PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Michael strikes Florida panhandle

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2018, 01:26 PM
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/xgtwo/two_atl_5d0.png

GFS does develop this into a hurricane so this needs to be watched.

MaroonFlounder
10-05-2018, 10:33 PM
I have plans to be in Gulf Shores for the Shrimp Festival next weekend. Those plans may have to change.

Keep us updated.

Statecoachingblows**
10-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Bump...

parabrave
10-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Gulfshore will be ok. Don't go to destin or anywhere near the emerald coast.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 01:56 PM
I'm seeing Category 3 to hit the FL Panhandle this Wednesday. did I read that wrong? If so, that's serious shit.

basedog
10-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Saying around Panama City

huffy
10-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Guess who has a vacation booked for Destin this weekend....

parabrave
10-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Guess who has a vacation booked for Destin this weekend....

Get your vacation insurance. BTW it's going to be a nice sized one. It's already blowing here and the water is already 1-2 ft higher at my property on the MS Coast.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:07 PM
I've got a business trip planned for Wednesday through Friday in Gulf Shores. Should I reschedule? Thanks in advance.

parabrave
10-08-2018, 04:10 PM
GS gonna be on the west side. You might want to wait till tom to make up your mind, They keep pushing landfall of the eye furthur East now to Apalachicola.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:14 PM
GS gonna be on the west side. You might want to wait till tom to make up your mind, They keep pushing landfall of the eye furthur East now to Apalachicola.

Thanks, appreciate the info!

parabrave
10-08-2018, 04:15 PM
I've got a business trip planned for Wednesday through Friday in Gulf Shores. Should I reschedule? Thanks in advance.

Also the Fla Gov might make your decisions for anyone headed that way with mandatory evacuations about to go in effect/. Go to AWC satellite and see how big this storm is.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Also the Fla Gov might make your decisions for anyone headed that way with mandatory evacuations about to go in effect/. Go to AWC satellite and see how big this storm is.

Thanks again! I really appreicate all y'all that keep us updated on these weather situations!

MetEdDawg
10-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Watch for a westerly shift here. Models are west of the NHC track and I think frontal timing may be pushed back a little.

But this thing is gonna come through Wednesday/Thursday so the weekend won't be an issue. But if areas west of Panama City stand down they are making a big mistake.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Looks like the path has shifted more toward the west now.

Harrydawg
10-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Same here, we were headed to Seaside Thursday For Fall break..........and my son is working in that area. THANKs for the information from some of you who are very experienced at this (I am not)

Bully13
10-08-2018, 06:46 PM
When you are a MSU fan, you don't have to go to the weather channel. Thanks Weather Dogs.

Statecoachingblows**
10-08-2018, 07:00 PM
When you are a MSU fan, you don't have to go to the weather channel. Thanks Weather Dogs.

Ha! Ain't that the truth!

SapperDawg
10-08-2018, 07:06 PM
I am in Destin now....Fall Break.....we are headed out tomorrow. Started seeing lines at gas stations earlier today.

huffy
10-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Get your vacation insurance. BTW it's going to be a nice sized one. It's already blowing here and the water is already 1-2 ft higher at my property on the MS Coast.

Luckily, Airbnb offered a full refund. Now I gotta find somewhere else to go. haha.

starkvegasdawg
10-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Latest track. Winds now 85mph.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT14/refresh/AL142018_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/213204_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Hate it for others - but I hope the storm stays in the current track or more westardly. I can't handle this crap 3 years in a row.

TimberBeast
10-08-2018, 07:34 PM
The most dangerous thing right now is everyone saying for sure it’s going to hit Florida. If this thing doesn’t turn its going to catch a lot of people in MS and AL that didn’t evacuate.

notsofarawaydawg
10-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Boss is in Orange Beach for the week. ;)

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 12:39 AM
Please keep us posted weather Dawgs. If this thing doesn’t turn towards Florida, we’re going to have serious problems down here with the huge high tides we’re having right now. I’m confident it will turn but if it doesn’t it’s going to get rough with the surge.

parabrave
10-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Please keep us posted weather Dawgs. If this thing doesn’t turn towards Florida, we’re going to have serious problems down here with the huge high tides we’re having right now. I’m confident it will turn but if it doesn’t it’s going to get rough with the surge.

