PDA

View Full Version : I have heard a lot of reports coming out of the athletic office this week...

99jc
10-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Some key players have voiced their concerns over the coaching this team has gotten offensively. From what I'm hearing there is dissention and is growing. I fear he has lost the team already. I wanted him to succeed but had my doubts from the beginning. I will be there Saturday but am not optimistic at all. I truly feel this season is going to spiral out of control. I heard Moorhead gets 2 years no matter what but if we go 0-8 in the SEC I'm not so sure now. Hailstate!

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Some key players have voiced their concerns over the coaching this team has gotten offensively. From what I'm hearing there is dissention and is growing. I fear he has lost the team already. I wanted him to succeed but had my doubts from the beginning. I will be there Saturday but am not optimistic at all. I truly feel this season is going to spiral out of control. I heard Moorhead gets 2 years no matter what but if we go 0-8 in the SEC I'm not so sure now. Hailstate!

Not sure how you write this post and then say Hail State at the end.

Posts like this do nothing but hurt our program.

Frankly, our players need to suck it the 17 up and play for these guys.

testuser
10-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Heard from who?

Activated Alpha
10-04-2018, 07:53 PM
99, you were the primary one giving people grief who didnt automatically agree with you that state was going to blow KY and florida out of the water. In fact, you thought we were bear trolls. So why should people get behind you on this?

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Is it possible that it is offensive players not catching onto the system? He has this year and probably a 0-8 SEC record would be the only thing to keep him from not being here next year.

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Well, Pickett and the University Greys were all in for that Lee guy at that place in PA about 150 years ago and we know how that turned out.*****

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 07:56 PM
I think we need to all take vow to not make this place toxic.

I understand that everyone is angry but we can't become toxic. It does nothing but make everything worse.

BeardoMSU
10-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we weren't that talented to begin with (on offense, obviously)....

BankerDog
10-04-2018, 08:01 PM
This is 2016 all over again in the locker room. And the common denominator is the QB.

He works in one offense and one offense only and that?s Mullen. He?s worried more about his record chase and off the field stuff then film study.

BeastMan
10-04-2018, 08:03 PM
I think we need to all take vow to not make this place toxic.

I understand that everyone is angry but we can't become toxic. It does nothing but make everything worse.

Post on message boards do not make a damn thing toxic. 400 yards in 2 games, 1 TD in 2 games, and hardheaded Woody Mcorvery-like offensive football makes things toxic.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 08:05 PM
Post on message boards do not make a damn thing toxic. 400 yards in 2 games, 1 TD in 2 games, and hardheaded Woody Mcorvery-like offensive football makes things toxic.

True but spreading unbstantiated rumors don't help

Coursesuper
10-04-2018, 08:06 PM

Very true.

BeardoMSU
10-04-2018, 08:07 PM
True but spreading unbstantiated rumors don't help

This is also true.

Randolph Dupree
10-04-2018, 08:08 PM
FWIW I sent a couple of texts to folks I know and they do not confirm this at all. I'm more of a baseball guy but feel like they would know and nada.

Agreee with Gun, we don't need to make this toxic...no "Forward Bulldogs" stuff. I'm as pissed as anyone and I'll be the first one to show JoMo the door if they can't get it turned around but to expect zero hiccups with a totally new staff is a bit harsh. Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that Fitz had zero live reps in spring, so he had (literally) two weeks to run the offense with some form of opposition...so maybe it isn't unrealistic that at some point this thing takes off.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Oh man, I hope this isn’t true. If it is, we will fall apart and this will be worse than the croom years.

parabrave
10-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Well, Pickett and the University Greys were all in for that Lee guy at that place in PA about 150 years ago and we know how that turned out.*****

Yeah but Longstreet was kind of against it

RocketDawg
10-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Maybe, just maybe, we weren't that talented to begin with (on offense, obviously)....

Gotta wonder.

99jc
10-04-2018, 08:14 PM
I'll stick by what I've heard until proven otherwise. And yes I think we have major talent on this team we should be 5-0. This message board board has no bearing on wins or losses. But the incompetence of our head coach does. I guess we will find out this weekend.

Coursesuper
10-04-2018, 08:16 PM
FWIW I sent a couple of texts to folks I know and they do not confirm this at all. I'm more of a baseball guy but feel like they would know and nada.

Agreee with Gun, we don't need to make this toxic...no "Forward Bulldogs" stuff. I'm as pissed as anyone and I'll be the first one to show JoMo the door if they can't get it turned around but to expect zero hiccups with a totally new staff is a bit harsh. Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that Fitz had zero live reps in spring, so he had (literally) two weeks to run the offense with some form of opposition...so maybe it isn't unrealistic that at some point this thing takes off.

There were wont be a forward bulldogs, if it goes completely sideways and an 0-8 comes out of this the wheels will move and changes will be made. There are people that won't let us fall into a five year or more rebuild.

