PDA

View Full Version : JoMo Showing Some Intensity on Dawgs Talk Tonight

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 09:42 PM
You can tell that he's clearly frustrated a resolute that this thing will get fix.

The way he speaks at the beginning of this doesn't really do me much for this weekend, but it does make me believe that JoMo absolutely believes he'll get this thing fixed & he resolutely believes that his offense works.

Here clearly looks edgy here. Good to see. Welcome to the SEC coach, we're all edgy.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/HailStateFB/videos/149738539305414/

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Talk is cheap. He broke it so he should be the one to get it fixed.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Talk is cheap. He broke it so he should be the one to get it fixed.

Agree. Just saying that I believe that JoMo believes that this offense will work. FWIW

Jack Lambert
I watched the Auburn vs uSM game. I had it recorded. We can beat Auburn. Their offense looks as bad as ours.

dawgday166
At the beginning of this he was pissed. That's ok.

What's bugging me is all the positive spin, numbers, etc. being put on the team. Everything always positive. Mullen used to do same thing in early days. I feel like I'm getting smoke blown up my skirt. I'd prefer to see a Sabanesque interview where he say we doing 1 or 2 things pretty decent, but we got to improve these other 10 areas or we gonna get our ass beat.

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Agree. Just saying that I believe that JoMo believes that this offense will work. FWIW

So did Sly and Woody. I'm with you. Our eight will be there (my 55th year to attend) and I do want to see it work and bring a W.

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Yawn

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 09:53 PM
So did Sly and Woody. I'm with you. Our eight will be there (my 55th year to attend) and I do want to see it work and bring a W.

Did they?

I don't remember how Croom acted. At least JoMo has a resume to show for it.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Ok. He sounds like he really believes what he’s doing will work. He also sounds rattled and pissed off. I really hope he turns this around at some point this year and we start seeing what he can do for the long term success. I just don’t know though. The lifelong fan in me wants to believe in him so bad. The 50 year old realist in me says “we screwed”.

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Did they?

Croom went 8-5 with a lesser talented team than this. I know it wasnt in his first year but looking like Moorhead wont get a 8-5.

And no Im not rooting against him Im just pissed off

Skydawg1
10-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Did they?

I don't remember how Croom acted.Are you 12?

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Are you 12?

More like a burned everything from that era from my memory

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Are you 12?

He just hittin puberty **

Skydawg1
10-04-2018, 10:02 PM
More like a burned everything from that era from my memoryI wish I could do that. After Greg Byrne canned his ass after the 40-0 loss in Oxford, I remember thinking "there IS a God!!" (year after LIberty Bowl win...Crooms of course got an extension)

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Did they?

Sly believed in it so much that he refused to fire his OC buddy, Woody. Think he said he would take about 4 years for the players to pick up his "West Coast Offense". I am having serious flashbacks with our current situation. Hope it's not a repeat. Also lived through Shira ( he got SEC Coach of the year once for going 6-5), Bellard's last years (vowed to win the SEC one year and we went 0-8), Rocky (Tech and 10?), Jackie's last three years ( although he will always be a favorite for many reasons),Mullen's annual job search and non prep for OM several years, and now this. Being a State fan is not for the weak of heart and takes guts! Hail State!

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 10:09 PM
I wish I could do that. After Greg Byrne canned his ass after the 40-0 loss in Oxford, I remember thinking "there IS a God!!" (year after LIberty Bowl win...Crooms of course got an extension)

After that 40 - 0 beat down, Croom's famous quote was, "Well, I didn't see that coming". Jo better hope that tunnel he says we are in ( and he put us in), is the light coming on in our O and not that train everyone has seen before.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Time to stop talking and start producing.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Sly believed in it so much that he refused to fire his OC buddy, Woody. Think he said he would take about 4 years for the players to pick up his "West Coast Offense". I am having serious flashbacks with our current situation. Hope it's not a repeat. Also lived through Shira ( he got SEC Coach of the year once for going 6-5), Bellard's last years (vowed to win the SEC one year and we went 0-8), Rocky (Tech and 10?), Jackie's last three years ( although he will always be a favorite for many reasons),Mullen's annual job search and non prep for OM several years, and now this. Being a State fan is not for the weak of heart and takes guts! Hail State!