A couple of sites that are pretty reliable are Weather Underground Severe Weather/Tropical. Also the NWS tropical site.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 12:59 AM
A couple of sites that are pretty reliable are Weather Underground Severe Weather/Tropical. Also the NWS tropical site.

Thanks I watch those too but I trust the guys here more than anyone. Our dock right now has water almost up to the top from the tide. I heard parts of cedar lake were closed off today. I just always worry when the weather folks are hell bent on the landfall spot. If it doesn’t turn mobile and Pascagoula are going to get hit it looks like.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2018, 01:55 AM

The strong Low pressure that is draping across texas currently moving east and creating all the storms from Midland to OK City, will be what causes Michael to turn east. Not much has changed with the predicted landfull in last 12 hours.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Forecast radar loop from NAM Nest showing the hurricane advancing north until the approaching cold front picks it up and pushes it NE.

https://climate.cod.edu/data/forecast/animations/06Z-20181009_NAMNSTSE_prec_radar-0-60-10-100.gif

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:04 AM
The strong Low pressure that is draping across texas currently moving east and creating all the storms from Midland to OK City, will be what causes Michael to turn east. Not much has changed with the predicted landfull in last 12 hours.

enjoying the Ft Worth t-storms right now. bring it. saves me water money.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the info but I'd never visit a site with that name.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info but I'd never visit a site with that name.

You wouldn't visit which site because of the name?

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 09:25 AM
You wouldn't visit which site because of the name?

Weather Underground - there's some wacko underground theory that they are an extension of the 1970s radicals and Bill Ayers.

MStateDawg
10-09-2018, 10:04 AM
Weather Underground - there's some wacko underground theory that they are an extension of the 1970s radicals and Bill Ayers.

IBM owns Weather Underground, The Weather Channel, Weather.com, Intellicast...
Basically all the major weather outlets are one in the same.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 10:33 AM

They were more than just radicals. They were domestic terrorists that set off several bombs causing extensive damage and killing 2 cops. Bill Ayers ran it and got off for murder due to a legal technicality.

VERY poor choice to use to name your gig and anyone with an IQ of a cucumber would know it would not be any type of coincidence.

West Tn Dawg
10-09-2018, 10:39 AM

This is true!

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2018, 10:44 AM

They were more than just radicals. They were domestic terrorists that set off several bombs causing extensive damage and killing 2 cops. Bill Ayers ran it and got off for murder due to a legal technicality.

VERY poor choice to use to name your gig and anyone with an IQ of a cucumber would know it would not be any type of coincidence.

https://www.wyomingsbdc.org/files/4714/1822/8903/Heres-Your-sign.gif

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Any new info on the storm? I’m assuming it’s supposed to keep the same track?

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2018, 03:19 PM

I don't have a clue what you are talking about and what conspiracy theory it is... but I don't give a damn either. It's a quality weather website supported by professionals who aren't just looking to be over the top attention seekers like the weather channel.

But I'm not sure what to think considering you said the other day you haven't watched a single down of MSU football this year...

DownwardDawg
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Storm geo if you have a commercial account like we do in the offshore oil and gas industry. They are on payroll. We HAVE to be kept up with "good" information.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Now a 120mph Cat 3. More strengthening is expected. I think it may make a run at a 4.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Latest data released continues on same heading. Directly north at 12mph. Winds now at 120mph.
Latest microwave satellite imagery shows a fully closed eye wall now. Pressure is now down to 957mb.
With the eyewall closed, and in very warm gulf water, expect steady intensification, nearing if not a Cat 4 by landfall tomorrow.

