. Working in I get sick and freaking tired of the LSU homers

Dawgology
10-08-2018, 10:12 AM
I bet we sneak up a spot or two during the off week and if we beat LSU I expect a bounce back to around #16-17.

Additionally, if Kentucky and Florida continue playing well and we start taking care of business like we can I see the Playoff Committee rewarding us.

bulldawg28
10-08-2018, 01:01 PM
With a 4-2 record, please explain exactly 'how' we're 1-3 "against quality opponents?"

My opinion is this team hasn't proven they can handle success. Talent wise we're top 10. However, I think they play best when they're underdogs. Heck, even our coaches seem to struggle with success. To answer your question surrounding quality opponents the only decent team we've beaten is Auburn.

3rdGen
10-08-2018, 06:31 PM
My opinion is this team hasn't proven they can handle success. Talent wise we're top 10. However, I think they play best when they're underdogs. Heck, even our coaches seem to struggle with success. To answer your question surrounding quality opponents the only decent team we've beaten is Auburn.

Your not giving Kentucky or Florida enough credit. They are decent teams just slightly less talented than auburn. They both have play makers on defense.

msstate7
10-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Your not giving Kentucky or Florida enough credit. They are decent teams just slightly less talented than auburn. They both have play makers on defense.

If we play with the style we did Saturday night, there are 2 teams that can beat us in the sec... Kentucky and Florida aren't them

bulldawg28
10-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Played and beaten are two different things. I said beaten not played.

3rdGen
10-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Played and beaten are two different things. I said beaten not played.

My bad you right I missed that word.

3rdGen
10-08-2018, 07:44 PM
If we play with the style we did Saturday night, there are 2 teams that can beat us in the sec... Kentucky and Florida aren't them

I said that they are decent teams. We already lost so no point in talking about what ifs.

I don’t know about that. A&M has the talent to beat us if Mond comes out hot passing game. And our special teams showed some weakness in kick coverage when the punt didn’t require a fair catch.

dawgday166
10-08-2018, 07:56 PM

All our football teams play better as underdogs when inside top 25.

dawgday166
10-08-2018, 08:00 PM

We still didn't play our best game the other night but if we had played like that against KY & FL we'd of won.