Dawgs87
10-04-2018, 08:19 PM

So you think Merlin would be 3-2 with this talent?
Almost the exact same offensive players go from averaging 27 point per game in the SEC to 6.5 ppg. Must be the talent, though.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 08:22 PM
So you think Merlin would be 3-2 with this talent?
Almost the exact same offensive players go from averaging 27 point per game to 6.5 ppg. Must be the talent, though.

Just their way of coping. Obviously our talent is worse than vandy since we're behind them in every sec offensive category. This has nothing to do with Moorhead. We have zilch to work with, and quite frankly 200 yds, 6.5 pts per game in sec games is really one of hell of a job by this staff. Our talent is that bad.

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Yeah but Longstreet was kind of against it

Yeah, Longstreet never spoke to Lee again. Hope that doesn't happen to some of our present FB "leaders" after this season plays out.

Cooterpoot
10-04-2018, 08:33 PM
I?m done commenting on the coaches for at least two more games (minus the game thread). I?m praying it gets straight. I can?t handle football going the way basketball did.

TrapGame
10-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Just to throw this out there:

Joe said tonight

We run the ball great, not a problem.

The pass blocking is a problem they are working on.

He talked about "culture" again. I get the impression he thinks we have a culture problem.

Now to the OP:

If true, could it be an OL mutiny against Johnson. Just a thought.

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Joe said tonight

He talked about "culture" again. I get the impression he thinks we have a culture problem.

Now to the OP:

Where'd you see Joe press conference?

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 08:50 PM

Live on fb

TrapGame
10-04-2018, 08:55 PM

Dawg Talk 105.9

I was driving to pick up some BBQ for the fam.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Just their way of coping. Obviously our talent is worse than vandy since we're behind them in every sec offensive category. This has nothing to do with Moorhead. We have zilch to work with, and quite frankly 200 yds, 6.5 pts per game in sec games is really one of hell of a job by this staff. Our talent is that bad.

Or could it possibly be a combination of both the players and the coaches? I have a feeling that's the real truth.

Yes the coaches are being hard headed. But you can't convince me that Fitz has put in the work he needed to during the offseason to be a championship caliber QB. Yes, he had to do rehab but he could have incorporated throwing to our receivers as part of that and killed two birds with one stone. Greg Eiland getting his ass beat literally every pass play is on Greg Eiland. Receivers dropping passes is on them.

And as far as the talent- our defense is elite. They have been as good as advertised. But I remember about 3-4 years ago complaining about OL and WR recruiting and look at those two groups right now. They look like, well a bunch of 2-3 star players. Compare that to our defense which is mostly made up of 4 and I think even one 5 star guy in there and only a couple of three star guys. On offense the only four star guys we are starting are Hill, Aeris, and Guidry. And not coincidentally two of those guys have been our best players on offense this year.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Just my 2 cents but if we have players mutinying after 2 bad games then we got some softies on this team. They need to get it fixed players and coaches. There have been plays to be made by the players that could have changed the outcome of these games. I understand everyone frustrated, I am too. I tell my kids all the time when you face adversity you can overcome it or quit and quitting not an option.

ETA if this indeed is happening

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Live on fb

Dawg Talk 105.9

I was driving to pick up some BBQ for the fam.

Thanks guys.

Todd4State

Joe said tonight

Now to the OP:

Unless we win out I don't see Johnson coming back. He may not come back even if we win out. I expect him to be a scapegoat.

dawgday166
Just my 2 cents but if we have players mutinying after 2 bad games then we got some softies on this team. They need to get it fixed players and coaches. There have been plays to be made by the players that could have changed the outcome of these guys. I understand everyone frustrated, I am too. I tell my kids all the time when you face adversity you can overcome it or quit and quitting not an option.

Good post.

Leroy Jenkins
10-04-2018, 09:06 PM
I've led a soldier's life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this. It's as if I can actually see the blue troops in one long, bloody moment, goin' up the long slope to the stony top. As if it were already done... already a memory. An odd... set... stony quality to it. As if tomorrow has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way you sometimes feel before an ill-considered attack, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even take part, and help it fail.

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Or could it possibly be a combination of both the players and the coaches? I have a feeling that's the real truth.

Yes the coaches are being hard headed. But you can't convince me that Fitz has put in the work he needed to during the offseason to be a championship caliber QB. Yes, he had to do rehab but he could have incorporated throwing to our receivers as part of that and killed two birds with one stone. Greg Eiland getting his ass beat literally every pass play is on Greg Eiland. Receivers dropping passes is on them.

And as far as the talent- our defense is elite. They have been as good as advertised. But I remember about 3-4 years ago complaining about OL and WR recruiting and look at those two groups right now. They look like, well a bunch of 2-3 star players. Compare that to our defense which is mostly made up of 4 and I think even one 5 star guy in there and only a couple of three star guys. On offense the only four star guys we are starting are Hill, Aeris, and Guidry. And not coincidentally two of those guys have been our best players on offense this year.

