PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! Moorhead went heavy run.

Thick
10-07-2018, 08:43 AM
I really like 5 wide, motion RB into backfield and run read option. It makes it very hard to play the run inside/outside. BUT, WE TAKE ENTIRELY TOO LONG BETWEEN PLAYS!! No tempo whatsoever, and I hate the way we audible, and it makes it easier on the defense to get aligned. I hope that Moorhead makes some adjustments during the open week before heading to DV. Overall though much better performance and outcome.

msstate7
10-07-2018, 08:46 AM
I want to stay run heavy in every game from here out, but I do like those quick passes to the TE on the edge

FriarsPoint
10-07-2018, 08:47 AM
I really like 5 wide, motion RB into backfield and run read option. It makes it very hard to play the run inside/outside. BUT, WE TAKE ENTIRELY TOO LONG BETWEEN PLAYS!! No tempo whatsoever, and I hate the way we audible, and it makes it easier on the defense to get aligned. I hope that Moorhead makes some adjustments during the open week before heading to DV. Overall though much better performance and outcome.

He still needs the work on short yardage too. 3rd/4th and short over the last 3 games we?ve gotten stuffed or lost yardage far too often. Williams falls forward every time. 4th and 1......give him the ball.

Thick
10-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Short yardage situations would be great if he would bring in like Simmons or one of our TEs as an H back with Fitz and Hill/Williams and run some dive plays and straight lead options.

bulldawg28
10-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Short yardage situations would be great if he would bring in like Simmons or one of our TEs as an H back with Fitz and Hill/Williams and run some dive plays and straight lead options.

I was saying the exact thing to the guy sitting beside me at the game last night. Any short yardage I'm bringing in Simmons and following him. He would destroy someone

parabrave
10-07-2018, 11:09 AM
"I took my coaching Pills"/ Hillarious.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Fitz throwing to WRs

http://i.imgur.com/YUIcGKP.gif

bulldawg28
10-07-2018, 11:28 AM
"I took my coaching Pills"/ Hillarious.

It's actually calling playing the game pills

Dental Dawg33
10-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Fitz throwing to WRs

Hahahah.
That one he threw to Guidry was possibly the hardest thrown ball I?ve ever seen. Guidry?s body language was ?holy shit batman?

Sienfield
10-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Hahahah.
That one he threw to Guidry was possibly the hardest thrown ball I?ve ever seen. Guidry?s body language was ?holy shit batman?

Exactly. It looked like a fast ball to the shortstop.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2018, 01:03 PM
57 rushes to 17 passes. Idc what none of yall say Guidry has to catch the football. At what point is it his fault and not Fitz's. Hes only dropped about 5 passes in 5 games already

Jack Lambert
10-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Our offensive line was built and coached to pound yardage out. Auburn defense was worn out going into the third quarter.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Fitz throwing to WRs

Dang Gun that's hilarious, and accurate lol!

KOdawg1
10-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Love the new play calls. Auburn had no clue what was happening at first, and once they did, they still couldn't stop it. I like the quick passes to the TEs as well

Only thing I'd like to add would be a few intermediate to long passes. If we could develop just an average passing game, we'd be near unbeatable besides Bama

KOdawg1
10-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Fitz throwing to WRs

Fitz could probably touch 95 with a baseball. Dude has a canon. Too much of one lol

yjnkdawg
10-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Hahahah.

Yep ! That football was smoking. It did seem to be an accurate throw. Just needed to not throw a 95 mph + fastball in that situation.

yjnkdawg
10-07-2018, 01:22 PM
I want to stay run heavy in every game from here out, but I do like those quick passes to the TE on the edge

I do too in the short term, but when JoeMo has a quarterback who is able to run his whole package (running and passing) as his system is designed to do. I want to see that offense

Thick
10-07-2018, 01:42 PM
57 rushes to 17 passes. Idc what none of yall say Guidry has to catch the football. At what point is it his fault and not Fitz's. Hes only dropped about 5 passes in 5 games already

I don’t disagree with you, but Fitz has one speed throwing the ball regardless of route or distance, and it’s 100 mph. He throw a couple of balls over the middle like 5 yd drag routes that Rice or Largent couldn’t catch. He reminds me of Tony Shell with his velocity. I do agree, good receivers should not drop balls. Guidry really hasn’t proved to be reliable at this level of play yet. Hopefully he starts catching everything

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2018, 01:48 PM
I don’t disagree with you, but Fitz has one speed throwing the ball regardless of route or distance, and it’s 100 mph. He throw a couple of balls over the middle like 5 yd drag routes that Rice or Largent couldn’t catch. He reminds me of Tony Shell with his velocity. I do agree, good receivers should not drop balls. Guidry really hasn’t proved to be reliable at this level of play yet. Hopefully he starts catching everything

Fitz can make every throw in the book but its not consistent enough and our WRs are not consistent enough catching it. So RTDF till it opens up a shot play. I was waiting for a deep shot off that power read action but we never hit it. We didnt need too turned out

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Thick,

Can you add to your post about why the motion makes playing the run inside out difficult?