You would think that since we are willing to go at least as high as 6 million dollars we could find a coach that wants to be here and also has common sense and can recruit.

It seems like we find coaches that lack absolute common sense and it astounds me.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 10:21 PM
You would think that since we are willing to go at least as high as 6 million dollars we could find a coach that wants to be here and also has common sense and can recruit.

It seems like we find coaches that lack absolute common sense and it astounds me.

I count 14 of those guys in the country. It's kind of hard to find them. That's why when you do find them, you pay them out the ass to never ever leave

Saban
Meyer
Smart
Dantonio
Peterson
Jimbo
Dabo
Lincoln Riley
Gundy
Patterson
Malzahn
Shaw
Mullen
Franklin

I know you can add guys like Holgerson, Harbaugh, Stoops, Richt, Fuente, etc, but those guys have had really bad moments as well. Not sure they fit. Not sure Malzahn fits

RougeDawg
10-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Ok. He sounds like he really believes what he?s doing will work. He also sounds rattled and pissed off. I really hope he turns this around at some point this year and we start seeing what he can do for the long term success. I just don?t know though. The lifelong fan in me wants to believe in him so bad. The 50 year old realist in me says ?we screwed?.

Only narcissist believe what they are doing is working and keep doing it, even though every sane person within 3000 miles knows they are a failure. Just saying.

Skydawg1
10-04-2018, 10:23 PM

It seems like we find coaches that lack absolute common sense and it astounds me.Not advocating for Hud but he does fit the description you described. Good to have a guy like like that on our current staff, though, in case the impossible happens.

Skydawg1
10-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Only narcissist believe what they are doing is working and keep doing it, even though every sane person within 3000 miles knows they are a failure. Just saying.

Sounds like Coach O.

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2018, 10:36 PM
I'm at the point talk is meaningless. I want to see results on the field. We saw what talk got us in KY. Shut up, buckle up, and play ball.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Sounds like Coach O.

I'll trade

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Another thing that worries me. Only 7 of our 17 commits are on the O side of the ball. Only the QB is a 4*. We have been stuck on 17 for a while, no RB, and what's left on the board may not go our way. If the wheels fall off all the way, do you really think we can recruit the players (WR's especially) to run this O just because we can promise playing time against the SEC teams that we have to recruit against. A losing season to me this year could set us back for years. Thought really scares me. JMO. Your thoughts?

msstate7
10-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Another thing that worries me. Only 7 of our 17 commits are on the O side of the ball. Only the QB is a 4*. We have been stuck on 17 for a while, no RB, and what's left on the board may not go our way. If the wheels fall off all the way, do you really think we can recruit the players (WR's especially) to run this O just because we can promise playing time against the SEC teams that we have to recruit against. A losing season to me this year could set us back for years. Thought really scares me. JMO. Your thoughts?

Gonna be some lean years coming up.

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Gonna be some lean years coming up.

I had a poster on my dorm room my 1st year at State, Spring semester, 1975 (JR transfer from NEMCC). Showed two vultures on a dead limb over looking a barren, sun soaked desert. One vulture told the other, "Patience my a**, I'm gonna kill something". There is absolutely no reason for us to sit back and go back to all those lean years. If so, we are our own worse enemy.

Skydawg1
10-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Gonna be some lean years coming up.The IB won't allow that.

Reunion Dog
10-04-2018, 11:40 PM
I wish I could do that. After Greg Byrne canned his ass after the 40-0 loss in Oxford, I remember thinking "there IS a God!!" (year after LIberty Bowl win...Crooms of course got an extension)

It was 45-0. How the hell can u forget that score? Also week after we beat a ranked Arkansas team...

yjnkdawg
10-04-2018, 11:42 PM

These really good wide receivers want you to show them how you can develop them where they can move on to the next level. So we have no history of putting receivers in the NFL.

ckDOG
10-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Relax guys. It's gonna come together.

