PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Tweet from Kendall Rogers

AlSwearengen
10-04-2018, 09:52 AM
He was teasing some fall baseball news and mentioned that Ginn was 93-95 with sink and looked terrific. I think he was referencing his outing against Jacksonville State.

Also, I saw that Riley Self hurt his shoulder and was supposed to have it checked out. Has anyone heard anything about him?

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 09:55 AM
If Ginn is going to pitch like a 1st rounder & Ethan Small builds on what he did last year, then we are going to be really really good. Ginn>Pilkington

The biggest question on this team is our defense at shortstop. Westburg is a good hitter, but defensively, he'll be at the bottom of the conference as far as defense at shortstop

Pedrioa is King
10-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Self is fine. No damage.

msstate7
10-04-2018, 10:10 AM
If Ginn is going to pitch like a 1st rounder & Ethan Small builds on what he did last year, then we are going to be really really good. Ginn>Pilkington

The biggest question on this team is our defense at shortstop. Westburg is a good hitter, but defensively, he'll be at the bottom of the conference as far as defense at shortstop

Let's hope the type train on James is warranted

Pit Bull
10-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Has Westburg ever played shortstop for us? I don't know what his stats are if he has, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. SEC must be really good at shortstop this year. What about Gunner Halter?....is he a shortstop?

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Let's hope the type train on James is warranted

If the hype is correct then we might have the best starters in the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Has Westburg ever played shortstop for us? I don't know what his stats are if he has, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. SEC must be really good at shortstop this year. What about Gunner Halter?....is he a shortstop?

No he has not played SS for us in a real game. Halter is more of a 2B or 3B as is Westburg. We don't really have a natural short stop on the roster. Best case scenario is that our shortstop can make the routine plays & hit enough to make up for lack of range.

The Federalist Engineer
10-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Self is fine. No damage.

This is huge news, Self is the #2 arm in the pen coming into 2019. We lost Price in pre-season in 2018 and Smith in preseason 2017...both those guys were preseason relief pitcher All Americans.

This horrible streak has to end.

No BS Dawg
10-04-2018, 01:04 PM
If the hype is correct then we might have the best starters in the SEC.

Oh my... please be careful talking about hype and how it may translate into success with Mississippi State athletics.

Dawgbite
10-04-2018, 01:24 PM
I talked to one of the coaches last saturday before the game and asked "Who is going to be the surprise breakout player this year, who are we all going to fall in love with"? He didn't hesitate, "Westburg".

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Oh my... please be careful talking about hype and how it may translate into success with Mississippi State athletics.

For sure, you can never tell when the coach might whip it out and get canned.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 02:07 PM
I talked to one of the coaches last saturday before the game and asked "Who is going to be the surprise breakout player this year, who are we all going to fall in love with"? He didn't hesitate, "Westburg".

Coach Gautreau has thought very highly of Westburg since he arrived. He says, the ball comes of Westburgs bat differently than everyone else. He's expecting him to produce big offensively this year and go as a high draft pick when eligible.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 03:47 PM
No he has not played SS for us in a real game. Halter is more of a 2B or 3B as is Westburg. We don't really have a natural short stop on the roster. Best case scenario is that our shortstop can make the routine plays & hit enough to make up for lack of range.

This is my hope for him too defensively at least. Hopefully Westburg is working on his defense though.

Todd4State
10-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Coach Gautreau has thought very highly of Westburg since he arrived. He says, the ball comes of Westburgs bat differently than everyone else. He's expecting him to produce big offensively this year and go as a high draft pick when eligible.

I could see it. He absolutely destroyed a baseball in Omaha this year.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 04:03 PM
I could see it. He absolutely destroyed a baseball in Omaha this year.

That Grand Slam was hit a long way in Omaha. We were right past 3rd base and had people from Omaha say they had never seen a home run clear the bullpen like that.

preachermatt83
10-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Didn't myself and a few others get criticized for saying a while back that Westburg would be our starting SS ?

msstate7
10-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Didn't myself and a few others get criticized for saying a while back that Westburg would be our starting SS ?

Well most of us didn't predict Alexander to get popped with PED use

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Just wanted to throw this out there. The word was Alexander has a genetic liver issue that almost all the males in his family have. It causes some tests to show a false positive. MSU knew about it and had Dr documentation. The NCAA disregarded any documentation from his doctor and suspended him. This is what was said around Belmont anyway. Doesn't mean he didn't use it as an excuse to do PEDs but he was hit for the liver test which shows up like a masking agent, not actual PEDs.

Johnson85
10-04-2018, 04:58 PM
This is my hope for him too defensively at least. Hopefully Westburg is working on his defense though.

When Cohen was raving about him in the world series, didn't he talk about his future at short stop? Or was he just talking about him as a hitter? Maybe he just raved about his hitting and other people talked about him being at shrot stop.

preachermatt83
10-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Wouldn't have mattered