I agree on the off-the-field work by Fitz, receivers, etc.

Defense isn't as good as "advertised" tho. They ain't bad, but being "not bad" wasn't how they were advertised. And talent wise, D line is good. Leo is not playing good and should be laying folks out. Thompson playing pretty good. Corners are really not playing good IMO. Abrams is good, Cole had bad game against FL and hasn't impressed me. McLaurin is half and half.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Just my 2 cents but if we have players mutinying after 2 bad games then we got some softies on this team. They need to get it fixed players and coaches. There have been plays to be made by the players that could have changed the outcome of these guys. I understand everyone frustrated, I am too. I tell my kids all the time when you face adversity you can overcome it or quit and quitting not an option.

Amen. And based on the past four years of watching these players I highly suspect that they are soft. Whether the OP is true or not. Losing to South Alabama, Losing an Egg Bowl at home to cost us a Sugar Bowl bid, crawfishing against Alabama repeatedly, losing the Egg Bowl last year, and then Kentucky and Florida this year. And then you have stuff like the players going off on Bob Carskadon because he said something about their beards when it was clearly something that was supposed to be good natured and then running smack on Kentucky and not backing it up. But the worst was the Egg Bowl last year when they allowed Ole Miss to get off cheap shot after cheap shot and did nothing about it. I'm sorry if someone is acting like they are peeing on our logo- I'm going to run over and pop the guy like the guy for the Cowboys that popped Terrell Owens for celebrating on their star.

Our football team needs to learn about cajones from our baseball team. Even LA who some on here ripped repeatedly- Ole Miss walks Mangum to get to him and he at least has the balls to say alright I'm going opposite field and wins the game. If it's Fitz- I guarantee he strikes out and then goes out partying with his beauty queen girlfriend.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 09:15 PM
I agree on the off-the-field work by Fitz, receivers, etc.

Defense isn't as good as "advertised" tho. They ain't bad, but being "not bad" wasn't how they were advertised. And talent wise, D line is good. Leo is not playing good and should be laying folks out. Thompson playing pretty good. Corners are really not playing good IMO. Abrams is good, Cole had bad game against FL and hasn't impressed me. McLaurin is half and half.

To me that just shows how unrealistic the expectations are. We're second in the SEC in total defense and are allowing 13 points a game. This despite our offense doing literally nothing the past two games meaning we haven't been able to pin our ears back at all. In this era of offense teams are going to make plays from time to time.

TrapGame
10-04-2018, 09:16 PM
One of my coworker's best friends is a long time AD employee. I'll ask her to text her friend to see if this has made her ears. She's like a second mother to some of these players.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Amen. And based on the past four years of watching these players I highly suspect that they are soft. Whether the OP is true or not. Losing to South Alabama, Losing an Egg Bowl at home to cost us a Sugar Bowl bid, crawfishing against Alabama repeatedly, losing the Egg Bowl last year, and then Kentucky and Florida this year. And then you have stuff like the players going off on Bob Carskadon because he said something about their beards when it was clearly something that was supposed to be good natured and then running smack on Kentucky and not backing it up. But the worst was the Egg Bowl last year when they allowed Ole Miss to get off cheap shot after cheap shot and did nothing about it. I'm sorry if someone is acting like they are peeing on our logo- I'm going to run over and pop the guy like the guy for the Cowboys that popped Terrell Owens for celebrating on their star.

Our football team needs to learn about cajones from our baseball team. Even LA who some on here ripped repeatedly- Ole Miss walks Mangum to get to him and he at least has the balls to say alright I'm going opposite field and wins the game. If it's Fitz- I guarantee he strikes out and then goes out partying with his beauty queen girlfriend.

Strong post! Our baseball team could've easily quit with what happened last year but sucked up and overcame. Basketball team sucked it up too and turned their season around too. That was George Teague(Alabama)who knocked the piss out of Terrell Owens for that Star stunt.

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 09:23 PM
To me that just shows how unrealistic the expectations are. We're second in the SEC in total defense and are allowing 13 points a game. This despite our offense doing literally nothing the past two games meaning we haven't been able to pin our ears back at all. In this era of offense teams are going to make plays from time to time.

So far we've played 1 dimensional offenses only in SEC. Go rewind the tape and look at how we had NO 3 & outs against a crappy FL offense that can't run the ball on anyone. How our CBs got their ass handed to them when FL WRs were blocking them. How Cole and Leo had multiple instances they could have laid the lumber ... and didn't. How our back 7 take bad angles all the time. And they're soft.

This D was touted as better than Bama's .. and it's not. And right now this is not the usual Bama D ... not as good. Talent is mostly there tho ... they're young.

ETA: KY is 71 in total O and FL is 93.

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:26 PM

I have heard that the O coaches are soft and never hold the offensive players accountable. No intensity or accountability. And that practices are soft as charmin.