Dawg61
10-04-2018, 11:55 PM
I wish he'd start calling plays as fast as he has responses to questions. His mind works quickly so we know it can be done.

Dawg61
10-04-2018, 11:56 PM
I'll trade

Holy shit this is dumb. Orgeron was a total failure at Ole Miss.

RougeDawg
10-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Holy shit this is dumb. Orgeron was a total failure at Ole Miss.

Coach O would be 5-0 with our squad, at this point, with our schedule. Hell just about any decent high school coach in Mississippi would be at this point. All of us here see what works and what doesn?t. Yet the HC doesn?t? Come on man!!

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Coach O would be 5-0 with our squad, at this point, with our schedule. Hell just about any decent high school coach in Mississippi would be at this point. All of us here see what works and what doesn?t. Yet the HC doesn?t? Come on man!!

The disrespect for Kentucky on this board is outrageous.

Todd4State
10-05-2018, 01:08 AM

I've noticed that this is a running theme with MSU football coaches in my lifetime. It's uncanny.

Todd4State
10-05-2018, 01:15 AM
Not advocating for Hud but he does fit the description you described. Good to have a guy like like that on our current staff, though, in case the impossible happens.

In hindsight a coach with Mississippi ties at the very least would probably be ideal for us. Like Bob Tyler. We really haven't had that in awhile- probably Felker. Our last three coaches actually seem to look down us to a degree in some way shape or form- Croom, Dan in the form of constantly trying to leave, and now Joe. How and maybe more importantly why would and should we support someone that thinks that they are better than us?

It is good to have Hud because he does have HC experience and can be an interim if necessary and the same could be said about Joey Jones.

We probably would be better off with a CEO type coach like Jackie was instead of "an offensive genius" who insists on running "his system" come hell or high water. We really need someone that is flexible enough to go between run and pass heavy because the state of Mississippi inconsistently produces players at each position- and some years there are more running backs and others more WR's.

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 02:01 AM
In hindsight a coach with Mississippi ties at the very least would probably be ideal for us. Like Bob Tyler. We really haven't had that in awhile- probably Felker. Our last three coaches actually seem to look down us to a degree in some way shape or form- Croom, Dan in the form of constantly trying to leave, and now Joe. How and maybe more importantly why would and should we support someone that thinks that they are better than us?

It is good to have Hud because he does have HC experience and can be an interim if necessary and the same could be said about Joey Jones.

We probably would be better off with a CEO type coach like Jackie was instead of "an offensive genius" who insists on running "his system" come hell or high water. We really need someone that is flexible enough to go between run and pass heavy because the state of Mississippi inconsistently produces players at each position- and some years there are more running backs and others more WR's.

No offense but this mindset is a step backwards when we're trying to breakthrough into more of a national brand type status.

msstate7
10-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Relax guys. It's gonna come together.

Our fanbase and our staff desperately need a win tomorrow

msbulldog
10-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Our fanbase and our staff desperately need a win tomorrow

A win tomorrow would do wonders. I wonder if CJM reads these boards? I didn't watch but a minute of the show, something has him excessively agitated.

Coursesuper
10-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Croom went 8-5 with a lesser talented team than this. I know it wasnt in his first year but looking like Moorhead wont get a 8-5.

And no Im not rooting against him Im just pissed off

"I'm not rooting against him I'm just pissed", this is how a lot of us feel. We want the guy to succeed, but the blind faith that many here show left me and others a long time ago.

smootness
10-05-2018, 07:49 AM

You 'disrespected' them before that game as well. What changed? They beat us. That's it.

You said yourself this team had better players and coaches than the 2014 team. Now you ask who on this team would start on that one. What changed? We looked like complete crap 2 weeks in a row. That's it.

