PDA

View Full Version : MsStateBaseball

messageboardsuperhero
10-15-2013, 09:31 AM
You're killing it on twitter about the need for a new stadium. I love what you're saying and the points you're making. Keep it up.

maroonmania
10-15-2013, 09:44 AM
based on the response I heard about from that question on Stricklin's BSR interview a couple of weeks ago I'm not really sure how open he is to the idea. Said something along the lines of "that may not be the wisest use of our dollars and resources available". Maybe if he hears enough Bulldog fans in favor of it he may be more willing to look at that option but I don't think that is the direction he is wanting to go right now from the sound of it.

Will James
10-15-2013, 09:45 AM
"that may not be the wisest use of our dollars and resources available".

Thats just ****ing dumb

messageboardsuperhero
10-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Thats just ****ing dumb

Agreed, that is just plain wrong.

I listened to that interview and fortunately, after reading tweets from last night, his tone seems to have changed dramatically about this between then and now. Some big boosters might have sat down with him and explained how important this is and how we need to go all out with it. Plus he did say he would do what the firms told him to do in order to make DNF the best college baseball stadium in America. You'd think Populous and JM Smith would take one look at it and say the only way to reach this goal would be to start over, so I hope that's what happens. I've also seen a lot of people behind the idea on twitter, so let's see what happens.

smootness
10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
He said may...seems to me like just kind of a general statement made by an AD so as not to back himself into a corner in any direction.

They may, and probably will, find out that it actually is the best use of dollars and resources, and it sounds like they're already starting to go in that direction.

engie
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
based on the response I heard about from that question on Stricklin's BSR interview a couple of weeks ago I'm not really sure how open he is to the idea. Said something along the lines of "that may not be the wisest use of our dollars and resources available". Maybe if he hears enough Bulldog fans in favor of it he may be more willing to look at that option but I don't think that is the direction he is wanting to go right now from the sound of it.

Stricklin's mindset has changed. And a complete teardown is DEFINITELY on the table. He even said as much last night.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 11:15 AM
NO WAY WE TEAR DOWN THE GRANDSTAND!!!!1!1!!

Sincerely,

Sandman

engie
10-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Seems the overwhelming majority at the meeting thought that a tear down is the best option, which is somewhat surprising to me in a good way...

https://twitter.com/MsStateBaseball

Miss State Baseball ‏@MsStateBaseball 2h
We must have the best stadium in the country. We have the best atmosphere. We have the best fans. We will be the best team in the country.
Expand
We need a stadium to reflect our baseball legacy and our future excellence in the sport of baseball. We paved the way in 87, others followed
Expand
The best cannot come from what we have in place. It has served its useful purpose. I was there in 1987. We filled it up numerous times.
Expand
From what I read about the stadium meeting last night, the only logical solution is to tear down and start over. We want the best right?

messageboardsuperhero
10-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I think once everyone got in a room together and started naming the issues with the grandstand all at once (steepness of the grandstand, how bad it looks on TV, the big wall behind the boxes, its lack of flexibility, sightlines, etc.), most people slowly came to the conclusion that it would be best to completely rebuild.

Once you sit down and think about it, starting over is the most sensible thing to do.

messageboardsuperhero
10-15-2013, 01:10 PM
NO WAY WE TEAR DOWN THE GRANDSTAND!!!!1!1!!

Sincerely,

Sandman

Ha, I wonder what that guy is thinking now...

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Our administration and fan base has an enormous responsibly with the DNF project. We must move the ball forward for college baseball. We were the first ones to do it, and now we need to do it again. MSU deserves the finest college baseball facility in the history of humankind, and I really believe that.

I say lets build a new stadium in the parking lot on the East side of the hump, and tear down Dudy Noble Field and make it replace the parking lot we lost with the new stadium.

We should build the stadium in a hole, and create a tiered left field lounge that would have safer structures built on it that also maintained the character and "junky-ness" of the left lounge.

The stadium would be a complete bowl and be the loudest most unbelievable college baseball stadium ever built. The state of Mississippi has pride in MSU baseball and raising the necessary money wouldn't be that difficult.

Lets build a shrine to college baseball, and restake our claim as the biggest and best college baseball program on Earth.

WE CAN'T AFFORD TO SCREW THIS UP!

MsStateBaseball
10-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks. If we want to be Top 5 program every year, tear it down , it's not good enough anymore. Remember we are fighting pro baseball too, so if we look like pro baseball then....

Dawg61
10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Brand new stadium is the only way to go. Hire the MSU architect that did Camden Yards and tell her to build the greatest college baseball stadium in the country.

engie
10-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Brand new stadium is the only way to go. Hire the MSU architect that did Camden Yards and tell her to build the greatest college baseball stadium in the country.

Where have you been?

She's already been hired. Along with Populous.

Dawg61
10-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Where have you been?

She's already been hired. Along with Populous.

Haha I thought she was just a potential consultant? There's lots of threads here and with playoff baseball on it's tough to keep up.**

engie
10-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Haha I thought she was just a potential consultant? There's lots of threads here and with playoff baseball on it's tough to keep up.**

Hired. Not "potential" -- it's a done deal. Has been in the works for a few weeks, but was just announced last night...

Dawg61
10-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the first drawings