Makes sense that its the offensive coaches that are soft considering what we have seen on the field. Take it as just another post if you want but that is from a good source

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:27 PM

What in the hell does that have to do with us

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-04-2018, 09:28 PM
BS quit making shit up. " I've heard a lot of reports...." what the hell ever dude just stop.

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:28 PM
This is 2016 all over again in the locker room. And the common denominator is the QB.

He works in one offense and one offense only and that?s Mullen. He?s worried more about his record chase and off the field stuff then film study.

Yeah its all one kids fault. The kid who plays as hard as anybody we have. GTFO

BuckyIsAB****
10-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Yeah, Longstreet never spoke to Lee again. Hope that doesn't happen to some of our present FB "leaders" after this season plays out.

Yeah maybe after the war he didnt but Longstreet fought many a more battle with Lee after Gettysburg.

LC Dawg
10-04-2018, 09:33 PM
I just don't see it happening but if our team bails on a new coaching staff after 5 games they are really going to struggle with the remainder of their lives.
If there is dissension amongst the teams it's time for the team leaders to step up. I think we have a few good leaders but I wonder if we have enough for a struggling team. A lot of our guys seem pretty low key.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 09:33 PM

We still got that 9-win ban bet?

Jack Lambert
10-04-2018, 09:36 PM
What in the hell does that have to do with us

The Greys were not under Pickett. They were under Gen Pettigrew. Both Pickett and Pettigrew were Division Commanders in Longstreet Corps during Picketts charge.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 10:11 PM
So far we've played 1 dimensional offenses only in SEC. Go rewind the tape and look at how we had NO 3 & outs against a crappy FL offense that can't run the ball on anyone. How our CBs got their ass handed to them when FL WRs were blocking them. How Cole and Leo had multiple instances they could have laid the lumber ... and didn't. How our back 7 take bad angles all the time. And they're soft.

This D was touted as better than Bama's .. and it's not. And right now this is not the usual Bama D ... not as good. Talent is mostly there tho ... they're young.

ETA: KY is 71 in total O and FL is 93.

I don't remember anyone saying that we're better on defense than Alabama.

The bottom line on a defense is points allowed. We're allowing 13 points a game. Everything else is just nitpicky semantics. Like allowing 13 points to Florida- and the only TD on a trick play. But dammit- they didn't have any three and outs! Unacceptable!**

Even if we are playing one dimensional offenses at least we're not letting them score a lot on us.

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 10:15 PM
I don't remember anyone saying that we're better on defense than Alabama.

The bottom line on a defense is points allowed. We're allowing 13 points a game. Everything else is just nitpicky semantics. Like allowing 13 points to Florida- and the only TD on a trick play. But dammit- they didn't have any three and outs! Unacceptable!**

Even if we are playing one dimensional offenses at least we're not letting them score a lot on us.

What I'm saying is ... if it don't improve we gonna get smoked when we face good offenses. Those ain't good offenses ... at all!

So if you want to keep saying "Well we good on D", we'll see what you say when TAM lays 42 on us, or a not-so-great LSU lays 28 on us, or Bama lays 7211 (that's 7 thousand 2 hundred 11).

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 10:16 PM
What I'm saying is ... if it don't improve we gonna get smoked when we face good offenses. Those ain't good offenses ... at all!

So if you want to keep saying "Well we good on D", we'll see what you say when TAM lays 42 on us, or a not-so-great LSU lays 28 on us, or Bama lays 7211 (that's 7 thousand 2 hundred 11).

And if we hold them to 21 or less I'm sure you'll find something wrong with someone not laying the wood enough. Or their technique. Or whatever else you can cook up.

dawgday166
10-04-2018, 10:18 PM
And if we hold them to 21 or less I'm sure you'll find something wrong with someone not laying the wood enough. Or their technique. Or whatever else you can cook up.

Woo hoo ... we beat SFA 63-6, KSU 31-10, and ULL 56-10. Boy I'm feeling good now. Our offense is AWESOME, our defense is AWESOME ... everything is, well, just, AWESOME.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2018, 10:24 PM
I wish this "I fear he has lost the team". and there is player dissension wouldn't be posted on a public message board, but it is what it is I guess. All that does is possibly hurt our recruiting, and accomplishes nothing. It also makes that bunch up the road happy, and gives them something to possibly use against us,. If this is actually factual, then some things just need to be kept quiet. At least not be posted on a public message board. IMO

Seems like what is mostly said by some our offensive players and offensive coaches alike is we need to execute the plays. That would be we need to communicate better, block better, get separation on pass routes, etc. Maybe his offense is too complicated, and it's too tough a learning curve, for our current players, or maybe our players were reading all the preseason accolades, and hopefully a light bulb has come on that showed that what you did last year doesn't win SEC games this year. Whatever, I think JoeMo will make some necessary changes to hopefully put our players in a better position to be successful, and that transfers to the execution on the field.

