PDA

View Full Version : Braves Dodgers

parabrave
10-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Braves down 1-0 going to top of 2nd. On MLB nework which sucks.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 08:12 PM
We're lucky this isn't a huge lead already

parabrave
10-04-2018, 08:33 PM
We're lucky this isn't a huge lead already

Hmmm wanna look again. Dang we got bad Folty tonight.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Hmmm wanna look again. Dang we got bad Folty tonight.

Luck ran out. No reason to let folty pitch anymore tonight. Hope we get this to game 4, and let him start it

parabrave
10-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Well guess Newcombe going to be our future ling relief guy. Hey it's still early we can come back

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Last years folty showed up tonight

MaroonFlounder
10-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Why pitch Newcomb down 4 runs? He almost no hit the Dodgers earlier this season. This game's over.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Why pitch Newcomb down 4 runs? He almost no hit the Dodgers earlier this season. This game's over.

Newcomb had been pretty absimal down the stretch. Wasn't even sure he'd make playoff roster

parabrave
10-04-2018, 09:17 PM
The ling relief was to be between him and Terhen. Terhen won the coin flip. Braves took 12 pitchers with them

msstate7
10-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Get an error, so runner on... snit calls a freaking hit and run with 2 strikes. Snit is the dumbest manager still in the playoffs by far

msstate7
10-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Chin shot right out the gate... let's get em tonight. Regardless of what happens, great season

shoeless joe
10-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Get an error, so runner on... snit calls a freaking hit and run with 2 strikes. Snit is the dumbest manager still in the playoffs by far

That wasn't a hit and run. It was a steal and with two strikes camargo has to protect.

msstate7
10-05-2018, 06:43 AM
That wasn't a hit and run. It was a steal and with two strikes camargo has to protect.
Then snit is dumb to let Acuna run there. FF on deck. I know I'm hard on snit, but losing Acuna on bases and letting folty hit for himself were dumb moves. Dodgers are vastly superior... we can't have goofs like that

shoeless joe
10-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Then snit is dumb to let Acuna run there. FF on deck. I know I'm hard on snit, but losing Acuna on bases and letting folty hit for himself were dumb moves. Dodgers are vastly superior... we can't have goofs like that

I know why he did it...trying to get the offense going, also thinking they may go off speed giving acuna a better chance. But it didn't work out. Hindsight is always 20/20. I too would have rather freeman and markakis come up with runners on. But at the end of the day we've been aggressive on the basepatchs all year.

I don't know that they are vastly superior but they are the better team. Braves win tonite I think they take the series. But I also picked them to come back from 0-2 so I guess I'll be alright either way

Matty Dispatch
10-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Bottom line is we've got to hit better. Folty was too emotional last night and made some mistakes which they crushed. Sanchez stands a better chance of being calm and giving 6-7 quality innings. But we have to hit - unfortunately it's against Kershaw. But Markakis & Albies need to come back from the dead, and we need Acuna to go 3 for 4 or something like that to have a shot in these games.

MaroonFlounder
10-05-2018, 09:42 PM
13 innings
Zero runs
and counting.

And I can't believe Sanchez didn't just go ahead and walk Machado at 3-0

msstate7
10-05-2018, 09:45 PM
13 innings
Zero runs
and counting.

And I can't believe Sanchez didn't just go ahead and walk Machado at 3-0

Luck has run out. We ain't playing crappy nl east teams anymore

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Luck has run out. We ain't playing crappy nl east teams anymore

We've found an offense worse than ours.

msstate7
10-05-2018, 11:21 PM
We've found an offense worse than ours.

25 straight scoreless innings. The braves have been held to 1 or less in 6 of last 7 games. It's awful.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2018, 11:29 PM
25 straight scoreless innings. The braves have been held to 1 or less in 6 of last 7 games. It's awful.

But sadly typical of their post seasons. Even in their hay day they were winning and losing games 1-0 or 2-1.

MaroonFlounder
10-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Pitching dominates in postseason baseball.

shoeless joe
10-06-2018, 03:04 PM
But sadly typical of their post seasons. Even in their hay day they were winning and losing games 1-0 or 2-1.

I thought the same thing in game 1. Even tho this is a totally different group it felt just like the late 90s early00s postseason series

msstate7
10-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Season on the line, we give the ball to newcomb. I like this. Obviously it may not work, but he has pitched very well vs the dodgers. If we somehow win this one, give folty another shot. If it goes 5, I'd probably go Julio over gausman

Matty Dispatch
10-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Season on the line, we give the ball to newcomb. I like this. Obviously it may not work, but he has pitched very well vs the dodgers. If we somehow win this one, give folty another shot. If it goes 5, I'd probably go Julio over gausman

Pretty surprised it's Newk, but he was good the other night and had his best game vs. the Dodgers so why not. Gotta scratch off some runs somehow, hopefully homefield will help

shoeless joe
10-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Hope it works out...feels desperate when gausman has been solid this year

msstate7
10-07-2018, 08:51 AM

Newcomb vs dodgers this year...
10.2 ip 2 h 1 er 1 bb 10 k

parabrave
10-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Ummm yes he pitched good against the Dodgers the other night, but dam on 3 days rest. Gausman has been solid solid since coming over. Well it really don't matter if the bats don't come alive.