Also, why did the RB always motion to the opposite side of the QB?

Thick
10-07-2018, 02:16 PM
When we went 5 wide with a RB in the slot that spreads the defense. When he goes into motion depending on the defense someone's chasing him or the defense is checking down to make sure he’s covered. That motion creates some confusion, then add the read option to that it forces at least 2 defenders to chase the rb which makes the inside more vulnerable. The beauty of this is that this formation with the motion could also turn into play action pass. When that gets added look out especially if they are in man coverage.

Moorhead also put Hill beside Fitz and brought Williams into motion from the outside. This formation could evolve into several different running plays and/or play action as well. I’m going to bet the house that those formations will have at least 2-3 plays added to them during the open date. Moorhead gave AU just a taste of what his offense is capable of doing running wise.

FriarsPoint
10-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Thick,

Can you add to your post about why the motion makes playing the run inside out difficult?

Also, why did the RB always motion to the opposite side of the QB?

Because you?re putting pressure on your read, be it LB or DE, to make a decision. If he guesses wrong, toast. It?s the same thing we did under Mullen with a different way of doing it. And the reason was to neutralize their speed.

FriarsPoint
10-07-2018, 02:18 PM
When we went 5 wide with a RB in the slot that spreads the defense. When he goes into motion depending on the defense someone's chasing him or the defense is checking down to make sure he’s covered. That motion creates some confusion, then add the read option to that it forces at least 2 defenders to chase the rb which makes the inside more vulnerable. The beauty of this is that this formation with the motion could also turn into play action pass. When that gets added look out especially if they are in man coverage.

Moorhead also put Hill beside Fitz and brought Williams into motion from the outside. This formation could evolve into several different running plays and/or play action as well. I’m going to bet the house that those formations will have at least 2-3 plays added to them during the open date. Moorhead gave AU just a taste of what his offense is capable of doing running wise.

Forget what I said. This is better. Hahahahaha

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2018, 02:25 PM

So glad Moorhead figured thing out.

Thick
10-07-2018, 02:25 PM
I would love to see this formation vs LSU. 4 wide outs with, 3 to strong side (Williams being 1 of them), 1 to the weak side with Hill lined up on the strong side of Fitz. Bring Williams in motion, fake the speed sweep going to the weak side and run the option with Fitz and Hill back to the strong side. That could also turn into a pass as well especially if they are playing zone defense. If we could go uptempo with this personnel group we could cause all kinds of mismatches.

TimberBeast
10-07-2018, 02:52 PM

I love taking the clock all the way down between every play. I always hated mullen snapping the ball with 25 seconds left on the play clock. I get that it keeps things moving faster and keeps the defense on their heels but the less offensive snaps the other team gets the better. It?s compounded even more by us being run heavy.

BulldogBear
10-07-2018, 02:58 PM
He still needs the work on short yardage too. 3rd/4th and short over the last 3 games we?ve gotten stuffed or lost yardage far too often. Williams falls forward every time. 4th and 1......give him the ball.

Well, part of it is that on 3rd or 4th and short, Fitz keeps the ball. Every. Time.

It didn't work last night because the defense ignored everyone but Fitz on 3rd or 4th and short because they knew he was just going to keep it. There was more than one time last night that the RB would've walked into the end one if Fitz had given it to him, including once from about 40 yards out. Need to work on that. Overall Fitz was a beast.

I'm extremely pleased with last night overall. We finally played an SEC game with the right offensive philosophy.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Great post! I also noticed he motioned Thomas and Mixon into the backfield with Hill and Willians a couple times too. Lotta speed, power and quickness in that grouping

RougeDawg
10-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Great post! I also noticed he motioned Thomas and Mixon into the backfield with Hill and Willians a couple times too. Lotta speed, power and quickness in that grouping

Yes. The motion and play calling was glorious. Looked like the old offense with a new wrinkle or three.

We have to run the ball to be successful and it looks like this staff figured it out after two weeks. When we get personnel to run the passing aspect we can transposition. Until the RTGDF!!!!