PDA

View Full Version : Check this schedule out (especially with winning margins).

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 06:40 PM
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2016/team/georgia

DownwardDawg
10-03-2018, 06:50 PM

Wow. Seems like forever ago when they sucked. He sure turned that around.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Wow. Seems like forever ago when they sucked. He sure turned that around.

He barely beat some very bad teams among his wins too ... that's what surprised me. And as talented as we are this year, we aren't that close to what they were that year.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2018, 06:56 PM
I constantly pissed of my UGA friends that season by calling Kirby "Ray Goff 2.0". Kirby really didn't look very good that year, was constantly losing his shit on the sideline. I was sitting in a bar watching the Tennessee game and called their win immediately after UGa scored to take the lead with :10 seconds left. Thought my friends were going to break the TV when Dobbs made that throw.

Dawgfan77
10-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Three points away from 10 with a frosh QB. And did he have any games in which the offense had less than 300 yds Yes the next year they played for the sec and natty but they also had a composite top 10 recruiting profile. Apples to oranges

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Not many points away from more losses too. Look at how bad they beat Nicholls in Athens. LOST to Vandy in Athens 17-16.
Not saying JoMo will turn out great. The point is there is usually is a step or two back when swapping out coaching staffs.

ETA: Remember also that Kirby knew what the SEC was like going in ... and he also playing in the East.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Three points away from 10 with a frosh QB. And did he have any games in which the offense had less than 300 yds Yes the next year they played for the sec and natty but they also had a composite top 10 recruiting profile. Apples to oranges

But it's a perfect example of a highly talented team - coming off a 3 loss season - that was expected not to miss a beat and hit similar bumps in the road due to learning new systems and new coaches. They almost lost to NICHOLS STATE.

And you're wrong about 300 yards. UF held UGA to 164 yards in Total Offense. 21 yards rushing. With Nick Chubb and Sony Michel.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 07:09 PM
When Mullen left I thought to myself "Dammit, we had a chance to be really good next year, but that just went out the window".

But there were so many accolades about Joe, Getsy, some on Shoop, and combine that with a very veteran roster, I bought into the "no steps back, we'll be even better with new staff" mantra.

Bass Chaser
10-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Problem is we changed offense and defense.

DownwardDawg
10-03-2018, 07:30 PM
When Mullen left I thought to myself "Dammit, we had a chance to be really good next year, but that just went out the window".

But there were so many accolades about Joe, Getsy, some on Shoop, and combine that with a very veteran roster, I bought into the "no steps back, we'll be even better with new staff" mantra.

Me too. I bought into the thought that we were gonna go 11-1 or 10-2. I should know better at my age. This is gonna take a year or two if it works out at all. If not, it really sucks because this will set us back for years. And we had a chance to take a big step ahead of ole miss the next few years.

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 07:32 PM
This thread has improved my mood towards our football program.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 07:51 PM

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Season/2017-Football/Commits/

Think we'll be adding this talent in the offseason like smart did? This is just a terrible comparison, sorry... we lose a boatload of talent... they returned 2 nfl RBs and added #3 class

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:03 PM

Think we'll be adding this talent in the offseason like smart did? This is just a terrible comparison, sorry... we lose a boatload of talent... they returned 2 nfl RBs and added #3 class

Dude ... I been waiting on ya!! **

Naw, we won't. The POINT is tho that you don't turn over a whole staff and not take steps back. Not from head coach on down (well, we did keep Baker & TBuck). Just saying. Can Joe get it back where it was ... probably not ... no one better than yo boy ****

Have you taken anything for that sep anxiety yet? ****

https://www.tenkarausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-09-at-12.32.59-PM.png

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 08:05 PM

Actually it's a very good comparison because the point isn't how well they did the next year it's how they did in his first year. What was Richt's last 3 classes ranked?