Look at the end of this radar pass, the light purple that wraps around are the most intense storms yet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpGE4-PUUAEade1.jpg
https://twitter.com/dylanfedericowx/status/1049766807979155459

Bully13
10-09-2018, 04:33 PM
I don't have a clue what you are talking about and what conspiracy theory it is... but I don't give a damn either. It's a quality weather website supported by professionals who aren't just looking to be over the top attention seekers like the weather channel.

But I'm not sure what to think considering you said the other day you haven't watched a single down of MSU football this year...

If you don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about, maybe you should refrain. It's no conspiracy theory, just a SHITTY name for a business, nothing more , nothing less. And you are lying about what I said as well regarding watching a down of MSU football and you know it. I record games and if we win, I watch. If we don't win, I don't.

parabrave
10-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Latest data released continues on same heading. Directly north at 12mph. Winds now at 120mph.
Latest microwave satellite imagery shows a fully closed eye wall now. Pressure is now down to 957mb.
With the eyewall closed, and in very warm gulf water, expect steady intensification, nearing if not a Cat 4 by landfall tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpGE4-PUUAEade1.jpg

https://twitter.com/dylanfedericowx/status/1049766807979155459

Look at the end of this radar pass, the light purple that wraps around are the most intense storms yet.
https://twitter.com/mark_tarello/status/1049767434557816838.

Dam this is going to be big as Ivan was. Here on the Miss Coast water is covering some roads in coastal areas and ids almost up to 90 in some places and the storm is no where near us or will it be.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2018, 05:38 PM
I've used Weather Underground for years. It's a great site.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Dam this is going to be big as Ivan was. Here on the Miss Coast water is covering some roads in coastal areas and ids almost up to 90 in some places and the storm is no where near us or will it be.

This tide we have right now is a big part of that too. Our pier has been under water since this morning but the water is starting to go back down some. I can actually see the pier now, only lost one deck board so far.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 06:14 PM
This tide we have right now is a big part of that too. Our pier has been under water since this morning but the water is starting to go back down some. I can actually see the pier now, only lost one deck board so far.

Hope you don't get any damage. I pray that all in the path of this thing stay safe.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Evidently tomorrow around 2pm... When Michael is making or nearing landfall is astronomical high tide.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Hope you don't get any damage. I pray that all in the path of this thing stay safe.

Thanks, we’re on the MS Coast so hopefully we’re not in the path.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Evidently tomorrow around 2pm... When Michael is making or nearing landfall is astronomical high tide.

Yeah that’s when it was about at its highest here. Bad combination for sure.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:15 PM
This is going to suck. Shit's about to hit the fan and Lives are about to be Altered Forever.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Starting to be reports that Michael may be a 4 now. This is not a storm to take lightly.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Hate to say it but we need it to take that turn northeast soon. All those people in Florida are prepared or evacuated, no one over here is paying much attention. It does seem like it’s finally headed straight north now.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Hate to say it but we need it to take that turn northeast soon. All those people in Florida are prepared or evacuated, no one over here is paying much attention. It does seem like it’s finally headed straight north now.

Yeah. It's been due north last several hours. The front is currently in AR. It should start driving it NE soon.

Bully13
10-09-2018, 09:43 PM
I feel bad for you guys. I'm enjoying much needed rain while you guys are struggling. God Bless all of you in harms way,.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 10:08 PM
I feel bad for you guys. I'm enjoying much needed rain while you guys are struggling. God Bless all of you in harms way,.

Thanks Bully but we’re not struggling yet, just worried. Wherever this thing hits is who you need to pray for, it’s going to be a big mess regardless.

TimberBeast
10-09-2018, 10:10 PM
We went out to eat earlier tonight and one of the couples we were with has a rental property on the beach in Navarre. There is a couple from Indiana renting it out right now. She called them today and told them they should leave and they said no they want to stay and watch.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2018, 12:10 AM
We went out to eat earlier tonight and one of the couples we were with has a rental property on the beach in Navarre. There is a couple from Indiana renting it out right now. She called them today and told them they should leave and they said no they want to stay and watch.

