on SEC Nation...

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 10:08 AM
LOL. Uh..... what did they say?

Leroy Jenkins
10-06-2018, 10:12 AM
on SEC Nation...

1. Fitz aint the same guy
2. 49% (worst out of all of P5 starting QBs) and 2 of 18 downfield passing. TWO OF EIGHTEEN! Yes, I know, "drops". Whatever.
3. Fitz lacks confidencie in what we are trying to do in the passing game.
4. Fitz does not run as ferociously.... which is understandable.
5. Moorhead doesn't have his guy.
6. Is it time to see KT?
7. Another loss without improvement and there will be serious unrest in year one.

Even Pawwwl (who is a dipshit) said. "Mullen is likely undefeated with this team"

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 10:14 AM
1. Fitz aint the same guy
2. 49% (worst in all of P5 QBs) and 2 of 18 downfield passing.
3. Fitz does not run as ferociously.... which is understandable.
4. Moorhead doesn't have his guy.
5. Is it time to see KT?
6. Another loss without improvement and there will be serious unrest in year one.

Even Pawwwl (who is a dipshit) said. "Mullen is likely undefeated with this team"

Yup. They are dead on.

We've gone round & round with these same talking points.

Fitz is an above average runner for sure, but he's not the same guy he has been. Not as dynamic. KT apparently can't pick up the offense either, which is a knock on Moorhead IMO.

Coaches shouldn't need THEIR guy when they are inheriting a 9 win team. The should be humble enough to realize that wholesale changes aren't needed. Yet Moorhead took the approach that he was taking over a 9 loss team that needed a rebuild.

It's almost like Cohen forgot to ask a few questions when he interviewed Moorhead. Not saying that he shouldn't have hired Moorhead but Cohen clearly didn't ask Moorhead about our current team & how he would blend what he did with what our team already did well in order to maximize this team.

parabrave
10-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Yup. They are dead on.

Fitz is an above average runner for sure, but he's not the same guy he has been. Not as dynamic. KT apparently can't pick up the offense either, which is a knock on Moorhead IMO.

Coaches shouldn't need THEIR guy when they are inheriting a 9 win team. The should be humble enough to realize that wholesale changes aren't needed. Yet Moorhead took the approach that he was taking over a 9 loss team that needed a rebuild.

It's almost like Cohen forgot to ask a few questions when he interviewed Moorhead. Not saying that he shouldn't have hired Moorhead but Cohen clearly didn't ask Moorhead about our current team & how he would blend what he did with what our team already did well in order to maximize this team.

But he is trying to change the culture of the team.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 10:25 AM

He's changed it for the worse so far

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Mullen wouldn't beat @ UK with Fitz. He already lost to them in Gainesville with Franks by 2 touchdowns.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Mullen wouldn't beat at UK with Fitz. He already lost to them in Gainesville with Franks by 2 touchdowns.

He beat them 45-7 last year with Fitz.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Anybody laying all this on Fitz is wrong.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 10:40 AM

I haven't heard anyone put ALL of the blame on Fitz. However, he is PART of the problem.

Here are my percentages of who is at fault:

Moorhead & staff - 60%
Players - 40%
Of the players portion:
Fitz - 30%
WRs - 25 %
Offensive line - 45%

Cooterpoot
10-06-2018, 10:46 AM
That’s exactly what the SEC guys weee doing.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 10:48 AM

Yea 2017 Fitz. Let's look at this logic again here. Mullen beat State. Mullen lost to Kentucky. Y'all really think he'd take a team he beat that lost to Kentucky who he's already lost to with the team that beat State and then beat them on the road? That's all kinds of dumb especially when we KNOW Mullen never beats better teams than he's got.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Mullen wouldn't beat @ UK with Fitz. He already lost to them in Gainesville with Franks by 2 touchdowns.
That is the dumbest thing I have see you post... and that?s saying something. UK is an average team.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 10:53 AM