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:12 PM
In 2016 draft (year before smart), Georgia had 5 players taken. In 2017 draft (smart's 1st season), Georgia had 1 taken. Last season, Georgia had 6 taken (3 in 1st round). Smart also added a sick class before 2017 season. They were primed for a big 2017. We were primed for a big 2018. We will lose a ton this year and bring in a 30ish class. We will be bad next season. The 1 player taken in 2017 draft was the least at Georgia since 1992

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 08:19 PM
In 2016 draft (year before smart), Georgia had 5 players taken. In 2017 draft (smart's 1st season), Georgia had 1 taken. Last season, Georgia had 6 taken (3 in 1st round). Smart also added a sick class before 2017 season. They were primed for a big 2017. We were primed for a big 2018. We will lose a ton this year and bring in a 30ish class. We will be bad next season. The 1 player taken in 2017 draft was the least at Georgia since 1992

Cool so what do you propose we do about it without saying the words Neal Brown? We can't fire SlowMo for future failures we think will happen.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:19 PM

Yea but the 6 taken this year were on that team too. As were the ones taken next year.

So yo' boy only stocked the cupboard enough to have a really good year and get outta town? Is that what you tellin me?

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Cool so what do you propose we do about it without saying the words Neal Brown? We can't fire SlowMo for future failures we think will happen.

We hope joe figures it out. All I'm saying is we shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with smart year 2... we ain't even coming close to Atlanta or the playoffs. Crazy talk

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Yea but the 6 taken this year were on that team too. As were the ones taken next year.

So yo' boy only stocked the cupboard enough to have a really good year and get outta town? Is that what you tellin me?

Do you believe miss state can be stacked into a year-in, year-out west contender? I do not. Redshirting and building up for a 10-win type team every 4 years is our best outlook

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Do you believe miss state can be stacked into a year-in, year-out west contender? I do not. Redshirting and building up for a 10-win type team every 4 years is our best outlook

Here is what I do want to believe right now. We taking step back this year and probably will be about what we would've been anyway next year. But I do believe that Joe will work [B]more consistently[B] harder at it than Mullen did. Mullen is good when he working hard. I don't think he always worked hard.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Here is what I do want to believe right now. We taking step back this year and probably will be about what we would've been anyway next year. But I do believe that Joe will work [B]more consistently[B] harder at it than Mullen did. Mullen is good when he working hard. I don't think he always worked hard.

Maybe so, he was here a long time and could've gotten complacent at times. I believe complacent Mullen is superior to hard workin' joe at the moment though

Dawg61
10-03-2018, 08:27 PM
We hope joe figures it out. All I'm saying is we shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with smart year 2... we ain't even coming close to Atlanta or the playoffs. Crazy talk

Literally no one is saying we're a potential 2019 playoff team.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Maybe so, he was here a long time and could've gotten complacent at times. I believe complacent Mullen is superior to hard workin' joe at the moment though

Well ... we ain't lost to a team yet that has only had a football program for 9 years.

msstate7
10-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Well ... we ain't lost to a team yet that has only had a football program for 9 years.

Let's just hope joe can break 75 2nd half yards, 225 total yards, and double digits this week

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Let's just hope joe can break 75 2nd half yards, 225 total yards, and double digits this week

Boy ... for sech a smart feller .. you dense as lead sometimes.

The POINT were ... Mullen took the whole summer off in 2016, and some recruiting cycles before that too since we were so very young that year. And he didn't do shat the week before the game either.

And I KNOW Moorhead is sucking right now. I don't need to keep being reminded of it.

I have come to conclusion tho that he needs to scale back HIS offense, not try to totally change everything, just emphasize key parts of HIS offense. Otherwise it will be really ugly next year too.

This coming Saturday ... I'll probably be ready to fire him again.

Dawgfan77
10-04-2018, 06:04 AM

We can?t even have a top 20 class with arguably the best class in MS recent history.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Do you remember looking like dog shit against UM in 2014 with an outside shot at a Playoff spot or at minimum Sugar Bowl or 2015 Egg Bowl also looking like shit? I realize Mullen would have won probably 10 games with this group but don't forget how pissed everyone would get when Mullen gave up after losing to Bama every year or didn't recruit in December. Mullen had been trying to get another job for 4 or 5 years and it affected the team every November when he was shopping himself.

Moorhead might not be the answer but we need to support him to make sure because we aren't getting Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or Smart anytime soon. UGA hired an assistant and he barely won 8 games when UGA had been averaging 9-11 games every year under Richt. They made the move and had a lower year but now are rolling. Hopefully we take a step forward with Joe but if not I expect Cohen will replace him.