What I don't understand is why some of our players are saying noise is an issue on the offensive line. If that's the case then they are really going to be in for a shock when they walk out on the field at Tiger Stadium. Everybody should experience that Tiger Stadium crowd at night at least one time during their lifetime.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Enough already. I'm as upset as anyone but this crap is just beating a dead horse and is counter productive. Whine, whine, whine.....MSU fans in their natural element.

BankerDog
10-04-2018, 10:44 PM
Yeah its all one kids fault. The kid who plays as hard as anybody we have. GTFO

Go ask your source then what he thinks.

And you?re really dumb as hell if you think 1?s practice against each other on game weeks outside of HS ball. It?s obvious you don?t know how the college game works. Stay in Rankin county.

BankerDog
10-04-2018, 10:48 PM
We still got that 9-win ban bet?

All I?m saying is this...my information is pretty damn accurate. The team wants KT just like they wanted Damian. Fitz fits one offense and one offense only and that?s Mullen?s.

And to go with Bucky..the practices are soft. Look at where most of the guys come from- 2 NFL guys (who don?t have to stay on guys as hard), a D-3 school QB coach, and a OL coach from Duke. Screams soft.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 10:50 PM
All I?m saying is this...my information is pretty damn accurate. The team wants KT just like they wanted Damian. Fitz fits one offense and one offense only and that?s Mullen?s.

And to go with Bucky..the practices are soft. Look at where most of the guys come from- 2 NFL guys (who don?t have to stay on guys as hard), a D-3 school QB coach, and a OL coach from Duke. Screams soft.

No argument from me. I detest this staff

yjnkdawg
10-04-2018, 10:58 PM

And you?re really dumb as hell if you think 1?s practice against each other on game weeks outside of HS ball. It?s obvious you don?t know how the college game works. Stay in Rankin county.

LOL So some people would think that our NO 1 Defense would change this week to what Auburn runs on their defense and our NO 1 Offense would run what Auburn's offense runs. In walks the scout team. We are the ones who do that.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Woo hoo ... we beat SFA 63-6, KSU 31-10, and ULL 56-10. Boy I'm feeling good now. Our offense is AWESOME, our defense is AWESOME ... everything is, well, just, AWESOME.

Curiously left out the 13 to Florida.**

ckDOG
10-04-2018, 11:50 PM

You haven't heard shit.

BhamDawg205
10-04-2018, 11:58 PM

Joe said tonight

Now to the OP:

Let's say Johnson is that bad... It falls back to JoMo's scheme. If he observes O lineman out of position on certain plays. He should step in an correct it. JoMo should let his OC do his job and oversee implementation as a whole.

Todd4State
10-05-2018, 01:17 AM
Let's say Johnson is that bad... It falls back to JoMo's scheme. If he observes O lineman out of position on certain plays. He should step in an correct it. JoMo should let his OC do his job and oversee implementation as a whole.

Joe IS the OC.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2018, 07:14 AM

I wonder if having those NFL guys hurt by downplaying the importance of each game in the season? They?re used to just trying to make it to the playoffs.

Hambone
10-05-2018, 07:24 AM
The team does not want KT over Fitz. Hell, if they do this team is further lost than expected. KT is lost in the playbook

BhamDawg205
10-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Joe IS the OC.

There lies the problem... Too much on his plate and FYI Luke Getsy is listed as OC/ WR coach
https://hailstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1938&path=football

EdDawg
10-05-2018, 08:31 AM
The Greys were not under Pickett. They were under Gen Pettigrew. Both Pickett and Pettigrew were Division Commanders in Longstreet Corps during Picketts charge.

Pettigrew was a division commander under Hill (received command of the division after Heth was wounded.) Trimble's division was under Hill as well, which is why Longstreet thought Hill should lead the attack since 2 of the 3 divisions were under Hill.

Longstreet had his chance at Gettysburg on Day 2, but issued a countermarch on a narrow road that cost half the day to get into position. His attack still was brutal, but he allowed more federal troops to arrive before the attack.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Pettigrew was a division commander under Hill (received command of the division after Heth was wounded.) Trimble's division was under Hill as well, which is why Longstreet thought Hill should lead the attack since 2 of the 3 divisions were under Hill.

Longstreet had his chance at Gettysburg on Day 2, but issued a countermarch on a narrow road that cost half the day to get into position. His attack still was brutal, but he allowed more federal troops to arrive before the attack.

Lee should have listened to Longstreet. He should have tried to get between Meade and Washington and forced Meade to attack him. The Union position at Gettysburg was immensely strong. Lee slipped from the ranks of truely great generals in my mind the first time I went to Gettysburg and saw the ground. I think he fell into the trap of thinking he and his army were invincible.