Your friends need to tell them if they're staying to write their name with permanent ink on their arms so they can be easily identified.

I'm a chaser and would love to be able to be down there for this storm, but you can't just ride it out on beach front property in a storm of this potential magnitude.

TimberBeast
10-10-2018, 12:20 AM
I know, she talked with them a few times today and they are hell bent on staying. She also asked if they had been through anything like this and they said no. Going to be a lot of bad stuff going on the next few days.

West Tn Dawg
10-10-2018, 03:22 AM
Well, it's made it to Cat 4 now!
This is going to be bad for FL!

Cooterpoot
10-10-2018, 05:52 AM
This mother 17r is a monster!

MetEdDawg
10-10-2018, 06:00 AM
I am mildly concerned that Michael has not begun the jog to the NE yet. Radar still has it pegged moving due north. Hope place west of Panama City are prepared. A delay in the turn even by an hour or 2 could have significant impacts. You definitely want to be on the west side of this. 6 pm update actually has a westward move of .1 degrees longitude over the last hour. I think it's possible Panama City ends up on the east side of this and places like Laguna Beach take the direct hit.

Looking like landfall should be around 1 or 2 pm.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Cold front appears to be late arriving. Destin better watch out. From Ft Waton to Panama City is about to be wrecked.

MetEdDawg
10-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Looks like the turn has begun. Gonna be fairly on track. Winds up to 145 MPH

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Looks like the turn has begun. Gonna be fairly on track. Winds up to 145 MPH

Now that it finally started to turn the only thing left to see is how close it can come to a 5. I know some have said it might but this close to land I have my doubts. Is neat being in Starkville and seeing the outflow bands.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2018, 08:09 AM
I know, she talked with them a few times today and they are hell bent on staying. She also asked if they had been through anything like this and they said no. Going to be a lot of bad stuff going on the next few days.

Keep us updated. They may not survive. I have friends that live on Navarre island. They hauled ass.

basedog
10-10-2018, 08:30 AM
I'm fixn to head out for Panama City to work Logistics. I get weather reports from a paid site that most Utility Power companies subscribe, don't think it will reach Cat 5 but 145 mph winds hitting any coast in the U.S. is a rarity! I was hoping it would bend east of Panama City and it is turning some now. Only good thing about Michael is it will move rapidly across Ga and into the atlantic quickly!

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Michael is still strengthening. Pressure down to 931. Would be the 8th strongest storm in US history.
The storm won't make it to Cat 5 I don't believe. But that's a good thing, this storm will destroy enough things as is.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Woops sorry for locking it guys.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Now that it finally started to turn the only thing left to see is how close it can come to a 5. I know some have said it might but this close to land I have my doubts. Is neat being in Starkville and seeing the outflow bands.

What does this mean ?

Bully13
10-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Sorry for the hijack during these concerning times but I've spent a lot of times in those rentals on Navarre Beach way back when and would like an update because I'd like to repeat the experience in the future. I'll never forget wading out chest deep in crystal clear water as the sun was going down and me and my family all of a sudden noticed an invasion of crab all around us. We immediately vacated the water to get our nets and returned to the water to get the food. We were highly successful and ate like kings and queens that night.

Is Navarre Beach still isolated and calm? I have fond memories of that area. One night a dude hooked a big ray and it took him 45 minutes or so to pull him in. I was in his semi big audience to witness the Haul. I'm having trouble remembering what the angler did once he pulled him up on the beach.

parabrave
10-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Good beach cam at Alys Beach Webcam. It's live and realtime showing the water covering the beach.