Matty Dispatch
10-08-2018, 06:11 AM
Nice win, Game 4 is Monday afternoon with Folty on the mound.

msstate7
10-08-2018, 07:06 AM
Dodgers counter with rich hill. Little worried about us facing his curve.

Matty Dispatch
10-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Facing the Dodgers feels like State facing Oregon State in the CWS. They are so deep and so good. It just feels like we are overmatched, but hey we won a game and who knows.

parabrave
10-08-2018, 10:00 AM

Man not even giving Terhen a chance at all. Telling about his spot for next year/

Matty Dispatch
10-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Man not even giving Terhen a chance at all. Telling about his spot for next year/

Well Folty didn't throw much in Game 1, and was clearly rattled in L.A. But if he could feel comfortable at home and throw one of his gems it could be the bridge to a Game 5 with Tehranasauras Rex on the hill.

Brandon McCarthy and Anibal Sanchez are free agents + Gausman is arbitration eligible while Tehranasauras is signed through next year. It would seem unlikely he'll be anywhere but in Atlanta.

msstate7
10-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Julio could pitch today. If we win, he'll certainly pitch some tomorrow

parabrave
10-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Julio could pitch today. If we win, he'll certainly pitch some tomorrow

Well hope we get good Folty tonight.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Dang walks have haunted us all year!

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Thank you, Suzuki!

msstate7
10-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Unbelievable snit used brach vs freese. He was 2-6 with 2 HRs. Regardless though, this lineup is pathetic right now. Machado, who is a horrible SS, gave us a shot, and flowers blew it. Dodgers showing why they got rid of culberson... Swanson easily gets that ball. Unbelievable that we go a rookie over Julio with season on line... dodgers make us pay. Unbelievable that AA has kept flaherty around this long, and actually put him on the playoff roster. Spit! Oh well, hats off to AA, snit, and the braves. I'm frustrated, but I recognize what a great year this has been.

Bully13
10-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Not really a MLB fan anymore like I used to be. Rangers, Mets & Royals have always been my teams and I couldn't even tell you who the skippers are these days. Used to know every position player and pitchers. I was at AT&T today and found myself really enjoying the Astros / Indians game while waiting. Saw where the Braves and Dodgers were going at and was really hoping the Braves could pull it off. Sux but they had a strong year.

shoeless joe
10-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Yeah shoulda gone Teheran after venters...but IMO he shouldn't have pulled Jonny rite there. Easy to second guess...

The bases loaded with 1 out shitfest is what cost em

BoomBoom
10-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Unbelievable snit used brach vs freese. He was 2-6 with 2 HRs. Regardless though, this lineup is pathetic right now. Machado, who is a horrible SS, gave us a shot, and flowers blew it. Dodgers showing why they got rid of culberson... Swanson easily gets that ball. Unbelievable that we go a rookie over Julio with season on line... dodgers make us pay. Unbelievable that AA has kept flaherty around this long, and actually put him on the playoff roster. Spit! Oh well, hats off to AA, snit, and the braves. I'm frustrated, but I recognize what a great year this has been.

AA stuck to the plan. Next year we go for it all, every year, for many years.

It's gonna be a good run.

Matty Dispatch
10-09-2018, 06:42 AM
Yeah shoulda gone Teheran after venters...but IMO he shouldn't have pulled Jonny rite there. Easy to second guess...

The bases loaded with 1 out shitfest is what cost em

Markakis or Albies should've caught the pop up and we are out of the inning. Then bring in Tehran the next inning. Markakis had a really bad series, but not quite as bad as Comargo. It's amazing that we won a game at all against a team like the Dodgers considering those two did nothing for 4 games.

msstate7
10-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Markakis or Albies should've caught the pop up and we are out of the inning. Then bring in Tehran the next inning. Markakis had a really bad series, but not quite as bad as Comargo. It's amazing that we won a game at all against a team like the Dodgers considering those two did nothing for 4 games.

Markakis had a solid year, but it's time to move on. We need more pop. If Camargo is a for real 3 win player, I'd think seriously about moving Austin Riley to LF.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2018, 08:03 AM
I enjoyed the Braves this year. The team was fun to watch. Here's to hoping we get a big bat to hit cleanup. Loved the way Nick plays but time to move on. Future is bright!

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2018, 08:09 AM
They weren't supposed to get this far, great season.

Matty Dispatch
10-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Markakis had a solid year, but it's time to move on. We need more pop. If Camargo is a for real 3 win player, I'd think seriously about moving Austin Riley to LF.

I was really curious this morning about free agents, team control, minor league prospects this morning so I did a couple hours of research on the roster and put it in blog form. I think I addressed everything and didn't leave anyone out.

https://mwbulldogs.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/atlanta-braves-roster-in-2019/

shoeless joe
10-09-2018, 09:07 AM
I was really curious this morning about free agents, team control, minor league prospects this morning so I did a couple hours of research on the roster and put it in blog form. I think I addressed everything and didn't leave anyone out.

https://mwbulldogs.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/atlanta-braves-roster-in-2019/

Braves extended flowers during the season but they will surely go after an everyday catcher with a better bat

Matty Dispatch
10-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Missed that. Suzuki is 35 so I guess that was the thinking. And Flow is a home town guy.

I edited it. Suzuki has the 3rd best WAR among free agent catchers so I won't be surprised if he's back with a one year deal.

parabrave
10-09-2018, 11:15 AM
WMD had a good take on the future braves roster on his blog.