PDA

View Full Version : LSU florida

msstate7
10-06-2018, 02:47 PM
3 mins in, and LSU has outscored us. But, but, but, Florida awesome defense. Blah, blah, blah

RocketDawg
10-06-2018, 02:48 PM
LSU looking good early on.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 02:49 PM
LSU looking good early on.

Playing a garbage run defense team.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Ark scored more in the 1st half vs bama than we scored vs Kentucky and Florida in 2 games.

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Only one conclusion can be reached based on this game so far..... we are garbage. The personnel are there, can we fix it.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Huge play for Florida D

Duckdog
10-06-2018, 03:00 PM
**** danno and **** the tigers

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Only one conclusion can be reached based on this game so far..... we are garbage. The personnel are there, can we fix it.

Yep. If we change head coaches. Because he is not altering his offense.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 03:03 PM
If we actually told Grantham no thanks and then hired SloMo, Cohen needs to be on the same train as SloMo after the Egg Bowl.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2018, 03:07 PM
God LSU is so damn overrated.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 03:12 PM
God LSU is so damn overrated.

They will be difficult to score on. Their offense is limited.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Felipe Franks is garbage.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 03:14 PM
3 mins in, and LSU has outscored us. But, but, but, Florida awesome defense. Blah, blah, blah

You were saying? Looks like they are settling down now.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Florida defense looking much better now. God, I would've loved to have grantham coach our D this year

msstate7
10-06-2018, 03:15 PM
You were saying? Looks like they are settling down now.

Point remains, LSU did more than us on 1 drive

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 03:16 PM
So if Florida wins today, we win today, and UK beats A&M will our fans STFU?

Cooterpoot
10-06-2018, 03:17 PM
They will be difficult to score on. Their offense is limited.

We’d struggle to score on Clarkdale High School.

Bully13
10-06-2018, 03:17 PM
We don't have much room to call anybody garbage at this point.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Point remains, LSU did more than us on 1 drive

Hey, we are playing a gimp QB and keep thinking he’s like he was in 2017. I’ve said a million times this offense depends so much on the QB. 2018 Fitz is about 50-60% of what 2017 Fitz was. You ain’t winning shit with 50-60 Fitz.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2018, 03:20 PM
This game looks exactly like our game vs UF so far.

UF gave up points in both games opening drive. Except LSU got a td. Since then UF has two sacks and is winning the field position battle.

After 1qtr, same game as ours.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 03:22 PM
We’d struggle to score on Clarkdale High School.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.....btw Texas just beat Oklahoma and beat KSU 19-14 last week but we couldn’t score on Clarksdale.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Florida just rammed it down LSU’s throat there. Had to use a trick play to score a TD against us.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Well, it took UF 3 quarters to score a TD on our defense.

This is an interesting game. I really thought LSU would destroy IF with physical play. Not the case so far.

I’m going to say..... UF is good. Kentucky is really good.

3rdGen
10-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Florida showing power run game! Maybe we will also see some of that tonight.

parabrave
10-06-2018, 03:36 PM
wwow a screen pass. so thats what one looks like.

AROB44
10-06-2018, 03:39 PM
So if Florida wins today, we win today, and UK beats A&M will our fans STFU?

Not some of the ones that post on here.....

msstate7
10-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Not some of the ones that post on here.....

I will take my medicine if that happens. I want to catch some flack

dawgday166
10-06-2018, 03:52 PM
I will take my medicine if that happens. I want to catch some flack

Lol .. I'll believe that when I see it **

Commercecomet24
10-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Dan gonna beat O again

msstate7
10-06-2018, 04:00 PM

You think I'm pulling against us? There's no way in hell I'd do that

BrunswickDawg
10-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Where did 2:00 minute drill Dan Mullen come from?

dawgday166
10-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Where did 2:00 minute drill Dan Mullen come from?

Dan's motivated to coach now. He's calling a good game. How often did you see him run plays like he just ran for touchdowns against really good teams when coaching us? It was always QB draw up the middle inside the 10.

dawgday166
10-06-2018, 04:07 PM
You think I'm pulling against us? There's no way in hell I'd do that

Didn't say that. And even tho FL may be better than we thought, that doesn't make us a good team.

ETA: What I meant is you'll always 'pine for yo boy.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 04:11 PM

One thing I will say for 7 is he's happy to be wrong. He'll still find something else to complain about immediately, but he does take his medicine when his sky is falling predictions turn out wrong

CovertDawg
10-06-2018, 04:13 PM
It is so obvious that Florida has better burst at the receiver position than we do ......and their running backs are pretty shifty too.

As for our defense, it has been fine. People act like we were the 85 Bears last year but we gave up 21 points a game on average. We were good and Grantham did an excellent job but I blame all our problems this year on the lack of offensive production.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Why didn’t we offer Mullen on of those Jimbo contracts?