Doggie_Style
10-05-2018, 08:40 AM
A win tomorrow would do wonders. I wonder if CJM reads these boards? I didn't watch but a minute of the show, something has him excessively agitated.

That 'Hot Seat' will do that to ya...

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 09:30 AM
You 'disrespected' them before that game as well. What changed? They beat us. That's it.

You said yourself this team had better players and coaches than the 2014 team. Now you ask who on this team would start on that one. What changed? We looked like complete crap 2 weeks in a row. That's it.

Novel idea here Smoot but sometimes things change. Not one national media member picked the Eagles to win the super bowl either.

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 09:32 AM

I do think Moorhead reads the boards and I really hope he reads the part about SPEEDING UP THE OFFENSE!!

smootness
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Novel idea here Smoot but sometimes things change. Not one national media member picked the Eagles to win the super bowl either.

My point is, the talent on this team did not change in 2 weeks. What changed is the way we played. We played like crap because we were coached like crap. Once you play like crap, nobody looks as talented.

I'm just not sure why you're questioning people for holding the exact belief you held 2 weeks ago.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 09:39 AM
My point is, the talent on this team did not change in 2 weeks. What changed is the way we played. We played like crap because we were coached like crap. Once you play like crap, nobody looks as talented.

I'm just not sure why you're questioning people for holding the exact belief you held 2 weeks ago.

You literally quoted him where he said "sometimes things change".

What is confusing about that? No wonder you are still beating the same drum and not able to turn the corner on what you are raising hell about.

smootness
10-05-2018, 09:42 AM
You literally quoted him where he said "sometimes things change".

What is confusing about that? No wonder you are still beating the same drum and not able to turn the corner on what you are raising hell about.

But what changed? Was it the talent level? No.

So either Dawg61 is admitting he has no ability to judge talent, or the fact that we looked like utter crap two weeks in a row has changed his view of our talent.

My point is that bad coaching and bad results can make talented players look less talented. Therefore, my claim is that we are way more talented than we look. He seems to only judge talent based on wins and losses.

ETA: And my other issue with his posts is that right now he is essentially calling people out and wondering how they could possibly be so upset when it's clear we aren't as talented as a team like 2014...when two weeks ago he himself thought we were more talented than 2014. At least admit you were wrong and say, 'I thought the same thing, but at this point I no longer believe that's the case.' Don't come out attacking people for holding the same belief you did.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 09:47 AM
You keep slipping in that he was talking about "talent" only.

61's original post you replied to in this thread doesn't have the word talent in it any where. Now you've turned the table and narrowed the scope to suit your opinion and argument. It's not what he said but fit's your narrative.

The overall program (coaches & players) isn't able to be measured in talent as easily as you make it sound. Individual players/squads can be. But that's not what was said or where your argument was rooted from.

smootness
10-05-2018, 09:50 AM
You keep slipping in that he was talking about "talent" only.

61's original post you replied to in this thread doesn't have the word talent in it any where. Now you've turned the table and narrowed the scope to suit your opinion and argument. It's not what he said but fit's your narrative.

The overall program (coaches & players) isn't able to be measured in talent as easily as you make it sound. Individual players/squads can be. But that's not what was said or where your argument was rooted from.

Because that's what he's said elsewhere on this board. He started a thread to talk about it. He quit responding to me in that thread, so I brought it here.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Yeah, you've really been on one. Might consider stepping away from the keyboard because as much as you've argued your points with people this week and tried to get your point across it's apparent it ain't working.

I guess every single person who doesn't share the same opinion as you is dead wrong and that's the only option. God forbid someone change their opinion.

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 10:05 AM
But what changed? Was it the talent level? No.

So either Dawg61 is admitting he has no ability to judge talent, or the fact that we looked like utter crap two weeks in a row has changed his view of our talent.

My point is that bad coaching and bad results can make talented players look less talented. Therefore, my claim is that we are way more talented than we look. He seems to only judge talent based on wins and losses.

