PDA

View Full Version : How much will Treadwell hurt AJ's draft stock?

Political Hack
10-07-2018, 03:47 PM
I think it could be significant. I think he'd be a first rounder but being a WR in that system is going to be a major black eye to NFL scouts after Treadwell showed up and admitted nobody's ever taught him how to run routes. He's got more problems than that obviously, but it's not a good look for Ole Miss WRs under Luke-Freeze.

hacker
10-07-2018, 03:56 PM
None. He'll be a top 15 pick.

Dawgowar
10-07-2018, 03:57 PM
If he senior bowls well and has good numbers and routes at the combine, they won’t care about the program.

Dawgology
10-07-2018, 04:03 PM
I think scouts and GM's will be following his productivity closely the rest of the year as they move into the teeth of their schedule. Up till now they have played 2 SEC games, lost both, and his productivity was lower against those two opponents. Still not bad but noticeably lower when matched up to LSU and Bama. Will be interesting to see how he pans out in the NFL.

SailingDawg
10-07-2018, 04:06 PM
If he senior bowls well and has good numbers and routes at the combine, they won’t care about the program.

You think he'll go to the senior bowl? He's above that, man.

Leroy Jenkins
10-07-2018, 04:08 PM
If he senior bowls well and has good numbers and routes at the combine, they won?t care about the program.

It would be a big shock if he goes to SR bowl. JRs have to be in their 4th year, and graduated, like Josh Allen did.

msstate7
10-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Considering he's a junior, I doubt it

vv83
10-07-2018, 04:23 PM
None. He’s a different animal, AJ is a top 20 lock

Leroy Jenkins
10-07-2018, 04:24 PM

....and the 2nd best WR on his team. Lean times ahead for some people.

Political Hack
10-07-2018, 04:28 PM

I think he should be but I think he's going to drop into late first or maybe even later. I think he's a top 10 talent, but he won't go that high because of other factors.

bulldawg28
10-07-2018, 04:29 PM
I think it could be significant. I think he'd be a first rounder but being a WR in that system is going to be a major black eye to NFL scouts after Treadwell showed up and admitted nobody's ever taught him how to run routes. He's got more problems than that obviously, but it's not a good look for Ole Miss WRs under Luke-Freeze.

They're pretty much the same player to me. However, I think AJ is more a student of the game and will learn what's needed versus relying on pure athleticism.

msstate7
10-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Treadwell junior year...
82 catches 1153 yds 11 td 14.06 yds/catch

Aj junior year...
44 catches 586 yds 4 td 13.32 yds/catch

Pretty similar so far... it'll be interesting if aj can pick it up in conference.

Treadwell dominated in conference...
15.22 per catch 5 td

Aj so far in conference...
8.15 per catch. 0 td

To be fair, aj has played bama and LSU in conference.

I just don't see how aj is head-and-shoulders better than treadwell though

BeastMan
10-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Has zero to do with stats. It’ll all be on AJ’s 40. The end

msstate7
10-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Has zero to do with stats. It’ll all be on AJ’s 40. The end

I don't see him as being any faster than treadwell either. I could certainly be off on this though

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2018, 04:57 PM
None. AJ will be drafted high. Then he will f@@@ up some commas in Vegas.

Dawg61
10-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Metcalf is trending as the higher pick right now

msstate7
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM

Longer, faster... of the 2, I'd take Metcalf

ckDOG
10-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Are they asked to do more than go routes? Might be a learning curve with them but both are incredible talents no doubt.

Homedawg
10-07-2018, 05:15 PM

He's not a sr.....it's all about the combine and workouts anyway.

Homedawg
10-07-2018, 05:17 PM

He has more upside, that's for sure. Aj is going to have to outfight guys for the ball, which he might. Metcalf is what you said, longer, faster.

KOdawg1
10-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Metcalf is the best WR on that team. Hope the Cowboys take him or Aj so Dak can get some help

Cowbell
10-07-2018, 05:38 PM
Metcalf is the best WR on that team. Hope the Cowboys take him or Aj so Dak can get some help

There are now forecasted projections of Dallas picking up AJ mid-first round. But it won?t do any good for Dak if he can?t run a route. If he can, it could be exciting times ahead.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Zero, AJ is going to go play baseball***

TALL DAWG
10-07-2018, 07:08 PM
There are now forecasted projections of Dallas picking up AJ mid-first round. But it won?t do any good for Dak if he can?t run a route. If he can, it could be exciting times ahead.

Would love for Dak?s Boys to get AJ or Metcalf. Heck, they could?ve had Calvin Riddle this year!
AJ will be fine running routes...he learned how at Starkville HS.

Dawgowar
10-07-2018, 07:12 PM

True, he will probably want his own bowl. The Me Me Me Me Bowl?

justwin
10-07-2018, 07:19 PM

his stats last 2 years have been heavily enhanced by OOC games too. Same as this year. You just don't see guys his size & bulk go 1st round anymore i the NFL. He doesn't have elite speed and his hands are shaky against the best competition. A completely revamped Bama secondary shut him down this year @ his house. If you're 6'1" or shorter, you must be 4.4 or sub to go 1st. otherwise, you have to be taller like Metcalf. Been saying it for a while, Metcalf is better.

If the NFL will try to taint Dak like Tebow they will certainly taint AJ like Treadwell deservedly. I don't think people realize how much of a colossal bust Treadwell has been in the NFL. it's not like Treadwell has been a bad guy off the field either. It's that he's slow. Treadwell knew he was slow and why he didn't run in Indy. Ran a 4.6 at the OM pro day & Treadwell was a good colllege fb player. If AJ doesn't run in indy, then that's a big red flag to GMs. That 40 time in Indy will determine his future.

Political Hack
10-07-2018, 07:49 PM
his stats last 2 years have been heavily enhanced by OOC games too. Same as this year. You just don't see guys his size & bulk go 1st round anymore i the NFL. He doesn't have elite speed and his hands are shaky against the best competition. A completely revamped Bama secondary shut him down this year @ his house. If you're 6'1" or shorter, you must be 4.4 or sub to go 1st. otherwise, you have to be taller like Metcalf. Been saying it for a while, Metcalf is better.

If the NFL will try to taint Dak like Tebow they will certainly taint AJ like Treadwell deservedly. I don't think people realize how much of a colossal bust Treadwell has been in the NFL. it's not like Treadwell has been a bad guy off the field either. It's that he's slow. Treadwell knew he was slow and why he didn't run in Indy. Ran a 4.6 at the OM pro day & Treadwell was a good colllege fb player. If AJ doesn't run in indy, then that's a big red flag to GMs. That 40 time in Indy will determine his future.

I can see it sliding that way too, hence the post.

Goldendawg
10-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Are they asked to do more than go routes? Might be a learning curve with them but both are incredible talents no doubt.

They run to green grass per Longo. My real answer pertaining to him in the draft: I couldn't care less.