PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2018, 12:28 PM
I was done with Moorhead I was sure he couldn't/wouldn't adjust to who we are as a team and a program. This past week he did. And I'm more than happy to eat the crow.

Offensively we had 57 rushing attempts to 17 passes. That is MSU football. Idk the math but thats probably around 70-75 percent run. At times I finally saw what looked like a RPO with the throws to the H back off of inside zone. Its a good football play and he ran the hell out of it at Penn St. Also ran probably my favorite play in football the power read all night. A couple missed reads here and there but nothing that killed us. I would like to see us get tougher on 3rd and 4th and short. Maybe make a jumbo package or at least do something besides Fitz up the gut. (Which honestly isnt a bad idea in itself.)

Now as far as all yall on Fitz. All yall should have to issue a public apology to that kid bc he played his ass off and he does every saturday regardless of what yall think. He is tough as a 2 dollar steak. Yes he still needs to work on the pass and he will. His WRs could help him by catching the football more consistently or simply going up and making a play. But you will hear no bitching from me tonight.

Defensively we play hard as hell. We play so hard downhill that screens and any misdirection hurts us at times. The sprint out draw that the kid fumbled for a TD for example. We went hauling ass to it and over ran it. Get the blinders off last night and Auburn doesnt have many first downs. 2nd half their entire offense was screen game. We will get it fixed Im sure.

We punched Auburn in the throat tonight and they got knocked out in the 4th quarter. That is who we are. And I promise you this, OM wants no part of that kind of game. Hail State

msbulldog
10-07-2018, 12:39 PM
I was done with Moorhead I was sure he couldn't/wouldn't adjust to who we are as a team and a program. This past week he did. And I'm more than happy to eat the crow.

Offensively we had 57 rushing attempts to 17 passes. That is MSU football. Idk the math but thats probably around 70-75 percent run. At times I finally saw what looked like a RPO with the throws to the H back off of inside zone. Its a good football play and he ran the hell out of it at Penn St. Also ran probably my favorite play in football the power read all night. A couple missed reads here and there but nothing that killed us. I would like to see us get tougher on 3rd and 4th and short. Maybe make a jumbo package or at least do something besides Fitz up the gut. (Which honestly isnt a bad idea in itself.)

Now as far as all yall on Fitz. All yall should have to issue a public apology to that kid bc he played his ass off and he does every saturday regardless of what yall think. He is tough as a 2 dollar steak. Yes he still needs to work on the pass and he will. His WRs could help him by catching the football more consistently or simply going up and making a play. But you will hear no bitching from me tonight.

Defensively we play hard as hell. We play so hard downhill that screens and any misdirection hurts us at times. The sprint out draw that the kid fumbled for a TD for example. We went hauling ass to it and over ran it. Get the blinders off last night and Auburn doesnt have many first downs. 2nd half their entire offense was screen game. We will get it fixed Im sure.

We punched Auburn in the throat tonight and they got knocked out in the 4th quarter. That is who we are. And I promise you this, OM wants no part of that kind of game. Hail State

Way to man up Bucky! Rep given! I have never spoken ill of Nickie Fitz and I never will. After all the punishment I have seen him endure these last 3 years, he has nothing but my admiration.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Way to man up Bucky! Rep given! I have never spoken ill of Nickie Fitz and I never will. After all the punishment I have seen him endure these last 3 years, he has nothing but my admiration.

Im more than happy to be wrong at times like this. I just hope Moorhead sticks with this and adds to it as he goes along because LSU will shut us down if we go back to the MoorRaid.

Also I hope he is willing to commit to this long term bc idk if he will ever get the WRs or QB to run his offense like he did at Penn St and even if he does its a different animal down here. Big 10 folk dont live this life. You are going to get better players and different schemes than you get up there. I dont think it has ever been more obvious that the SEC is the king of CFB.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Great post Bucky! Agree with everything you just said!

bluelightstar
10-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Agree -- I am delighted that Moorhead served me a big plate of CROW. This has to be our game plan every week going forward, and 9-3 is still on the table if so.

As far as Fitz, nobody will ever doubt that the kid plays hard -- but his passing is never going to get there. This is what we need to call every week, and let the passing game develop with our next QB. Kudos to Moorhead.

DownwardDawg
10-07-2018, 02:00 PM
I agree. I've been traveling since the game last night and just now got the chance to log-in. Coach Moorehead did a fantastic job on his playcalling and offensive planning of this game. This is what our offense can do well. I loved watching that game last night. It made me smile while we were punishing Auburn's defense all night. I have hope again!!!! Congrats Coach. Great job!!!!!