PDA

View Full Version : Is Cohen Templeton 2.0?

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 01:43 PM
What has he accomplished? We've seen our marketing and video department take huge steps back. We've had a bad baseball hire (his strength) followed by a penny pinching baseball hire that has been questioned by boosters, fans, and analysts alike. We've had what appears to be a money-saving football coach hire that is derailing a decade worth of momentum in our football program.

But...hey...stadium refreshments are cheaper.

This just feels like Templeton moves.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 01:45 PM
No. Cohen wants to win more than anybody. Now, has he made good hires??? Time will tell. But LT cared nothing about winning.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Everyone loved the Cannizzaro hire till we found out he's as mature as DJ Pauly D. Everyone loved the Moorhead hire 3 weeks ago. Let's not blowup the university because we had two bad football games.

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Time will tell. But I'll always believe we couldn't get an elite baseball coach, in part, because none of those coaches wanted to work under Cohen.

Bully13
10-06-2018, 01:57 PM
We have an elite Hoops coach and we may have an elite baseball coach. football coach has been not good early on.

Drewbowski
10-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Stricklin hired the basketball coaches. I say show Cohen the door with Moorhead asap.

TNDawg35
10-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Lemonis hasn’t even coached a freakin game yet and everyone wants to bitch about him not being elite! Damn people give the fella a chance.

Sometimes I think people want to bitch just to bitch!! For ****s sake, relax!

Leeshouldveflanked
10-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Critical year for MSU Athletics....if Howland doesn’t make NCAA and Lemonis is a dud, a change at AD would be warranted.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2018, 02:18 PM
That's an insult to Templeton at this point.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 02:20 PM
While you're busy shitting on Cohen make sure you remember he's the biggest reason we can say we have arguably the greatest baseball stadium in the country.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I’ve never been a Cohen fan. But it’s too soon.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-06-2018, 02:26 PM
While you're busy shitting on Cohen make sure you remember he's the biggest reason we can say we have arguably the greatest baseball stadium in the country.

So will most everyone else in the conference.....

AROB44
10-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Cohen is not going anywhere....and none of the message board geniuses can do anything about it. Message board posters make up an infinitesimal percentage of the total fan base and probably an even smaller percentage of actual money donors.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Time will tell. But I'll always believe we couldn't get an elite baseball coach, in part, because none of those coaches wanted to work under Cohen.

In baseball, established elite HCs are not normally going to leave a well established program they developed, where they can make there own legacy, unless there is some other factor that would make them want to leave that school.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Everyone loved the Cannizzaro hire till we found out he's as mature as DJ Pauly D. Everyone loved the Moorhead hire 3 weeks ago. Let's not blowup the university because we had two bad football games.

No one wants to blow up the university because of two bad football games. It is the clueless response from the man in Charge of the football program after two shitshow ballgames. He and other coaches have stated that what they want to do is working. He basically had same response after wachgyge ant nothing changed. That?s why people think all hope is lost. Usually a person makes a noticeable change after a mistake, if they are ever going to make a change at all. Against Florida thee was 0.000 change from the previous week.

Drewbowski
10-06-2018, 03:52 PM

Stadiums dont win games

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 04:04 PM
No one wants to blow up the university because of two bad football games. It is the clueless response from the man in Charge of the football program after two shitshow ballgames. He and other coaches have stated that what they want to do is working. He basically had same response after wachgyge ant nothing changed. That?s why people think all hope is lost. Usually a person makes a noticeable change after a mistake, if they are ever going to make a change at all. Against Florida thee was 0.000 change from the previous week.

There's no change cause there's zero wrong with the system. It's the execution of it that's piss poor. It actually gives me more confidence in the RPO system that Moorhead isn't quick to scrap it after two bad games. We hired him to run his offense. Not win a couple extra games initially by running Mullen's offense but never get past where Mullen could get. It's going to take growing pains and growing hurts for a bit at first.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Stadiums dont win games

Our baseball team finished #4 in the country last year.

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 04:22 PM

Strik started that actually. Cohen just finished the project that was roadmapped for him. I could find a lot of people that can build a stadium if the project plans are handed to them.

And Cohen didn't hire Howland...wtf

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 04:22 PM
I have such weird emotions watching him coach FL because I have family who graduated from FL, and I've spent a lot of time in Gainesville. So I always found myself sort of rooting for FL from the periphery over the years when we didn't play them.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Strik started that actually. Cohen just finished the project that was roadmapped for him. I could find a lot of people that can build a stadium if the project plans are handed to them.

And Cohen didn't hire Howland...wtf

How much input do you think the baseball coach had in the new baseball stadium about to be built? How much money was secured for it when Strick pricked out? I never mentioned Howland so I'm guessing that's directed at Bully.

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 04:42 PM
How much input do you think the baseball coach had in the new baseball stadium about to be built? How much money was secured for it when Strick pricked out? I never mentioned Howland so I'm guessing that's directed at Bully.

I'm not saying Cohen had nothing to do with it but don't sit there and act like he steered the entire project. But...I'm just pissed about the massive missed opportunity that our football program has experienced this year so I'm lashing out at everything.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm not saying Cohen had nothing to do with it but don't sit there and act like he steered the entire project. But...I'm just pissed about the massive missed opportunity that our football program has experienced this year so I'm lashing out at everything.

The baseball project was mainly Stricklin.

Homedawg
10-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Our baseball team finished #4 in the country last year.

And the fact anyone says can was a bad hire after the fact of what happened is just stupid. His recruiting was awesome. He messed up. ShIt that didn't make it a bad hire.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 05:24 PM
I have such weird emotions watching him coach FL because I have family who graduated from FL, and I've spent a lot of time in Gainesville. So I always found myself sort of rooting for FL from the periphery over the years when we didn't play them.

I?m assuming you posted in the wrong thread. No??

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 06:23 PM
And the fact anyone says can was a bad hire after the fact of what happened is just stupid. His recruiting was awesome. He messed up. ShIt that didn't make it a bad hire.

There is A LOT of smoke out there that Cohen was aware of his tendencies and had been warned.

WPDawg
10-06-2018, 06:34 PM
There is A LOT of smoke out there that Cohen was aware of his tendencies and had been warned.

What does it matter? Hire looked good and provided some benefits to MSU. He had a lot going for him and the Kid messed up badly. He was let go. We went to the WS.

Move on.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2018, 06:35 PM

I've heard it was no secret at all and we chose to ignore it. Here is an honest question: Would YOU want to work for John Cohen? I wouldn't.