PDA

View Full Version : Bob Shoop Sending A Message to JoMo?

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 07:19 PM
I found this quote by Shoop tonight to be interesting. I wonder if he was indirectly speaking to JoMo?

https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1047638194597126144?s=21

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 07:21 PM
I don't think so. I think he was speaking to the team. And he's also watched the film of our "great" defense too I would imagine.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 07:23 PM
I don't think so. I think he was speaking to the team. And he's also watched the film of our "great" defense too I would imagine.

Probably, just seems like a message JoMo needs to hear.

In this conference you have to fight fire with Fire. The talent may be similar for some teams in the Big 10 but the mentality is not.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 07:25 PM
He might have been speaking to everyone, across the board. Team, coaches, even trainers and sech.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 07:27 PM
In the SEC, you better be able to fight before scheme will ever matter.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Maybe we should get off the field on third down just once against a team that has a qb that can't throw and can't run. We held them to 13 points cause we have way above avg talent. We never stopped what they wanted to do- short screens of several different varieties (until we put Willie gay in) and they still can't throw. I'm not sold on Shoop. Two weeks In A row against limited offenses and we are just ok

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2018, 07:34 PM
I found this quote by Shoop tonight to be interesting. I wonder if he was indirectly speaking to JoMo?

https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1047638194597126144?s=21

Probably sending a shot about how light we go in practice. Little to no inside run and the 1's never see each other

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Maybe we should get off the field on third down just once against a team that has a qb that can't throw and can't run. We held them to 13 points cause we have way above avg talent. We never stopped what they wanted to do- short screens of several different varieties (until we put Willie gay in) and they still can't throw. I'm not sold on Shoop. Two weeks In A row against limited offenses and we are just ok

You thinking Franks can't throw: is that your evaluation or others?

He may be a poor decision maker, but he throws a beautiful ball. Mullen took the read stuff away from him and Mullen has the best WRs he's ever had.

I saw no evidence that Franks couldn't throw the other night. Looked like a more athletic Tyler Russell to me.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Probably sending a shot about how light we go in practice. Little to no inside run and the 1's never see each other

I'm thinking that anything he wanted to say to JoMo would've taken place behind closed doors. I'm thinking any coach can probably approach JoMo about something like this. Maybe he do need more convincing tho ... not sure.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 07:50 PM
You thinking Franks can't throw: is that your evaluation or others?

He may be a poor decision maker, but he throws a beautiful ball. Mullen took the read stuff away from him and Mullen has the best WRs he's ever had.

I saw no evidence that Franks couldn't throw the other night. Looked like a more athletic Tyler Russell to me.

Show me when he can throw?? They threw screen after screen after screen for a reason. He might can throw in 7 on 7 but that's not what we play.
ETA show me a game when he has been abole to throw. And don't pull one throw out your ass, I can do that w Fitz and he can't throw.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Show me when he can throw?? They threw screen after screen after screen for a reason. He might can throw in 7 on 7 but that's not what we play.
ETA show me a game when he has been abole to throw. And don't pull one throw out your ass, I can do that w Fitz and he can't throw.

Uh, he looked fine throwing the other night. Our defense was fine

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Uh, he looked fine throwing the other night. Our defense was fine

I actually enjoy your posts. But you are actually making me think you don't watch. How many balls did they throw down field? 4?? They tried that against uk and he was awful. Hasn't thrown well all year. He's not a great thrower. He completed 3 slants against us and a scramble throw on the first play of the game. And yes our defense is fine. Not great. If it was they wouldn't have given up 370 yards to a very avg fla offense and 250 yds to uk rushing. That might be fine w you but it's not 1999. And we have that type of talent in spots.