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 04:18 PM
It is so obvious that Florida has better burst at the receiver position than we do ......and their running backs are pretty shifty too.

As for our defense, it has been fine. People act like we were the 85 Bears last year but we gave up 21 points a game on average. We were good and Grantham did an excellent job but I blame all our problems this year on the lack of offensive production.

Mullen has the best WR unit he’s ever had as a head coach.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 04:19 PM

I heard roughly 6M a year. State law means it can only be for 4 years though, os even if it was 100% guaranteed you're looking at 4 years o nthe hook for 28M vs 10 years and 75M

msstate7
10-06-2018, 04:20 PM
One thing I will say for 7 is he's happy to be wrong. He'll still find something else to complain about immediately, but he does take his medicine when his sky is falling predictions turn out wrong

Lol... I don't complain that much, do I?

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 04:20 PM
I will say that both Florida and LSU both seem to move the ball more effectively when they snap the ball early in the play count. These defenses are tough and you have to use every advantage to beat them. Not allowing them to catch their breath is Something you must use to your advantage.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Well said. Everyone cites last year's "top 10 D", but that was using total yards; in scoring D we were in the 20s. This year we're 11th in total D and 8th in scoring D. That's pretty clear improvement, especially given how little rest the O has given them recently and the fact the scrubs were in late vs the first 3 teams. Yet so many people want to bitch about Shoop... I think a lot of people said to them selves pre-season "If this team doesn't win 10, I bet it's because Shoop sucks" and they never adjusted that opinion to the on field facts

Beaver
10-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Why didn’t we offer Mullen on of those Jimbo contracts? Don't know if it would've convinced him to stay. I really think the only reason he left is because of talent. He knew he couldn't get enough talent at MSU to compete with the big boys year after year. UF only has one real challenger in the east (UGA), and it's way easier for him to recruit in Florida.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Lol... I don't complain that much, do I?

you kind of do. There's stupider pessimist takes than yours posted for sure, and many of yours I agree with, but when you do decide something bad is happening you scream it from the rooftops in every thread even if you know we've all seen your posts

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Don't know if it would've convinced him to stay. I really think the only reason he left is because of talent. He knew he couldn't get enough talent at MSU to compete with the big boys year after year. UF only has one real challenger in the east (UGA), and it's way easier for him to recruit in Florida.

I always thought it came down to that. I figured he would leave after Dak because, if he couldn't beat Bama and win the SEC with that team, he wasn't gonna do it. He wants to win a natty, and FL is the path of least resistance. I think he can recruit well enough to challenge Kirby at some point.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 04:31 PM
you kind of do. There's stupider pessimist takes than yours posted for sure, and many of yours I agree with, but when you do decide something bad is happening you scream it from the rooftops in every thread even if you know we've all seen your posts

I'm checking into billboards around Mississippi as we speak

Commercecomet24
10-06-2018, 04:32 PM

He didn't want to be here. He left, contract wouldn't have mattered. We gave him everything he asked for.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 04:33 PM
He didn't want to be here. He left, contract wouldn't have mattered. We gave him everything he asked for.

Yeah, everyone knows I loved Mullen, but he wasn't coming back

Commercecomet24
10-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Yeah, everyone knows I loved Mullen, but he wasn't coming back

Yep. I wish he would've stayed, but he had run his course here. He was ready to move on.

BrunswickDawg
10-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Didn't say that. And even tho FL may be better than we thought, that doesn't make us a good team.

ETA: What I meant is you'll always 'pine for yo boy.

Or maybe last year was an aberration for UF

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 04:47 PM
If Florida scores another TD here it’s ovah.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Here’s a question for you though. Why didn’t we take away the bubble screen last week and force Franks to beat us deep? Seems like that is the best way to stop their offense with the DL we have.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Florida has some pretty good talent on defense.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 04:50 PM
I give Nicky Fitz one more Quarter. If he is still looking like warmed over ass, pull him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Here’s a question for you though. Why didn’t we take away the bubble screen last week and force Franks to beat us deep? Seems like that is the best way to stop their offense with the DL we have.

I agree that was an adjustment we should have made. Shoop was stubborn in wanting to keep 2 safeties high. the result was easy yards and our S being quick to fly up to the line, which is why their trick play TD worked. Had we been up at the line, we'd have easily stopped those screens and the TD wouldn't have worked.

Still though, anecdotal failed adjustments aside, our D has given up 13.4 ppg this year. 8th in the country. Yeah I know the counter, 'But we played an FCS, G5, and bad P5 team so of course our D looks good", but the fact is every team in the country has played basically that same description of teams. We bottled up Kentucky till the game was clearly over and we held Florida fewer points than LSU has through 3 quarters. Our D is improved, or at least the last thing we should be complain about. O and ST are the real flaws

NCDawg
10-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Yep. I wish he would've stayed, but he had run his course here. He was ready to move on.

