PDA

View Full Version : RPOs and Nick

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 08:51 AM
When I think of a run pass option--I think of Nick with a moving pocket and making a quick throw or hauling ass. Not sitting in the pocket and checking down 4 options. One play the other night Nick rolled right and looked to have plenty of green in front of Him. But he chose to throw to Austin and the DB knocked it down. I want Nick to be the Hammer not the Nail. I want the old run over your ass Fitz.

smootness
10-04-2018, 08:55 AM
An RPO doesn't pertain just to the QB. Every pass play is also an RPO in that sense, Fitz can take off whenever he wants.

An RPO is basically a read option, but instead of the options being either the RB or QB running, it is either handing off to the RB or throwing a pass.

TNDawg35
10-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Fitz isn’t the same QB as last yr. I would rather him just hand it to Aries or KH. Like I have said before, he seems very timid.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Fitz isn’t the same QB as last yr. I would rather him just hand it to Aries or KH. Like I have said before, he seems very timid.

He seems timid because he has several extra checks to work through. That many checks might work in the BIG, but it ain't gonna work in the SEC unless you have Bama's offensive line. Even then it's problematic.

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 10:23 AM
An RPO doesn't pertain just to the QB. Every pass play is also an RPO in that sense, Fitz can take off whenever he wants.

An RPO is basically a read option, but instead of the options being either the RB or QB running, it is either handing off to the RB or throwing a pass.

I understand that. But I would rather Fitz to move left or right and either throw a quick pass or run. By the 4th quarter the DBs would be sick of tackling Him.