ETA: And my other issue with his posts is that right now he is essentially calling people out and wondering how they could possibly be so upset when it's clear we aren't as talented as a team like 2014...when two weeks ago he himself thought we were more talented than 2014. At least admit you were wrong and say, 'I thought the same thing, but at this point I no longer believe that's the case.' Don't come out attacking people for holding the same belief you did.

I'm not attacking anyone in particular really but I think our fanbase is acting like spoiled brats right now. As far as our talent goes I have been way off on two very crucial players and I am trying not to pile extra on them but posts like yours are making it impossible since you want to continue into the discussion of it.

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Yeah, you've really been on one. Might consider stepping away from the keyboard because as much as you've argued your points with people this week and tried to get your point across it's apparent it ain't working.

I guess every single person who doesn't share the same opinion as you is dead wrong and that's the only option. God forbid someone change their opinion.

This is a message board. It's a place to state opinions. I've stated mine, and I try to rebut people who differ in their opinion, especially when they're not consistent.

I'm not unhinged and I'm not insane. I'm just stating my opinion that the last two weeks are entirely unacceptable and suggest bad things for our future.

You thing I'm dead wrong because I don't share the same opinion, and you haven't been able to get your point across with me...so should you step away? Of course not.

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:09 AM
I'm not attacking anyone in particular really but I think our fanbase is acting like spoiled brats right now. As far as our talent goes I have been way off on two very crucial players and I am trying not to pile extra on them but posts like yours are making it impossible since you want to continue into the discussion of it.

But if I had to guess, I would say those players looked much better last year. Would I be right?

RougeDawg
10-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Hell if SlowMo abandons the passing game after 1st series, we blow the brakes off of Kentucky. If you tell me you were intoxicated watching that game, I?ll give you a pass. Florida and Kentucky are garbage and we lost to both. That?s why people are pissed. Any slapdick coach wins both of those games with the simplest of offenses. We don?t have F*cking Rhodes Scholars suiting up every weekend, so why treat them as such. SlowMo appears to be one of those really smart people, who you have to bring in from the rain. Common sense is as foreign as a trip to Mars for him.

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 10:19 AM
But if I had to guess, I would say those players looked much better last year. Would I be right?

One of them did look miles better under a different coach but I don't believe it's the coaching more so than it's on the player and a very nasty injury that has resulted in the big time digression. I do not think Fitz beats Kentucky with Mullen still coaching as my opinion of the Wildcats has gone way up since before we played them and Kentucky has already beaten Florida and Mullen this year against a QB Franks that's playing way better than Fitz. They handled us pretty easily and they whipped USCe last week. I think they do the same to aTm tomorrow. We also don't know if Fitz/Mullen would beat Florida as we don't know who would be coaching Florida instead of him.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 10:21 AM
This is a message board. It's a place to state opinions. I've stated mine, and I try to rebut people who differ in their opinion, especially when they're not consistent.

I'm not unhinged and I'm not insane. I'm just stating my opinion that the last two weeks are entirely unacceptable and suggest bad things for our future.

You thing I'm dead wrong because I don't share the same opinion, and you haven't been able to get your point across with me...so should you step away? Of course not.

Find where I said you were dead wrong any where. I may disagree on some, and I may have said your excessive beating a dead horse isn't working. Some of your points are valid and we get it. You've expressed that opinion. No doubt. But you can let it rest after about 2 days of it. We get it. You don't have to continue to shove your opinion down everyone's throats.

There is also a difference in expressing an opinion and discussing a topic civilly, and lashing out and trying to gain approval by arguing to the point that you are calling individuals out because of something that was said over 2 weeks ago.

Expressing it on a message board isn't gonna create the change you are seeking either and just comes across as whining after an entire work week of it. You're really taking what I said to the next level. Chill out. Unhinged? Insane? Where did that come from?

Keep going if you like though. I don't honestly expect you to stop now. Just my opinion and doesn't make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying you have to pump sunshine and talk about how things are great. Just don't post if all you want to say is negative and bash.

