PDA

View Full Version : FWTCBT: It's Really A Rebuilding Year

TrapGame
10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2018/10/5/17923466/a-rebuilding-year-with-a-team-that-is-already-built-mississippi-state-football-2018-college-moorhead

Joe Moorhead?s new offensive scheme changes everything that our offensive line was taught by Dan Mullen. The offensive line was mainly used for pushing back the opposing defensive line. Under Coach Moorhead, the O-line has a totally different role. The RPO (Run-Pass-Option) offense causes the O-line to be able to block for both runs and passes. The coaching staff has had to enforce a scheme that they?ve never seen before. They also had to destroy the mindset they had under the Mullen offense.

I think Joe's done too much, too soon and he may have severely screwed the confidence of the OL. Sometimes it's better to be novocaine than penicillin.

Yes, this team has the most talent Mississippi State has seen in years. When in enforcing a brand new scheme, you?re going to see issues, especially in the first few games. I know that Mississippi State fans want to see the old offense back in place, but I don?t see that happening. Moorhead and this coaching staff will continue to implement their scheme and it?s certainly going to take some time for this team to get hold of it. Don?t be surprised to see Mississippi State pull off some upsets when the offense begins to click.

Beating La Tech, Arkansas and ole miss should not be upsets but it's looking that way.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM
I say we do what we got to do to win, this wasn’t advertised as a rebuilding year, this was elevation. We have the players to do what we gotta do to win and do the system in the rebuilding year which was next year..duh!

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
That’s what family does, they get it done, whether you rig it up or fix it right but you get it done.

TrapGame
10-05-2018, 11:39 AM
I say we do what we got to do to win, this wasn’t advertised as a rebuilding year, this was elevation. We have the players to do what we gotta do to win and do the system in the rebuilding year which was next year..duh!

He watched film of Mullen's offense. He knew exactly what it was recruited and coached to do. Now his taken everything coached and practiced in the offenses' heads and told them to forget it. That's hard as hell to do. Instead of a piecemeal installation he has pounded the square peg into the round hole.

Maybe this is what's best, but it sure looks ugly.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 11:59 AM
I’m not saying Joe sux and I can see it’s an entirely different scheme but I also believe it’s now time to salvage what we can.

I believe Hill Train Gibson and Farrod, then Nick can save this offense.

State is like watching Dak and the cowboys when nobody is open and they’ve shut down Elliot. We have to get many involved.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 12:01 PM
And I know those are all RBs but Green but I mean different uses.

Matty Dispatch
10-05-2018, 02:36 PM
He watched film of Mullen's offense. He knew exactly what it was recruited and coached to do. Now his taken everything coached and practiced in the offenses' heads and told them to forget it. That's hard as hell to do. Instead of a piecemeal installation he has pounded the square peg into the round hole.

Maybe this is what's best, but it sure looks ugly.

The offense may be clicking by year's end and in the coming years it may look amazing. But, it will take a while to get over the fact that he squandered this season.....in September. In two games where we had the better team, the offense lost the game for us - whether it's because they are not comfortable or ready or whatever. Even if we never would've beaten Alabama, or if the ceiling was 10-2 or even 9-3, it would've been nice to at least have the hope of such glory by owning a 5-0 record going into this weekend and a win over Mullen in our belt. This was supposed to be a special season, and it could have started out on that path by slowing implementing his system rather than making wholesale changes and the collateral damage that occurs because of it. There's a time to rebuild and a time to remodel.