PDA

View Full Version : Preperation H thread - 3 Questions

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Who is still with Moorhead?
Should play calling duties move to someone else?
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times?
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play?

Jack Lambert
10-03-2018, 03:37 PM
If you put Preparation H all over your body your skin will tighten up and you will look fit. It's the thing to do in NY City to make their abs look better.

https://www.newsweek.com/can-preparation-h-make-your-belly-look-leaner-90603

StateDawg44
10-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Who is still with Moorhead?
Should play calling duties move to someone else?
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times?
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play?

You realize that is 4 questions?

smootness
10-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Who is still with Moorhead? Depends on what you mean; he's our coach and will be the rest of the year and if he turns it around, great. But I don't think he will
Should play calling duties move to someone else? No, he's the playcaller, that's primarily what he was hired on, and we need to see if he can do it
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times? I think our coverage has been ok. Not great all the time, but we're also missing Peters
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play? Our defense as a whole is fine. The offense is the problem.

TrapGame
10-03-2018, 03:46 PM
Who is still with Moorhead? I am, but I want to see improvement.
Should play calling duties move to someone else? Yes. I think Breiner should be OC w/ Joe signing off.
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times? Haven't noticed that's a problem.
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play? See answer above.

tcdog70
10-03-2018, 03:53 PM
I am with Him--we knew going in that His offense would take a while. We didn't know it would be this shitty. But think about where we would be if at Ky it didn't rain and we didn't have 16 penalties/ shitty reffereeing. If Osirus just catches the ball. 5 and 0 wouldn't be so bad. Murphy's Law hit us right between the eyes.

The crappy linebacker play is concerning. Way too much getting lost in the flow and diving at the runners feet. can we not take better angles?

Political Hack
10-03-2018, 04:05 PM
I refuse to answer all four.

No.
Yes.
Defense still isn't the problem.

smootness
10-03-2018, 04:14 PM
I am with Him--we knew going in that His offense would take a while. We didn't know it would be this shitty. But think about where we would be if at Ky it didn't rain and we didn't have 16 penalties/ shitty reffereeing. If Osirus just catches the ball. 5 and 0 wouldn't be so bad. Murphy's Law hit us right between the eyes.

The crappy linebacker play is concerning. Way too much getting lost in the flow and diving at the runners feet. can we not take better angles?

That 5-0 record would mask all kinds of things.

And it wasn't the rain that hurt us in the Kentucky game. Holy crap, the Florida game should have erased that excuse for good.

Cooterpoot
10-03-2018, 04:20 PM
1. He's got one more game to show me he can at least make a damn decision and adjustments.
2. Nope. He's the genius.
3. They are and Mullen exposed them. Our safeties aren't nearly as good this year because of it. Turnovers are nonexistent.
4. They don't. They struggle to get off blocks.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2018, 04:31 PM
1. I am still with Moorhead. Everyone on here has stated how we can make small adjustments to put points on the board, pick one of those suggestions Moorhead. Just find ways to get Kylin and Aeris the ball each 5 times a possession minumum. Screens, bootlegs, delayed hand offs, straight runs, speed option with a PO, wheel routes, flags behind the Dline, etc. Wildcat?
2. Huff should call the plays, with occasional Moorhead override. Hurry up should also pick up the pace.
3. Not sure what our Dbs are doing. Seems like a person is always 4 feet open every play.
4. They run themselves out of the play repeatedly. Not sure why. Let our dline patrol and play clean up.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2018, 05:37 PM
I'm still right where I was four weeks ago. I posted then I was very concerned at what I saw in the first game. I'm waiting to see how it pans out now. We will see if he adjusts going forward. If he does then he can still work out here. Now I'm not as happy with him as I was six weeks ago. I thought at the time we made the hire he was the best candidate out of the ones seriously in contention. I'm not ready to jump off a cliff yet.

StarkVegasSteve
10-03-2018, 05:44 PM
1. I'm still with him for a week, and if he shows some changes I'll be slightly back on board.
2. Huff or Hud need to be calling the plays, but it'll never happen because Moorhead wants the final say
3. DBs look like all stars at times and no stars at others. Just some consistency would be nice
4. Not sure why they don't drop into coverage a little more often. Our D line should be able to get a rush without their help.

testuser
10-03-2018, 05:58 PM
1. Yes
2. No
3. DB are and have been average/below average talent for a few years now
4. Haven't noticed

TXDawg
10-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Who is still with Moorhead? I?m still with him. It?s definitely been a rough couple of games, but I think most of it is on Nick. If you read between the lines, Moorhead seems to agree that the RB?s aren?t getting enough touches. He won?t flat out say it?s Nick, but he?s said that the plays we?re calling have the option for Nick to hand it off. Some of Nick?s reads have been atrocious.

