PDA

View Full Version : ESPN FPI Has Us Ranked 13th

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing how this off week helps us. With the identity we established last night, I believe we are an "average" passing game away from being a boarderline elite football team. Just average. Maybe this off week can help us accomplish that.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espns-updated-fpi-after-week-6-has-8-sec-teams-in-top-25/

Dawg61
10-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Fitz took the check down option on the pass a couple times throwing it to the TEs. He keeps doing that we can be effective enough. Guidry and Mitchell are gonna be starving for targets though.

MetEdDawg
10-07-2018, 10:34 AM
This season is not over. The only team I think is truly better than us is Alabama. We could go 9-3 and still make a good season out of this thing.

Moorhead got his big win and now he gets the bye week. LSU got Florida on the road and UGA, then us. This sets up very well for us to grab the momentum and make a second half run. If we do that recruiting will fall in line more than it currently is.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 10:40 AM
This season is not over. The only team I think is truly better than us is Alabama. We could go 9-3 and still make a good season out of this thing.

Moorhead got his big win and now he gets the bye week. LSU got Florida on the road and UGA, then us. This sets up very well for us to grab the momentum and make a second half run. If we do that recruiting will fall in line more than it currently is.

Completely agree.

I'm excited to see how Moorhead can use the foundation that laid last night & build a productive passing game off of it.

Very excited about what I saw last night

Jack Lambert
10-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Keep throwing to the TE's.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Keep throwing to the TE's.

Agree. They almost have to be called passes to them though.

I think most college teams struggle to throw to the TE because they are usually the 3rd or 4th read & most college QBs can't go that far into a progression