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2018, 10:41 AM
The winds are at 150mph now.

parabrave
10-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Looks like Port St Joe and Mexico Beach gonna get the worst of the eye wall.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Looks like its heading Northeast pretty hard now.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Man, this thing is incredible.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2018, 11:25 AM
What does this mean ?

Think of a hurricane as an engine. The outflow is the exhaust. When a hurricane has a large upper level high pressure above it it allows for air to spread out away from the storm as it draws in more from the surface. Sort of like a fountain. When you look at a satellite loop at the edge of the storm you'll see clouds moving away from the storm. That's the outflow. Those clouds are now visible from east MS as the storms advances north.

TimberBeast
10-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Keep us updated. They may not survive. I have friends that live on Navarre island. They hauled ass.

She said they sent her a text at 7 this morning and said they changed their minds and were leaving. Good decision.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Think of a hurricane as an engine. The outflow is the exhaust. When a hurricane has a large upper level high pressure above it it allows for air to spread out away from the storm as it draws in more from the surface. Sort of like a fountain. When you look at a satellite loop at the edge of the storm you'll see clouds moving away from the storm. That's the outflow. Those clouds are now visible from east MS as the storms advances north.

Here is a image of Michael that shows the In and Out flows, It's a VERY impressive looking storm with a strongly defined eye... not what you usually see in the GOM, more so in the Pacific... and sure not in October...

https://i.imgur.com/Sm5XMsz.jpg

Here's a better pick showing the land

https://i.imgur.com/anWcY4e.jpg

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 12:16 PM
https://twitter.com/DavidWolter1/status/1050071903594041344

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Officially landed as 155mph, 919 pressure. 1mph from Cat 5. Very possibly will be upgraded in post storm analysis.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Wow..you can see the beaches through the eye...

https://twitter.com/dhawblitzel/status/1050077887657926656

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Chaser Bret Adair had to abandon his vehicle. Surge overtook it and floated it off. He's lucky to be alive. You'd think an experienced chaser would know not to be driving near the beach in a high end Cat 4.

Duckdog
10-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Chaser Bret Adair had to abandon his vehicle. Surge overtook it and floated it off. He's lucky to be alive. You'd think an experienced chaser would know not to be driving near the beach in a high end Cat 4.

What a DA

Pit Bull
10-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Shep Smith is disappointed there's not more damage.....well Shep, over the years after all the Hurricanes, building codes in those coastal areas have improved and can handle much higher winds now. Isn't that something your alma mater power 100 engineering school in NWM understands?*** Thank God the State of Mississippi has such an elite mind blowing engineering super power that keeps all of America on the straight and narrow***.

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Shep Smith is disappointed there's not more damage.....well Shep, over the years after all the Hurricanes, building codes in those coastal areas have improved and can handle much higher winds now. Isn't that something your alma mater power 100 engineering school in NWM understands?*** Thank God the State of Mississippi has such an elite mind blowing engineering super power that keeps all of America on the straight and narrow***.

Shep never graduated from there. I'm not sure he ever graduated anywhere.

PColaDawg
10-10-2018, 02:23 PM
Born and raised in Pensacola and moved back after college. Navarre Beach is definitely the most isolated beach in the area that has rentals. There ins't a lot to do on that side of the island so if quiet is what you're looking for it is the perfect place. In my opinion the blue crabs have never been the same since the oil spill, but we have caught more this year than previous and I think they are slowly coming back. I remember being able to fill a 5 gallon bucket in 15 minutes.

Nothing but a little storm surge as far as the storm goes over this way. Word from FDOT is that something like 30+ miles of highway between Mexico Beach and PCB are gone.

TUSK
10-10-2018, 02:29 PM

How does this storm compare to a Katrina/Camille??? Is it that bad? Seems like it got "bad ass" all of the sudden...

If Bret were committed, he'd get one of these:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/1-6_conducts_ship-to-shore_assault_150413-M-PJ201-028.jpg/1024px-1-6_conducts_ship-to-shore_assault_150413-M-PJ201-028.jpg

Pit Bull
10-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Shep never graduated from there. I'm not sure he ever graduated anywhere.

still his alma mater.....and I think they gave him an honorary degree.