EdDawg
10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Lee should have listened to Longstreet. He should have tried to get between Meade and Washington and forced Meade to attack him. The Union position at Gettysburg was immensely strong. Lee slipped from the ranks of truely great generals in my mind the first time I went to Gettysburg and saw the ground. I think he fell into the trap of thinking he and his army were invincible.

There are a lot of decisions that could have been made differently. This would probably be a great discussion to have on the BS board as I don't want to hijack this thread too much, and history being one of my favorite topics.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 11:50 AM
There lies the problem... Too much on his plate and FYI Luke Getsy is listed as OC/ WR coach
https://hailstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1938&path=football

You are correct, but ask Getsy and he will tell you that JoeMo calls the plays. JoeMo may get some input from other coaches, but he makes the final play call.

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2018, 12:06 PM
I’m a firm believer in Jimmies and Joes win games. We have failed to execute some big plays. But this offensive product is on Joe. The product is terrible right now. That’s All a coaching problem. Grantham kicked Joe ass last week.

Johnson85
10-05-2018, 12:20 PM

This is just a crazy talking point. We knew we had question marks at WR, but these players moved the ball with no receivers last year against everybody but UGA and Auburn and to a lesser extent Bama. We should have been able to grind out points on the ground this year against everybody but Auburn and Bama and maybe LSU and A&M.

We had basically 8 wins locked up if we just didn't screw up the running game this year. Give our offense any help at all and we probably win the UK game something like 24-14 and UF game something similar or worse. I get people not wanting to act like the sky if falling because we have not been successful at transitioning offenses, but this is primarily a coaching failure. We have tools on offense that and they've been unable to utilize them. Certainly UK and UF would have switched offensive rosters with us in a heartbeat if they'd been given the opportunity before the season.

yjnkdawg
10-05-2018, 12:30 PM
The team does not want KT over Fitz. Hell, if they do this team is further lost than expected. KT is lost in the playbook

Yeah, but what does it matter? It's a good thread to initiate on a MSU Messageboard. Really helps our recruiting too. ****

Bodaski
10-05-2018, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't think your starting SR QB being suspended for the 1st game is a very good example of a leader either. I had a bad feeling about leadership when this news broke. Crap like this plays with the pshycy of a team, whether you think so or not.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Long Streets Corps had three divisions one under Hood, one under McLaws and the other under Pickett. Hood and McClaws were badly damage the second day but Pickett did not arrive until the night of the second day. Lee wanted Longstreet to lead the charge in the Center on the third day. So Lee gave Longstreet two Divisions that were under Trimble and Pettigrew at the time to give Hood and Mclaw a break and to keep Longstreet's Corps up to strength. The 11th Mississippi Regiment in which the Oxford Greys was a company of was part of Pettigrew Divison. The entire Regiment was wiped out.

EdDawg
10-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Long Streets Corps had three divisions one under Hood, one under McLaws and the other under Pickett. Hood and McClaws were badly damage the second day but Pickett did not arrive until the night of the second day. Lee wanted Longstreet to lead the charge in the Center on the third day. So Lee gave Longstreet two Divisions that were under Trimble and Pettigrew at the time to give Hood and Mclaw a break and to keep Longstreet's Corps up to strength. The 11th Mississippi Regiment in which the Oxford Greys was a company of was part of Pettigrew Divison. The entire Regiment was wiped out.

Longstreet was given the responsibility for the attack and placed in charge, but Pettigrew and Trimble's divisions were never formally in the 1st Corps. This type of thing actually happened a good bit where commanders would ask for brigades/divisions from other leaders in battle.

Longstreet did not want to take overall leadership for the attack because 2 of the divisions belonged to Hill's 3rd Corps.

Yes Longstreet's other divisions were heavily engaged the July 2nd, but no division were formally reorganized into another corps.

I know when longstreet's divisions arrived, my statement about his chance on the July 2 was separate from the Pickett's charge comment.

By the way there are great battlefield walk videos on YouTube from Gettysburgnps. Ranger Matt Atkinson is from Mississippi and is a great listen in his battlefield walks and lectures.

I started a Gettysburg thread on the BS board if anyone wanted to discuss that part of history in detail. Jack, I think you and I are basically on the same page but just discussing semantics.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Longstreet was given the responsibility for the attack and placed in charge, but Pettigrew and Trimble's divisions were never formally in the 1st Corps. This type of thing actually happened a good bit where commanders would ask for brigades/divisions from other leaders in battle.

Longstreet did not want to take overall leadership for the attack because 2 of the divisions belonged to Hill's 3rd Corps.

Yes Longstreet's other divisions were heavily engaged the July 2nd, but no division were formally reorganized into another corps.

I know when longstreet's divisions arrived, my statement about his chance on the July 2 was separate from the Pickett's charge comment.

By the way there are great battlefield walk videos on YouTube from Gettysburgnps. Ranger Matt Atkinson is from Mississippi and is a great listen in his battlefield walks and lectures.