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:22 AM
One of them did look miles better under a different coach but I don't believe it's the coaching more so than it's on the player and a very nasty injury that has resulted in the big time digression. I do not think Fitz beats Kentucky with Mullen still coaching as my opinion of the Wildcats has gone way up since before we played them and Kentucky has already beaten Florida and Mullen this year against a QB Franks that's playing way better than Fitz. They handled us pretty easily and they whipped USCe last week. I think they do the same to aTm tomorrow. We also don't know if Fitz/Mullen would beat Florida as we don't know who would be coaching Florida instead of him.

I'll just be honest, I don't believe you. I certainly don't know how you could hold that belief. We've seen Fitzgerald in Mullen's offense. Can you point me to any QB who has had a broken leg/ankle and come back an entirely different player? If it was a shoulder or arm injury, or even a knee, that's one thing. Not a break.

Also...why might Franks be playing way better than Fitz? I can't think of any potential reasons....

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Find where I said you were dead wrong any where. I may disagree on some, and I may have said your excessive beating a dead horse isn't working. Some of your points are valid and we get it. You've expressed that opinion. No doubt. But you can let it rest after about 2 days of it. We get it. You don't have to continue to shove your opinion down everyone's throats.

There is also a difference in expressing an opinion and discussing a topic civilly, and lashing out and trying to gain approval by arguing to the point that you are calling individuals out because of something that was said over 2 weeks ago.

Expressing it on a message board isn't gonna create the change you are seeking either and just comes across as whining after an entire work week of it. You're really taking what I said to the next level. Chill out. Unhinged? Insane? Where did that come from?

Keep going if you like though. I don't honestly expect you to stop now. Just my opinion and doesn't make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things.

If we all quit expressing our opinions after two days, this place wouldn't exist. You don't like the fact that I keep expressing it because you don't agree. If you agreed with my opinion, you would love me sharing it constantly.

I'm not just berating Dawg61 over something he said two weeks ago that he no longer agrees with. I'm trying to make a point about how he is judging talent, and his comment from two weeks ago matters in making that point. Where have I lashed out? Where have I been uncivil?

You said I might consider stepping away from the keyboard; usually people say that when they think the person has become deranged. Perhaps you weren't trying to say that, and if so, I'm sorry I mischaracterized your point.

Again, if you don't like people expressing opinions you disagree with over and over, a message board probably isn't the place for you. I don't say that to be ugly, but seriously...what are we here for if not that? I'm not whining. I just disagree and am arguing with people who feel differently. I'm ok with that and I think most of them are as well. I don't dislike anyone on this board or target anyone or lash out or attack. I'm just disagreeing.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 10:28 AM
If we all quit expressing our opinions after two days, this place wouldn't exist. You don't like the fact that I keep expressing it because you don't agree. If you agreed with my opinion, you would love me sharing it constantly.

I'm not just berating Dawg61 over something he said two weeks ago that he no longer agrees with. I'm trying to make a point about how he is judging talent, and his comment from two weeks ago matters in making that point. Where have I lashed out? Where have I been uncivil?

You said I might consider stepping away from the keyboard; usually people say that when they think the person has become deranged. Perhaps you weren't trying to say that, and if so, I'm sorry I mischaracterized your point.

Again, if you don't like people expressing opinions you disagree with over and over, a message board probably isn't the place for you. I don't say that to be ugly, but seriously...what are we here for if not that? I'm not whining. I just disagree and am arguing with people who feel differently. I'm ok with that and I think most of them are as well. I don't dislike anyone on this board or target anyone or lash out or attack. I'm just disagreeing.

Cool

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Cool

Lulz

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 10:43 AM
I'll just be honest, I don't believe you. I certainly don't know how you could hold that belief. We've seen Fitzgerald in Mullen's offense. Can you point me to any QB who has had a broken leg/ankle and come back an entirely different player? If it was a shoulder or arm injury, or even a knee, that's one thing. Not a break.

Also...why might Franks be playing way better than Fitz? I can't think of any potential reasons....

