PDA

View Full Version : How would Kentucky and Florida wins tomorrow change your outlook?

Quaoarsking
10-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Kentucky, who plays at Texas A&M tomorrow, is ranked #13 and is 5-0.
Florida, who hosts LSU tomorrow, is ranked #22 and is 4-1.

Kentucky likely goes at least 10-2 if they win tomorrow, and has a real shot at winning the East.
W - Vanderbilt
? - @ Missouri
? - Georgia (with this game deciding the East)
W - @ Tennessee
W - Middle Tennessee
W - @ Louisville

Florida has a good shot at 10-2 also if they win tomorrow:
W - @ Vanderbilt
L - vs. Georgia (a win gives them a shot to win the East)
? - Missouri (probably win at home)
W - South Carolina
W - Idaho
W - Florida State

If Kentucky and Florida win on Saturday, it would be easy to recast the last couple weeks as:
"We went on the road and faced a top 10 team. (we didn't know that at the time.) We were competitive for 3 quarters, but they pulled away in the end. Then we came back home and played a top 15 team. We were in it until the closing minute, but we just couldn't get it done."

klong-dog
10-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Maybe a small moral victory. I was at the game last year we beat Kentucky 45-7. When we should be even better this year. There is no way in hell UK should have improved leaps and bounds ahead of us.

I do the think the penalties and shitty calls helped make it the perfect shit storm.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Fresh take***

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 08:01 AM
But if Kentucky improved and Florida and LSU improved

Yet we aren’t even mediocre, I still don’t see we can pull off moral or morale victory.

Unless we get it together and beat Auburn or something like we could do

Cloak
10-05-2018, 09:22 AM
No moral victories. Florida is not a decent football team. Kentucky does not have a quarterback. We went from a cotender to having a "culture problem" by hiring Moorhead. 17n ridiculous

parabrave
10-05-2018, 09:24 AM
None. This was not "rebuilding year". We were outcoached in both games and espically in the 2nd halfs of both games.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 09:26 AM
No moral victories. Florida is not a decent football team. Kentucky does not have a quarterback. We went from a cotender to having a "culture problem" by hiring Moorhead. 17n ridiculous

Their QB is essentially the same package we have in Fitz. He can run and get out of the pocket if he needs to get out. Dare I say he can pass better or just as mediocre at passing also. Quit fooling yourself.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm more concerned on what MSU does, than what KY or FL does. We had a good chance to win both of those games, but we couldn't execute on offense. You can add OM in with them too.

Bothrops
10-05-2018, 10:50 AM
If Kentucky wins tomorrow, I'll be impressed. It's their first time playing in that fortress, and will be the loudest game they have ever played in. A&M has athletes that can score on any play.

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Their QB is essentially the same package we have in Fitz. He can run and get out of the pocket if he needs to get out. Dare I say he can pass better or just as mediocre at passing also. Quit fooling yourself.

If that's true, it's on Moorhead 100%.

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Good points that should be more obvious than they apparently are. At Kentucky, we got beat by a good football team in bad weather conditions. Vs. Florida, we had a real chance to win but failed to make plays at critical times. Backstory is that our fan base had assumed that we would easily win those two games.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
If that's true, it's on Moorhead 100%.

Yes and no. Fitz is still making some decisions out there. There have been times there is some open field in front of Fitz and he hasn't taken it. Or he doesn't seem like he even has a chance to get out of the pocket or just doesn't get out when he should. Would you not agree that part of that is on the O-Line? Moorhead can't hold their hand out there on the field.

smootness
10-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Yes and no. Fitz is still making some decisions out there. There have been times there is some open field in front of Fitz and he hasn't taken it. Or he doesn't seem like he even has a chance to get out of the pocket or just doesn't get out when he should. Would you not agree that part of that is on the O-Line? Moorhead can't hold their hand out there on the field.

In general, yes, the players shoulder at least some of the blame. But the reality is that Mullen took these same players and produced a pretty darn good offense. So if Moorhead can't figure out how to do that, that's on him.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 01:04 PM
In general, yes, the players shoulder at least some of the blame. But the reality is that Mullen took these same players and produced a pretty darn good offense. So if Moorhead can't figure out how to do that, that's on him.

It truly is that black and white isn't it?

smootness
10-05-2018, 01:12 PM
It truly is that black and white isn't it?

Honestly, yes. If one coach took a set of players and made they very good, and the next coach took the same players and made them awful...I have but one conclusion to draw.

Percho
10-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Jo did not come to MSU to run Dan's offense.
Jo did not come to MSU to coach Dan's team.

Dan left.

We hired Joe Moorhead to COACH the football team at Mississippi State University.

Hide and watch or just hide.

bluelightstar
10-05-2018, 01:33 PM
We hired Joe Moorhead to COACH the football team at Mississippi State University.

Well, he sure isn't doing that so far

HoopsDawg
10-05-2018, 01:50 PM
We beat UK 45-7 last year with the same Ol, QB, RBs. We had 440 yards of offense and we were just killing the clock in the 4Q. Uk is better but not that much better.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I used to think it was only Ole Miss that was the a**face of the south but I’m starting to see that some things they say about us may be almost true too at times. Yeah, we have no offense. The system they say has been proven, it works ...but we can’t read our offense apparently is what I’ve learned.

So all that time, tweets and hope of getting freeze ousted, which happened, just to retake our state, it happened, now we gots problems cuz that happens if you lose your first SEC games, if we don’t beat auburn, I will wonder what did we do it all for exactly. This story has no super ending so far. God knows what Steve or whomever is putting in the next chapter of this saga. The flat earth maybe