PDA

View Full Version : SloMos offense requires a Drew Brees type QB to be run successfully....

RougeDawg
10-05-2018, 11:51 AM
So why does the genius attempt to push his offense on a QB who is far from a Brees prototype? If SloMo is a genius he should have seen this when Fitz came back in camp, and tailored the offense to be successful. What I have witnessed the last two weeks is a Ferrari offense trying to win a Grand Prix with 87 octane. Instead of using the bulldozers he has and road grade people.

msudawglb
10-05-2018, 11:55 AM
So why does the genius attempt to push his offense on a QB who is far from a Brees prototype? If SloMo is a genius he should have seen this when Fitz came back in camp, and tailored the offense to be successful. What I have witnessed the last two weeks is a Ferrari offense trying to win a Grand Prix with 87 octane. Instead of using the bulldozers he has and road grade people.

This is a dumb post. It requires a QB that can acknowledge a blitz and one that can go through at least 3 progressions. Dak could do that. Most QB's can.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-05-2018, 11:58 AM
yes, dumb post. Staying true to your moniker.

RougeDawg
10-05-2018, 11:59 AM
This is a dumb post. It requires a QB that can acknowledge a blitz and one that can go through at least 3 progressions. Dak could do that. Most QB's can.

So Drew Brees could not go through possessions better than any of them?

The only dumb part is your inability o comprehend the post.

Here I will help you out. It?s meant to say that the current QB doesn?t fit the offense intended to be implemented. So why implement it.

How well did Dak do his SR year passing when his attempts went up and DM forced him to throw more? When we got away from running the football. That’s what we do.

msudawglb
10-05-2018, 12:11 PM

Here I will help you out. It?s meant to say that the current QB doesn?t fit the offense intended to be implemented. So why implement it.

I have a hard time comprehending stupidity. Let's see...According to your theory, we should run a high school offense since all of our players come from HS and it would be stupid to teach them something that they haven't ran before. Do you ever wonder why Mullen's QB's haven't translated to the NFL that well...even though they break records in college? Because he's recruiting huge ass TE's to become QB's because he runs the hell out of them. Yes, it works against most of the teams you face in college but not the good defenses which is why we never accomplish more than 10 wins. Dak was capable of sooo much more when he was at MSU but the Mullen offense didn't require it. That's why Fitz is suffering so badly now. Because of the brainless offense that Dan implemented. If we ever want to compete with the Bama/Georgia/LSU/Auburns, we are going to have to have QB's that can read defenses better....not just plow up the middle running the ball. It doesn't take a future NFL hall of famer like Drew Brees to run this offense. Just one that doesn't stare at his 1st option when a blitz is coming from the other side of the line.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 12:14 PM

How well did Dak do his SR year passing when his attempts went up and DM forced him to throw more? When we got away from running the football. That’s what we do.

Ahhhhh. How has this not been pointed out by someone else yet? Such a change of perspective and eye opening revelation.****

Truly ground breaking.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 12:16 PM

JoeMo is not going to ditch his offensive plan totally. He is going to make some adjustments to hopefully simply the offense some, and try to make it easier for Fitz on his reads. JoeMo, Breiner, and Getsy really thought that Fitz could run this offense. as it was designed to be run, but so far that doesn't appear to have happened. KT and Mayden should be able to run it in the future, but they aren't there yet.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 12:17 PM
I watched the Florida film study of Mississippi state vs Florida and the Florida people said Nick made a lot of good reads

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 12:19 PM
So people keep saying Nick can’t make reads but in Florida’s film study they say nick makes the right reads unless it’s just no one touched a defender and nick gets sacked

MetEdDawg
10-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Because it's his offense. We brought him here to run his offense. That's why your post is dumb. He can modify which he will. But we liked his offensive philosophy. It just so happens it doesn't work with our current players. Moorhead needs a QB first and a runner 2nd. Mullen needed the reverse and that's what we have.