You and I just have different opinions on Fitz's digression. That's fine. I think it's mostly on the player. You think it's more on our coach. Also fine. Agree to disagree.

smootness
10-05-2018, 10:45 AM
You and I just have different opinions on Fitz's digression. That's fine. I think it's mostly on the player. You think it's more on our coach. Also fine. Agree to disagree.

Fair enough. It just seems awfully coincidental that Fitz has regressed so much and Franks has improved so much. Seems weird for that to be primarily on both players.

I will ask this, though, and I genuinely want to know - what would it take for you to give up on Moorhead this year? Is it possible, or will you give him next year regardless?

BrunswickDawg
10-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Hell, half the people on this board are talking about how Fitz seems to run tentative, is avoiding hits, has lost a step, or looks jumpy. If those are happening now, what makes you think he wouldn't be reacting that same way under Mullen? Dude almost had a career ending injury. That can change you.

It doesn't even take injury to 17 people up in the head. Chuck Knoblauch went from an All-Star 2nd baseman to not being able to throw to first base. Wasn't injured. Didn't change anything. His head just snapped and overnight lost an important athletic ability.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Lulz

Just pointless to keep on. You are just looking to argue with any and everything and have been all week. Plain and simple. And that's not an opinion. There are about 3 or 4 (or more) threads you are in right now doing the same thing and plenty of people who just don't see eye to eye with you. Some do, but they just aren't obnoxious with it. For some reason you can't accept that and want to try to prove everyone wrong and you're right. I honestly don't care that much.

Have fun with that.

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Fair enough. It just seems awfully coincidental that Fitz has regressed so much and Franks has improved so much. Seems weird for that to be primarily on both players.

I will ask this, though, and I genuinely want to know - what would it take for you to give up on Moorhead this year? Is it possible, or will you give him next year regardless?

I give Mullen the credit for Franks improved play no doubt. Mullen is very good with developing QBs. Maybe the best in the entire country at it. As far as me totally giving up on Moorhead that depends on how we play the next 7 games (obviously) and who we have guaranteed to step in and replace him. Are we firing a brand new coach with no clue who our next one is or do we have a proven winner locked up just waiting for us to hand them the keys. Everyone wanted Stansbury fired but nobody woulda wanted him fired if they knew Rick Ray was the replacement.

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 11:07 AM
I can’t tell if it’s Fitz or if the oline has regressed
When a Fitz had time, he made throws but in that it seemed we had sacks or a bunch of 2 yd 3 yard type runs
But I think fitz is ok and when they do the new offense unrushed they seem to do well

But now, we gotta figure out how to beat auburn

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2018, 11:15 AM
I can’t tell if it’s Fitz or if the oline has regressed
When a Fitz had time, he made throws but in that it seemed we had sacks or a bunch of 2 yd 3 yard type runs
But I think fitz is ok and when they do the new offense unrushed they seem to do well

But now, we gotta figure out how to beat auburn

It's both. The OL is being asked to block in ways they've never been asked and Fitz is extremely slow going through his reads. Thus, everything looks to be in slow motion.

Go watch a Penn State game on YouTube. You'll see how McSorely to everyone else on the offense does things faster. Tells you all you need to know.

Lord McBuckethead
10-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Time to stop talking and start producing.

3 weeks ago.

smootness
10-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Just pointless to keep on. You are just looking to argue with any and everything and have been all week. Plain and simple. And that's not an opinion. There are about 3 or 4 (or more) threads you are in right now doing the same thing and plenty of people who just don't see eye to eye with you. Some do, but they just aren't obnoxious with it. For some reason you can't accept that and want to try to prove everyone wrong and you're right. I honestly don't care that much.

Have fun with that.

Do you really feel I'm obnoxious? The same people are in all these threads, debating the same things.

smootness
10-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Everyone wanted Stansbury fired but nobody woulda wanted him fired if they knew Rick Ray was the replacement.