Pit Bull
10-10-2018, 02:41 PM
How does this storm compare to a Katrina/Camille??? Is it that bad? Seems like it got "bad ass" all of the sudden...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/1-6_conducts_ship-to-shore_assault_150413-M-PJ201-028.jpg/1024px-1-6_conducts_ship-to-shore_assault_150413-M-PJ201-028.jpg

Wind speed of this storm was very high for landfall, but came in so fast, it didn't have the time to do enough coastal damage. Had it been a lot slower, yes, it could have been more Camille/Katrina-like. And it hit in a lower populated area than Katrina did. Biloxi-Gulfport population was a bit higher and the storm surge was unbelievable. Wiped the Mississippi Coast clean about 5 miles inland. The only reason New Orleans had such a high death toll was due to the intercity dikes breaking later and flooding much of the poorer parts of the city. Many people died in their attics trying to get out. Those that did get out died because they couldn't swim or swim very well.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Last 40 minutes of his broadcast.

https://www.facebook.com/foxsanantonio/videos/242161649794753/?_sm_au_=iVVLq30blZNVQK0N

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2018, 03:35 PM

Camille would have made this look like a pop up summer storm. Nobody knows the top winds because she broke all the anemometers. Katrina probably worse due to the massive surge it brought in and being a larger storm although Michael was stronger at landfall.

TimberBeast
10-10-2018, 03:55 PM
We have a friend whose parents rode it out in Panama City, still haven’t heard from them yet but that’s to be expected at this point with everything being down.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2018, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T5gjIiLRCg

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2018, 04:07 PM
still his alma mater.....and I think they gave him an honorary degree.

If he didn't graduate it isn't.

Political Hack
10-10-2018, 04:19 PM

That explains why they are all terrible. What's funny is the weather part of the sites are fine, but the IT part is awful. Load time, caching, etc... are so clunky on every weather site.

Political Hack
10-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Camille would have made this look like a pop up summer storm. Nobody knows the top winds because she broke all the anemometers. Katrina probably worse due to the massive surge it brought in and being a larger storm although Michael was stronger at landfall.

Ground zero (Mexico Beach) will be as bad as Waveland was. The size of the storm was worse in katrina (square miles were the same size as Great Britain), so damage was more wide spread in 2005. This will be more concentrated, but ground zero is decimated. I'm not sure Mexico Beach exists anymore.

Anybody denying that storms are worse, more frequent, and more severe needs their head examined. You can argue about the causes all day, but the fact is they're worse. If we don't start making major investments to protect the coast line, we will have a new coastline during our grandkids' lives.

fishwater99
10-10-2018, 04:52 PM

https://www.facebook.com/foxsanantonio/videos/242161649794753/?_sm_au_=iVVLq30blZNVQK0N

Wow..

What were they thinking?

RocketDawg
10-10-2018, 05:46 PM

Yeah, you would think. Not smart. He's an MSU guy too isn't he?

RocketDawg
10-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Central pressure was lower than both Katrina (I assume at landfall) and Andrew. I'm sure Camille was worse, and Katrina was too I think when it was a Cat 5. I seem to recall of one hurricane somewhere being around 880 mb for the all-time record, and this one bottomed out at 917. That's still low ... just over 27 inches Hg.

RocketDawg
10-10-2018, 05:52 PM
There's an apparent tornado with a debris signature in Atlanta, inside the 285 and just below 20. Appears to be heading toward the 285/20 interchange area. Not far from Six Flags, so it's not an unpopulated area.

RocketDawg
10-10-2018, 05:58 PM
If he didn't graduate it isn't.

According to Merriam-Webster, you're considered an alumnus if you went there but didn't graduate. That may be the politically correct definition of today, because I've always heard it used to mean a graduate of the school. A female graduate is an alumna, and the plural is alumnae. Women are never an alumnus or alumni.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Unbelievable!!!