This is 100% on joe and this staff. A career RB coach and a bunch of GAs took a true freshman QB and near bobby petrino but a career Norheast assistant leads a team with 19 returning staters to a 3-2 record. And we won?t to blame Fitz?
Joe will go down as the worst hire this offseason. Morris is bad but he inherited a mess. Joe inherited a jag and turned it into a pull a part car

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Yea 2017 Fitz. Let's look at this logic again here. Mullen beat State. Mullen lost to Kentucky. Y'all really think he'd take a team he beat that lost to Kentucky who he's already lost to with the team that beat State and then beat them on the road? That's all kinds of dumb especially when we KNOW Mullen never beats better teams than he's got.
Last second turnover from UF and UK returned it for a TD. It was not a true 2 TD score.

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2018, 10:58 AM
I’m gonna finally admit this. I bashed Mullen every year , mainly because of his shopping around, but nonetheless he is a much better coach than I gave him credit for. We would win 10 minimum with him this year.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 11:02 AM
That is the dumbest thing I have see you post... and that?s saying something. UK is an average team.

Read your post if you wanna see something more dumb.

Drewbowski
10-06-2018, 11:03 AM

and that is saying a lot.

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 11:16 AM

Florida also beat them last year.

confucius say
10-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Shoulda got the Mohawk

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 11:20 AM
This is 100% on joe and this staff. A career RB coach and a bunch of GAs took a true freshman QB and near bobby petrino but a career Norheast assistant leads a team with 19 returning staters to a 3-2 record. And we won?t to blame Fitz?
Joe will go down as the worst hire this offseason. Morris is bad but he inherited a mess. Joe inherited a jag and turned it into a pull a part car

It's partially on the staff. Part of it is on the players too. A FCS QB from Fordham should not be able to pick up the offense better than Fitz. The only logical conclusion I can come to is Fitz didn't work hard enough in the offseason and simply doesn't want to win bad enough. Being suspended in game one reinforces that opinion- especially if our coaching staff is soft. Some of the blame is on bad recruiting in the past as well.

I split the blame at about 50% on coaching, 25% on the players, and 25% on bad recruiting.

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Shoulda got the Mohawk

Should have been working with our receivers instead of tweeting at the baseball team to be honest.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 11:21 AM
and that is saying a lot.

The Mullenbury's are going to be 1000x worse than the Stansburry's.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-06-2018, 12:07 PM

Please, Indian Spirits have mercy on us, just this once...please.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 12:17 PM
I?m not a Mullenberry in fact I was on here in 13 and 16 pissed at him
It?s just painfully obvious we made a bad hire. Even Ark is showing signs of improvement on offense and they had a bigger talent gap from An offensive scheme than we did. That?s how bad of a hire we made

DownwardDawg
10-06-2018, 12:19 PM

I have to disagree with you on this one. We would have ran the heck out of the ball with Aeris, Kylin, and Fitz. We would not have had all those false starts due to running. He would have pounded Kentucky into submission. It would have been a blowout again.

ETA: I was not a Mullins fan any longer. But I’m just stating what I believe.

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 12:24 PM
You folks that are still defending Moorhead are hilarious! He's a nice guy. He's says neat things. He's not a good head coach. Our AD tried to pinch pennies and ****ed us. Our football program had all of the momentum in the world. If we would have opened the pocket book and hired a proven winner, upper echelon coach we would be headed to the playoff.

Instead...we have a first time Div 1 head coach talking about fixing a team that won 9 games last year, top 15 preseason, and loaded with NFL talent.

ETA: we are going to get run off the field today. We lose by 21 at least.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Yup. They are dead on.

The difference in DM's offense and JoeMo's is that in JoeMo's, the quarterback has to do a lot of thinking with more read options to consider. Unlike when DM was calling the plays. Apparently Fitz hasn't been able to learn his system to run it as designed. KT and Mayden are more adapted to run it, but they aren't there yet.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 12:31 PM
You folks that are still defending Moorhead are hilarious! He's a nice guy. He's says neat things. He's not a good head coach. Our AD tried to pinch pennies and ****ed us. Our football program had all of the momentum in the world. If we would have opened the pocket book and hired a proven winner, upper echelon coach we would be headed to the playoff.