I get that, but right now it seems like Mullen is the Stans in this analogy and Ray is Moorhead.

Let's hope we have our football Howland out there somewhere.

StateDawg44
10-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Do you really feel I'm obnoxious? The same people are in all these threads, debating the same things.

I'm sure you aren't obnoxious as a person. That is not fair for me to assume because I know nothing about you so I can't say yes to the way you phrased your question.

The excessive amount of posts arguing how disappointed you are is though. MSU fans aren't happy right now for obvious reasons. I am one of them but you don't see me making sure every single person knows that. Do you go on rants and get as worked up when talking to co-workers about what's going on with the team? I just don't see the need in so many threads that are in no way meant to turn into anything other than an argument or to re-state that we aren't playing good. Hell make one thread and keep it all in there so all the miserable people can bitch with each other and come up with ways to solve world problems that will never come to fruition.

----

For me, this board WAS a place that I lurked for a couple of years to just get tid bits of information that the media doesn't cover and I appreciate all of that and those that share what they know. But now, it's just a huge bitch fest and people starting the same threads over and over stating the obvious and going at each other and attacking the team. As if they don't want the same things we do. Or that all of the problems can be summed up into one and placed into a neat little basket on to our coach or coaching staffs lap. It just doesn't work like that as bad as people want to blame one thing or unit. It just has become unenjoyable because of all of the repetitive threads staging the same thing. You are in no way to blame for that and haven't done that single handedly. People seem to have no patience and don't want to accept the change that has taken place. Just irrational thoughts and posts with no alternative outcome other than what they think.

I don't want sunshine and daisies because that is hard to find right now. But it's not unreasonable to expect grown adults to accept what we have for what it is and just keep the toxicity to themselves. It's really not that hard to just take a step back and see what happens instead of being all up and arms and calling for people's heads.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-05-2018, 03:34 PM
He looks really uncomfortable.

hacker
10-05-2018, 04:22 PM
He looks really uncomfortable.

To me, he acted like he didn't really want to be there. Other things on his mind.

Lord McBuckethead
10-05-2018, 04:36 PM
To me, he acted like he didn't really want to be there. Other things on his mind.

Yeah, he did have other things to do. I like Joe Moorhead. I think he is going to get this train moving. I know he can coach and call plays. If all he did was treat Aeris and Hill the same as he treated Saquon, the entire team would get rolling. Call designed runs. Let these linemen tee off. Let's start running downhill.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2018, 04:42 PM

I wouldn't want to be there either under the current circumstances.

Not sure Mullen ever wanted to be there

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 05:00 PM
I’m saying as a fan base, we like to go on 4th and 1 on the right side of the field anyway and a lot of those rushed plays 3rd and short where fitz gets sacked or starts to run then changes just to get sacked, that’s what I mean by more a train or Hill anybody other than fitz really...in those moments. Aeris was good at getting those downs and fitz too but we’ve been a tad unsuccessful ‘lately’ with it - too slow, dead meat, not right play or something a bust -give it to someone else please

But I love fitz and his 10 yard gets you know what I mean

I_Spy
10-05-2018, 05:06 PM
I saw someone almost come from the secondary and fitz was still in his frontal stance, not even crossways to pass - this may be a read but give it someone other than fitz

Or he faked a run so still in frontal stance and then he saw the blitzed from secondary and then tried to run, no set play and was sacked. Why not have just handed it off?

Dawg61
10-05-2018, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't want to be there either under the current circumstances.

Not sure Mullen ever wanted to be there

I'd want to be there. Did you see that free food Jay gave him? Cheese grits with cream spinach, fried catfish and tomato gravy! Sign me up to answer some stupid questions on the radio for that.

3rdGen
10-05-2018, 07:20 PM
This thread has turned into the limp bizkit song Break Stuff. It?s all about the he said she said bullshit!

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2018, 02:08 PM
It was 45-0. How the hell can u forget that score? Also week after we beat a ranked Arkansas team...

Uh no Arkansas was terrible and we won on a last sec FG