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 08:38 AM
I actually enjoy your posts. But you are actually making me think you don't watch. How many balls did they throw down field? 4?? They tried that against uk and he was awful. Hasn't thrown well all year. He's not a great thrower. He completed 3 slants against us and a scramble throw on the first play of the game. And yes our defense is fine. Not great. If it was they wouldn't have given up 370 yards to a very avg fla offense and 250 yds to uk rushing. That might be fine w you but it's not 1999. And we have that type of talent in spots.

right-we are good--but we can't get off the field. My biggest concern is our linebackers.. they get caught in the flow and they take bad angles. Leo whiffs too many times when we need a solid tackle.

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 08:43 AM
another thing that makes you go Hmmm. This defense as good as it is doesn't get many turnovers. We are 5 games in and they have not scored a defense touchdown. Willie blew his chance and it would have been huge. Play makers have to make plays. It is not happening anywhere --offense -defense or special teams. and please go find someone who can punt.

Really Clark?
10-04-2018, 09:24 AM
another thing that makes you go Hmmm. This defense as good as it is doesn't get many turnovers. We are 5 games in and they have not scored a defense touchdown. Willie blew his chance and it would have been huge. Play makers have to make plays. It is not happening anywhere --offense -defense or special teams. and please go find someone who can punt.

We are tied for 28th nationally in Interceptions with 5. The anomaly is we have gotten a fumble this year but those things just happen in small game sizes.

And defensive TD?s just happen. You can?t make a stat on that by the number of games played. We didn?t have an Int TD the first six games last year and then had 1 the following 3. 3 for the year had us tied for 6th. That was 1 more than Bama who had 2 last year

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 10:35 AM
We are tied for 28th nationally in Interceptions with 5. The anomaly is we have gotten a fumble this year but those things just happen in small game sizes.

And defensive TD?s just happen. You can?t make a stat on that by the number of games played. We didn?t have an Int TD the first six games last year and then had 1 the following 3. 3 for the year had us tied for 6th. That was 1 more than Bama who had 2 last year

understand--but when your Offense is in a struggle -- it would be nice to have a pick six-a scoop and score or maybe just get off the field with a 3 and out.

Brahmabull
10-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Shoop hasn't impressed me. We have elite defensive players yet we struggle to get off the field on 3rd downs. Florida flipped the field on us almost every time they had the ball. Kentucky was one dimensional and we still couldn't stop them from running the football. We have yet to play a team that has tried to even challenge us vertically. Shoop's saving grace is our offense has been atrocious so most people are not even looking hard at the defense.

StateDawg44
10-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Shoop hasn't impressed me. We have elite defensive players yet we struggle to get off the field on 3rd downs. Florida flipped the field on us almost every time they had the ball. Kentucky was one dimensional and we still couldn't stop them from running the football. We have yet to play a team that has tried to even challenge us vertically. Shoop's saving grace is our offense has been atrocious so most people are not even looking hard at the defense.

I agree. They have kept us in games. No denying that but they haven't been as dominating as I thought or envisioned. Those are my expectations though so they may have been higher than should've been.

They are spending a lot of time on the field and most of the dominating I expected was supposed to come in the second half of games after we had worn a team down more than they've been able to because of so many 3 & outs by the offense.

TrapGame
10-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Shoop probably sends a message by going elsewhere at the end of the season.

And if that happens Cohen better open up the checkbook for a damn good DC.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Dan doesn't typically throw downfield very often. We rarely did it even with Dak here. As much kudos as Dan gets for developing QBs, they mostly throw screens and 5-10 yard routes.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Shoop probably sends a message by going elsewhere at the end of the season.

And if that happens Cohen better open up the checkbook for a damn good DC.

Nah. He won't do that to JoMo.

I think Shoop will be very loyal to JoMo due to JoMo taking care of him after Tennessee

TrapGame
10-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Nah. He won't do that to JoMo.

I think Shoop will be very loyal to JoMo due to JoMo taking care of him after Tennessee

Good point.

I'd like to see these coaches stay and create a top notch SEC program. No telling what would have happened with this program if Manny stayed on for four or five years.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Good point.

I'd like to see these coaches stay and create a top notch SEC program. No telling what would have happened with this program if Manny stayed on for four or five years.

Completely agree.

They've got to be top notch coaches first though....