PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that Fitz

TaleofTwoDogs
10-04-2018, 10:38 PM
has changed is style of play to improve his chances in the NFL? Remember Dak's senior year when everyone on this board was bitching that Dak was not running enough and he looked like a pocket passer. The thought was that Mullen promised Dak that he could change is style if he came back for his last year of eligibility. Unfortunately Fitz does not have the passing skills of Dak but that doesn't mean that Fitz isn't looking out for his future as a pro QB. As a RPO QB, Fitz has the right to throw the ball just about every play. Hell, if I was him I would do whatever it takes to land a job at the next level. With the team's lack of understanding of this new offense and Fitz's lack of practice, his plan to prove his passing skills to the scouts has been blown up. Just a thought.

chef dixon
10-04-2018, 11:07 PM
I?ve always laughed when people have suggested Fitz would be an NFL draft pick

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 11:11 PM
The problem is the NFL doesn't value QB's that throw 100 MPH without accuracy.

I think it's quite the opposite with him- I think he has NFL talent but he doesn't have the discipline, focus, or drive to be a great NFL player. The guy got suspended for the first game of his senior year for goodness sakes. I have a feeling that part of our offensive problems are because he didn't spend enough time learning the offense or throwing to our receivers and building rapport with them.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2018, 11:13 PM
JoeMo said after the KY and FL games that there were run plays that turned into passing plays due to the defensive sets and the quarterback reads. Fitz better get a lot more accurate on his passing and get his passing percentage up really quick, if there is any remote chance at all. I think your statement is accurate though. " his plan to prove his passing skills to the scouts has been blown up."

Dawg61
10-04-2018, 11:23 PM
Fitz goes HAM vs Bama to the tune of 28-35 for 430 yards and 4 tds or something crazy like that he'll get himself drafted on that performance alone. Do I think he'll do that? Nope but he can still get himself drafted by how he plays in upcoming games especially vs Auburn, LSU and Bama.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2018, 11:27 PM
The problem is the NFL doesn't value QB's that throw 100 MPH without accuracy.

I think it's quite the opposite with him- I think he has NFL talent but he doesn't have the discipline, focus, or drive to be a great NFL player. The guy got suspended for the first game of his senior year for goodness sakes. I have a feeling that part of our offensive problems are because he didn't spend enough time learning the offense or throwing to our receivers and building rapport with them.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Todd. DM had a good reason, with Fitz at QB, of us being a run first team, and not trying to stretch the field much, although most of us wanted him to open the offense up more.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 12:05 AM
I?ve always laughed when people have suggested Fitz would be an NFL draft pick

He threw very few passes in high school. He has been a work in progress, at trying to be a complete quarterback. I think DM recruited him as an athlete playing quarterback.