Political Hack
10-10-2018, 08:05 PM
There's an apparent tornado with a debris signature in Atlanta, inside the 285 and just below 20. Appears to be heading toward the 285/20 interchange area. Not far from Six Flags, so it's not an unpopulated area.

Well crap. I was hoping to sleep tonight.

Bully13
10-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Well crap. I was hoping to sleep tonight.

Naders were to be expected from this shit. All Sucks.

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2018, 12:50 AM
Central pressure was lower than both Katrina (I assume at landfall) and Andrew. I'm sure Camille was worse, and Katrina was too I think when it was a Cat 5. I seem to recall of one hurricane somewhere being around 880 mb for the all-time record, and this one bottomed out at 917. That's still low ... just over 27 inches Hg.

Wilma in 2005, 882. When it finally hit the US (2nd landfall) it was in the mid 950's and a cat 3.

One thing people have to remember about comparing these storms. Camille was in a different world of building codes. Many things changed after that, but things REALLY changed along the coast after Andrew. Katrina destroyed so much because of the surge not the winds. The biggest saving grace for the area Michael hit, is it's in a less developed area minus the beach front.

So thankful there has only been one confirmed death so far.

TimberBeast
10-11-2018, 01:05 AM
If any of you guys have info on how to go help out please post it, I can drive over and I?m sure there are others that can too. How can us people that are so close go help?

Matty Dispatch
10-11-2018, 06:19 AM
If any of you guys have info on how to go help out please post it, I can drive over and I?m sure there are others that can too. How can us people that are so close go help?

Bring chain saws. Trees are down everywhere.

starkvegasdawg
10-11-2018, 06:52 AM
Wilma in 2005, 882. When it finally hit the US (2nd landfall) it was in the mid 950's and a cat 3.

One thing people have to remember about comparing these storms. Camille was in a different world of building codes. Many things changed after that, but things REALLY changed along the coast after Andrew. Katrina destroyed so much because of the surge not the winds. The biggest saving grace for the area Michael hit, is it's in a less developed area minus the beach front.

There was also Gilbert which was 888mb that intensified very rapidly. It dropped over 70mb in one 24 hour period.

MStateDawg
10-11-2018, 07:54 AM
According to Merriam-Webster, you're considered an alumnus if you went there but didn't graduate.

Unless it has changed, MSU used to have a certain numbers of credit hours passed before considering someone an alumnus/alumna. I believe it was in the neighborhood of 30-35.

Lord McBuckethead
10-11-2018, 08:33 AM
According to Merriam-Webster, you're considered an alumnus if you went there but didn't graduate. That may be the politically correct definition of today, because I've always heard it used to mean a graduate of the school. A female graduate is an alumna, and the plural is alumnae. Women are never an alumnus or alumni.

So since I have 6 credit hours from Florida, I am an alumnus?

Gutter Cobreh
10-11-2018, 08:39 AM
So since I have 6 credit hours from Florida, I am an alumnus?

That explains your love for all things Stricklin and Mullen. You're a damn alumnus of that god forsaken school...***

Jack Lambert
10-11-2018, 08:49 AM

What about mobile homes?

starkvegasdawg
10-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Rank of hurricanes that have hit the US by pressure. Michael is third.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/43950011_2204446399814207_3578654175086510080_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=08223ba9f206b74f6dda73c6e7646d86&oe=5C593A9D

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Rank of hurricanes that have hit the US by pressure. Michael is third.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/43950011_2204446399814207_3578654175086510080_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=08223ba9f206b74f6dda73c6e7646d86&oe=5C593A9D
Got some cool pictures at work of what #16 on that list did to Brunswick in 1898. Put our downtown under 3 feet of water. That was the last hurricane to make landfall here until Dora in the early 60s, and the most damage until Matthew in 2016.