PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Offensive Game Plan vs Auburn?

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I know everyone wants to run the ball but I feel like that should've been the Kentucky and Florida game plan but not the Auburn game plan.

Auburn has the #8 run defense in the country. We ain't running vs them and wouldn't have under Mullen either.

I think 17 points wins this game.

What do you do?

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Pray. **

ETA: This year we get a couple of defensive scores, 1 for this year, and 1 to make up for inadvertent whistle last year. We win 14-10.

bulldawg989
10-03-2018, 08:21 PM
MY offensive plan would be the opposite of what Jo-softie has been doing. I think the plan we'll see is the same dumb shit he's been doing with sadly, similar results.

3rdGen
10-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Slants, drags, comebacks, screens, bootleg.... routes no more than ten yards at a time so it will be quick developing with the very occasional deep shot. Use the TE.
Double Rb veer plays where one of the rbs picks up a block. Double rub sweep plays and draws. Both areis and Kylin on the field getting touches in double back sets and catching passes out of those sets. Let fitz decide who to hand it off to by reading the D and getting ready to snap the ball with 10 sec left on the play clock.

I?m not a coach but I think that?s how I would approach it. And if I lost at least we made some adjustments.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2018, 10:02 PM
I run the ball and take 2-3 shots over the top every quarter (with no expectation of competing them) just to keep everyone on their toes. The best DLs get tired after 4 quarters of OL leaning on them. That's when the chunk runs will come, late in the game.

RezDog7
10-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Try to get two safeties so we win 4-3.

Todd4State
10-03-2018, 11:13 PM
The first thing I would do is bench Greg Eiland and start Tyre Phillips. The next thing I do is see how Fitz looks and if he looks like he normally does I'm pulling him out of the game and go with Key at the beginning of the second quarter. With our defense it may just work especially if we can cobble together 14-21 points somehow. I would also call fewer RPO's and call more pure pass and run plays to take away as much thinking as possible. I'd also go with 2 back (Hill and Aeris) and 2 TE (Farrod and Justin Johnson) sets so that when Auburn puts 8-9 in the box we'll be able to block it a little better hopefully. Guidry would be the lone WR in the 2 back 2 TE sets. That actually gets probably our best skill players for the most part on the field.

justwin
10-03-2018, 11:19 PM
I know everyone wants to run the ball but I feel like that should've been the Kentucky and Florida game plan but not the Auburn game plan.

Auburn has the #8 run defense in the country. We ain't running vs them and wouldn't have under Mullen either.

What do you do?

I?d put whop in the slot which would serve many purposes from having a big, aggressive target in the middle of the field who catches the ball with his hands for the qb to have better chances of completing passes. every other sec team does this. We are getting nothing from the slot position, nothing. Deddrick & mixon only get speed sweeps and wr screens. It would free up Guidry too.

justwin
10-03-2018, 11:20 PM
The first thing I would do is bench Greg Eiland and start Tyre Phillips. The next thing I do is see how Fitz looks and if he looks like he normally does I'm pulling him out of the game and go with Key at the beginning of the second quarter. With our defense it may just work especially if we can cobble together 14-21 points somehow. I would also call fewer RPO's and call more pure pass and run plays to take away as much thinking as possible. I'd also go with 2 back (Hill and Aeris) and 2 TE (Farrod and Justin Johnson) sets so that when Auburn puts 8-9 in the box we'll be able to block it a little better hopefully. Guidry would be the lone WR in the 2 back 2 TE sets. That actually gets probably our best skill players for the most part on the field.

Yes! It’s time for the key, whop, Kylin show

parabrave
10-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Take what Mullen did against us Sat and implement it with the screens and off tackle sweeps. Then if that opens anything up hit the ten yards quick passes.

Sienfield
10-04-2018, 06:31 AM
I'd punt on first downs and hope for some defensive scores.

Dawg61
10-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Focus on up tempo and never change the play at the LOS. Make the check down option the preferred option and throw to our TEs a whole bunch. Throw about 8 screens to Hill and line him up as WR sometimes and throw him bubble screens. I'd get Hill twenty touches with half being on screens or jet sweeps. I'd use Aeris to run up the middle after we've attacked their edges. Then hit our WRs deep on play-action. Mitchell won't drop it this time. I'd barely run Fitz the entire game.

StarkVegasSteve
10-04-2018, 08:42 AM
RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL. It truly is that simple. Now I'm not saying run it up the center's butt every time. More like run the Relf Coast. We have 10x the athletes now than we had in 09 and the holes were gaping then and they'll be the same way Saturday. Misdirection fools a very aggressive DLine. Just look at ours Saturday night. After they started running it well they'd mix in the PA screen and once they ran it with regularity the holes became wider for their RBs to run the zone

Dawgology
10-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Just take a knee the whole time. According to JoMo what we aren't running the other team can stop and what we are running the other team can stop. So what's the point?

MaroonFlounder
10-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Up the middle
Up the middle
Off tackle
Punt

Goldendawg
10-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Wait until there is 3 to 5 seconds left to attempt three passing plays so the opposing D can time their all out blitz and then punt for 34 yards. Never mind, we have already tried this.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2018, 09:30 PM

What do you do?

Get the ball into Aeris and Hill's hands every way possible. Hit quick slants to slot receivers. Tell Austin William's he is going to get 10 targets, so get open. Have TEs throw chip blocks and run a 5 yard out to the flat every pass play.

Time to get Fitz away from running the ball with quick attacking plays with easy throws.

When you get the safety down into the box, play action and take shots.

RBs getting the ball on screens, straight hand offs, wheel routes. Chip blocks and peel offs.

If Fitz has designed runs and deep throws, we lose.

Quick strikes regardless of down and distance and defense. Make them get into base defense and tear them apart below the zone.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2018, 09:36 PM
RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL. It truly is that simple. Now I'm not saying run it up the center's butt every time. More like run the Relf Coast. We have 10x the athletes now than we had in 09 and the holes were gaping then and they'll be the same way Saturday. Misdirection fools a very aggressive DLine. Just look at ours Saturday night. After they started running it well they'd mix in the PA screen and once they ran it with regularity the holes became wider for their RBs to run the zone

Yep. Run the ball.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Run the ball. If they put 11 in the box, run the ball and make them prove that they can stop it. Don’t check out of the run just because they load the box.

ckDOG
10-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Get the ball into Aeris and Hill's hands every way possible. Hit quick slants to slot receivers. Tell Austin William's he is going to get 10 targets, so get open. Have TEs throw chip blocks and run a 5 yard out to the flat every pass play.

Time to get Fitz away from running the ball with quick attacking plays with easy throws.

When you get the safety down into the box, play action and take shots.

RBs getting the ball on screens, straight hand offs, wheel routes. Chip blocks and peel offs.

If Fitz has designed runs and deep throws, we lose.

Quick strikes regardless of down and distance and defense. Make them get into base defense and tear them apart below the zone.

+1

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2018, 12:03 AM
They're going to stack the box to force Fitz to beat them throwing. Got to force them go defend sideline to sideline. Throw some bubble screens, and maybe some reverses to counter any over aggressive play. Try to keep the passes short enough to hopefully allow Fitz to get the ball within three yards of the receiver, but just deep enough to force them to try and unstack the box. He doesn't need to hold the ball over 2-3 seconds. Hit a quick pass or take off running.