PDA

View Full Version : SEC Refs

Goldendawg
10-07-2018, 02:10 AM
I still think the SEC has the worse Refs in college football. As a State fan, have often thought the SEC office had the fix in for the "Big Boys" to win to keep them in the playoff picture for Mega $'s. Was at the game as usual and their constant reviews are totally disrupting the flow of the game. Did any of you guys see the AU player headbutt one of our players from behind (I think it was the play before Nick's 2nd TD), and of course not a single Ref saw it? Virtually each review went our way, but we made the plays. SEC has the $ and needs to have better refs.

Pit Bull
10-07-2018, 02:17 AM
Overall, I liked the way the refs in our game let the game play. I dont even remember any penalties called. Probably the fewest ever that I can remember if any were called. Lot of replays though.

Goldendawg
10-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Overall, I liked the way the refs in our game let the game play. I dont even remember any penalties called. Probably the fewest ever that I can remember if any were called. Lot of replays though.

Did you see the uncalled headbutt?

TUSK
10-07-2018, 02:28 AM
gawd

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2018, 02:33 AM
I still think the SEC has the worse Refs in college football. As a State fan, have often thought the SEC office had the fix in for the "Big Boys" to win to keep them in the playoff picture for Mega $'s. Was at the game as usual and their constant reviews are totally disrupting the flow of the game. Did any of you guys see the AU player headbutt one of our players from behind (I think it was the play before Nick's 2nd TD), and of course not a single Ref saw it? Virtually each review went our way, but we made the plays. SEC has the $ and needs to have better refs.

The level of officiating is dropping across the board. I take it none of you are into Mississippi high school football. If you were you would be praising what we see on SAturday. .

Duckdog
10-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Did you see the uncalled headbutt?

Yes!

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2018, 09:03 AM
I only remember 1 penalty to be honest. The reviews definitely hurt the flow, but each of those reviews were needed. Not sure why they didn't review the spot one one of our running plays on 2nd down where Fitz got stuffed on 4th down.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2018, 09:54 AM
There were a couple of big time holds auburn committed that they didnt call that they had big gains on. If you have rules, they need to be enforced. If you want to just "let them play", then get rid of the rules or change them to fit that. The refs job should be black and white, not just gray and calling what they feel like that night.

TXDawg
10-07-2018, 09:59 AM
The worst thing about the headbutt is that a ref saw it, ran in to separate the players, but didn’t throw a flag on it. I guarantee if we would have retaliated, we would’ve been flagged.