PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters named in b-ball investigation

PassInterference
10-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Wetzel tweets:

Documents also suggested $5,000 to Troy Brown for "Mayweather tickets" and a proposed $2,500 per month for Lamar Peters. Lot of names tossed around in documents.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Wunderbar...

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM
17 yeah!!!

This week is only getting better.

Over/under us scoring 6.5 points on Saturday?

Political Hack
10-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Well, Bracky will make damn sure he never plays again. Great. Basketball season is over too because someone whispered someone's name in an unfounded allegation. Meanwhile, other entire programs are flipping the middle finger at the ncaa and playing for championships.

PassInterference
10-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Yep. Will be interesting to see what Bracky does.

Lacking subpoena power to conduct an investigation, I say we just let Peters play and see how this shakes out.

Also, if you?re gonna get caught it?s pretty cool to be one of 50 that all got caught together.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Yep. Will be interesting to see what Bracky does.

Lacking subpoena power to conduct an investigation, I say we just let Peters play and see how this shakes out.

Also, if you?re gonna get caught it?s pretty cool to be one of 50 that all got caught together.

I hope he does what every one else does. Take the attitude: If you don't play him you lose. Play him you win. If he gets busted later and you have to vacate wins you are back to where you would have been if you didn't play him.

Cooterpoot
10-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Prayers that Jo Mo's name shows up.....

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Sexton was pretty much proven he got money & had to serve a 1 game suspension. They have no proof so far of Lamar receiving money. I doubt anything happens.

Dawg2003
10-03-2018, 06:41 PM
That sucks, but it's not surprising. I just assume basketball recruiting is dirty to some extent at most schools. At least it says "proposed." That doesn't mean he took the money or at least they can't prove it.

confucius say
10-03-2018, 07:01 PM
The proposal was from us?

craigmid
10-03-2018, 07:13 PM
The proposal was from us?

No, Adidas.

Homedawg
10-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Well, Bracky will make damn sure he never plays again. Great. Basketball season is over too because someone whispered someone's name in an unfounded allegation. Meanwhile, other entire programs are flipping the middle finger at the ncaa and playing for championships.

This isn't new info....

Political Hack
10-03-2018, 09:08 PM
This isn't new info....

New to me. Sorry. I haven't talked to our compliance people in a while...

msstate7
10-03-2018, 09:13 PM

Gutter Cobreh
10-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Well done by the both of you!

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2018, 10:27 PM

Bracky probably got a massive boner when he heard the news. He hasn't bent a player over and 17ed them since Will Redmond. I'm sure he has quite the set of blue balls.

preachermatt83
10-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Here is what rose bowl has to say about it

1. Dawkins is a runner for an agent and not a Mississippi State booster.

2. Lamar Peters is not alleged to have taken anything.

3. The documents presented as evidence show a list of players Dawkins was "involved" with and Lamar Peters is not listed as one of them.

Political Hack
10-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Here is what rose bowl has to say about it

1. Dawkins is a runner for an agent and not a Mississippi State booster.

2. Lamar Peters is not alleged to have taken anything.

3. The documents presented as evidence show a list of players Dawkins was "involved" with and Lamar Peters is not listed as one of them.

That explanation sounds a little premature and out of context to me, but I do hope that's how it plays out.

MarketingBully
10-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Sexton was pretty much proven he got money & had to serve a 1 game suspension. They have no proof so far of Lamar receiving money. I doubt anything happens.

IYOK knows what he’s talking about. Proposed means exactly what it means and it doesn’t mean he received anything. I agree with IYOK that I doubt anything happens.

MarketingBully
10-04-2018, 08:10 AM
That explanation sounds a little premature and out of context to me, but I do hope that's how it plays out.

You do realize that this is Dawkins’ trial and this is it in reference to him specifically.