Should play calling duties move to someone else? No

Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times? I don?t think they play too soft, but they absolutely lack ball skills. When was the last time one of our DB?s went up with a receiver and actually won the ball?

Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play? I?m more concerned about the pursuit angles they?re taking.

dawgday166
10-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Who is still with Moorhead? For now.
Should play calling duties move to someone else? Not yet
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times?I'm fine with mixing it up. Wanna be able to do both and disguise it well
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play?Either they are making wrong reads themselves or taking bad angles to the ball. It has happened more than it should. I am questioning our LB coach too, along with our OL coach

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I thought of the bag angles LB play at the last second.

tcdog70
10-03-2018, 08:57 PM
That 5-0 record would mask all kinds of things.

And it wasn't the rain that hurt us in the Kentucky game. Holy crap, the Florida game should have erased that excuse for good.

Why do you think the rain didn't hurt Us? I think we had at least 2 drops because of it. Also Nick has a hard time throwing a dry ball much less a wet one.

Homedawg
10-04-2018, 08:27 AM
Why do you think the rain didn't hurt Us? I think we had at least 2 drops because of it. Also Nick has a hard time throwing a dry ball much less a wet one.

Because we drop dry balls. Can't throw dry balls. And they ran it down out throat and we didn't run for 70 yds. So there's that.

smootness
10-04-2018, 09:01 AM

Because we showed up against a worse team the next week, at home, in perfect weather, and were no better on offense.

The rain did not hurt us.

tcdog70
10-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Because we showed up against a worse team the next week, at home, in perfect weather, and were no better on offense.

The rain did not hurt us.

that just doesn't make sense. one game doesn't have anything to do with the other. The rain was a factor--but you can believe whatever make you happy.

Kingbarkus
10-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Who is still with Moorhead? I am, but I feel gut-punched. Robbed of a good football year. No way we should be this bad offensively. I thought Moorhead would be able to use our current talent and slowly adjust to his system. My faith in him is waning.
Should play calling duties move to someone else? No. Sink or swim with him.
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times? I would fire the DB coach today. Our db's have no concept of how to play the ball in the air. Did you see our DB on the long Florida pass play called back by penalty? Our guy looked like he was playing in the Special Olympics. He was clueless.
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play? I have not noticed it. Our defense has issues, but they have been hanging in. My problem lies with the secondary.

smootness
10-04-2018, 11:00 AM
that just doesn't make sense. one game doesn't have anything to do with the other. The rain was a factor--but you can believe whatever make you happy.

It doesn't make sense that the rain excuse was proven wrong when we were literally not at all better the following week against an even worse team in much better weather?

The rain excuse never made any sense. It didn't cause Kentucky problems, and I don't remember hearing anything about rain for the last 9 years. Suddenly we look terrible and it must have been the rain. When the rain cleared the following week and the offense was still no better...well, it still must have been the rain last week.

This offense is terrible, rain or no rain. You can try to explain that away any way you want, but that is a fact.

Dawgbite
10-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Who is still with Moorhead?I am. I honestly don't think he is the problem. I think that it is taking Fitz too long to decide whether to hand off, run, or pass and our Ol can't give him time to make the correct decision.
Should play calling duties move to someone else? NO. He didn't have problems calling the offense at Penn state, he excelled at it.
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times?I do, I think disrupting the receiver at the line is the best defense against these timing passing teams.
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play?Honestly haven't noticed.

Dawgs87
10-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Who is still with Moorhead?I am. I honestly don't think he is the problem. I think that it is taking Fitz too long to decide whether to hand off, run, or pass and our Ol can't give him time to make the correct decision.
Should play calling duties move to someone else? NO. He didn't have problems calling the offense at Penn state, he excelled at it.
Who thinks our Dbs are playing too soft coverage at all times?I do, I think disrupting the receiver at the line is the best defense against these timing passing teams.
Why do our LBs run directly into the back of our dline every play?Honestly haven't noticed.

1. JoMo is the coach, it is his responsibility. Everything is his responsibility. Period. End of discussion. If he can't adapt, we are not going to win another game this year. Do you think Saban would have the same exact failures two consecutive weeks? lol

2. If it is a fact that he excelled as an OC at one school over a two year period, it does not logically follow that this means he will be successful as a HC at a different school.

3. Why are you talking about the D? 31 of the total 41 points they've allowed have been in the second half after the offense *****footed around for an entire half and did literally nothing. The defense is gassed. UF had the ball for roughly 20 of the 30 minutes in the second half (I think it was closer to 19).

4. Again, why are you talking about the D? Even in SEC games they are averaging giving up 20.5 points. If we can't score 3 TDs in a game, we don't win another game this season.