Instead...we have a first time Div 1 head coach talking about fixing a team that won 9 games last year, top 15 preseason, and loaded with NFL talent.

ETA: we are going to get run off the field today. We lose by 21 at least.
They are the same ones defending croom. They also don?t know football and think we are above getting rid of coaches in year one. You also hit the nail on the head about Cohn. People don?t realize how hard joe has to work to turn this season into the shit show it?s becoming. He and this staff are so out of their league. 5-7

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 12:32 PM

Did JoeMo actually say that "he was trying to change the culture of this team"? If he did, then I missed it.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Did JoeMo actually say that "he was trying to change the culture of this team"? If he did, then I missed it.
Yep. Last Saturday. Monday PC. Then again on Thursday

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 12:36 PM
They are the same ones defending croom. They also don?t know football and think we are above getting rid of coaches in year one. You also hit the nail on the head about Cohn. People don?t realize how hard joe has to work to turn this season into the shit show it?s becoming. He and this staff are so out of their league. 5-7

I wanted Croom fired just not after only 5 games into the job. We gonna fire Lemons before half the season is over next?

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 12:52 PM

I didn't defend Croom. If you ask anybody who actually knows anything about hiring a coach, I believe they would tell you that to think about firing a coach mid season or even after season one is pretty stupid planning, and a recipe for disaster. You at least give a coach an opportunity to recruit and get some of the players he actually wants who he feels will fit his system. Now if you actually had a well known P5 HC Coach waiting to come in then that may be different, but we don't. You need to be in the AD position, do what you want to do your way, and see who you have wanting to come and be your new head coach? You would probably resign. Since you are apparently the only one who knows anything about football on here. Who would have been on your short list?

Drewbowski
10-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Fitz didn't work hard enough because he was in a chair for most of spring.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 01:07 PM
I wanted Croom fired just not after only 5 games into the job. We gonna fire Lemons before half the season is over next?

LOL It wouldn't surprise me, 61.

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 01:13 PM

And what about the five months after that?

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 01:14 PM

You know people are going to want to fire Lemonis when we have a bad weekend. It's inevitable.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 01:14 PM

Sounds like a great time to memorize a playbook and watch game tape of successful NFL QBs that don't throw 98 mph fastballs 100% of the time.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 01:27 PM

Yes. From what we have seen he means from a winning culture to a losing culture.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 01:34 PM
I?m gonna finally admit this. I bashed Mullen every year , mainly because of his shopping around, but nonetheless he is a much better coach than I gave him credit for. We would win 10 minimum with him this year.

I do not recall anyone saying Don was a bad coach. His ceiling was limited only by himself and his unwillingness to make a few changes. Everyone was pissed because we lost 1-2 games a year we should not have. The majority of these head scratching losses and narrow wins were toward the end of the season, when Don was spending more time with his agent than preparing for that weeks game. Lastly he did not want to recruit against the big boys for highly sought recruits. He preferred the easy 3* guy.

Why is this so foreign?

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Yes. From what we have seen he means from a winning culture to a losing culture.

Lol damn y'all using some dirty tricks to paint worse pictures than is necessary based off the already shitty play we've seen on offense. Moorhead said he wants to change the culture and program from being a good one to being a great one. There's zero wrong with saying that. James Franklin melted at the mic last week saying the same thing but said from great to elite.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 01:37 PM
I didn't defend Croom. If you ask anybody who actually knows anything about hiring a coach, I believe they would tell you that to think about firing a coach mid season or even after season one is pretty stupid planning, and a recipe for disaster. You at least give a coach an opportunity to recruit and get some of the players he actually wants who he feels will fit his system. Now if you actually had a well known P5 HC Coach waiting to come in then that may be different, but we don't. You need to be in the AD position, do what you want to do your way, and see who you have wanting to come and be your new head coach? You would probably resign. Since you are apparently the only one who knows anything about football on here. Who would have been on your short list?