I never like him. I was glad he left and took Hevesy with him.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 05:31 PM
What LSU did on this drive is why you shouldn’t have given up on the running game. Man what a wasted opportunity last week. Should have beaten Florida last week.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 05:33 PM
If Florida scores another TD here it’s ovah.

I think it’s ova for Florida. Maybe.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 05:34 PM
What LSU did on this drive is why you shouldn’t have given up on the running game. Man what a wasted opportunity last week. Should have beaten Florida last week.

I agree. Makes me sick. They gave up 300 yards rushing against Kentucky.

bluelightstar
10-06-2018, 05:35 PM
This game is more evidence of Moorhead’s idiotic game plan. Florida hasn’t stopped the run all year.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 05:39 PM
That looked like a Mitchell drop for Florida.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Moorhead stopps running the ball the second the opposing teams stacks the box. And if we could pass block, or if Nick was a goo passer, I'd be ok with that. The fact is though we have to keep running it even against stacked boxes. Moorhead has seen our pass O suck ass for 2 games now. If he still runs the ball for 8 ypc, then stops completely the second the extra S drops into the box, then he's simply not going to change no matter what.

The problem with Moorheads playcalling is a combo of Fitz making bad adjustments (he can't recognize blitzes), and Moorhead believing we're a balanced team. If Moorhead would simply the options for Fitz and star running more we'd be fine. Well, Johnson will make sure we aren't "fine", but you know what I mean

msstate7
10-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Good game. Missing Mullen yet?

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 05:42 PM
I never like him. I was glad he left and took Hevesy with him.
I don?t blame him for leaving. I blame Cohn for hiring a dud.

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Moorhead stopps running the ball the second the opposing teams stacks the box. And if we could pass block, or if Nick was a goo passer, I'd be ok with that. The fact is though we have to keep running it even against stacked boxes. Moorhead has seen our pass O suck ass for 2 games now. If he still runs the ball for 8 ypc, then stops completely the second the extra S drops into the box, then he's simply not going to change no matter what.

The problem with Moorheads playcalling is a combo of Fitz making bad adjustments (he can't recognize blitzes), and Moorhead believing we're a balanced team. If Moorhead would simply the options for Fitz and star running more we'd be fine. Well, Johnson will make sure we aren't "fine", but you know what I mean

If Key was further along in his development he’d be great in Moorhead’s offense. Fitz imo is a lost cause. He throws one speed. Fastball. He has no touch on his throws and he doesn’t run at all like he did last year. He’s a big big reason why we are struggling on offense. And if they’d ever put in Key you’d see what I’m talking about.

RocketDawg
10-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Hope the LSU/Florida game is over by 6:30. It's too good to leave.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Good game. Missing Mullen yet?

lol this is what I meant by saying you beat the same issue over and over and over. Literally everyone on this board knows this season would be better with Mullen, and even you have acknowledged that Mullen was leaving no matter what offer we made him to stay so there was nothing we could have done to change this situation. So what exactly does saying "missing Mullen yet?" accomplish? It's like a wife that brings up every time her husbands messes up over and over and over again. Serves no purpose except to make people annoyed at you. I like you and am gad you are willing to say things the hive doesn't want to hear, but sometimes I don't get why you keep beating the same drum so much

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Grantham has this Florida defense on point. Florida’s offense is meh.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 05:55 PM
lol this is what I meant by saying you beat the same issue over and over and over. Literally everyone on this board knows this season would be better with Mullen, and even you have acknowledged that Mullen was leaving no matter what offer we made him to stay so there was nothing we could have done to change this situation. So what exactly does saying "missing Mullen yet?" accomplish? It's like a wife that brings up every time her husbands messes up over and over and over again. Serves no purpose except to make people annoyed at you. I like you and am gad you are willing to say things the hive doesn't want to hear, but sometimes I don't get why you keep beating the same drum so much

Bc I always liked Mullen, and there were a ton here that beat the Mullen sucks drum a long time. Mullen was the anchor around our neck or whatever

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Bc I always liked Mullen, and there were a ton here that beat the Mullen sucks drum a long time. Mullen was the anchor around our neck or whatever

But pointing out that Mullen > Moorhead doens't actualyl refute that logic, we could have just made a bad hire yet it be true that Mullen had flaws holding us back from our potential.

Either way though, everyone on the board has acknowledged Mullen > Moorhead and that you are big on Mullen. Repeating this over and over doesn't achieve anything

msstate7
10-06-2018, 06:06 PM
But pointing out that Mullen > Moorhead doens't actualyl refute that logic, we could have just made a bad hire yet it be true that Mullen had flaws holding us back from our potential.