My original statement was that the Greys were not under Pickett. Pickett was not in charge during the charge on the center of the third day but Longstreet was. Why they called it Picketts charge is debatable but I think it was really to protect Longstreets name. The Greys were under Pettigrew but did get wiped out. I wasn't trying to argue I was just pointing out that the 11th Mississippi was not brigade with a Virginia Regiments. Picketts division only had infantry regiments and artillery batteries from Virginia.

BhamDawg205
10-05-2018, 03:56 PM
You are correct, but ask Getsy and he will tell you that JoeMo calls the plays. JoeMo may get some input from other coaches, but he makes the final play call.

That's the point, he's so involved in play calling he's slipping in the attention to detail department. Show me a successful program where the head coach is bogged down in coordinating duties. He should be walking around holding his staff accountable for not implementing his vision correctly.

Really Clark?
10-05-2018, 04:19 PM
That's the point, he's so involved in play calling he's slipping in the attention to detail department. Show me a successful program where the head coach is bogged down in coordinating duties. He should be walking around holding his staff accountable for not implementing his vision correctly.

Uh...Mullen here for the last 9 years called the plays. Lincoln Riley is at OK. Several pro coaches do it and are very successful. Payton, McCarthy, Pederson to name 3

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-05-2018, 05:37 PM
You are always so full of sh1t!

This booster is a well know female, a 7 figure donor, a 3rd generation alumni booster and according to her was family friends with the Vaults.

She stated 3 things that really got my attention.
1) She stated that most prominent boosters do not blame Miss State or any of our players for their problems. It was that Hugh Freeze and Alabama that was responsible.
2) They (the boosters) did not have a problem with the ca$h or other material things provided the players but the providing of prostitution for players was unacceptable.
3) They were informed that the NCAA had indeed put the death penalty on the table if the evidence came to light on the prostitution. She went on about The prostitution stuff for a while.

I asked her what they felt was going to happen. She said the president and Ross B. Have eluded that multi year bowl bans, severe scholarship reductions, forfeiture of games, loss of bowl revenue received, among other things should be expected. She then said the program was at the bottom of the barrel and would soon be under the barrel. She then said if the prostitution charges were proved many prominent boosters would immediately stop their contributions.

Nothing really new here but it's the 1st time someone with real insight on the university ( not what some dumbass poster on nafoom thinks) has been this truthful. It just reaffirms what we all felt and know is going to happen.

Click an Add Shitbirds.

3rdGen
10-05-2018, 09:22 PM
I think this a stupid ****ing thread and I think you morons going on a bout greys and generals should STFU and take that shit to a different board. But that’s just my opinion. Lock this shit out and delete it. If I want a war lesson I will go to a war museum.

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2018, 02:11 AM

If players on the team are bitching about it then its probably a problem. This isnt the NFL. You have to prepare in practice. Im sorry you must be Moorhead or his wife. Rankin county is pretty badass btw. Aint a team in rankin county coached as bad as MS State is rn

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2018, 02:15 AM

Yeah and the NFL is soft as charmin. Its hardly even real football anymore. That is not the SEC and it damn sure isnt MSU. Those ex NFL guys and D3 guys better adjust or they will find their ass back where they came from real quick. Johnson is probably the first head on the chopping block at this point

Pit Bull
10-06-2018, 04:01 AM
I wouldn't think your starting SR QB being suspended for the 1st game is a very good example of a leader either. I had a bad feeling about leadership when this news broke. Crap like this plays with the pshycy of a team, whether you think so or not.

There was a reason Fitz was a ranked a 2 star QB coming out of high school......he was just one dimensional. But Mullen liked that one dimension and thought he could coach up the 2nd dimension in him. Now as a Sr in college......he still looks like a 2 star passer that he was in high school. And with a metal ankle, the one dimension he was good at appears to have dropped off as well. He just doesn't look the same as last year.

BhamDawg205
10-06-2018, 04:44 AM
Uh...Mullen here for the last 9 years called the plays. Lincoln Riley is at OK. Several pro coaches do it and are very successful. Payton, McCarthy, Pederson to name 3

Ok by MSU standards Mullen was successful. Point was what coach came in to install a totally different system, been OC and built a successful program. Even elites don't do that. OK was a powerhouse way before Riley, all he has to do is don't muck it up.... And as for the NFL you're dealing with professional players who eat and s*** football for a living. Unlike NCAA, most NFL teams run primarily than same offense with different terminology and formations

Really Clark?
10-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Ok by MSU standards Mullen was successful. Point was what coach came in to install a totally different system, been OC and built a successful program. Even elites don't do that. OK was a powerhouse way before Riley, all he has to do is don't muck it up.... And as for the NFL you're dealing with professional players who eat and s*** football for a living. Unlike NCAA, most NFL teams run primarily than same offense with different terminology and formations

Oh so now you want to add to the criteria, install new system, be OC and build a successful program and college only (and no, not all offenses in the NFL are the same). Bobby Petrino successful enough for you? Chip Kelly at Oregon? Malzhan took Auburn to a title game calling the plays. Spurrier called his plays at Florida

Dawg2003
10-06-2018, 08:12 AM

There's too much money involved not to have success pretty quickly. For any of these coaches really. If you're walking into a rebuild, you only get a year before improvement is expected. At some point, you have to be realistic and work with what you've got. I fear Moorhead may be a "genius" when developing a game plan on paper, but he doesn't have common sense and isn't realistic about the talent level at some positions.