I would agree with this but he walked into a winning program not a program that needed to time to re build. Dont comfuse the two. If he only wins 5 with this roster then what?s he going?s to do the next few years. He inherited a 9 win team. This was not a rebuild.

Dan Dority
10-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Do the boo birds make an appearance tonight at Scott field?

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 01:48 PM
I have to disagree with you on this one. We would have ran the heck out of the ball with Aeris, Kylin, and Fitz. We would not have had all those false starts due to running. He would have pounded Kentucky into submission. It would have been a blowout again.

ETA: I was not a Mullins fan any longer. But I?m just stating what I believe.

I agree. It was time for Mullen to go, and he had his issues. But he would have beaten KY.

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 01:54 PM
I agree. It was time for Mullen to go, and he had his issues. But he would have beaten KY.

It was time for Mullen to go. He wanted to. But it was also time for our program to take the natural next step and hire a proven and successful head coach. We did not. The AD is responsible for the overall direction of this program and ultimately who chose a money saving route instead of committing to the long term success of our program.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Yep. Last Saturday. Monday PC. Then again on Thursday

You need to watch the presser again. My point was that he didn't say anything about changing the culture of the team. When he mentioned culture he didn't say that. He was referring to his coaching stint here. That he wasn't just looking at one year, but improving from year to year. He also said in the press conference that when he called a running play that they were going to make sure that the running back got the ball, and the quarterback didn't run or pass. So it appears the read at the line on some plays may have not been the one he wanted. In this offense the quarterback has to do a lot more thinking, than running a DM offense.

yjnkdawg
10-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Lol damn y'all using some dirty tricks to paint worse pictures than is necessary based off the already shitty play we've seen on offense. Moorhead said he wants to change the culture and program from being a good one to being a great one. There's zero wrong with saying that. James Franklin melted at the mic last week saying the same thing but said from great to elite.

Have you noticed 61, that certain posters usually only come out of the woodwork when there is some issue in one of our athletic programs, and then they fire away, although they are usually shooting blanks.

Dawg61
10-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Have you noticed 61, that certain posters usually only come out of the woodwork when there is some issue in one of our athletic programs, and then they fire away, although they are usually shooting blanks.

Some people feast off drama as entertainment.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 02:08 PM
The fact remains our offense is inept and there is no plan with the offense. We don?t establish a run game , we wait for the booth to tell joe what?s the d look like then joe signals in the play the whole while the play clock is winding down and our OL are trying to hold there position and when the ball is finally snapped the OL has no power and slow getting off the ball. We Can run the ball cause this OL is built to run. And they can pass black if we can call a play that they know they have to be ready for
Then throw out Shoop basically calling out the team about needing to be tough.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 02:58 PM
You know people are going to want to fire Lemonis when we have a bad weekend. It's inevitable.

Baseball is an entirely different animal than football. Last year?s baseball season is a prime example. On top of that the slow start to baseball was due to the HC and the issues that eventually came to light. There are different issues with the Foltball HC and there a reason no foreseeable changes coming. Unless them saying the same thing this week as they did after Kentucky means they are going to make changes.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Baseball is an entirely different animal than football. Last year?s baseball season is a prime example. On top of that the slow start to baseball was due to the HC and the issues that eventually came to light. There are different issues with the Foltball HC and there a reason no foreseeable changes coming. Unless them saying the same thing this week as they did after Kentucky means they are going to make changes.
I don?t see them making any changes based on Getsy comments. I also see the D saying screw it and Auburn offense looks like it has the last two years against us

biggun
10-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Yup. They are dead on.

But I thought Dan and Hevesy sucked and Moorhead was the Messiah to lead us to the promised land************

cheewgumm
10-06-2018, 04:56 PM
95% on Moorhead and staff imo