Either way though, everyone on the board has acknowledged Mullen > Moorhead and that you are big on Mullen. Repeating this over and over doesn't achieve anything

I'm not even comparing Mullen to Moorhead at this point. That's an insult to Mullen.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 06:06 PM
LSU is about to tank.

Burrow has been discovered. Next three games, UGA, MSU, & Bama

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Florida dude should've just fell down & not scored.

LSU has a chance now.

RocketDawg
10-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Grantham has this Florida defense on point. Florida’s offense is meh.

Just intercepted Burrow for a TD. LSU could still tie with a TD and 2 pointer, and still have a minute to play.

msstate7
LSU is about to tank.

Burrow has been discovered. Next three games, UGA, MSU, & Bama

You putting us in there with Georgia and bama? Come on mane

RougeDawg
Neither of these QBs look any good.

BrunswickDawg
10-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Lot of crow needing to be eaten about Florida being a trash team with no talent.

msstate7
Lot of crow needing to be eaten about Florida being a trash team with no talent.

And on Mullen, no?

ShotgunDawg

Just saying we can beat LSU.

It'll be a low scoring game. We are certainly the most likely win for them in that stretch, but we are more than capable of beating them

RocketDawg
Florida dude should've just fell down & not scored.

LSU has a chance now.

Yeah, but I bet he'd do the same thing over again.

RocketDawg
10-06-2018, 06:10 PM

Maybe he meant they'll be emotionally spent after this game and Georgia, and looking foward to Bama when we play 'em. That must be it.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Just saying we can beat LSU.

It'll be a low scoring game. We are certainly the most likely win for them in that stretch, but we are more than capable of beating them

If we do a 180 tonight, I'll agree. If nothing changes though, we ain't beating LSU

BrunswickDawg
10-06-2018, 06:11 PM
And on Mullen, no?

Looking that way

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 06:12 PM
If we do a 180 tonight, I'll agree. If nothing changes though, we ain't beating LSU

We do have an off week next week as well. You never know

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2018, 06:12 PM
And on Mullen, no?

I’ve got crow to eat on that front. Mullen is better than I thought he was. I would take him back in a second. We would be 5-0.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 06:14 PM
We do have an off week next week as well. You never know

We have technically had off weeks the last two weeks too.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 06:15 PM

You keep trying to throw jabs back at C34 and ISID like they haven't been gone for the last 6 months.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Burrow sucks. We can beat LSU.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 06:16 PM
You keep trying to throw jabs back at C34 and ISID like they haven't been gone for the last 6 months.

They taking their medicine like men, aren't they? Of course not... hiding like a beech

MarketingBully
10-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Gee, LSU just had 3 drops there. Drops happen folks the key is you have to get the ball to the receivers to give them more chances. Receivers drop passes but when 10 balls are just completely uncatchable it compounds that fact. Bench Fitz man.

TrapGame
10-06-2018, 06:18 PM
If Todd Grantham was really interested in the head coaching job Cohen screwed up.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 06:19 PM

Ill say our defense is as good as UGA and right under Bama at this point. If we can somehow show any resemblance of an offensive pulse we can win. If we had had any offensive pulse the last two weeks we would be undefeated. Defense is averaging the 13 PPG I figured we would. Just had no clue the offense would take this much of a step back.

Really Clark?
10-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Soooo a Top 5 win in Mullen’s first year at Florida.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2018, 06:20 PM
I’ve got crow to eat on that front. Mullen is better than I thought he was. I would take him back in a second. We would be 5-0.

He is the best coach we have had here since Darryl Royal. Some of us knew that all along. I hate he left. I still find it hard to believe how many MSU people wanted him to leave.

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 06:24 PM
He is the best coach we have had here since Darryl Royal. Some of us knew that all along. I hate he left. I still find it hard to believe how many MSU people wanted him to leave.

A lot of people had delusions. I thought he could have recruited better and he was an ass at times, but I've been around long enough that he did what was near impossible for our program.

Matt3467
10-06-2018, 06:24 PM

Some people who've never experienced success don't know how to handle it when they get it.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 06:29 PM
I?m glad he did what he did here!!
John Cohn screwed us by hiring joe
HS coaches could have coached this team to 5-0, 4-1 min. Joe is going down as the second worst hire in the sec this cycle

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Florida and Mullen are good. Props.

bobtail bob
10-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Nt

RocketDawg
10-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Now we're in the 4th quarter. These announcers must be tired.

MarketingBully
10-07-2018, 08:31 AM
So Florida beat LSU, we beat Auburn, and Kentucky took A&M to OT on the road. Can we have the board back now and stop with this bullshit vitriol and stupidity?

gravedigger
10-07-2018, 08:47 AM

No, sorry. Our team wasn?t and isn?t garbage based on some LSU UF score.

Doesn?t it bother you when you go back and read this crap?