Really Clark?
10-05-2018, 12:30 PM
I have a hard time comprehending stupidity. Let's see...According to your theory, we should run a high school offense since all of our players come from HS and it would be stupid to teach them something that they haven't ran before. Do you ever wonder why Mullen's QB's haven't translated to the NFL that well...even though they break records in college? Because he's recruiting huge ass TE's to become QB's because he runs the hell out of them. Yes, it works against most of the teams you face in college but not the good defenses which is why we never accomplish more than 10 wins. Dak was capable of sooo much more when he was at MSU but the Mullen offense didn't require it. That's why Fitz is suffering so badly now. Because of the brainless offense that Dan implemented. If we ever want to compete with the Bama/Georgia/LSU/Auburns, we are going to have to have QB's that can read defenses better....not just plow up the middle running the ball. It doesn't take a future NFL hall of famer like Drew Brees to run this offense. Just one that doesn't stare at his 1st option when a blitz is coming from the other side of the line.

Dak tested really well with teams on play breakdowns because he was already running a lot of those concepts under Mullen. They even talked about it with Gruden on his show. Yet you think it was too simple? Alex Smith also has done pretty well in the NFL

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
I just want us to find an offense. I’m feeling like we will beat auburn even with our run. Southern scored on auburn didn’t they? We keep worrying about whose offense did what, so far ours does not one thing in SEC, prove me wrong.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
So people keep saying Nick can’t make reads but in Florida’s film study they say nick makes the right reads unless it’s just no one touched a defender and nick gets sacked

When JoeMo was questioned after both losses on why we didn't run the ball more, he said it was either due to the defensive sets or the quarterback reads. So that seems to say maybe some of those passing plays, that weren't executed, should have actually been running plays.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Because it's his offense. We brought him here to run his offense. That's why your post is dumb. He can modify which he will. But we liked his offensive philosophy. It just so happens it doesn't work with our current players. Moorhead needs a QB first and a runner 2nd. Mullen needed the reverse and that's what we have.

Bingo! Rep givn

smootness
10-05-2018, 12:59 PM

So you think Mullen was holding Dak back?

Good grief.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 01:02 PM
When JoeMo was questioned after both losses on why we didn't run the ball more, he said it was either due to the defensive sets or the quarterback reads. So that seems to say maybe some of those passing plays, that weren't executed, should have actually been running plays.

Then why play him?

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Then why play him?

What?

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 01:09 PM
I mean I’m saying if it’s really that Nick can’t read anything to move the ball and we’ve only scored 7pts ..why not try another qb

It can’t get worse

If no QB we have can read, maybe just their spontaneity would make a change in our scoring but could not get much worse 6 could go to 3 or 0..but KT would probably svore

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah. It could. You could put a different QB in who understands it less.

That said. If Fitz doesn't have it after this weekend and Key is going to be the starter next year, I say let him get the reps in to learn. For all we know is Schrader is gonna come and be the guy though.

I don't think there is a lot of room for spontaneity in JoMo's offense. There are options to read but when I think of spontaneity in football I think of Johnny Manziel turning a busted play into a positive.

bluelightstar
10-05-2018, 01:30 PM

FYI:

Why is he feeling so comfortable, and why does the Cowboys’ offense look so smooth under his watch? Prescott answered that question after the game, basically saying Dan Mullen’s offense is an NFL offense.

“The offense we ran at Mississippi State was nothing short of an NFL offense,” Prescott said. The only thing that was different is that we didn’t go under center. I swear to you, in (pre-draft) visits, every play they showed me, I could name it. We just called it something different. At another team I visited, they ran the exact same stuff we ran.

“Knowledge-wise, I think I’m the smartest quarterback that came in this class. I would love to go on the board and go head to head with anybody else. That’s how I feel. That’s how confident I am.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/dak-prescott-offense-ran-mississippi-state-nothing-short-nfl-offense/

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure comparing Dak's work ethic to Fitz's is night and day.

MadDawg
10-05-2018, 04:20 PM
"That's why Fitz is suffering so badly now. Because of the brainless offense that Dan implemented."

Holy mother17ing shit.