My bigger concern is that Moorhead can't recruit the type of talent that he needs to run this offense. Which WR have we recruited? We have Schraeher coming, but what do we do in the meantime?

BhamDawg205
10-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Oh so now you want to add to the criteria, install new system, be OC and build a successful program and college only (and no, not all offenses in the NFL are the same). Bobby Petrino successful enough for you? Chip Kelly at Oregon? Malzhan took Auburn to a title game calling the plays. Spurrier called his plays at Florida

Is this not what happening at MSU now? Petrino is good mind, but another Mullen... Chip was successful at Oregon, but Nike money helps to. Malzhan out athleted most his competition, and the SEC was behind when it came to the spread ( including Alabama). Living in AL, I witness how Auburn pushed Malzhan into actually hiring an OC. Spurrier turned FL into a powerhouse, but like he said, FL was a sleeping giant with the talent base. Didn't go so well in SC right.
Right now this team has has more than offensive problems. But our HC is bogged down implementing his offense.

Mutt the Hoople
10-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Not sure how you write this post and then say Hail State at the end.

Posts like this do nothing but hurt our program. .

Because this is a message board. We can post whatever the heck we want. This reminds me of 2001, when the Sunshine Pumpers were telling us we were going to win the National Championship. Then, the team just laid down and died like dogs. Instead of taking the chance to become a great football player, Dontae took the time to smoke dope and get fat.

I actually had some guy wearing a Zorro suit and wearing a mask, telling me my negative posts were "bringing down the program". No, having a bunch of overrated, out-of-shape players coached by guys who were there to add time to their Retirement programs had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Recruits read message boards? Heck, today's high school recruit can barely read a menu.

Really Clark?
10-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Is this not what happening at MSU now? Petrino is good mind, but another Mullen... Chip was successful at Oregon, but Nike money helps to. Malzhan out athleted most his competition, and the SEC was behind when it came to the spread ( including Alabama). Living in AL, I witness how Auburn pushed Malzhan into actually hiring an OC. Spurrier turned FL into a powerhouse, but like he said, FL was a sleeping giant with the talent base. Didn't go so well in SC right.
Right now this team has has more than offensive problems. But our HC is bogged down implementing his offense.

And none of that has anything to do with your premise that we couldn’t name any successful HC who also called plays. Don’t try to justify and expand what you originally asserted. There have been several who have done so

Mutt the Hoople
10-06-2018, 11:57 AM
It's been said that the three days at Gettysburg was the price the Confederacy paid for having such a great General as Robert E. Lee.

RougeDawg
10-06-2018, 01:03 PM
99, you were the primary one giving people grief who didnt automatically agree with you that state was going to blow KY and florida out of the water. In fact, you thought we were bear trolls. So why should people get behind you on this?

This is an approach I?ve never really understood.

Anyone with a heardbeat and either two working ears or eyes, thought we would beat Kentucky and Florida. Slytanic could have easily cruised to two Wins against them.

Just because someone, myself included, does not realize our coach is incapable of recognizing Fitz and our OL are not up to par with his offense yet, does not mean we were wrong for thinking we would win the last two. We should have won the last two. Nobody on this board and hardly anyone around the nation saw the last two weeks coming.

I?ll let you in on a little secret why nobody predicted the last two weeks. Nobody actually thought a new HC was actually dumb enough to believe the SloMo offense would be the be all end all 100% the offense, 5 games into a season. Add on top of that your QB who does not fit your system, missed ALL OF SPRING and the 1st game. Any so called ?genius? or ?offensive guru? should recognize this before any keyboard cowboy on a message board.

Here?s another reason. We have a top 10-15 defense in all of college football. Any offense with a pulse is undefeated, or 4-1 at this point in the season with that type of defense. We are wasting a season that should have been and the main reason is SloMo.

Dawgowar
10-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Because this is a message board. We can post whatever the heck we want. This reminds me of 2001, when the Sunshine Pumpers were telling us we were going to win the National Championship. Then, the team just laid down and died like dogs. Instead of taking the chance to become a great football player, Dontae took the time to smoke dope and get fat.

I actually had some guy wearing a Zorro suit and wearing a mask, telling me my negative posts were "bringing down the program". No, having a bunch of overrated, out-of-shape players coached by guys who were there to add time to their Retirement programs had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Recruits read message boards? Heck, today's high school recruit can barely read a menu.

Mutt, that was THE Zorro.