PDA

View Full Version : Fight song question

Fader21
10-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Noticed at the end that people are saying Hail State. I am use to saying Go State. Which one do you prefer?

Bully13
10-07-2018, 11:06 AM
I always thought ours was the best. even though I'm prejudiced for us, it's a hell of a fight song. I like both Hail State and Go State.

props to Notre Dame and Memphis as well.

Fader21
10-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Of course ours is the best to hear. But I love ND and Michigan. Maybe Michigan because of my Madison Central ties

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Ours is the best. Lyrics need to be changed though with the Hail State branding.

...yell yell yell
For dear Ol State WE WILL YELL H-A-I-L.....

Yea Alabama is a close 2nd.

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Fight for MS State, win the game today. Go State.

Heard some young dude say Hailstate. I was like....wronggggggg

With that being said, I am cool if they officially changed it. Until then, students may want to say it correctly. You are 17n college students and not middle schoolers. Show some 17n pride.

Dawg2003
10-07-2018, 12:03 PM
It was Go State when I was in college almost 20 years ago, but the kids say Hail State now.

iPat09
10-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Of course ours is the best to hear. But I love ND and Michigan. Maybe Michigan because of my Madison Central ties

I was in the band at Olde Towne before Ridgeland High School was built (which is where I ended up going). Every time I hear Michigan's fight song now, I think of OTMS and MC.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Ours is the best. Lyrics need to be changed though with the Hail State branding.

...yell yell yell

Our fight song is not broadcast to everyone so why would you want to brand it a certain way? Changing the lyrics to our fight song is a no no. You don't **** with tradition. Should we change the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner too?

Goldendawg
10-07-2018, 01:23 PM

...yell yell yell

Taken from a plaque I've had for about 35 years:

Hail, dear old State!
Fight for the victory today,
Hit the line and tote that ball,
Cross the line before you fall!
And then we'll yell,
Yell, yell,yell!
For dear old State,
We'll yell like hell! (spelled out to h-e-l-l now)
Fight for Mississippi State,
Win the game today!

That's it on the plaque, but I am a State grad of '77 and have always heard, Go State! added on the end. If you watch the after game video from team in the locker room last night they do the same.

Bully13
10-07-2018, 01:36 PM
The Lyrics are great but I think the music is even better.

The music for Notre Dame and Memphis is good too.

Fader21
10-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Taken from a plaque I've had for about 35 years:

Hail, dear old State!
Fight for the victory today,
Hit the line and tote that ball,
Cross the line before you fall!
And then we'll yell,
Yell, yell,yell!
For dear old State,
We'll yell like hell! (spelled out to h-e-l-l now)
Fight for Mississippi State,
Win the game today!

That's it on the plaque, but I am a State grad of '77 and have always heard, Go State! added on the end. If you watch the after game video from team in the locker room last night they do the same.

In the locker room video I hear Hail State.

Goldendawg
10-07-2018, 01:48 PM
In the locker room video I hear Hail State.

You may be right as my ears are still ringing from last night! I even thought my Sunday School teacher was talking too loud in church this morning. A good church friend is a lifelong AU fan (tough for him with all these NE MS and NW AL bamer fans). He wasn't at church this morning, but told me last Sunday that we would win as the AU offense was awful. Hail State!

DownwardDawg
10-07-2018, 02:07 PM
It's always been Go State until the recent marketing push of the Hail State. All the players and all the students now say Hail State. It makes since actually.

RocketDawg
10-07-2018, 03:41 PM
I always thought ours was the best. even though I'm prejudiced for us, it's a hell of a fight song. I like both Hail State and Go State.

props to Notre Dame and Memphis as well.

And Michigan.